PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad feeling about Nicks

appodictic
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM
So Nicks is still having swelling in his knee 4 weeks after an injury. This is not good. It sound like something is structurally wrong with his knee that the coaching staff is hiding. On that first quarter bomb eli through to him he was not able to elevate well. Also the Giants starting the negotiations with cruz says a lot here. I think nicks will make it through the season but is going to have surgery right after it ends. I think Randle, barden, or hixon is going to have to step up and be a #2 option. N

Hessian
11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Swelling and structure don't ring a bell to me. Then again I am not a doctor. MRI's would cover the ligiments and bones and muscles and fatty tissue and... I think he just isn't 100% and the Gmen depend on him so much that he will never be this season. You know as well as I that doesn't mean he cannot compete.

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I think when healthy he is a top 5 WR or at least in the conversation. He is not the same player this year because he is not healthy. I think the knee is a bigger deal than he or the team or the fans want to admit. I think the foot is fine. He lit up Tampa for just under 200 yards receiving with his foot being sore. I think they should sit him for at least a month. Lol. Watch he has a career game this week.

Rudyy
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope he sits and gets healthier. I would hate to lose him for the rest of the year due to injury.

Buddy333
11-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah I mean he keeps saying its getting better but he has been invisible. Sit him this week and the team needs to fight hard for the win. Split the next two games and that makes them 8-4. I don't think they match up well against the Saints. I'd rather him sit out that game as well but they would probably play him because they wold try to win the game of course. Maybe that could be the game where he shakes some rust and with the team at 8-5 they can make their run.

NorwoodBlue
11-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Hakeem should be held out of this game, and given two full weeks of rest. Let him come back after the bye week if he's showing signs of improvement, Right now he's hurting the team. Hixon, Barden or Randle could all be more effective.

Cloud57
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
if he's doesn't get fully healthy we won't go far in the playoffs

Nicks > Hixon+Barden+Randle

Rudyy
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM

Nicks > Hixon+Barden+RandleI don't necessarily believe that.

B&RWarrior
11-10-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't necessarily believe that.

Nicks is very important. Nicks or Cruz not being fully healthy changes what we can do on offense tremendously.

JJC7301
11-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Doesn't sound good at all. He'll never be 100% this season at all. I hope that he doesn't do permanent damage trying to play on it.

bearbryant
11-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Sit 'em ... Next man up!

BeatYale
11-10-2012, 02:12 AM

Sure...when he's healthy. When he's not healthy he's just a liability on the field. Outside of the TB game, the most amount of yards he's had in a game is 53. That's horrible yardage for a starting WR.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Nicks is very important. Nicks or Cruz not being fully healthy changes what we can do on offense tremendously.I think we have enough talent on this team to still move on. That is, if we utilize that talent.

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Sit him and give a few weeks to really get healthy...

RoanokeFan
11-10-2012, 07:26 AM

I disagree. We are the "next man up" success story and while I'm not a particular fan of Barden, we have a good group of receivers who have stepped up in the past. More concerning should be the "Eli's arm being tired" story now bubbling to the surface.

RoanokeFan
11-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Nicks is very important. Nicks or Cruz not being fully healthy changes what we can do on offense tremendously.

While that's true, it's not a fatal flaw

foosball
11-10-2012, 07:41 AM
He's getting better each week. He just needs to be better by the end of the year. That's all.

BParcells777
11-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I just does not look like our year right now.

Nicks, the Bradshaw stubbornness, putting Deihl in to replace Locklear, Blackburn going down

It all adds up to a team on the edge.........could rebound but it looks awfully bad right now

JPizzack
11-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Everytime i see "I have a bad feeling about...", I just immediately think it's a post by Giggles. lol

appodictic
11-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Yea its like so sad, the giants do not come out sharp in the TB game and they have to mount a comback, in the mean time injuring one of there keys guys. If only they had come to ball early on and put the game away. I really think nicks is in trouble. Football is a rough game but based on the fact that he is not making many catches he cant be getting tackled much, so he is essentially having a knee swell up just from running around. :(

Chris Christie
11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Everytime i see "I have a bad feeling about...", I just immediately think it's a post by Giggles. lol

Haha me too! Or an Abby Manning thread. Lol

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Haha me too! Or an Abby Manning thread. LolI miss Abby, she's banned.

Chris Christie
11-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I think if he's not 100% it's not even worth putting him in, I'd go with Hixon as #2 at least for Bengals game, then reevaluate him for the next game.

Chris Christie
11-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I miss Abby, she's banned.

Why did she/he get banned? Those threads were pretty funny. Probably pushed the envelope too far I guess.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Why did she/he get banned? Those threads were pretty funny. Probably pushed the envelope too far I guess.I have no idea. The threads were actually not that bad, but I guess they thought he/she was being a troll.

Antwuan
11-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Good thing the bye is coming up because Nicks is going to need it.

NewCoachPlz
11-11-2012, 12:01 PM
When he missed games we did well. Who is hurting who? Let him sit and let the others step up. He could have been a lot better if the coaching staff give his knee more rest. I don't hear he doesn't practice. Does anyone hear this?

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Big game for Nicks, come on, he's well overdue.

Diamondring
11-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Big game for Nicks, come on, he's well overdue.But is he healthy?

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
But is he healthy?
He reckons he is (healthier, at least), we'll just have to wait to find out.

Diamondring
11-11-2012, 01:08 PM
He reckons he is (healthier, at least), we'll just have to wait to find out.If he is healthy, then what you have said could come true hooo.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Nicks is very important. Nicks or Cruz not being fully healthy changes what we can do on offense tremendously.^This, We need him to sit atleast 2 weeks. Bring him back after the bye week.

We have a very tough schedule starting with GB after the break. We will need all hands on the field 100% healthy if we intend on making another run. Please sit him today and let the others cover for him.