PDA

View Full Version : Giants Patient With Rookie Jayron Hosley's Learning Curve

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 09:41 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/giants_patient_with_rookie_jay.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Jayron Hosley is a rookie playing a significant role in the Giants defense as the nickel corner. The last few games he's had some rookie bumps -- late-game penalties and tough matchups in the slot -- but the Giants coaches have patience and confidence for the third-round pick.

"We continue to encourage him," defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said today. "We think hes going to be a fine football player. He's a rookie, and sometimes they take rookies to school. And when hes taken to school, we try to get him to learn from his mistakes."Hosley was in man-to-man coverage on Santana Moss's 30-yard touchdown in the Redskins win, a late score which forced Eli Manning and the Giants to deliver a hurried comeback. Two weeks ago at Dallas, Hosley was called for illegal contact and defensive holding penalties to help a Cowboys drive late in the fourth-quarter, but teammate Stevie Brown's interception ended their possession.

A few late slip-ups were more costly in last week's loss to the Steelers." Read more...

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 09:52 PM
So they encourage Hosley,
But they don't give Wilson any carries?

GiantVibes
11-08-2012, 09:55 PM

Shows who they trust on the field right now. Some players mature faster than others, regardless of what position they were drafted.

RoanokeFan
11-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Two different circumstances. They were running out of players in the secondary, they aren't at RB

tcseacliff
11-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Hey, that had patience with Eli in his rookie learning curve, it paid off. I am sure they will give him the amount of time needed.

Chris Christie
11-08-2012, 10:03 PM
They'll give him his play time, he will come around. No better way to learn than actually being on the field during a game rather then just a practice field.
I'm sure they see potential in him, there's a reason why they're being patient.

Rudyy
11-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Two different circumstances. They were running out of players in the secondary, they aren't at RBTrue

Captain Chaos
11-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Will he keep that nickel job now that Hill is back?

Marvelousmik
11-09-2012, 06:25 AM

i made a thread about this earlier. Perry fewell seems to play who ever he wants, anytime he feels like it on defense. If a guy messes up he gives them more chances to make up for it. On offense its different story. I feel like maybe KG has something to do with it and its not only coughlin. I hate the philosophy. But what can we do

Marvelousmik
11-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Two different circumstances. They were running out of players in the secondary, they aren't at RB

this is a good point but how many games ago has it been since wilson made a huge mistake? you'd think that giving us a boost on kickoffs would have at least earned him 3 carries a game i mean come on lol.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM
this is a good point but how many games ago has it been since wilson made a huge mistake? you'd think that giving us a boost on kickoffs would have at least earned him 3 carries a game i mean come on lol.

I said this in another thread; we see these guys play for something less than 60 minutes one day a week. The coaching staff sees them all day, every day in practice and team meetings. Wilson is NOT in the "dog house" as they trust him to return kicks and he's done a great job at that. He is being developed and has the RB skills to eventually bet THE RB. But running skill sets are not all that matters and in terms of reading the defenses and picking up blitzes he's just not there yet.

Who else in recent memory initially had trouble reading defenses? Victor Cruz. Wilson's time will come.

Don't forget Brown is ahead of him in the rotation as well.

TheShouldersOf
11-09-2012, 04:12 PM
and a couple weeks a go there were Reports the Giants didn't trust Brown is Pass Protection either,

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 04:20 PM
and a couple weeks a go there were Reports the Giants didn't trust Brown is Pass Protection either,

Perhaps, but they are giving him more snaps which could be a sign they want to have a Plan B if Bradshaw's feet give out.