PDA

View Full Version : Have a strong feeling Fewell isn't going anywhere

NYGFaninILL
12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Not to say I like the guy, because I don't.

But look at the Mara's, they probably have the most loyalty to coaches.

And since we had a mini house clean in Jan of 2010, I doubt fewell get fired.

They'll bring up reasons like
"we didn't have an offseason"
"over the course of the season 6 rookies have played on defense"
"we had more players on IR than over 80% of the league"

I don't think it right or fair to do this to the fans, but I believe that's what will happen.

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Conversely I believe the only reason they didn't clean house last year was because of the looming lockout and not wanting to bring in a new coaching staff on a shortened offseason.

Here's hoping they clean house and we get a press conference Jan. 2.

jparmer
12-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Sadly enough I feel the same way. I'm hoping for a full coaching restaff but just feel like the Mara's are too loyal and have too much integrity to do it.

nycisgreat
12-19-2011, 08:28 PM

I don't think it right or fair to do this to the fans, but I believe that's what will happen.

I can see where you are coming from, but I don't buy that they will keep him around if they don't make the playoffs. I still think that the Giants will keep Tom Coughlin if we don't get blow out both games.

Fewell has had more of an opportunity the Sheridan. Sheridan had more injuries than Fewell, and he didn't get a second opportunity. If I can't see that his defensive schemes aren't working, I am pretty sure that the experts are seeing more than I can. I think Fewell is far worst the Sheridan. This defensive has talent to be good. This defensive is built to put pressure on quarterbacks, but for some reason Fewell likes rushing 3 or 4 at the quarterback and drop everyone else into coverage. That is why the defense keeps getting picked apart. I am tired of him, and I am pretty sure management is as well. I really thought that I couldn't hate anyone more the KG, but I hate Fewell's play calling by far.

GameTime
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Not to say I like the guy, because I don't. But look at the Mara's, they probably have the most loyalty to coaches. And since we had a mini house clean in Jan of 2010, I doubt fewell get fired. They'll bring up reasons like "we didn't have an offseason" "over the course of the season 6 rookies have played on defense" "we had more players on IR than over 80% of the league" I don't think it right or fair to do this to the fans, but I believe that's what will happen.</P>

no way....</P>

he is gone unless they win the SB this year and that aint happening....</P>

</P>

egyptian420
12-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I think Coughlin is gone for sure if we don't make the playoffs for the 3rd season in a row.

buddy33
12-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Unless they lose out the last two games like they did a couple of years ago I say the entire coaching staff stays.

TuckYou
12-19-2011, 08:39 PM
If they dont bring in some young blood in this coaching staff, they might lose some fans... Young NY fans are wearing Green these days.</P>

LIGHTS OUT IN CANDLESTICK!</P>

Dirt66
12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
If we get eliminated this weekend, which is possible, if the fans want to make a point about NO PLAYOFFS AGAIN,then they should boycot the last game vs. the Cowboys. Mara talked a big game two years ago and we are still in the same spot. Hit him where it hurts..the wallet.

stormblue
12-19-2011, 09:02 PM
If we get eliminated this weekend, which is possible, if the fans want to make a point about NO PLAYOFFS AGAIN,then they should boycot the last game vs. the Cowboys. Mara talked a big game two years ago and we are still in the same spot. Hit him where it hurts..the wallet.

it won't hurt the wallet , the tix are already paid for.

and besides , why miss the opportunity to see a real team with quality ownership.

that's right Jerry Jones = quality ownership.
d'ya think it would have taken JJ 8 years to get rid of this stench.

NYGFaninILL
12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Gosh, I hope you all are right, I just can't see it happening though.
Maybe it's just me, however.

ShakeNBake
12-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't see it happening, but I really hope that it does

JJC7301
12-19-2011, 09:37 PM

+1. Exactly. The only way any of the coordinators go is if TC goes too. Personally, I'd like TC get one more shot, even if it means keeping Fewell for one more season.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Not to say I like the guy, because I don't. But look at the Mara's, they probably have the most loyalty to coaches. And since we had a mini house clean in Jan of 2010, I doubt fewell get fired. They'll bring up reasons like "we didn't have an offseason" "over the course of the season 6 rookies have played on defense" "we had more players on IR than over 80% of the league" I don't think it right or fair to do this to the fans, but I believe that's what will happen.</P>

no way....</P>

</P>

</P>

I think Fewell is toast. Too many 3rd and long completions. It could be 3rd and 24, and I'm still nervous.</P>

NYGFaninILL
12-20-2011, 01:35 AM

+1. Exactly. The only way any of the coordinators go is if TC goes too. Personally, I'd like TC get one more shot, even if it means keeping Fewell for one more season.

See, I think if this was any other team in the league, Fewell would be gone, no questions asked. But given the organizations track record, I think he stays

redbeardxxv
12-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Conversely I believe the only reason they didn't clean house last year was because of the looming lockout and not wanting to bring in a new coaching staff on a shortened offseason.

EXACTLY! Finally someone else says it, cause no one listened when I did...!

BurnerNYG
12-20-2011, 02:10 AM
I've been a Giants fan since 1989. I missed a few seasons when Ray Handley was here, I was too busy running the streets and hanging with my high school sweetheart and a few other floozies but I got back strong watching in 97 when Fassel took over.

I endured some great games and I endured some heartbreakers but never have I seen our defense (besides the 03 season when we basically gave up) play so horribly.

If the Giants come back with this staff, I swear, I'm gonna order the Sunday Ticket and start rooting for the damn Panthers. Knowing me though, I'll probably remain loyal and go thru the misery.

SweetZombieJesus
12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Personally, I'd like TC get one more shot, even if it means keeping Fewell for one more season.

What, collapsing in 7 of 8 years isn't sufficient evidence, you need to see it happen in 8 out of 9?

barran21
12-20-2011, 08:41 AM
If they make the playoffs expect year 3 of Tim Lewis 2...

TuckYou
12-20-2011, 08:58 AM
How can this team hang on to Fewell. They let Sheridan go, and Fewell's defense is very Sheridan esk. The defense seems to have no idea what he wants at any point of the game. 3rd and 10+ yards is an automatic first down for the opposing team. Seriously. I hope Strahan wants to coach. I would want him our DC in a heartbeat. Or at least the Dline coach at first.

Redeyejedi
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM

no way....</P>

</P>

</P>

I think Fewell is toast. Too many 3rd and long completions. It could be 3rd and 24, and I'm still nervous.</P>

</P>

And even when they dont get a first down they still get almost all the yards so they go for it or kick a FG. Back in the day when Id see 3rd down and 24 Id expect the QB to be wiping grass out of his helmet.Now he stands there for 7 seconds finds a guy underneath no one can tackle and the receiver gets 10 YAC and gets a first down</P>

quatrofan
12-20-2011, 09:21 AM
He has got to go. He has given us no reason to keep him for another year. And who knows maybe Osi will want to play for the the new guy!

dante3
12-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Getting back to point of this post. I have been a Giants fan for over 40 yrs and although the Mara's are a loyal bunch they never leave a coach in a lame duck situation, That's why they gave Coughlin a one year extension last year. I think it was their way of saying put up or shut up. Remember they did the same thing the year before the super bowl. Had they not won Coughlin would've been gone with only having to pay out one year. When they won the super bowl he was given a new contract. I think that was feeling here. He's gone and so will all his coaches if they fail to make playoffs or get killed in playoff game. It'll only cost one years pay and it allowed him to coach this year without an ax over his head. That's the Mara's style.

TuckYou
12-20-2011, 09:34 AM
He has got to go. He has given us no reason to keep him for another year. And who knows maybe Osi will want to play for the the new guy!</P>

Osi doesnt have beef with Fewell, his beef is with Reese. I have beef with both of em. </P>

Redeyejedi
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I cant see these guys surviving if they get knocked out of the playoffs by the Jets

JJC7301
12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Personally, I'd like TC get one more shot, even if it means keeping Fewell for one more season.

What, collapsing in 7 of 8 years isn't sufficient evidence, you need to see it happen in 8 out of 9?
</P>

HA! You know, I was on the fence, but you're right. Forget this garbage. Clean house...Fewell, TC, all of them. But this roster needs a change over as well.</P>

galaxy10
12-20-2011, 11:37 AM

EXACTLY! Finally someone else says it, cause no one listened when I did...!

I too thought the reason they did not make coaching changes was because of the lock out as well. I think they will make the change after this season.

Vtgmenfan89
12-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Well unless I am wrong, this is the last year of his contract...so it's not really an issue on if they fire him, it's on if they want to bring him back. If coughlin had a brain, he would not bring him back. I can't believe he doesn't see how his schemes this year have hurt this team terribly with the 3 man rushes and incompetent zones that the players dont even understand on a weekly basis. We all see it and at least remotely know what needs to be done, why doesn't TC?

If we lose out, Coughlin and this staff really has to go. We will have won ONE game since the 2nd half of the season started. If that's not the most epic collapse of the TC tenure I don't know what is. Straight up inexcusable especially with the way this team has played at times. Confused (that's on the coaches,) without heart, nowhere near walking the walk.

NYSPORTS
12-20-2011, 11:42 AM

+100

NYGFaninILL
12-20-2011, 11:44 AM
How can this team hang on to Fewell. They let Sheridan go, and Fewell's defense is very Sheridan esk. The defense seems to have no idea what he wants at any point of the game. 3rd and 10+ yards is an automatic first down for the opposing team. Seriously. I hope Strahan wants to coach. I would want him our DC in a heartbeat. Or at least the Dline coach at first.

See, I think the only reason Sheridan got fired is because we went from the #1 seed in the NFC to not even in the Playoffs and ruining our defense in general. Fewell came in and hasn restored the luster yet, and that's when I think the Mara's will blame it in the lockout, injuries, or something like that.

Personally, I think it's beyond that. The team is playing without heart. And if playoff implactiations aren't enough to pump up this team, then we need some new players too. As well as a coach that will cater to their style