PDA

View Full Version : Ernie Accorsi to consult with Carolina Panthers in search for new GM

Toadofsteel
11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
The Carolina Panthers have taken a firm first step in their search for a new general manager.

Joe Person of The Charlotte Observer reported Friday the Panthers have hired former New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi to serve as a consultant in the search for Marty Hurney's replacement.

Accorsi, 71, will begin immediately. He is not in consideration for the general manager job.

From NFLShop.com:
Cam Newton gear.

"I have a very high regard for Mr. Richardson and look forward to providing any help that I can to him and the organization in their search for a new general manager," Accorsi said in a statement, via the Observer.

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092355/article/ernie-accorsi-hired-by-carolina-panthers-as-consultant)

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Kind of odd that they hire a consultant to find a GM. They must not trust themselves to find one.

JJC7301
11-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh no, I would be shocked if we didn't lose Ross (Reese's right hand man) to the Panthers. I believe that he's our talent evaluator and runs our draft. His name was associated with the Bears FO last season, but they'd didn't go with him.

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Kind of odd that they hire a consultant to find a GM. They must not trust themselves to find one.

Didn't they fire their GM and now have Accorsi filling in, after all Ernie was a Solid GM for a long time.

Rat_bastich
11-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Didn't they fire their GM and now have Accorsi filling in, after all Ernie was a Solid GM for a long time.

From what I'm reading the he isn't assuming any of the GM responsibilities, duties or decision making abilities, just being used as a consultant to find another GM.

BlueMetal 40
11-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Hiring a talent evaluator to find a talent evaluator... Nice!

GameTime
11-10-2012, 09:08 AM

Great bosses/owners higher people who know more then they do and can get the job done.....

SweetZombieJesus
11-10-2012, 09:19 AM

Did you know that George Young was pretty much forced on us by the NFL?

Sometimes a franchise needs outside help when they're lost in the weeds.

Toadofsteel
11-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Hiring a talent evaluator to find a talent evaluator... Nice!

Yo dawg, I herd you liek talent, so we got an evaluator for your evaluator so you can evaluate while you evaluate

http://i.imgflip.com/26hg.jpg

BlueBlooded1979
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ross go there. I see a bunch of GM turnover this offseason so the Panthers are smart to get a head start. I thought Carolina was going to bring back Polian when Hurney was cut loose mid season.