PDA

View Full Version : Who should we root for?

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Philly or Dallas? Which loss is better for the Giants? I'm thinking maybe rooting for Dallas since we've played them twice but haven't played Philly again and don't want them to have something to play for when we do?

ryan12
11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
im rooting for dallas

Eliscruzzz
11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Phily, Dallas has the better defense and better QB...Philly will loss other games besides this one.

FrankAE
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I cannot pull myself to ever root for the eagles, not even if it were to help the Giants. On the flip side I won't root for the cowboys either although I don't like them simply because they're in the division. I could not care less about them if they were in the afc or say nfc west. Therefore I am hoping it rains and on the first play everyone sprains their ankles for the week and they call it a draw.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
We've already split with the Cowboys, so as much as I can't stand them it's better for us if they push the Eagles farther down the ladder.

mitchmac
11-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Tough call. My 2 favorite teams have always been the Giants and whoever's playing the Eagles. Root for the Cowboys, though, I don't think I can do it. What would a scoreless tie do for us? (Naturally, i don't have any Eagles or Cowboys on my fantasy team.....)

ryan12
11-09-2012, 04:22 PM
We've already split with the Cowboys, so as much as I can't stand them it's better for us if they push the Eagles farther down the ladder.

my thoughts exactly rf

jomo
11-09-2012, 04:23 PM
We've already split with the Cowboys, so as much as I can't stand them it's better for us if they push the Eagles farther down the ladder.That's the best logic I've heard.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 04:38 PM
That's the best logic I've heard.

Even a blind hog.......:)

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Dallas I can stand rooting for. Philly I cannot abide under any circumstances.

Also that point about having already split with Dallas is a good point...

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Dallas I can stand rooting for. Philly I cannot abide under any circumstances.

Also that point about having already split with Dallas is a good point...

It sounds better when you say "I want the Eagles to lose" than "I want the Cowboys to win"

TheEnigma
11-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Need the Cowboys to win. Every loss suffered by the Eagles means more unraveling and a slightly easier game against them at the end of the season.

rtr1105
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm rooting for Philly. Dallas seems like much more of a threat to me. We saw their resilience against us in the Week 8 game. Romo is much better than Vick, and I think that Bryant and Austin are a better tandem than Jackson and Maclin. Plus, Romo has Witten. Defensively, I'll take Dallas this year. Philly has tons of talent on that D-Line but they haven't shown up much this year. Dallas always has the threat of Ware off the edge and their new corners in Claiborne and Carr have impressed me a lot.

JesseJames
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I think the Eagles are the weaker team but I hope they beat the Cowboys this week and push them down away from us because I don't want us to have to play the cowboys again in any game this year because they are always tough and have played some real tough games this year even though they lost some they play tough and have the talent to win any game they play if Romo can play without his mistakes.

foxie
11-09-2012, 06:43 PM
I can't stand the eagles, I can't stand the eagle fans, Dallas more of a threat to the Giants winning the division, doesn't matter, The Giants will take care of themselves, In the MEAN time, it's time to drive 'ol Dixie down, the eagles, to the bottom of the NFC east & keep that cesspool of a team representing that armpit of a city right where they belong. LAST PLACE, choke artists supreme & winners of NOTHING since 1960....from diapers to diapers & a lifetime in between...LOSERS!, I listen to WIP 610 Philly sports radio after every eagle loss & the pathetic callers...better than ___!, Yeah, I think I'll root for Dallas.

CowboysSuck
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I hate both teams with an equal passion, I will not watch the game, I will not look for the ending score. In my book, the game never happened.

fletch842
11-09-2012, 06:54 PM
with Cowboys/Eagles, I typically root for the away team, unless they are running the table, but that is not the case this year. Another Loss, and Philly may totally implode.

Marvelousmik
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I cannot pull myself to ever root for the eagles, not even if it were to help the Giants. On the flip side I won't root for the cowboys either although I don't like them simply because they're in the division. I could not care less about them if they were in the afc or say nfc west. Therefore I am hoping it rains and on the first play everyone sprains their ankles for the week and they call it a draw.

+1. you always root against the eagles. its rule number 2 in the book of being a giants fan.

Eliscruzzz
11-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Dallas is the bigger threat by far.

Rudyy
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I hope it ends in a tie.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Dallas is the bigger threat by far.

Not in the regular season

Dwinsballgames
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Double Forfeit??? (I can dream can't I?)

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I think Dallas has the better chance of still being in it at the end of the season so I'd rather see them lose.

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Not in the regular season?

jomo
11-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Not in the regular seasonJust to be clear RF, am I allowed to root against both of them?

Eliscruzzz
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Not in the regular seasonThat has yet to be seen this year...now, this year Dallas is more posed to make a run I think based on their o-line, QB, and defense. I know we beat Dallas once but I expect even if Philly wins this game, they are more likely to self- destruct. We see it different I guess.

Antwuan
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM

I hate the Eagles with a passion more than any team in the NFL, but if it came down to a scenerio in which they could help the Giants as far as playoff positioning I would root for them, I won't go crazy rooting for them but I would have no choice but to root for them. I love the Giants a bit more than I hate the Eagles.

drewz
11-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Root for the Philly.. we match up terribly with Dallas..

Antwuan
11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Im not rooting for either team I hate both the Cowboys & Eagles.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 08:01 PM
?

We've finished with Dallas, not the Eagles. I'd rather Dallas beat the Eagles to knock them down the ladder. I honestly don't see either of them making it into the playoffs but if they did, I'd rather face Romo

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Just to be clear RF, am I allowed to root against both of them?

Oh hell yes

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
That has yet to be seen this year...now, this year Dallas is more posed to make a run I think based on their o-line, QB, and defense. I know we beat Dallas once but I expect even if Philly wins this game, they are more likely to self- destruct. We see it different I guess.

We want to at least split each Division game. We have already done that with Dallas.

penguinfarmer
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I vote for the tie with Foles and Orton at the helms.

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Philly or Dallas? Which loss is better for the Giants? I'm thinking maybe rooting for Dallas since we've played them twice but haven't played Philly again and don't want them to have something to play for when we do?

I was debating this too with a friend today, what we came up with is, as long as the giants win and move to 7-3, with the bye coming up, it will be a good feeling watching that game knowing one of them will lose...I hate them both, philly a little more but as long as the giants take care of business, that game is a win win for us imo.

jomo
11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh hell yesThen I am sure to get a win on Sunday! Woohoo!!

nycisgreat
11-09-2012, 09:23 PM

Neither. Let the game end in a tie.

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
We've finished with Dallas, not the Eagles. I'd rather Dallas beat the Eagles to knock them down the ladder. O ho0nestly don't see wither of them making it into the playoffs but if they did, I'd rather face RomoYeah they are done with them this year but with the way the Giants play in the second half of seasons they could let a team sneak back into the race. I'd rather see Dallas lose because I trust the Eagles to lose at least a few more games.

Hessian
11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
neither. ever.

Antwuan
11-10-2012, 03:57 AM
Neither. Let the game end in a tie.

+1 (Best Case Scenerio For The Giants)

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I can't root for either so let the chips fall where they may.... Though kicking Jones in the Jimmies always makes my day!

RoanokeFan
11-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Yeah they are done with them this year but with the way the Giants play in the second half of seasons they could let a team sneak back into the race. I'd rather see Dallas lose because I trust the Eagles to lose at least a few more games.

If we win in Cincinnati, we get more separation from the rest of the division. I'm more concerned about the playoffs where, if we believe we suck in the second half of regular seasons, we have to also believe we thrive.

Superbowl
11-10-2012, 06:38 AM
I was raised on belief that you never root for Eagles under any circumstances. So I am going to continue in that belief.

G-MENBK
11-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Option C: they suck so bad that they black them out from TV and make history as being the first two teams to leave the field with an L.

GMan-67
11-10-2012, 11:03 AM
well 1st off you don't root for them .... the question is which team will you root against more?

i will root against Philly more simply b/c Philly can still sweep us and remember they did win their last 4 games last season

bebil10
11-10-2012, 02:15 PM
If I can't root for the Eagles to go 0-16, then the Giants don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I will always root against the Eagles even if it helps the Giants. If it came down to that the Giants should have won one more game.

BlueBlooded1979
11-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Cowboys. I hate the Eagles with a passion and hate Vick even more. I hope Ratliff rips his head off.

miked1958
11-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I will just close my eyes and ignore it knowing its a good news bad news scenario. On has to win which I hate and one has to lose which I love. I guess we could hope for a scoreless tie??

ashleymarie
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I will just close my eyes and ignore it knowing its a good news bad news scenario. On has to win which I hate and one has to lose which I love. I guess we could hope for a scoreless tie??

I would love to have Dallas in the cellar with the door nailed shut. But I see wisdom in your logic. I dispise Vick for his participation in torturing animals. I seriously dislike Romo because he plays for Dallas. Let both take a nose dive.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Eagles are known for making late season runs, and they pretty much own us, so I'd rather them lose.
Dallas doesn't scare me down the stretch, not one bit.

EnragedYouth85
11-10-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd rather see the Eagles lose, they beat us more often and we are already 1-1 with the Cowboys. Remember that we play the Eagles the last game of our season...

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm rooting for the Giants,,,to take care of business, then it doesn't matter what anybody else does.

Pksoze
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm rooting for the Giants,,,to take care of business, then it doesn't matter what anybody else does.

Agreed if the Giants take care of business...we have the pleasure of watching one of these teams being virtually eliminated.

hungrrrry
11-11-2012, 03:49 AM
I never really root for division rivals but picked Dallas to win. We still need to play Philly again so whatever demoralizes their hopes until them is good.

Kendo15
11-11-2012, 07:34 AM

I hope that both the horrible *******s lose.

As that can't happen, I hope for a 2-2 tie (one safety each and their fans die of boredom).

Failing these unlikely/impossible scenarios, I say iggles.

Reasons, we still have to play them and can, therefore, directly affect their final W/L total. I see the argument the other way (i.e they, hopefully, will have nothing to play for by week 17, but teams with nothing to play for, and a new head coach in situ possibly, can open up and be difficult) but I also think Dallas are a better team than Philli, so the more games they lose the better.

miked1958
11-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Agreed if the Giants take care of business...we have the pleasure of watching one of these teams being virtually eliminated.this. We need not worry what any of them do if we win 3 more times

miked1958
11-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Well 4 to be sure

stormblue
11-11-2012, 09:02 AM
i really can't root for either one.
it's too early to tell which way would benefit us playoff wise.

but either way i am going to enjoy watching the "agony of defeat"
on one of those sidelines...which is absolutely worth the "price of admission".

Diamondring
11-11-2012, 09:13 AM
I never really root for division rivals but picked Dallas to win. We still need to play Philly again so whatever demoralizes their hopes until them is good.I hope both of them take a tie.

Giants Brazil
11-11-2012, 12:14 PM
As the outcome of this game should not affect the Giants, you can't beat the Giants winning and the Eagles losing in the same week!