PDA

View Full Version : Panic mode

dave56dj
11-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Classic threads started after a loss. Is it a legit gripe or the classic RIGHT NOW fan.

We need to go to the no huddle - No we do not - the offense is sputtering for sure but the early weeks shows you the execution is just off and can be fixed. You don't run the no huddle when you are trying win TOP and your offense is still top 10 in the league - relax and get back to practice. Right now fan.

Gilbride and Fewell are clueless - well this is actually posted win or loss. Both guys are reputable coordinators with three rings as Giants under their belt. GGilbride runs TC's offense which is a downfield and intermediate pass attack. Fewell plays a lot of zone and tries to get as many eyes on the balls for turnovers as he can (+12 on the year) Both have their faults but both have enough credit in the bank where fans should have some sort of even keel approach but it usually turns completely unbalanced in here after a loss. Right now fan

Diehl needs to be benched - its getting harder and harder to argue against this one - bottom line is locklear has been better but TC is loyal and doesn't usually let a vet lose a job due to injury. That said David is hurting our chances - this is a legit gripe.

Wilson needs the ball - this guy has shown he is electric with the ball in his hands and his fumble is lightyears away. In fact AB has at least 3 since then. Ab protects better then most backs in the league but the fact is they have about 3 plays max a game for Wilson and in each play he gets the ball so he is NEVER used unless he is getting it - therefore easy to key on 22, basically telling the D he will have the ball. Rooks get brought in slowly and they have to get the assignments down but this guy has shown amazing talent and has to see the ball at least 5/6 times a game. legit gripe

Eli's arm is tired - laughable - why isn't brees or rivers or peytons or brady's or romos - hes fine. Right Now Fan

cruz is better then nicks - who cares? apples and oranges. Nicks (when healthy) is a beast on the outside and our best hands/ press beater on team. Cruz is lethal in slot and great after catch - both are very very good. Right now fan

Osi and tuck suck - they are older yes. But both add positives to the team, depsite some negative plays as well. Yes osi is not the best at maintaining his gaps or contain but when getting after the Q and stripping the ball as he did with big ben he is worth it (yes it has not been enough this year but he will get his). Tuck is still a force in and out - not as explosive as he once was but still better then most. Right now fan

Chase sucks or chase is amazing - he is our only thumper at LB. Boley herz rivers j will are all speed finesse playmaker backers. Chase is a less athletic but harder hitting between the guard backer. His presence is helpful but he is not the athlete the others are. Fewell prefers the speed guys but chase works cause you need a guy who will hit the gaps as well. He is good for the team but he is probably not a starter on other teams and thats ok. Confused fan.

DONT PANIC ITS A WHOLE YEAR and whatever you may think - these guys get paid as coaches for a reason - they know more then us - accept it.

jomo
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Almost too much there for me to digest but good job, thoughtful post.

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Ah the weekly frustrated with the rehashing diatribe and looking for something different to talk about thread. I actually agree with you...

OX1
11-10-2012, 07:38 AM
- these guys get paid as coaches for a reason - they know more then us - accept it.

Whatever,

That's why the D themselves complained last year and fewell finally simplified and let the players play their game.

That's why Eli has to tell Gilbride to "try to fit passing drills into practice" so they stay sharp.

They kept Dodge WAY too long

3 man rush, UGH!!!

SiddFinch1
11-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Well said. Tweak and refine. Don't panic

Dwinsballgames
11-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I just think because fans are powerless to fix anything some tend to panic. It's human nature.

Flip Empty
11-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Fans need somewhere to vent. It's always interesting to listen to different opinions, however crazy they may seem.

brad
11-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I find the discussion of Xs and Os, should this player get more time over this one etc interesting, but the Op makes very good points concerning the over the top reactions that some fans have. My guess is that the majority of those fans have not been fans very long. Then there are those fans who base their entire self-worth on the win/loss of "their team" that week. For them, either everyone is great or everyone is awful.. there is no in between.

FBomb
11-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I agree with MOST of the OP, except when it comes to Osi. He's a one trick pony and he has only perfomed his one trick once this season. He is overrated by fans and overpaid by the Giants imo.

jakegibbs
11-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Classic threads started after a loss. Is it a legit gripe or the classic RIGHT NOW fan.

We need to go to the no huddle - No we do not - the offense is sputtering for sure but the early weeks shows you the execution is just off and can be fixed. You don't run the no huddle when you are trying win TOP and your offense is still top 10 in the league - relax and get back to practice. Right now fan.

Gilbride and Fewell are clueless - well this is actually posted win or loss. Both guys are reputable coordinators with three rings as Giants under their belt. GGilbride runs TC's offense which is a downfield and intermediate pass attack. Fewell plays a lot of zone and tries to get as many eyes on the balls for turnovers as he can (+12 on the year) Both have their faults but both have enough credit in the bank where fans should have some sort of even keel approach but it usually turns completely unbalanced in here after a loss. Right now fan

Diehl needs to be benched - its getting harder and harder to argue against this one - bottom line is locklear has been better but TC is loyal and doesn't usually let a vet lose a job due to injury. That said David is hurting our chances - this is a legit gripe.

Wilson needs the ball - this guy has shown he is electric with the ball in his hands and his fumble is lightyears away. In fact AB has at least 3 since then. Ab protects better then most backs in the league but the fact is they have about 3 plays max a game for Wilson and in each play he gets the ball so he is NEVER used unless he is getting it - therefore easy to key on 22, basically telling the D he will have the ball. Rooks get brought in slowly and they have to get the assignments down but this guy has shown amazing talent and has to see the ball at least 5/6 times a game. legit gripe

Eli's arm is tired - laughable - why isn't brees or rivers or peytons or brady's or romos - hes fine. Right Now Fan

cruz is better then nicks - who cares? apples and oranges. Nicks (when healthy) is a beast on the outside and our best hands/ press beater on team. Cruz is lethal in slot and great after catch - both are very very good. Right now fan

Osi and tuck suck - they are older yes. But both add positives to the team, depsite some negative plays as well. Yes osi is not the best at maintaining his gaps or contain but when getting after the Q and stripping the ball as he did with big ben he is worth it (yes it has not been enough this year but he will get his). Tuck is still a force in and out - not as explosive as he once was but still better then most. Right now fan

Chase sucks or chase is amazing - he is our only thumper at LB. Boley herz rivers j will are all speed finesse playmaker backers. Chase is a less athletic but harder hitting between the guard backer. His presence is helpful but he is not the athlete the others are. Fewell prefers the speed guys but chase works cause you need a guy who will hit the gaps as well. He is good for the team but he is probably not a starter on other teams and thats ok. Confused fan.

DONT PANIC ITS A WHOLE YEAR and whatever you may think - these guys get paid as coaches for a reason - they know more then us - accept it.

They drop another cow paddy in Cincy & what you've heard so far this year will be baby crap from what will follow if they were to lose Sunday.
Book it. hmmmm..........................

brad
11-10-2012, 11:34 AM
They drop another cow paddy in Cincy & what you've heard so far this year will be baby crap from what will follow if they were to lose Sunday.
Book it. hmmmm..........................

It might actually get very quiet as "new fans" suddenly start wearing ATL jerseys :)

jakegibbs
11-10-2012, 11:36 AM
It might actually get very quiet as "new fans" suddenly start wearing ATL jerseys :)

Yeah I'm "all in" on ATL.

stormblue
11-10-2012, 12:16 PM
whether fans SHOUT IT FROM THE TREE-TOPS IN ANGER
or whisper it to each other in confidence......
doesn't make them wrong.

Diehl,Nicks and Bradshaw need to sit. don't care what TC or KG say about it...they are wrong and we all know it.
they have to stop throwing hail-marys on 3rd and short.
and the other team's punter should make an appearance more than once a game.

don't have to be a HOF HC , OC or DC to figure that out.

don't have to be a band-wagoneer to express disappointment either.
i'm a blue-blood since '55 and i'm not goin' all palm-palms and rah-rah
over these last 3 or 4 weeks of steadily deteriorating quality of football.

we had to have an epiphany to get our QB and WR's practicing together ?

i mean WTF ...... really guys ......WTF.

brad
11-10-2012, 12:19 PM
or whisper it to each in confidence......
doesn't make them wrong.

Diehl,Nicks and Bradshaw need to sit.

I agree with what your saying, and don't question your right to say it, in fact that is what being a fan is about! For me at least...

stormblue
11-10-2012, 02:05 PM
it's all good , most of the bantering is well intended.
very informative ...i learn a lot here
a lot of it is humorous .....but it's all entertaining.
losing just bothers some more than others.

i'm one of those.....but i still bleed blue.

dave56dj
11-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Osi's one trick is absolutely worth gap integrity and contain when he is has the trick going. Its a strip sack based on a speed rush - or a fake speed rush then step inside. Yes he hasn't gotten to the Q enough this year but last week shows you how valuable it can be, 6 for the D. The speed rush is a bot of feast or famine - see babin and freeney as well (guys who during their career have racked up big sack number but also been knocked for losing contain). They all can't be JPP's or Strahans and dominate run and pass. This is Osi's worth andit has outweighed his negatives by a lot.

If they lose to cinci you are right this will get worse - but that doesn't make it right. Toughest schedule in the league and they are in a nice position right now. Why does it feel like we are saying toughest schedule in league every year.

Yes Fewell/ Gilbride and TC make mistakes - this doesn't mean fans know better. Certainly can vent and complain but most of it is just that. Again i would agree with Diehl and Wilson talk but the rest is pretty silly.

Always and foerever GO BLUE.

Antwuan
11-11-2012, 05:17 AM
The Giants Might No Huddle Tommorrow According To Kevin Gilbride.

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Whatever,

That's why the D themselves complained last year and fewell finally simplified and let the players play their game.

That's why Eli has to tell Gilbride to "try to fit passing drills into practice" so they stay sharp.

They kept Dodge WAY too long

3 man rush, UGH!!!

Dude, how are you not on our sidelines? That's unbelivable.

And your still talking about Matt Dodge?

giantsforce
11-11-2012, 11:06 AM
or whisper it to each other in confidence......
doesn't make them wrong.

Diehl,Nicks and Bradshaw need to sit. don't care what TC or KG say about it...they are wrong and we all know it.

That is the point I have been trying to make for years now and I have been called all kinds of names without anyone offering any counter arguments. Just name calling because I point out that this team is capable of playing much better quality of football than what they have been doing so far. I do not get the "coaches **** does not stink" attitude of some here. We all want the Giants to win. We realize that it is very difficult to win every game, however what bothers me is that when it comes to some big games at home we lay out an egg for often than not. More recently the dallas and Steelers games: both winnable, but the effort as a team was not there. Who do you blame? I do not know about you but in my work everyone has to meet or exceed expectations to stay employed. If employees do not perform it is the manager that suffers the consequences if he/she cannot correct the situation. With the talent we have in offense, how is it possible to score only 40% inside the 10? In some games, like the Dallas game, it is as low as 25%. And yet, the following Sunday, we have the same issues. I do not know about you, but the thing that drives me crazy is this Jekyl and Hyde persona the Giants have developed under this coaching staff. Any given Sunday, and even from qrt to qrt, you do not know which Giants team will show on the field. I do not mind losing to teams that are playing better than us, but I do mind losing to teams that we know we can beat but we do not because of the lack of effort either on offense or defense. So, as stormblue put it, WTF?