PDA

View Full Version : My bet on Bradshaw v. Bengals

joemorrisforprez
11-09-2012, 03:14 PM
If he tops 100 yards against the Bengals, I won't post another critical thread about him all season.

However, my guess is he rushes for less than 70 on Sunday....once again, he missed almost the entire week of practice....and that's the main reason why the ground game has struggled recently.

EDIT: If David Diehl starts, I'm going to push this bet.....I can't honestly judge Bradshaw if Diehl is in there.

My hope is they go with Locklear, and give Bradshaw a rest......he'd be much more effective in the back stretch if he could rest Sunday and over the bye.

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 03:18 PM
if he misses practice why the heck is he still playing when we have 2 not only healthy but better RBs

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 03:23 PM
if he misses practice why the heck is he still playing when we have 2 not only healthy but better RBs

That Brown and Wilson are healthier is a fact, that they are better is not.

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 03:28 PM

So Wilson is a bust then? Because i don't really care if you're a rookie, if you're a first round pick and you can't beat out a heavily-injured beat up 7th rounder, something fishy is going on. I sure as hell hope this is not the case...

giantcarll
11-09-2012, 03:28 PM

Well we wont know if they dont let them play.

Mistanihan
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM

I was hearing Bradshaw most likely wont play Sunday.

BuffyBlueII
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM

ABs ability as such an excellent pass blocker is more than likely the main reason why he will be the starting back for the rest of the season. However, I do think that we should get the other guys some more touches.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
So Wilson is a bust then? Because i don't really care if you're a rookie, if you're a first round pick and you can't beat out a heavily-injured beat up 7th rounder, something fishy is going on. I sure as hell hope this is not the case...

You show me anywhere, in any thread, at any point in time where I wrote Wilson is a bust. Wilson is probably a better running back than either Bradshaw or Brown but right now he's not good enough in making reads and picking up blitzes as either Bradshaw or Brown.

jakegibbs
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Surely sounds like it. Ask yourself how many rookie RBs have great rookie seasons. A RB career is so short they should hit the field right out of their rookie season unless he's not what they thought he was when drafted which seems to be the case....hmmmmmm.. BUST yep that's what it appears to be so far that is IMHO anyway.

miked1958
11-09-2012, 08:02 PM
I'd like to see brown get extended playing time like he did vs Carolina when he broke out

appodictic
11-09-2012, 09:02 PM
If he tops 100 yards against the Bengals, I won't post another critical thread about him all season.

However, my guess is he rushes for less than 70 on Sunday....once again, he missed almost the entire week of practice....and that's the main reason why the ground game has struggled recently.

EDIT: If David Diehl starts, I'm going to push this bet.....I can't honestly judge Bradshaw if Diehl is in there.

My hope is they go with Locklear, and give Bradshaw a rest......he'd be much more effective in the back stretch if he could rest Sunday and over the bye.

Very likely to happen is him getting 70 yards on 14 carries.

egyptian420
11-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Surely sounds like it. Ask yourself how many rookie RBs have great rookie seasons. A RB career is so short they should hit the field right out of their rookie season unless he's not what they thought he was when drafted which seems to be the case....hmmmmmm.. BUST yep that's what it appears to be so far that is IMHO anyway.Come on now....you're really going to call him a bust already? At least wait until he gets a shot to start. Even if he turns out to be a bust (which won't happen), he'd still get a shot to play before they can consider him a bust.

nycisgreat
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM

lol

Hessian
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Did I stumble into the "how many keg stands can you do" thread? Because I guarentee I'd drink all your asses under the table... oh wait this is the best rb on the team thread, my bad.

Rusty192
11-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Surely sounds like it. Ask yourself how many rookie RBs have great rookie seasons. A RB career is so short they should hit the field right out of their rookie season unless he's not what they thought he was when drafted which seems to be the case....hmmmmmm.. BUST yep that's what it appears to be so far that is IMHO anyway.Do you still think Wilson is a bust after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwapuwf35gU

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Again, Bradshaw is their best blocking RB. That is extremely important when you have a franchise QB to protect. It may not show up in the stats for people's fantasy football teams, but its extremely important. You do know Eli didn't start his rookie season. Neither did Nicks or JPP.

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't think he's a bust... we're playing him like he is a bust though. If Doug Martin was on our team, he'd be warming the bench except for KR while Wilson was known all throughout the NFL as Greg Schiano's rookie sensation...

And before you get into all that blocking stuff, we obviously don't care about protecting Eli if we're starting Diehl while Locklear is 100% healthy...

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 10:01 PM

what if Diehl starts at G with Locklear at T ?

bet on?

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
what if Diehl starts at G with Locklear at T ?bet on?Wasn't he rated pretty poorly at both positions last year?

appodictic
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
The giants just are not playing him. The reason is simple they don't change their pecking order. They want him to be a factor next year and the year after. If we jump the gun we end up with 3 guys getting paied as starting running backs

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 10:04 PM
What if he just isn't ready and the coaching staff knows it?

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 10:12 PM
The giants just are not playing him. The reason is simple they don't change their pecking order. They want him to be a factor next year and the year after. If we jump the gun we end up with 3 guys getting paied as starting running backs he doesn't have to start but give him a few carries during a game.

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Wasn't he rated pretty poorly at both positions last year?

I'd much rather see him at G than T ....he is not athletic enough anymore to play T

eventhough Cincinnati has some good interior rushers

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah but it looks like Snee is playing.

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't think he's a bust... we're playing him like he is a bust though. If Doug Martin was on our team, he'd be warming the bench except for KR while Wilson was known all throughout the NFL as Greg Schiano's rookie sensation...

And before you get into all that blocking stuff, we obviously don't care about protecting Eli if we're starting Diehl while Locklear is 100% healthy...

be patient..srsly..give him this year and next..he will be fine

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 10:24 PM
lol as fans it's difficult to be patient when you know we have an explosive player and our running game for the past years have been so bad.

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 10:26 PM
lol as fans it's difficult to be patient when you know we have an explosive player and our running game for the past years have been so bad.

it was bad last year and injuries played their part..it was fine in 2010

zimonami
11-09-2012, 10:33 PM

bet on?
This makes the most sense with Snee out. Diehl's foot speed/reaction reflexes are quickly dying. He hurts us less at G (jeezuz, my fingers are crossed). We need a serious infusion of talent on the line.

Flip Empty
11-09-2012, 10:56 PM
The giants just are not playing him. The reason is simple they don't change their pecking order. They want him to be a factor next year and the year after. If we jump the gun we end up with 3 guys getting paied as starting running backs
Brown is an RFA next year and Wilson is under contract for four years?

B&RWarrior
11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I tell you why AB is still starting because the coaching staff knows that our run blocking has been spotty. Some games it's been good and others, ehhh not so much. As our blocking goes so does AB's performance.

JJC7301
11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I hope that AB gets 0 yards because I think that he should sit this game out, and possibly next week as well. Rest this guy's feet a little while and let him get back to normal a little.

Use Brown and Wilson. If you can't beat the Bengals without AB, then you may as well as pack up for the season.

And give Nicks a few weeks off, too. Let Barden and RR get more time in and try to get Nicks ready for the end of the season.

If we're so DEEP, let's show it.

bearbryant
11-10-2012, 01:00 AM
I hope snee plays, hope DD sits. If TC wants to give the team the best chance of victory, play wilson and brown ( they follow their blocks), If nicks can't run the routes properly play Barden and RR, simple, next manup. Nicks is doing nothing good, I think he's hurt. Get Will into the game, he played well earlier in the season. With Brown and AR in the back and if Webby plays like he did last week, the secondary will be strong. Hopefully, the coordinators listened to TC's "sermons" and come out with real game plans that are totally snap the Lewis groups gonads back for 59 minutes.

BlueSanta
11-10-2012, 04:05 AM

In 2007, Bradshaw's rookie year, one game late season vs the Vikings(prolly our worst performance that year) we were without Jacobs and Ward and started Rueben Droughns rather than Bradshaw. Bradshaw didnt contribute much until very late in the season, except as a kickoff returner, just like Wilson(even more than Wilson actually.)

It is just TC's way. He doesnt play rookie Rbs early.I certainly hope he decides to change his pattern but every single rookie RB under TC has been held out of the lineup till later in the season.

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Our weekly Bradshaw is/isn't a bust thread.....boring!

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Only if he busts a 40 yarder somewhere.

If he carries 14 times, I've got him down for about 53 yards.

He's pretty much a 3.6+ yard per carry guy when he's less than 100%.

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Again, Bradshaw is their best blocking RB. That is extremely important when you have a franchise QB to protect. It may not show up in the stats for people's fantasy football teams, but its extremely important. You do know Eli didn't start his rookie season. Neither did Nicks or JPP.

He sure didn't look that way last week. He and Diehl were mediocre (to be charitable) in protecting Eli.

I think it's helpful for fans to consider the concept of "healthy" v. "did not practice".

It's really like talking about two different players. Someone with busted up feet can't plant and block as effectively as the same person with healthy feet. Simple as that.

stormblue
11-10-2012, 01:18 PM

no way he's gettin' 5 yards per carry.
if he does i'll shut up.

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 01:20 PM

bet on?

IF:

Diehl is at G.
Locklear is at T

.....and Bradshaw > 100 yards, this will be the very last thread I ever make regarding Bradshaw.

But I'm feeling pretty certain DNP won't top the century mark. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

GiantRoc
11-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Tell me if you still think Wilson is a bust after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwapuwf35gU

WOW! Who is this # 34 guy??!!! We should get him to play on our team!!!! (red ink)

BlueBlooded1979
11-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Wilson too green to be a bust but even knows he isn't ready in Pass Pro. This means when he steps on the field the defense knows he isn't blocking anyone. That is huge advantage for the defense. If they bring double A pressure that there will be a free rusher or their DE/OLB will be iso on a TE. They can also overload and know they have a numbers advantage.

He deserves 5 to 10 carries a game but the playbook and audilbles are limited for him.

NorwoodBlue
11-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Wilson too green to be a bust but even knows he isn't ready in Pass Pro. This means when he steps on the field the defense knows he isn't blocking anyone. That is huge advantage for the defense. If they bring double A pressure that there will be a free rusher or their DE/OLB will be iso on a TE. They can also overload and know they have a numbers advantage.

He deserves 5 to 10 carries a game but the playbook and audilbles are limited for him.

I saw some of the worst pass blocking I've ever seen out of a back by Bradshaw last week. And I've also seen Andre Brown take a seam and slip through it. If Bradshaw doesn't see a hole the size of a Mack truck, he won't even try to find a seam. He stops at the line and tries to cut it back. He used to be able to get away with that; but he's not that player anymore. Now he gets tackled from behind and loses a yard almost every time he tries it.

I bet if you got a little running game going with Andre then all of a sudden the play action would start working better, and this offense would be far more productive.

zimonami
11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Why are so many so distressed that Wilson isn't playing much? He's still young. He'll get more time as the season goes, and more next year... and, he'll be our prime guy either next year or the next. He'll still be young, and will start getting his heavy bumps and bruises. We all know most starting RB are only good for 5-6 years. As long s we have Brown, and an AB near the end of his productive career, then feed Wilson slowly... let his body mature more, and let him get experience a little at a time. There's value to him watching the offense from the sidelines, and watching the blitz pick-up assignments by AB.
Another thing... this OL is still way below average blocking for the run. Wilson won't make a miraculous 30 yard run where no hole exists. He won't single handedly mean the difference between the playoffs, or not. He could get Eli hurt if he misses an audible blocking assignment.
I'm happy keeping him in reserve for now. His time will come.

JesseJames
11-10-2012, 04:42 PM
heres a thought, if you want better blocking you draft better linemen and fullbacks, RBs are supposed to run the ball but now they are gauged by how good they can block and don't even play if they can't

appodictic
11-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Here is my bet. This happens at least once. 1st down bradshaw rush 4 , second down bradshaw rush 5, third and 1 eli incomplete 50 yard pass.

CowboysSuck
11-10-2012, 05:21 PM

There ya go I fixed it :p

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 01:11 AM

Eli Manning is responsible for calling the protections.....so if Wilson is in there, and has to pick up a blitz, Eli is going to point out to Wilson who he needs to get in front of.

That's one reason why Eli isn't hit nearly as much as someone like Michael Vick.....he usually can tell where the pressure is going to come from, and then will immediately go to his hot read.

And that's another reason I don't worry too much about an RB other the Bradshaw being in the backfield.

Bradshaw is a great pass blocker, but again, he's not healthy, and both his running and blocking have suffered.

FlyingTruck
11-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Bradshaw isn't 100%. Start Brown and split the carries with Wilson. Brown did fine, actually better than fine when he started for Bradshaw. But no, let's keep starting Bradshaw while he isn't 100% and slow down his healing time. Makes perfect sense.

Bradshaw most likely won't rush for more than 100.

SackingMyths
11-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Why are so many so distressed that Wilson isn't playing much? He's still young. He'll get more time as the season goes, and more next year... and, he'll be our prime guy either next year or the next. He'll still be young, and will start getting his heavy bumps and bruises. We all know most starting RB are only good for 5-6 years. As long s we have Brown, and an AB near the end of his productive career, then feed Wilson slowly... let his body mature more, and let him get experience a little at a time. There's value to him watching the offense from the sidelines, and watching the blitz pick-up assignments by AB.
Another thing... this OL is still way below average blocking for the run. Wilson won't make a miraculous 30 yard run where no hole exists. He won't single handedly mean the difference between the playoffs, or not. He could get Eli hurt if he misses an audible blocking assignment.
I'm happy keeping him in reserve for now. His time will come.

Level-headed...realistic...insightful ---> 100% accurate.

My question: What are you doing here? Dontcha know that OUR types aren't well-received on these boards??

zimonami
11-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Level-headed...realistic...insightful ---> 100% accurate.

My question: What are you doing here? Dontcha know that OUR types aren't well-received on these boards??
I don't go on to these kind of threads often... too much back and forth garbage. I've been around a long time and know that patience is critical when it comes to young talent. The move from college to pros is so much faster and harder than they expect, and a top notch RB rarely has blitz assignment in college.
I saw a rook named Chatman miss a blitz in a preseason game in '81, and Simms was nearly killed. It only takes one of those misses by Wilson to KO Eli. Then where will we be?
Yeah, Carr will bring us to the playoffs and Wilson will be getting 130 yds. every game. Yep, that's the answer. Why can't our coaches see that?
TC will make sure it doesn't happen, because he understands and has patience.

SackingMyths
11-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't go on to these kind of threads often... too much back and forth garbage. I've been around a long time and know that patience is critical when it comes to young talent. The move from college to pros is so much faster and harder than they expect, and a top notch RB rarely has blitz assignment in college.
I saw a rook named Chatman miss a blitz in a preseason game in '81, and Simms was nearly killed. It only takes one of those misses by Wilson to KO Eli. Then where will we be?
Yeah, Carr will bring us to the playoffs and Wilson will be getting 130 yds. every game. Yep, that's the answer. Why can't our coaches see that?
TC will make sure it doesn't happen, because he understands and has patience.

It'd be great to see the coaches find ways to get the ball in Wilson's hands without putting Eli at risk, and without telegraphing that the play is going to him. But protecting Eli is objective #1 on every play...regardless of his obvious upside and superior speed. Right now, using him for only a handful of plays isn't putting him in a position to succeed. Why hurt his confidence or make him "press" and try to do too much b/c he knows he's only getting a few chances? That has disaster written all over it.

His time will come.

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 12:42 PM
It'd be great to see the coaches find ways to get the ball in Wilson's hands without putting Eli at risk, and without telegraphing that the play is going to him. .
Clearly the answer is the mythical David Carr wildcat package.

CowboysSuck
11-11-2012, 12:42 PM
:popcorn:...

:popcorn:

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Really wished I was wrong.