PDA

View Full Version : Who saw spags and the saints vs the eagles

appodictic
11-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Fewel? Where you watching? They don't let LaShawna McCoy dance around, they don't have 300 lb linemen hunting down Vick. They put fast pressure in his face and the flew all around. They attacked from different angles. I hope you picked up on some of that.

Hassett00
11-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I hope and I really hope that you checked the stats for the game. The saints defence gave up 220 yards rushing. That's right. 220 freakin yards rushing. Yeah you can say Shady only had 18 yards after the half but that was due to playing from behind. Yeah they hit Vick alot and sacked him a lot. Seven times I believe. Something we havent been able to do since McNab left. Another fact for you. This is their EIGHT straight game with 400 + yards total defense. They are on pace to set the record for most yards given up by an NFL team since the 1950s. I agree they put pressure and caused mistakes which is good but I certainly don't want my defense to be giving up that much yards to teams. A good team will win with that sort I performance. The Saints were just lucky they were playing the eagles who can't play mistake free football.

I don't know why you are ratIng th me Saints defence all that high. They are poor. They are becoming high risk high reward. Much like the packers. They will let you put up big yard numbers but will take away the ball and have a strong offence which noone can take away from the Saints and I know you are talking in relation to the eagles when we play them but still. Just letting you know the Saints defence ain't all that.

Just fyi. Shady still had 119 yards rushing on 19 carries. That's like 5.7 yards a carry which is pretty darn good.

Ruttiger711
11-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Pretty sure shady danced quite a bit and did well.

It took until week 9 for the Saints D to make the highlight reels for any sort of positive play.

Spags was a great GIANT.

Flip Empty
11-09-2012, 02:03 AM
As above - Saints D is atrocious. The least amount of points they've conceded this year is 27, and that came from the Chiefs.

LeSean ran for 119, Bryce Brown ran for 49 and Vick ran for 53, and threw for 272.

The OP makes no sense.

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 02:15 AM
well he's right about the blitz, they have fast players who can blitz as do many other teams, we have big slow guys that's why we are terrible at blitzing

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 02:16 AM
The Saints' attempt at defense, since you can't really call them a defense, are ranked 29 against the pass and 32 against the run. The Saints are a team that is all Drew Brees(2nd passing/30 rushing)and absolutely nothing else. The fact they beat the Eagles shows you just how bad the Eagles are.

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 02:21 AM
The Saints' attempt at defense, since you can't really call them a defense, are ranked 29 against the pass and 32 against the run. The Saints are a team that is all Drew Brees(2nd passing/30 rushing)and absolutely nothing else. The fact they beat the Eagles shows you just how bad the Eagles are. yet they always seem to beat us

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 02:33 AM
yet they always seem to beat us

Yeah, we seem to ride a wave of inconsistency and I think that wave peaks everytime we play them.

bearbryant
11-09-2012, 03:38 AM
well he's right about the blitz, they have fast players who can blitz as do many other teams, we have big slow guys that's why we are terrible at blitzing

We're terrible at blitzing because we don't do it ... Not because we don't have the talent, its because fewell doesn't want to blitze, he thinks the other team will turn the ball over sooner or later. He believes in the classical: " Bend don't break" Philosophy. We have some pretty damn fast defenders out there who have shown on a few occasions that they can blitrze, effectively. Coe, Tryon, Hosley. Those 3 alone can get there if sent in the proper scheme. But thats not fewells deal. He's not Steve Spagnola and probably will nevr by into that type of scheme unless his HC tells him to.

Captain Chaos
11-09-2012, 06:00 AM
The Saint's D this year is poor, and that is giving them some credit...

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 08:29 AM
The Saints defense is horrible.

GCGiant
11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
The Saints defense is bad, but I agree they showed some things that you can do to rattle Vick. It is a give and take...you take away one thing and give up another. In the end, the Saints won and that's all that counts.

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Our defense held Philly to fewer points than NO did. It was our offense that didnt do crap vs Philly. Nicks was out, and we had Barden out there against DRC

giantsforce
11-09-2012, 12:24 PM
As above - Saints D is atrocious. The least amount of points they've conceded this year is 27, and that came from the Chiefs.

LeSean ran for 119, Bryce Brown ran for 49 and Vick ran for 53, and threw for 272.

The OP makes no sense.Compared to the talent we have, the Saints defense is nothing close, yet they managed to beat up and force Vick to turn the ball over a few times. Do you realize that we are the only team so far that did not force a single turnover by Vick? So yes the Saints D sucks but then again the talent is not there, what is our excuse?

Moke
11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
This might be a failed attempt to once again get at one of our coordinators.

Diamondring
11-09-2012, 12:28 PM
This might be a failed attempt to once again get at one of our coordinators.And he picked the wrong one. I blame the players especialy on defense.

giantsforce
11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
This might be a failed attempt to once again get at one of our coordinators.That is sacrilege! Our coaches can do not wrong and they are above criticism!

Moke
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
That is sacrilege! Our coaches can do not wrong and they are above criticism!

Talk about pure overreaction.

stormblue
11-09-2012, 02:44 PM
spags didn't do anything special.......
we are the only team that DOESN'T kick Philly's ***.

GIANTSED101
11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
As bad as NO defense has been they actually played a pretty good game. They were pressuring Vick all game long. McCoy had some big runs but it was pretty much because players lost containment the same way we did when we played the Eagles.

TroyArcher
11-09-2012, 03:43 PM
They got torched on th erunning game big time in the firts half. If Philly would have stuck with the running game they could have put up 300+ yards rushing easy and probably had a much better chance of winning.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
This might be a failed attempt to once again get at one of our coordinators.

Who would do that?

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Fewel? Where you watching? They don't let LaShawna McCoy dance around, they don't have 300 lb linemen hunting down Vick. They put fast pressure in his face and the flew all around. They attacked from different angles. I hope you picked up on some of that.

the Eagles put up something like 140 rushing yards in the first quarter

that defense got completely torched for over 220 yard on the ground and 272 in the air

yeah I hope Fewell was watching and taking notes on what NOT to do against the Eagles

Spagnuolo did nothing special nor interesting in this game whatsoever

what Fewell needs to do is look at the Steeler game film and figure out why the D was getting gashes by the same running play over and over and over

the Steelers ran a grand total of 5 run plays

35 run snaps .....only 5 different plays.......5 plays people....5 plays

gmen0820
11-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Double barrel blitz! Wowzers!

PRGiant
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Compared to the talent we have, the Saints defense is nothing close, yet they managed to beat up and force Vick to turn the ball over a few times. Do you realize that we are the only team so far that did not force a single turnover by Vick? So yes the Saints D sucks but then again the talent is not there, what is our excuse?

Do you know the Giants lead the league in takeaways?

gmen0820
11-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Do you know the Giants lead the league in takeaways?Do you know Chicago leads the NFL in takeaways?

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
so is it the Giants or Chicago?