PDA

View Full Version : If u could Run the Giants for a Season...

T-Murda84
12-19-2011, 06:09 PM
What changes do u think would need to be address immediately.

Would u rebuild the line. Would u cut Rolle or Canty. Would u let Osi walk or MM. How would u try to help this organization.

yshock
12-19-2011, 08:03 PM
pack rolle fewel gilbrith and reese. tell coughlin he get one more shot with new coordinators. release canty and replace diehl and mckenzie.

bashful
12-19-2011, 08:17 PM
pack rolle fewel gilbrith and reese. tell coughlin he get one more shot with new coordinators. release canty and replace diehl and mckenzie.</P>

I agree except I would keep role - sorry every team teams a *******</P>

JacksGiant76
12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Trade Osi during the draft.

Let MM walk I think. I like him and I don't.

Toss Canty, I just don't think he's a DT and doesn't make enough of an impact to warrant his contract.

Bring in a good Outside LB so we can move Kiwi back to DE.

Resign Goff and Thomas to 1 or 2 year contracts.

Let Ross walk.

I think Diehl's done.

Play a real 4-3 defense so Rolle can play his real position, not this garbage they're playing now.

Gilbride has worn out his welcome but it's hard to argue against an offense being ranked 7th in the league but his play calling is uncreative and predictive.

I'm gonna get hammered for this but keep Fewell unless Spags is available. He had this defense playing lights out last year, top 5 in the league and I think he just needs to rediscover what he did last year.

NYfanatic
12-19-2011, 09:51 PM
1. Fire Coughlin, Killdrive and Fewell
2. Cut Jacobs and Canty and Diehl and Mckenzie
3. Hire Cowher or a young gun from Pack/ravens or Saints
4. Trade Osi
5. Draft Oline
6. Hire some depth.
Simple enough.

Giantsrule1986
12-19-2011, 10:55 PM
First, fire Fewell and the rest of the staff

Second hire spags

Third reevaluate the talent level at all positions.

Fourth, retool the linebacker core followed by the secondary and the offensive line.

Fifth, tell my defensive players that i want them to lay people out, i don't care about the fines, i'll pay them. I just want them to make people pay when they go over the middle. I want opposing wr's to think about the hit they are going to take before they catch the ball.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 11:00 PM
What changes do u think would need to be address immediately. Would u rebuild the line. Would u cut Rolle or Canty. Would u let Osi walk or MM. How would u try to help this organization.</P>

I'd start by selling beer through the 4th quarter, and refunding PSL fees.</P>

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
What changes do u think would need to be address immediately. Would u rebuild the line. Would u cut Rolle or Canty. Would u let Osi walk or MM. How would u try to help this organization.</p>

I'd start by selling beer through the 4th quarter, and refunding PSL fees.</p>

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I introduce to you our new Vice President of Operations, JMFP2!

[B][B][B]

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 11:38 PM
What changes do u think would need to be address immediately. Would u rebuild the line. Would u cut Rolle or Canty. Would u let Osi walk or MM. How would u try to help this organization.</P>

+1 and add cheerleaders!!! ;-)

Spizi
12-20-2011, 12:04 AM
I would

- Get Carl Nicks in free agency
- Trade Osi for a 2nd round pick
- Cut bernard, canty, rolle, and kmac
- resign ballard and TT
- Draft Luke Kuechly in the 1st
- TJ McDonald/Barron in the 2nd
- Jerel Worthy in the 2nd (osi trade)
- OL round 3

Starting D

CBs- Web and Prince
LBs- Boley, Kuechly, JWill/Kiwi
Dline- Tuck, LJ, Worthy/Austin, JPP
S- McDonald/Barron, Phillips

we would win the superbowl and i would be the GM foreverrrrrr

burier
12-20-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm not going to address the coaching staff.

Tuck and Osi are under contract. I'd package them to get someone like Suggs, Briggs, Beason (Wilis would be ideal but I don't see how we could make that happen)

If a team wants to play hard ball throw Canty in.

We run a base 4-3 defense with backers:

Boley-Stud Backer to be named later-Kiwi

This is assuming our new Stud linebacker is a middle linebacker. If He's an outside linebacker we move Kiwi back to end and we play that player and Boley on the outside with Goff fighting with another free agent or stud draft choice for the Mike.

With Osi, Tuck and Canty gone out Dline:

Sintim/Tolly - LJ - Austin - JPP/IKiwi

Sintim belongs at end If Kiwi isnt starting at Backer we start him on Sintims side. We rotate Either way Kiwi gets snaps at both and and Backer. As does Sintim.

Ross stays and battles Prince for starting Corner. The loser will play Nickle.

Other than that the secondary stays put with the possible acception being Rolle. If we can trade him for a pick I'd do it. and Go with Sash and a Vet from free agency. (We can't upgrade everything in one off season.)

Defense goes back to 4-3 where everyone playes they're natural position. Accept Kiwi and Sintim who will be our "Jokers"

Offense.

Snee/Baas Is traded for a 4th round draft choices or better. If Baas is untradable we let him battle for a spot at guard under a new cap friendly contract. If he refused we cut him and bite the cap hit.

Boothe his the permanent center.
Petrus is the permanent LG
Beattly is the permanent LT
Baas or player to be named later at RG and Brewer at RT

Diehl is our utility player because he proved depth at LG and LT could also play RG in emergencies.

Manningham only stays if he's willing to take an incentive loaded contract and he won't be willing to so he's gone and he takes Rames Barden and Travis Beckum with him.

jake Ballard moved to the 2nd TE spot and we get a pass catching TE in free agency. He doesn't need to be a stud just faster than 5.0 40. Moving Ballard to blocking TE despite him having an ability to catch the ball and get open gives us flexabilty to throw the ball out of obvious Big or running formations making our play action pass even more dynamic.

Brandon Jacobs is cut.

We take a big down back who runs down hill. He doesn't have to be spectacular. (Think Marion Barber) We bring back Earth Wind and Fire with Fire being Scott)

The defense should play leaps and bounds better as should the Oline.

Drez
12-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Offense. Snee/Baas Is traded for a 4th round draft choices or better.Diehl is our utility player because he proved depth at LG and LT could also play RG in emergencies</P>

No matter what else you said there, I doubt the wisdom of someone that wants to get rid of Snee and keep Diehl.</P>

SMH</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Coaching staff has to go, with a handshake to TC. Maybe keep a few guys like Pope Flaherty and Izzo.

Rebuild the o-line -- they've done a good job patching late in the last few seasons but it's time for a new bunch.

Address the drought at LB. Bust the bank on a big veteran FA or trade. They need SOMEBODY in the corps who inspires fear and knows what he is doing. Also wouldn't hurt as far as leadership.

Goodbye Osi (he already punched his ticket out with his holdout this offseason).

Goodbye Bradshaw and Jacobs (RB shelf lives are short and we kept them around too long).

burier
12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Offense. Snee/Baas Is traded for a 4th round draft choices or better.Diehl is our utility player because he proved depth at LG and LT could also play RG in emergencies</P>

No matter what else you said there, I doubt the wisdom of someone that wants to get rid of Snee and keep Diehl.</P>

SMH</P>

if you're going to fix a team you have to think critically. Chris Snee is a former pro bowl player. its better to let him to go than to bench him and have him infecting the locker room with negativity. (Esp since he still has value in the open market)

On the other hand you have Diehl who knows that if not for his ability and willingness to move around on the line he would have been gone long ago. He has value and won't cause a problem when he's moved to the bench.

Give me a read.

DownWitJPP
12-20-2011, 03:48 PM
everybody is hating on Rolle, yea he talks way too much BUT AT LEAST HES SHOWING SOME HEART!! The rest of the defense sits on the sidelines with their heads down. As far as his play goes i think its because of all the injuries at corner. Move him back to safety and let him roam back there with KP. Take Grant out, i think hes the real reason we keep getting burned because hes too old and slow. I'd like to see Sash given some playing time

repeatchamps
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
First, fire Fewell and the rest of the staff Second hire spags Third reevaluate the talent level at all positions. Fourth, retool the linebacker core followed by the secondary and the offensive line. Fifth, tell my defensive players that i want them to lay people out, i don't care about the fines, i'll pay them. I just want them to make people pay when they go over the middle. I want opposing wr's to think about the hit they are going to take before they catch the ball.</P>

Hey I am all for that but when they all end up being suspended, then what? Tell the backups to do the same? When they're suspended, then what? There is no allowance for this kind of stuff in the NFL anymore unfortunately so forget about it, it ain't happening. </P>

Here's what I'd do:</P>

Even if they win the division this year and a playoff game or two or three, I still fire everybody if they fall short of a Super Bowl title. I am tired of 2nd half collapses and them having to do things the hard way. If Cowher wants it he can have it. If not I'd go withFisher if he wants it. If neither want it, I'd go w/ a young mind from GB or New Orleans offensively. If no candidates are willing or worthy, I go with a young defensive mind from whoever is the top 4-3 mind available. If I go youngoffensive mind, I'll insist Spags be defensive coordinator and assistant head coach. I might consider Spags for Head Coach if he pulls in a brilliant offensive mind not named Gilbride. I'd also insist Eli have major input in who is brought inbut would tell Eli and who is brought in thatthey need to embrace the no-huddle (not the hurry up)as a full time approach.</P>

Dump Diehl and Baas andlet McKenzie walk. Force Boothe to practice snaps every day of the offseason millions of times a day. Force Boothe to bury his face in the new regimes blocking assignment calls every day of the offseasonmillions of timesa day until he is themost polished center in history.If the new staff likes the RB's they can stay, if not, as GM I would have to insist the new staff keep Bradshaw.They candump Ware and Jacobs and replace them however the staff would like to within the scope of cap of course. Bring in a free agent veteran for RT not named McKenzieuntil Brewer or another rookie pick is ready. Bye bye Manningham and Beckum.</P>

Defense:</P>

Bye bye Ross and maybe bye bye Thomas if he is not able to play atahigh levelafter this injury. Osi can be traded if he really wants out even under a new regime. I'd use him to try and trade up in the 1st round and draft the best OT available preferably.Tuck getsone moreyear to get himself back to an acceptable level. A real offseason with a legit and may be betterconditioning program will do wonders for Justin. Kiwi permanently back to DE as long as he is a Giants player. Bring in the best Free Agent LB'er available and draft another one in the 2nd round. If no real solid OT is available in the 1st, go LB'er 1st round. Bring in a solid healthy Free Agent Corner if one is available<FONT size=5> <U>if Thomas</U></FONT> is not able to play ata highlevel. Doesn't have to be a stud just someone who is reliable in both press man and zone schemes. A veteran type guy who is healthy and can hold his own until Prince is ready. I give Rolle another shot under a new regime, a solid scheme that is a traditional 4-3 that plays to Rolle's strengths may make a huge difference. I also think he is hindered by injuries we do not know about. Bye Bye Deion Grant. Canty and Bernard cut if the money makes sense. Bring inthe bestFree Agent DT available. Draft another one maybe in the third or 2nd round again depending on what is done in the 1st with OT/LB.</P>

Draft more speed in the back rounds, TE's, Backs, DB's, LB's. Seek out good special teams blockers to fill in the roster and get a legit homerun threat returner.</P>

Is she Conan's wife?
12-20-2011, 03:57 PM
First, I'd address the O-Line.

Then, I'd address the O-Line.

Next, I'd address the O-Line.

Do those three things and everything else just sort of works itself out.

Drez
12-20-2011, 03:58 PM

SMH</P>

if you're going to fix a team you have to think critically. Chris Snee is a former pro bowl player. its better to let him to go than to bench him and have him infecting the locker room with negativity. (Esp since he still has value in the open market) On the other hand you have Diehl who knows that if not for his ability and willingness to move around on the line he would have been gone long ago. He has value and won't cause a problem when he's moved to the bench. Give me a read.</P>

How/why would Snee infect the locker room with negativity? Just because his father-in-law got fired? Despite having a down year, he's still our best lineman, and benching or trading him would be foolish.Regardless of Diehl's flexibility, he's still not very good at either G or T.</P>

Getting rid of Snee and keeping Diehl just doesn't make any sense. Unless of course you believe that Snee is washed up, and even then, I don't think it makes much sense.</P>

timmytimm3
12-20-2011, 04:07 PM

That would have helped a bit. I was starting to sober up by then.

burier
12-20-2011, 04:08 PM

SMH</P>

if you're going to fix a team you have to think critically. Chris Snee is a former pro bowl player. its better to let him to go than to bench him and have him infecting the locker room with negativity. (Esp since he still has value in the open market) On the other hand you have Diehl who knows that if not for his ability and willingness to move around on the line he would have been gone long ago. He has value and won't cause a problem when he's moved to the bench. Give me a read.</P>

How/why would Snee infect the locker room with negativity? Just because his father-in-law got fired? Despite having a down year, he's still our best lineman, and* benching or trading him would be foolish.*Regardless of Diehl's flexibility, he's still not very good at either G or T.</P>

Getting rid of Snee and keeping Diehl just doesn't make any sense. Unless of course you believe that Snee is washed up, and even then, I don't think it makes much sense.</P>

I think Snee would be negative about getting benched. I could be wrong about that but I wouldn't risk it for a O-lineman.

I feel that he's been good enough over the years to have value and poor enough this season to motivate us to capitalize on it.

Diehl has no trade value. Snee does.

Diehl isn't a great lineman but he can play. I wouldn't start him but he would be solid depth.

I don't necessarily think Snee is washed up but we have bigger fish to fry than keeping a guard around. We're on the brink of a three year playoff drout. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelete

lawl
12-20-2011, 04:12 PM

SMH</P>

How/why would Snee infect the locker room with negativity? Just because his father-in-law got fired? Despite having a down year, he's still our best lineman, and* benching or trading him would be foolish.*Regardless of Diehl's flexibility, he's still not very good at either G or T.</P>

I think Snee would be negative about getting benched. I could be wrong about that but I wouldn't risk it for a O-lineman.

I feel that he's been good enough over the years to have value and poor enough this season to motivate us to capitalize on it.

Diehl isn't a great lineman but he can play. I wouldn't start him but he would be solid depth.

I don't necessarily think Snee is washed up but we have bigger fish to fry than keeping a guard around. We're on the brink of a three year playoff drout. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelete

Probably to your surprise, all pro guards don't get benched or traded often.

Also to your surprise players for player trades never happen. This is the NFL not the NBA.

burier
12-20-2011, 04:19 PM

SMH</P>

Also to your surprise players for player trades never happen. This is the NFL not the NBA.

1 that's not true. Players get traded for players. Not as often as the NBA but it happens and its allowed.

2 In Snees case I'd expect picks rather than players in trade.

3 Chris Snee is no longer an All Pro. Living in the past is how you get burned.

4 I'm stating what I'd do. Not what is likely to happen....Probably to your surprise.

lawl
12-20-2011, 04:23 PM

SMH</P>

1 that's not true. Players get traded for players. Not as often as the NBA but it happens and its allowed.

4 I'm stating what I'd do. Not what is likely to happen....Probably to your surprise.
I would love to hear a recent example of players for players trades in the NFL.

Snee is still the best player on the OL. Diehl on the other hand is probably the worst starter on the OL and is due 3.5 mill next year yet you wouldn't cut him. Not to mention guards don't garner much value in trades so it's not like you'd get something worthwhile for him.

The team would be dreadful If your changes took place.

burier
12-20-2011, 04:30 PM

SMH</P>

Snee is still the best player on the OL. Diehl on the other hand is probably the worst starter on the OL and is due 3.5 mill next year yet you wouldn't cut him. Not to mention guards don't garner much value in trades so it's not like you'd get something worthwhile for him.

Right off the top of my head Our QB got here on a player for player trade. You want something more recent than that?

What would make our team so dreadful..the departure of Chris Snee? or the drastic improvement to the linebacking corps?

Jeez Giants fans get really attached to marginal players.

Drez
12-20-2011, 04:33 PM

SMH</P>

How/why would Snee infect the locker room with negativity? Just because his father-in-law got fired? Despite having a down year, he's still our best lineman, and benching or trading him would be foolish.Regardless of Diehl's flexibility, he's still not very good at either G or T.</P>

I think Snee would be negative about getting benched. I could be wrong about that but I wouldn't risk it for a O-lineman. I feel that he's been good enough over the years to have value and poor enough this season to motivate us to capitalize on it. Diehl has no trade value. Snee does. Diehl isn't a great lineman but he can play. I wouldn't start him but he would be solid depth. I don't necessarily think Snee is washed up but we have bigger fish to fry than keeping a guard around. We're on the brink of a three year playoff drout. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelete</P>

Diehl needs to go, regardless. We can find a younger and cheaper option with more upside to do what you want him to do, a la Boothe or a guy like Koets (and I mean a guy like Koets, not necessarily actually Koets).</P>

Even with Snee's down year, I just don't understand why he'd be getting benched (which to you necessitates his trade)in your scenario as he's still our best lineman. If we're trying to rebuild our line it doesn't make much sense to get rid of the best player on it... At least not without having an heir-apparent in place.</P>

burier
12-20-2011, 04:42 PM

SMH</P>

I think Snee would be negative about getting benched. I could be wrong about that but I wouldn't risk it for a O-lineman. I feel that he's been good enough over the years to have value and poor enough this season to motivate us to capitalize on it. Diehl has no trade value. Snee does. Diehl isn't a great lineman but he can play. I wouldn't start him but he would be solid depth. I don't necessarily think Snee is washed up but we have bigger fish to fry than keeping a guard around. We're on the brink of a three year playoff drout. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelete</P>

Diehl needs to go, regardless. We can find a younger and cheaper option with more upside to do what you want him to do, a la Boothe or a guy like Koets (and I mean a guy like Koets, not necessarily actually Koets).</P>

Even with Snee's down year, I just don't understand why he'd be getting benched (which to you necessitates his trade)*in your scenario as he's still our best lineman. If we're trying to rebuild our line it doesn't make much sense to get rid of the best player on it... At least not without having an heir-apparent in place.</P>

I honestly don't think Chris Snee has been any good since 2008. Saying he's our best lineman isnt saying much plus I'd argue that as I type this Boothe is our best lineman.

As far as Diehls salary...That could be an issue but we could always ask him to take a pay cut.

lawl
12-20-2011, 04:55 PM

SMH</P>

Right off the top of my head Our QB got here on a player for player trade. You want something more recent than that?

What would make our team so dreadful..the departure of Chris Snee? or the drastic improvement to the linebacking corps?

You're too funny. A draft day trade of guys who hadn't even inked contracts and knew they weren't goin to be playing for the team that drafted them is a players for players trade???

burier
12-20-2011, 05:05 PM

SMH</P>

You're too funny. A draft day trade of guys who hadn't even inked contracts and knew they weren't goin to be playing for the team that drafted them is a players for players trade???

You're funny because that precisely what it was; a player for player trade.

You wanna keep it going?

lawl
12-20-2011, 05:10 PM

SMH</P>

You wanna keep it going?
Bottom line is players virtually never get traded for other players. They get traded for picks and that's what happened in the Eli trade.

When do you ever see a trade like tuck Osi and canty for Suggs(which you've proposed)?? What league are you watching

burier
12-20-2011, 05:29 PM

SMH</P>

You wanna keep it going?
Bottom line is players virtually never get traded for other players. They get traded for picks and that's what happened in the Eli trade.

When do you ever see a trade like tuck Osi and canty for Suggs(which you've proposed)?? What league are you watching

I'm not sure I follow your point. You indicated that player for player trades don't happen in the NFL and then I gave you an example. (Ronnie Brown for Jerome Harrison would be another but for the trade being nullified) Then you ignorantly tried to disqualify it because it was a draft day trade. Now you even more ignorantly try to disqualify it because it didn't involve the specific Giants players I mentioned in my fantasy scenario???

Jock much?