PDA

View Full Version : Marc Ross?

Panthers527
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Panther fan here.

So I wanted to ask y'all about Marc Ross, the Panthers are hiring a new GM and we hired Ernie Accorsi (y'alls old GM) to help us look for someone to bring in. A lot of fellow Panthers fans believe that Marc Ross should be our next GM. So I was wondering what you guys had to say about him. Pros and Cons....

Thanks.

CowboysSuck
11-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Hes good. But dont expect to have any decent LB's for the next 10 years lolol

Panthers527
11-09-2012, 06:17 PM

Well we got a really good rookie in Luke Kuechly and some good vets in James Anderson, Jon Beason and Thomas Davis. So we kind of okay with the LBers for a least another 5-7 years....

CowboysSuck
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I'd say his strong suits have been: Wide Receivers, Wide Receivers, Wide Receivers. Also at finding talent at RB in late rounds, and a good eye for the D-Line.

Now I'm not sure how much of a role he plays in Free Agency, but that hasnt been too bad either. Not great, but not terrible.

Also, it's hard to gage exactly how much of our success with young talent and FA's can be accredited to Marc Ross...based on the fact that he works under Jerry Reese and with Coughlin as well as others in the FO.

Overall I'd say he would be an excellent pick-up for any team that is in need of a good GM prospect.

Captain Chaos
11-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I hope you don't take him because he is excellent!

egyptian420
11-09-2012, 09:10 PM
I hope you don't take him because he is excellent!+1...this

JJC7301
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think you could do any better than Ross when it comes to someone who'd be a GM for the 1st time. Guy's done a great job by the Giants. We don't want him going anywhere, but it's just a matter of time.

JJC7301
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
No, I think that's a Reese philosophy more than anything else.

rainierjef
11-10-2012, 12:53 AM
they already got their beyond good LB for the next ten years.

jomo
11-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Accorsi gets big props here for Eli and he should but his record otherwise was kind of average. Ross is pretty darned good judge of talent AND character.

RagTime Blue
11-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I'd call him above-average in the drafting department, but being a GM is so much more involved than that. Pro-scouting, managing a salary cap, negotiating with your own free agents. And there's more stuff that I probably don't even know about.

But you have to start somewhere, and I'd say Marc Ross has a good start to be a good GM.

BigBlueAllDay
11-10-2012, 11:01 AM
So the Panthers want Marc Ross from the Giants.... 49ers wanted Brandon Jacobs and Mario Manningham from the Giants, Rams wanted Spags from the Giants... what are we? the golden pot at the end of a rainbow?

slipknottin
11-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Hes really good with the media too, if you can find some of his draft interviews.

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Panther fan here.

So I wanted to ask y'all about Marc Ross, the Panthers are hiring a new GM and we hired Ernie Accorsi (y'alls old GM) to help us look for someone to bring in. A lot of fellow Panthers fans believe that Marc Ross should be our next GM. So I was wondering what you guys had to say about him. Pros and Cons....

Thanks.

Marc Ross is probably the most underrated guy in this organization.....he's the one that makes Jerry Reese look like a genius.

I hope the Panthers look somewhere else, because losing Ross would be a huge hit.

JJC7301
11-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Marc Ross is probably the most underrated guy in this organization.....he's the one that makes Jerry Reese look like a genius.

I hope the Panthers look somewhere else, because losing Ross would be a huge hit.
Ross is not underrated at all. Any and all knowledgable Giants fans know his importance.

But Reese definitely deserves credit. He's got Ross to advise him and Reese is the one that has to deal with all facets of running an organization. Reese is the key, but Ross definitely is an important contributor.

Rat_bastich
11-10-2012, 11:32 PM
If ownership will let him do what he needs to do and collaborate with him and recognize him as the final say then he should be real successful. The way the Giants work the scouts have alot of input as well as the coach with the final say going to GM. Not sure how much input ownership has since they are footing the bill, but I'm sure they pretty much stay out of it.

I would imagine that Ross and his team are most likely responsible for alot of the gems the Giants have been finding through the later rounds of the draft and probably rookie free agency. Alot of GM's begin their careers as scouts and it is a skill that all need. I think if he ends up with the Panthers you'll be getting a solid guy.

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Ross is not underrated at all. Any and all knowledgable Giants fans know his importance.

But Reese definitely deserves credit. He's got Ross to advise him and Reese is the one that has to deal with all facets of running an organization. Reese is the key, but Ross definitely is an important contributor.

Maybe "unsung" is a better description for Ross. Regardless, he's a big piece of the Giants success.