PDA

View Full Version : How many plays do you think Eli has at his disposal at any given moment?

Chris Christie
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
When they pan the camera to Eli on the sideline after a pic or a 3 and out, looking at the top secret binder with KG, I can't help but wonder what the heck they are looking at, could there be anything in there they haven't thought of yet? Or is it just photos of the opposing teams defensive schemes from above? Do you think Eli would be capable of calling his own plays in the huddle, I do.

Chris Christie
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
And are they using them all?

Rudyy
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
They are looking at draw plays. Kidding.

Eliscruzzz
11-09-2012, 07:59 PM
My guess would probably be 3. He'll probably have a run and two pass plays he can audible into.

RoanokeFan
11-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Some of what they look at are photos of the defense, other times it's just "what do you think we work against what your seeing on the field"? Bot each game has its own plan so I doubt they go deep into the "play book." Although a few games back Gilbride drew a play up based on what he was seeing, showed it to Eli and they went with it.

Itlan
11-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I thought it was the 22 film they looked at, basically trying to understand what Eli saw and why he **** the bed.

Chris Christie
11-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Some of what they look at are photos of the defense, other times it's just "what do you think we work against what your seeing on the field"? Bot each game has its own plan so I doubt they go deep into the "play book." Although a few games back Gilbride drew a play up based on what he was seeing, showed it to Eli and they went with it.

I bet they wound up punting, haha.

Drez
11-09-2012, 09:36 PM
When they pan the camera to Eli on the sideline after a pic or a 3 and out, looking at the top secret binder with KG, I can't help but wonder what the heck they are looking at, could there be anything in there they haven't thought of yet? Or is it just photos of the opposing teams defensive schemes from above? Do you think Eli would be capable of calling his own plays in the huddle, I do.
Eli has full audible control, which means he can audible into any play that the personnel package dictates. However, he does usually get 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle which he then checks into one at the line depending on what the defense is showing.

He and KG are probably looking over the photos of the defense and discussing what Eli could have/should have/can do if they get that look again, etc...

Flip Empty
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM
It's funny how Gilbride always gets thrown under the bus even though it's Eli who often has the final say about which play they're going to run.

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 09:41 PM

they are looking at polaroids of formations and post snap schemes taken from an all 22 view

and it is not top secret

....and Eli has the whole playbook at his disposal......but the entire playbook is not available for a given gameplan

he has access to the plays within the gameplan on gameday

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 09:44 PM
they are looking at polaroids of formations and post snap schemes taken from an all 22 view

and it is not top secret

....and Eli has the whole playbook at his disposal......but the entire playbook is not available for a given gameplan

he has access to the plays within the gameplan on gameday

really? makes sense but I never thought of that..that he doesnt have access to all the plays on gameday....You know a play i like is the misdirection play to wilson.

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 09:49 PM
really? makes sense but I never thought of that..that he doesnt have access to all the plays on gameday.....

throughout the week they devise a gameplan based on what they see the opponent do on film and which play packages will be able to exploit their looks

and Eli will have access to any play that was put in that week

they are all packages based on down, distance and field position

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 09:53 PM
throughout the week they devise a gameplan based on what they see the opponent do on film and which play packages will be able to exploit their looks

and Eli will have access to any play that was put in that week

they are all packages based on down and distance......and field position

I'll be honest YA and I may be in the minority but I love the plays we have, we attack, I get frustrated at times like against philly when we kept going deep but, thats who we are...I questioned the fade in the endzone to randle and the back shoulder throw to him on 3rd and one but you have to take the good with the bad with this team and there is far more good imo.

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I'll be honest YA and I may be in the minority but I love the plays we have, we attack, I get frustrated at times like against philly when we kept going deep but, thats who we are...I questioned the fade in the endzone to randle and the back shoulder throw to him on 3rd and one but you have to take the good with the bad with this team and there is far more good imo.

I enjoy the aggressive play calls as well

but I think the 3rd and short package needs to be adjusted greatly

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I enjoy the aggressive play calls as well

but I think the 3rd and short package needs to be adjusted greatly

yes it seems we try passes 30 yards to far or 3 yards to short...thing is you never know as a fan watching what was called and what was an Eli's choice or what his options are for any given play...it makes it hard to ***** imo

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 10:09 PM
yes it seems we try passes 30 yards to far or 3 yards to short...thing is you never know as a fan watching what was called and what was an Eli's choice or what his options are for any given play...it makes it hard to ***** imo

if I use the 3rd and 1 play in the first quarter last week when Randle was not expecting the back shoulder throw as an example of what I hate about the 3rd and short package ........

it was a 3 route play

Randle with an option of a 9 or a fade stop
Bennett with a seam
and Nick with a 10 yd fade.....which happened to be the shortest route in that particular tree tree

no need for that play to be called on 3rd and 1

and from what I can gather from the broadcast, all 22, and seeing it live....I do not believe Eli checked out of any play called

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 10:13 PM
if I use the 3rd and 1 play in the first quarter last week when Randle was not expecting the back shoulder throw as an example of what I hate about the 3rd and short package ........

it was a 3 route play

Randle with an option of a 9 or a fade stop
Bennett with a seam
and Nick with a 10 yd fade.....which happened to be the shortest route in that particular tree tree

no need for that play to be called on 3rd and 1

and from what I can gather from the broadcast, all 22, and seeing it live....I do not believe Eli checked out of any play called

great breakdown YA..i learn something new everytime, what bothered me is that is a comfort play..eli and nicks run it well and it is still a tough play, but with a rookie, it bothered me...hand it off to brown or bradshaw or the play i liked they ran against dallas was the delay short streak over the middle to hixon, that play is always there imo...then again what do i know, i played 1aa in college, I'll leave the big choices to the professionals.

byron
11-09-2012, 10:57 PM

and it is not top secret

he has access to the plays within the gameplan on gameday that's been my understanding for it also good to get confirmation on it Ya ...you know you see them looking at flim on the sidelines....quess my question is do you think they adjust a game plan in game based on things they are seeing ? it makes sence that they would just wondering what you think ....And by the way good stuff man !

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
that's been my understanding for it also good to get confirmation on it Ya ...you know you see them looking at flim on the sidelines....quess my question is do you think they adjust a game plan in game based on things they are seeing ?

despite what we read on these boards, KG is one of the best in the business at what he does, I have faith he will get everything fixed...we always rip him in a loss, how about the niner game this year, we grossly out coached Harbaugh and the boys.

YATittle1962
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
that's been my understanding for it also good to get confirmation on it Ya ...you know you see them looking at flim on the sidelines....quess my question is do you think they adjust a game plan in game based on things they are seeing ?

they will adjust some gameplan things based on what they see ...sure...thats what the polaroids are for

but even more so for the players to get a look at what happened on a given play and either try to avoid it or exploit it next time they get that look

alentown pa
11-09-2012, 11:01 PM
on an unrelated note..good crowd at the steeler game..sounded loud, even on tv

byron
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
they will adjust some gameplan things based on what they see ...sure...thats what the polaroids are for

but even more so for the players to get a look at what happened on a given play and either try to avoid it or exploit it next time they get that look yeah that makes sence, a lot of people around here don't think they make adjustments or are slow at making them.... that would be pretty stupid not to take advantage of the flim.....Good stuff Ya thanks man !

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Likely depends on the package that is in the game, There has to be a few to check into if he sees a Defense that he can take advantage of..

GCGiant
11-10-2012, 07:02 AM
When out of town, they always are provided with menus from most of the local restaurants and what you see on the sideline is Eli deciding what he is going to have for dinner that night. KG always phones in the orders for the players. :)

Chris Christie
11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
When out of town, they always are provided with menus from most of the local restaurants and what you see on the sideline is Eli deciding what he is going to have for dinner that night. KG always phones in the orders for the players. :)

Thats funny man! Remember when Mark Sanchez got caught eating a hot dog on the sideline during a game? Lmao

jakegibbs
11-10-2012, 10:55 AM
My guess would probably be 3. He'll probably have a run and two pass plays he can audible into.

Also a quick kick right?

GCGiant
11-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Also a quick kick right?Hey, Jake...Remember when you were QB and your coach, Johnny Vaught, use to quick-kick on 3rd down a lot?

keyofgmen
11-11-2012, 08:23 AM
on an unrelated note..good crowd at the steeler game..sounded loud, even on tv

I don't know about that. I am usually not a crowd complainer, but, my sons were in our seats and they said there were many Steelers fans around them. More than any other opponent. Including some in seats right next to us, where good loyal Giant fans usually are. Terrible towels were everywhere. And he even had security tell him to stop banging on rail because it was too loud! Have had seats since 1954 and I'm actually having thoughts of selling...never thought I would say that EVER!

miked1958
11-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Looking at weather he yelled Omaha at the right time or not. I'm sure KG has the instructions on when and where to use the Word. Lol