PDA

View Full Version : Video montage of Herzlichs game

Neverend
11-10-2012, 11:30 AM
not sure if posted here, didnt see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmCSKuOV1V0

Tmurda1984
11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Anyone who tried to convince me that Herzlich was better than Blackburn should be hiding under a rock somwhere. This was the WORST performance I have seen in a middle linebacker. I still dont see where he's a better athlete than Blackburn as well....He couldnt cover a slow Heath Evans and Cothery made him look silly. This dude is a complete joke, dont ever try to debate this with me again....I TOLD THESE PEOPLE THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN! I seen posts where people thought Blackburn's injury was a blessing in disguise. Well How did yall Like that performance?!? It even left OUR COACH CALLING THIS DEFENSE "SOFT"....I was sooo god damn angry after watching this game. The nerve of you fans talking about Blackburn that way.....Blackburn is such a professional to play hard and win superbowls for these idiots out here. AND REESE ALMOST DIDNT RESIGN BLACKBURN...LOL, was Reese expecting Herzlich to fill the role. What an idiot for a GM.

appodictic
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Looks like a combination of corey websters first season and Antonio pierces last season.

GMENAGAIN
11-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Tough to watch. Zero impact plays.

GMENAGAIN
11-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Anyone who tried to convince me that Herzlich was better than Blackburn should be hiding under a rock somwhere. This was the WORST performance I have seen in a middle linebacker. I still dont see where he's a better athlete than Blackburn as well....He couldnt cover a slow Heath Evans and Cothery made him look silly. This dude is a complete joke, dont ever try to debate this with me again....I TOLD THESE PEOPLE THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN! I seen posts where people thought Blackburn's injury was a blessing in disguise. Well How did yall Like that performance?!? It even left OUR COACH CALLING THIS DEFENSE "SOFT"....I was sooo god damn angry after watching this game. The nerve of you fans talking about Blackburn that way.....Blackburn is such a professional to play hard and win superbowls for these idiots out here. AND REESE ALMOST DIDNT RESIGN BLACKBURN...LOL, was Reese expecting Herzlich to fill the role. What an idiot for a GM.

Actually, this looks very much like most of Chase's games, except that he will usually manage at least one or 2 impact plays (an INT, forced fumble, etc.)

appodictic
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Actually, this looks very much like most of Chase's games, except that he will usually manage at least one or 2 impact plays (an INT, forced fumble, etc.) No way. You rarely see a team completely dedicated to attacking chase Blackburn. The entire playbook here was run at Herzlich throw at Herzlich. Chase can cover people he has good trail technique he knows how to get in throwing lanes, that is how he makes those "impact" plays he puts himself in a position to make them where Herzlich puts him self in a position to NOT make them.

npd4432
11-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Not to mention Blackburns excellent special teams play. The giants did give up a few big returns against the steelers.

stormblue
11-10-2012, 12:45 PM
well that was 20 plays .....where's the other 50 plays.
are we just gonna show the bad ones.
where are his 5 tacles and 3 assists ? cuz he did have 5 tackles and 3 assists
believe it or not ; Blackburn averages only 4.25 tackles and 1/2 of an assist per game.
that's right , in 8 starts Blackburn has only 34 tackles and 9 assists.
you people act like we've gone from Singletary to Hertz.........NOT !!!

the truth is we have gone from the leagues 4th WORST rated ILB to one of the league's most inexperienced.
that's right 47th out of 51.......

nycisgreat
11-10-2012, 01:01 PM
not sure if posted here, didnt see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmCSKuOV1V0

The plays at 56 secs and 1 min 34 secs sums up his horrible game.

nycisgreat
11-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Actually, this looks very much like most of Chase's games, except that he will usually manage at least one or 2 impact plays (an INT, forced fumble, etc.)

Lol, I would have to disagree. Herz isn't playing any different from last season. He sucked then and he sucks now. I hope he could right his on ship. For the teams sake.

Atomic1
11-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Blackburns experience is priceless and I've been a big supporter of Blackie on here as His intellegence and leadership is what was missing with Herz but let's remember this was Herz's first real start. The Steelers went right after Herz. which was smart on their part and some of Herz's indecision and angles were obvious rookie mistakes.
As for Blackie , as I've said before he isn't the quickest or strongest but he is always around the ball making plays and when opposing teams try to go after him he usually causes a fumble or Int. . Just look at the Giants record with Blackie starting and that's all you need to know !

appodictic
11-10-2012, 01:09 PM
well that was 20 plays .....where's the other 50 plays.
are we just gonna show the bad ones.
where are his 5 tacles and 3 assists ? cuz he did have 5 tackles and 3 assists
believe it or not ; Blackburn averages only 4.25 tackles and 1/2 of an assist per game.
that's right , in 8 starts Blackburn has only 34 tackles and 9 assists.
you people act like we've gone from Singletary to Hertz.........NOT !!!

the truth is we have gone from the leagues 4th WORST rated ILB to one of the league's most inexperienced.
that's right 47th out of 51.......

I heard about this rating and I am not buying it. Either way the other 4 from 48-51 probably play on the giants.

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I felt like I was watching Schoolhouse Rock.

nycisgreat
11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Blackburns experience is priceless and I've been a big supporter of Blackie on here as His intellegence and leadership is what was missing with Herz but let's remember this was Herz's first real start. The Steelers went right after Herz. which was smart on their part and some of Herz's indecision and angles were obvious rookie mistakes.
As for Blackie , as I've said before he isn't the quickest or strongest but he is always around the ball making plays and when opposing teams try to go after him he usually causes a fumble or Int. . Just look at the Giants record with Blackie starting and that's all you need to know !

Herz play last season, and I am pretty sure he started a couple of games. He isn't playing any differently now. I believe if he played well season, Blackburn would've have never been signed.

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Until he finds a very good middle linebacker, Jerry Reese will never get more than a B+ grade IMHO.

I can't think of one thing that is missing more....and every year, the same draft day neglect.

I love Chase....but the dude isn't disruptive......AT ALL.

Herzlich simply doesn't have the experience right now....and frankly, physically, not sure if he's returned to his pre-illness form.

Trust me, I like Chase and Herz....don't like ragging on either of them.

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Kid needs to learn how to shed blockers and wrap up when he does get penetration. That was a terrible performance....

Rivers at MLB anyone!

embeshAtYa
11-10-2012, 01:56 PM
wow. absolutely lost out there. No feel for anything. Painfull to watch

DownWitJPP
11-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Herz play last season, and I am pretty sure he started a couple of games. He isn't playing any differently now. I believe if he played well season, Blackburn would've have never been signed.

Blackburn was signed out of necessity last season, Herz broke his ankle and we had no other MLB besides Jones who really sucked. He had a really bad game against Pitt I agree with you guys, but to totally write the kid off after one start isn't right.

and for those of you acting like Blackburn is now Patrick Willis is down right comical. He is an ok MLB...nothing more nothing less

Neverend
11-10-2012, 02:25 PM
I hope some that are freaking out watched the entire video. he looked bad early but settled in as the game progressed

im not sure who "heath evans" is but if you mean heath miller, herzlich wasnt covering miller on the play... and he wasnt covering cotchery either. he just made the tackles after hosley screwed up

i think both herzlich and blackburn arent the answer, with blackburn being better because as already said.. he makes good plays along with the bad

DaKraken
11-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Brutal

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-10-2012, 03:01 PM
well,,once again all of the football geniuses in here know better than the pros. give the kid some time to get acclimated to starting,,same thing was said about prince,,how you like him now? not saying herz will pan out, but one game? c'mon man.

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Kid needs to learn how to shed blockers and wrap up when he does get penetration. That was a terrible performance....

Rivers at MLB anyone!

I think Rivers could be an option. I suppose it depends how comfortable he is with the scheme.

joemorrisforprez
11-10-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm watching Rutgers right now, and Khaseem Greene is putting on a linebacking clinic against Army....I think he's got over 20 tackles.

I realize it's a complete pipe dream, but I'd love to see him on the Giants next year. Given how the front office likes to dumpster dive for the position, I'm not expecting anything.

Regardless, the guy shows how a dominant linebacker can propel a defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9EJoH_WfHc

GMENAGAIN
11-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Lol, I would have to disagree. Herz isn't playing any different from last season. He sucked then and he sucks now. I hope he could right his on ship. For the teams sake.

Never said that Herz played well, because he didn't . . . .

CowboysSuck
11-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Herzlich played like a lost puppy. Is he really starting this Sunday? Is Diehl starting also?

Wow, is this some sort of sick joke?

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:52 PM
That was brutal to watch.Man I hope he can get better. He couldn't shed blocks, he was getting pushed back and manhandled, took the wrong angles, was out of position. Rough game for Herz. I feel bad for the kid.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Herzlich played like a lost puppy. Is he really starting this Sunday? Is Diehl starting also?

Wow, is this some sort of sick joke?DD is staring, I think Blackburn might play. I thought I also seen something that Rivers might play also.

Roosevelt
11-10-2012, 07:58 PM
That was brutal to watch.Man I hope he can get better. He couldn't shed blocks, he was getting pushed back and manhandled, took the wrong angles, was out of position. Rough game for Herz. I feel bad for the kid.

Don't forget, everything Herz was taught to do came from his coaches. Hopefully you can grasp that.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Don't forget, everything Herz was taught to do came from his coaches. Hopefully you can grasp that. Oh yeah I grasp that your an idiot that couldn't grasp what 420 was saying...lol what bro you mad cause 5 people had to explain it to you. When even our coaches have said it too. lol...loser.

Roosevelt
11-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah I grasp that your an idiot that couldn't grasp what 420 was saying...lol what bro you mad cause 5 people had to explain it to you. When even our coaches have said it too. lol...loser.

You grasping what I couldn't grasp bro? Bro, like 2 of you equals 5 bro.

Grow up punk.

If you want to discuss this in person let me know.

EnragedYouth85
11-10-2012, 08:26 PM
You grasping what I couldn't grasp bro? Bro, like 2 of you equals 5 bro.

Grow up punk.

If you want to discuss this in person let me know.

lol, **** just got real!

Rat_bastich
11-10-2012, 08:36 PM
well,,once again all of the football geniuses in here know better than the pros. give the kid some time to get acclimated to starting,,same thing was said about prince,,how you like him now? not saying herz will pan out, but one game? c'mon man.

QFT. It wasn't long ago that Prince was the focus of disdain. My what a couple of weeks in the starting role will do.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?22914-Don-t-Look-Now-But-Prince-Amukamara-Rated-As-One-Of-NFL-s-best-CBs

YATittle1962
11-10-2012, 08:39 PM
thats just about enough of this thread

:)

lets keep it civil gentlemen

thank you