PDA

View Full Version : Def. scheme and Gameplan

Atomic1
12-19-2011, 05:42 PM
The New York Giants who were once an attacking aggresive defense are now just plain Vanilla. Even Aikman commented on how the Defensive set was the same on every play , not disquised nor aggresive and the Redskins look like they are playing " Pitch and Catch " . Aikman also noted how the ONE AND ONLY TIME WE WERE AGGRESIVE and deceptive AND RAN A STUNT, JPP GOT A SACK !
Also it's worth noting that almost every time the ball is being snapped our defensive players are still trying to communicate with each and this has them playing tennative instead of aggressive and attacking.
Lastly the Off. playcalling was horrendous early and showed it's hand right off the bat . No work ethic approach just huck the ball deep and punt. Yes I know we got screwedagain by the Ref's on the no call on Cruz and Nicks seemed to lose his in the sun and it glanced off his facemask But the message seemed to be ,try and score some fast easy points and the Skins will quit. The skins picked up on the Giants "Gameplan " and the rest is history......

ibbill
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
The New York Giants who were once an attacking aggresive defense are now just plain Vanilla. Even Aikman commented on how the Defensive set was the same on every play , not disquised nor aggresive and the Redskins look like they are playing " Pitch and Catch " . Aikman also noted how the ONE AND ONLY TIME WE WERE AGGRESIVE and deceptive AND RAN A STUNT, JPP GOT A SACK !
Also it's worth noting that almost every time the ball is being snapped our defensive players are still trying to communicate with each and this has them playing tennative instead of aggressive and attacking.
Lastly the Off. playcalling was horrendous early and showed it's hand right off the bat . No work ethic approach just huck the ball deep and punt. Yes I know we got screwedagain by the Ref's on the no call on Cruz and Nicks seemed to lose his in the sun and it glanced off his facemask But the message seemed to be ,try and score some fast easy points and the Skins will quit. The skins picked up on the Giants "Gameplan " and the rest is history......

Keystone Cops would be proud of us the way we run around wondering where we are going.

Its a joke.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 06:45 PM

It's a huge problem.

The only ones that Fewell is confusing are the Giants defenders.

Time to simply the coverages, and let these guys live or die with the results. It can't get any worse than "passive and confused".

On offense, I have no clue why Gilbride feels like the long ball is the only way to move this team through the air. The Giants have so many good receivers, you'd think they could adopt a intermediate range attack like Green Bay.

yshock
12-19-2011, 07:05 PM
gee i didnt think we had a scheme. i thought he was drawing plays in the dirt. lol they play with no clue on defense

bashful
12-19-2011, 07:20 PM
we had a game plan. </P>

offensively - third and long and punt</P>

defensively - third and long and other first down</P>

ibbill
12-19-2011, 07:23 PM
we had a game plan. </P>

offensively - third and long and punt</P>

defensively - third and long and other first down</P>

dam sounds like you were in on the coaches meetings lmao

nycisgreat
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM

It's a huge problem.

The only ones that Fewell is confusing are the Giants defenders.

Time to simply the coverages, and let these guys live or die with the results. It can't get any worse than "passive and confused".

On offense, I have no clue why Gilbride feels like the long ball is the only way to move this team through the air. The Giants have so many good receivers, you'd think they could adopt a intermediate range attack like Green Bay.

That is funny!