PDA

View Full Version : I want to tell you guys, thanks and something I just wanted to tell you all

giant-4-life
11-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I was recently rated as 100% disabled by the veterans affairs for having lost 14 feet of my small bowels. but I'm still alive. Like the Gmen, I am NOT giving up. I see myself as family with all my fans here, either by being a fellow Giants fan or by being fellow veterans yourselves. Either way, We are forever family.

I hope and pray that you are all well and safe due to Superstorm Sandy. I've heard heartbreaking stories here in the DC area about how you folks are suffering. Please... stay safe and watch each others backs. Looters are going nuts up there and I don't want any of you to be victims. However, I have been extremely blessed being a part of this community and a part of your family here.

GOD speed everyone!

Chris Jackson
Veteran and Fellow Giant fan.
;)

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 07:45 PM
You hang in there.

GameTime
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
wow.....good thoughts and prayers go out to you and thank you for your service to our country. If I may be so bold as to say even though you are considered disabled don't give up on doing things. Recently a very close friend of mine had a heart transplant (46 years old) and was considered1 00% disabled before and after the surgery. He is doing so well he has given up the disability and is going back to work. I am making no assumptions about your condition and ability but just to lend the advice of keeping busy and not too idle for your own sake. Best of luck with your future Chris......

NYG4lifeNYK
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Love topics like this, warms my heart.

..And I just wanted to say, no, thank YOU brother for everything you've sacrificed for all of us. Keep fighting and my prayers are with you bud.

tcseacliff
11-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I was recently rated as 100% disabled by the veterans affairs for having lost 14 feet of my small bowels. but I'm still alive. Like the Gmen, I am NOT giving up. I see myself as family with all my fans here, either by being a fellow Giants fan or by being fellow veterans yourselves. Either way, We are forever family.

I hope and pray that you are all well and safe due to Superstorm Sandy. I've heard heartbreaking stories here in the DC area about how you folks are suffering. Please... stay safe and watch each others backs. Looters are going nuts up there and I don't want any of you to be victims. However, I have been extremely blessed being a part of this community and a part of your family here.

GOD speed everyone!

Chris Jackson
;)

Lost my brother to Cancer, he was at the vet, but a trooper. we all want hang in there, you are still relevant, i say,"Giant for life ALL IN"! god bless!

brad
11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
You are a veteran, a hero... I don't deserve your thanks, but you most certainly deserve mine.

stormblue
11-08-2012, 08:55 PM
respect ....and thanks.

miked1958
11-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Thank You for your Service. I truly appreciate what people like yourself have done for us in America to be able to enjoy the freedoms we have. Also hope you have a speedy recovery

Sarcasman
11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Thank you for your service.

Truly.

joemorrisforprez
11-08-2012, 10:12 PM

GOD speed everyone!

Chris Jackson
;)

Thank you for your service.

People like you are the reason why we live in the greatest country on Earth.

Happy Veterans day.

YATittle1962
11-08-2012, 10:42 PM
stay strong brother

Giant stuck in Texas
11-08-2012, 11:15 PM
God Bless You. Thank you for all your sacrifice.

Martyr
11-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks for your service! Guys like you make America a great place to live.

giantsfan420
11-08-2012, 11:38 PM
awesome post man and thank you for your sacrifice. if we are all a family, you certainly would be the big brother. sorry about your injury. disability is just a term. my whole life, i have seen a supposed "disabled" person overcome every obstacle in his way that would make most men fall apart. in my opinion we are judged by what we give, not what we're given , and in that case, you are in good company for what you gave to this country and all of us, even redskin fans lol

giant-4-life
11-09-2012, 02:11 AM
thanks everyone. It was an honor to defend you all. I spent many cold nights on Guard duty in Germany during two tours freezing my yinny off wondering.. what people back home were doing. I remember during our marksmanship training and we had ranges where our armored vehicles would pull up to these tall concrete ammo pads to load up on ammo, 25mm, 7.62, 5.56.. so on.well at night, I would be able to stand on the pad watching over the ammo supply and sometimes I saw the most beautiful nights broken clouds looking at a bright moon and glancing over at a small german village not far away with peoples lights on in their homes. Man.. seems like ages ago. then spent time on the UN mission in the former Yugoslavian country of Macedonia. froze there too. matter of fact.. I spent more time in cold environments then warm..LOL but Macedonia showed me that we take alot of things for granted.. they were so poor that they didn't seem to have ample trash service so they resorted to burning trash by the side of the road... :o

what a life of experiences it has been. NJ and NY areas after storm sandy remind me of that place. BTW.. there was no "off topic" area to post this so I apologize...

old film shot so sorry for the quality.I'm on the left

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/320451_10151213753083678_1041353629_n.jpg

rainierjef
11-09-2012, 02:21 AM
thanks everyone. It was an honor to defend you all. I spent many cold nights on Guard duty in Germany during two tours freezing my yinny off wondering.. what people back home were doing. I remember during our marksmanship training and we had ranges where our armored vehicles would pull up to these tall concrete ammo pads to load up on ammo, 25mm, 7.62, 5.56.. so on.well at night, I would be able to stand on the pad watching over the ammo supply and sometimes I saw the most beautiful nights broken clouds looking at a bright moon and glancing over at a small german village not far away with peoples lights on in their homes. Man.. seems like ages ago. then spent time on the UN mission in the former Yugoslavian country of Macedonia. froze there too. matter of fact.. I spent more time in cold environments then warm..LOL but Macedonia showed me that we take alot of things for granted.. they were so poor that they didn't seem to have ample trash service so they resorted to burning trash by the side of the road... :o

what a life of experiences it has been. NJ and NY areas after storm sandy remind me of that place. BTW.. there was no "off topic" area to post this so I apologize...

old film shot so sorry for the quality.I'm on the left

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/320451_10151213753083678_1041353629_n.jpg

This picture makes me wish they never got rid of the BDU's. Sharp!
Thank you for your service Sir!

nygfan90
11-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Thank you sir for your service and sacrifices!!

ImElectric2
11-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Keep your head high, bro. You'll be alright. Keep faith and keep strong. I wish you the best and may you witness many more giants super bowls.

jth11
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you for your service and protecting our freedom!

EnragedYouth85
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Good luck brother, feels good knowing a fellow veteran is not giving up and pushing himself!

njg85m
11-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Thank you for your kind wishes and inspiring story.
God bless.

BuffyBlueII
11-09-2012, 12:27 PM

GOD speed everyone!

Chris Jackson
;)

God Bless you and check your inbox.

FBomb
11-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you for your sacrifices that allow us to have this conversation!! We are humbled.