PDA

View Full Version : after the season i wonder how much money it would save if we cut..............

ryan12
11-09-2012, 12:30 PM
kenny philips and antrel rolle and have will the thrill hill and stevie give me that ball brown start at saftey next year. now im not saying w hill and s brown are a better tandum then phillps and rolle but if it saved us alot of money which free'd us up some cap space to help our cause i would be ok with that..... thoughts!

qndarius3
11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
kenny philips and antrel rolle and have will the thrill hill and stevie give me that ball brown start at saftey next year. now im not saying w hill and s brown are a better tandum then phillps and rolle but if it saved us alot of money which free'd us up some cap space to help our cause i would be ok with that..... thoughts!

lol at this thread.

stormblue
11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
i guess we will have over 20 free agents and a lot of hard decisions to make.
here's a quick and dirty on it....actually says we'll lose Rolle to free agency.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1400878-breaking-down-new-york-giants-salary-cap-scenario-heading-into-2013

Jahh
11-09-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Kenny Phillips is a free agent (so we can't cut him).

rtr1105
11-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure about that one. Rolle is great against the run but will get burned in pass coverage all day long. KP is pretty good overall, more against the pass than the run. I think that Hill will have more success at nickel corner, especially if Hosley doesn't work out there. Brown, is a good ball hawk and is good for a game changing play, but last week I noticed that he struggled in pass coverage. I think Stevie does his best when he isn't out there on every down.

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 01:17 PM
if we can get a top defensive player in the draft then it's probable

ryan12
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
lol at this thread.

your cool

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I thought it was BParcells777 at first glance... That said, it is possible KP is allowed to walk...

stormblue
11-09-2012, 01:40 PM
laugh all you want.....these guys aren't worth the 7 mil apiece.....and the giants aren't going to pay it.

Rolle will either take a cut or be gone......
and KP will be one of those overpriced injury-prone
part-time quick-fixes for somebody else like Rolle was for us.

Corey Webtoast too.
waaaaay to much money being wasted back there by paper tigers.

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 01:43 PM
laugh all you want.....these guys aren't worth the 7 mil apiece.....and the giants aren't going to pay it.

Corey Webtoast too.

I thought KP was only 2 mil?

stormblue
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I thought KP was only 2 mil?

he'll be a free agent......people will overpay.....like we did for Rolle.
same thing in reverse.

ryan12
11-09-2012, 01:49 PM

Corey Webtoast too.

not for nothing canty,eli,cweb,ab,dd and snee should all restructure

GMENAGAIN
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
So to sum up this thread, we shoud cut Rolle, Webster, Canty and Snee and let KP walk?

stormblue
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
not for nothing canty,eli,cweb,ab,dd and snee should all restructure

well , Eli did that this year.....he's only makin' 1.5 mil this year.you don't honestly think he's gonna do that again do you ?
he's got 13 mil coming next year and we need to make room for it.
i'd do something with Canty , but you can dump the rest.

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
lol at this thread.

instead of lol'ing the thread, why don't you ad something valuable? if you don't agree provide some reasons why,,,if not, dont waste space,,,,any brain dead individual can lol and nothing more.

ryan12
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
instead of lol'ing the thread, why don't you ad something valuable? if you don't agree provide some reasons why,,,if not, dont waste space,,,,any brain dead individual can lol and nothing more.

RIGHT ON BOOOOOOOM

Giant stuck in Texas
11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
I think most of these guys should restructure, with the exception of maybe Rolle.

Tuck $4mil
Webby $7mil
Rolle $7mil
Deihl $4mil- retire a Giant or else
Bass $4mil
Snee $6mil

moosedrool
11-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I think most of these guys should restructure, with the exception of maybe Rolle.

Tuck $4mil
Webby $7mil
Rolle $7mil
Deihl $4mil- retire a Giant or else
Bass $4mil
Snee $6mil

All these guys are overpaid based on their 2012 play. Rolle and Diehl are grossly overpaid.

yo-ho
11-09-2012, 04:24 PM
I would let Phllips go if he is a FA. I was glad they released Ross and Phillips has never reached his potential due to injuries, and/or lack of understanding of the defense. He was supposed to be a big hitter, which I've only seen a few really big hits from him. Brown seems to have an eye for the ball and also appears to tackle well. Sash could still develop as well.

jomo
11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I would let Phllips go if he is a FA. I was glad they released Ross and Phillips has never reached his potential due to injuries, and/or lack of understanding of the defense. He was supposed to be a big hitter, which I've only seen a few really big hits from him. Brown seems to have an eye for the ball and also appears to tackle well. Sash could still develop as well......agree with everything up to the Sash part.

Giant stuck in Texas
11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
All these guys are overpaid based on their 2012 play. Rolle and Diehl are grossly overpaid. Rolle leaving is the only one I have a problem with. He's got fire, hits hard and wears his heart on his sleeve. This defense needs a guy like him, even if he is over payed.

yo-ho
11-09-2012, 04:56 PM
.....agree with everything up to the Sash part.

I am not saying he will develop, just that his salary isn't very high so we can continue the experiment. I do think last year he came in during spots and was serviceable.