PDA

View Full Version : Home field advantage?

Chris Christie
11-08-2012, 05:24 PM
If we wind up winning a few more games and take the division, do you guys really think its an actual advantage to the Giants to play on their home turf? History shows that we play better on the road, remember the 07 slogan "road warriors". I don't feel comfortable in my gut that any road to the Super Bowl take place through Met Life stadium. How do you feel about it?

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 05:33 PM
We beat Atlanta at home last year.

Eliscruzzz
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Maybe....I always want the Giants to play at home in the playoffs us fans deserve to see them at least win a couple home playoff games. I also like watching them beatdown teams on the road and watch their crowd go silent. Like GB last year and San Fran.... so awesome watching their fans cry on youtube.

Overdrive92
11-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Well we really don't have a choice, unless we intentionally tank games to allow Dallas & Philly to catch up. Which is obviously not a good idea.

miked1958
11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm cool with the one home game in the WC round. Then go back on road as 4th seed and knock out the 1s and 2s again in their a buildings to get to another SB

stormblue
11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
if you are going to play at home anyway.....then you might as well
get the bye and start in round 2.

miked1958
11-08-2012, 09:18 PM
if you are going to play at home anyway.....then you might as well get the bye and start in round 2.byes are no good. You lose to much momentum. Look at GB last yr. Rodgers sat out their last reg season game then had the Bye. So when the upstart HOT giants team came to Lambeau Arron had not thrown a pass in a meaningful game in 4 wks. And had not played for 3 wks. The rust showed both with Rodgers and his WRs. I'd rather just keep the momentum going and play right from first weekend of playoffs. Extra game but it suites us

Chris Christie
11-08-2012, 09:24 PM
byes are no good. You lose to much momentum. Look at GB last yr. Rodgers sat out their last reg season game then had the Bye. So when the upstart HOT giants team came to Lambeau Arron had not thrown a pass in a meaningful game in 4 wks. And had not played for 3 wks. The rust showed both with Rodgers and his WRs. I'd rather just keep the momentum going and play right from first weekend of playoffs. Extra game but it suites us

I completely agree about the bye week, I think the team loses its steam and momentum. If your going full force throughout the playoffs it's like hitting the brakes. Just look at the giants in 07 Super Bowl run, coming in full force barreling their way through the playoffs without the bye. Then when u get to the bowl, both teams have bye's so it's an even playing field.

stormblue
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
well then why don't you guys work through the weekend just
so you're in shape and not rusty on monday morning.

same for your vacation week.....wouldn't want to lose your
rhythm or competitive edge , just go ahead and work that week too.

wouldn't wan't you to get complacent or out of sync.

44#1
11-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Eli can't pass in NY. Giants are a better road team.

stormblue
11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
the Giants have made it the SB 3 of 5 times with the bye as #1 or #2 seed.

they are only 2 of 10 without the bye.

FlyingTruck
11-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Honestly..it's great that we win on the road in the playoffs..but at some point we have to be able to win on the road AND at home. If we are true "champs" then we should be up to the task either way.

BillTheGreek
11-09-2012, 12:02 AM
We have to Learn to WIN @ Home, or on the road, ALSO ........Don't Blow leads, Score TD's instead of FG and play GIANT FOOTBALL !

GiantGremlin
11-09-2012, 12:23 AM
We beat Atlanta at home last year.

The one thing to note about Atlanta is that they're a warm weather dome team, and historically they don't play well outdoors, especially in cold weather. The Giants also stunk in their 2 prev home playoff games vs Carolina & Philly respectively - they're just not as good at home in the Coughlin era.

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 01:31 AM
the Giants have made it the SB 3 of 5 times with the bye as #1 or #2 seed.

they are only 2 of 10 without the bye.

And those 2 times we made it to the SB without the bye were the 2007 and 2011 teams. On the other hand, we had the bye in 2008 and were one-and-done. With Eli's team, I'd rather play the WC round to be honest...

BlueSanta
11-09-2012, 01:51 AM
After how this fall has gone for the NY / NJ area I would LOVE to see the Giants get some homefield playoff wins to reward the fans.

miked1958
11-09-2012, 03:27 AM
For some reason in recent past they just stopped playing well at Home. Don't know why.. No rime or reason. Can't put my finger on it. Pretty sad when opposing teams have no fear coming into our building. And more times then not they own the gmen and get embarrassed in front of their Home crowd. Just more comfortable as Road team.after this weekend we will stand 4-1 on road while only 3-2 at MetLife.only Road loss was at Philly. We kick FG like we should have and we would be un beaten on road

miked1958
11-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Looking at some of the games closer. We started out very bad at home vs the Browns giving up 17 quick pts but eventually won that going away 41-20. Stunk vs TB at Home and needed a crazy 4th quarter to pull that out. Let RG3 dominate us and almost beat us if not for the 77 yard bomb. ABSOLUTELY STuNK vS Dallas and Steelers.. So as u can see we are less then dominate at MetLife

miked1958
11-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Now lets analyze the Road games. Dominated Carolina, SF. And also jumped all over Dallas 23-0 before letting them come all the way back but were still able to pull out the game. And as I said the 1 road loss should not have been a loss. That's on our coaching staff. It's nothing Philly did. We had em and let em off hook. Check it down to Bradshaw and its game time as Tynes would have hit a chip shot for the win..

So not even using 07 when we were 7-1 on road during reg season and 4-0 in playoffs and SB. but only 3-5 at home. Or using last year, when again we were clearly a better road team it obvious what route we need to take in 2012 if we want another SB Title..

It isn't pretty that we can't defend our home turf but if you guys would rather see us get booted from playoffs in embarrassing fashion keep wishing for a bye and HF lol

Captain Chaos
11-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Don't know why but the G'men do not fair as well at home...think the playoffs are a different matter!

UK-Giantsfan
11-09-2012, 06:17 AM
i came over from London to NY for 24-2 win on Jan 8 last year against Atlanta.......and we were brilliant at home .......we were strong and confident and well organised at home ...and it propelled us on to greater things

i would welcome another home playoff game at Metlife this season

BillTheGreek
11-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Don't know why but the G'men do not fair as well at home...think the playoffs are a different matter!

Don't you think it's about time, they start winning games at home!.........we have 3 home games Left in the season.

Mercury
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Honestly I think the Giants were just going through the motions last game and were not motivated. They play their best games when their backs are to the wall or when they have something to prove, like vs. SF this year, and Patriots, regular season last year. They were statement games.

I don't see them doing enough to get a bye, not with their difficult schedule. They will do enough to make sure they get to the playoffs. Then, I think they will do well in the playoffs whether home or away. They will go into beast mode!

EliDaMANning
11-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I prefer the method that we won last year. Win the division, get a home game and just destroy a dome team. Then go on the road and take care of business.

Chris Christie
11-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Lol what's the odds of that happening, I prefer the 07 method all road games. Don't you guys think it's strange that they play worse at home? Kind've stinks for us folks who pay good money for tickets and parking to go home dissapointed:(