PDA

View Full Version : "Slumping" Giants Ready For Bounce-Back Game

RoanokeFan
11-10-2012, 12:46 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/11/slumping-giants-ready-for-bounce-back-game

Excerpt: "THE GAME: The defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants (6-3) vs. the Cincinnati Bengals (3-5), 1 p.m. ET at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati.

THE WEATHER: There is snow on my lawn as I type this, so pardon me while I bang my head into the wall now that I know it should be near 70 at kickoff on Sunday. Sure. Why not? Hurricanes. Snow storms. And now spring/summer temperatures again. Bring it on, Mother Nature. … The forecast calls for a high of 68 and lots of sun, but with winds steady at 15-25 miles per hour.

WHAT IT MEANS: Everything, because Giants fans everywhere have their finger on the panic button. Seriously, they’ve lost one game in a row but … THEY’RE DOOMED!!!! … OK, maybe not, but the Giants are right when they say it’ll feel a whole lot different for them to go into the bye at 7-3 than 6-4, especially since they’re usually pretty terrible coming out of the bye. … For the Bengals, they’ve lost four in a row. They need to stop the bleeding or start looking to next year.

MATCHUP TO WATCH: Bengals WR A.J. Green vs. Giants S Antrel Rolle. This may be a non-traditional matchup, but it was spiced up this week when Green took a poke at the “holes” on the Giants’ defense and Rolle basically threatened to take his head off (legally, I’m sure) on the field. The truth is, Rolle may be key in stopping Green, who is the Bengals’ most dangerous weapon. It’s doubtful the Giants will try much one on one coverage against him, which means the safeties will be shading to his side a lot. When Rolle gets his chance, watch out for either the big hit or for him to miss big and give up a big play. Whatever happens, stopping Green is important because the Giants’ offense has struggled so much lately it might not be advisable to get into a shootout." Read more...

EnragedYouth85
11-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I hope to god we can put more than 1 offensive TD on the board. I know Tynes is a great kicker but I'd rather get 7 instead of 3 all the time!

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 01:00 PM
I hope to god we can put more than 1 offensive TD on the board. I know Tynes is a great kicker but I'd rather get 7 instead of 3 all the time!This

Captain Chaos
11-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm looking for a solid game from the G'men tomorrow!

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 02:58 PM
For once instead of running the ball into the endzone I would love to see Eli get a passing td. All year he has had opportunities taken away.

Eli= 12td's 9 ints....smh

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 02:59 PM
For once instead of running the ball into the endzone I would love to see Eli get a passing td. All year he has had opportunities taken away.

Eli= 12td's 9 ints....smhI'm sure Eli doesn't care about passing TD's but just getting TD's anyway he can

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm sure Eli doesn't care about passing TD's but just getting TD's anyway he canI'm pretty sure he does he hasn't had one since Washington. He's one of the Elite qb's...he's on pace for 22 td's passing.I'll take td's anyway we can get it but I mean on pace for 22. That is not good. I had him getting at least 30.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure he does he hasn't had one since Washington. He's one of the Elite qb's...he's on pace for 22 td's passing.I'll take td's anyway we can get it but I mean on pace for 22. That is not good. I had him getting at least 30.That's not Eli's preference. Eli doesn't care about what he's on pace for he cares about winning games, not getting 30 touchdowns. Those are fans expectations, not his.

ashleymarie
11-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Eli will be looking for a WIN foremost. Going into the bye with a 7-3 should be an inspiration to the whole team, including coaches.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:12 PM
That's not Eli's preference. Eli doesn't care about what he's on pace for he cares about winning games, not getting 30 touchdowns. Those are fans expectations, not his.So your telling me Eli doesn't set those kinds of expectations for himself??That he is fine with just rushing the ball in for TD majority of the time(and that hasn't been going great either). They maybe fan expectations but I'm pretty sure he has a number in mind and it's not 22 or 12 through 9 games...with the weapons they have.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:15 PM
So your telling me Eli doesn't set those kinds of expectations for himself??That he is fine with just rushing the ball in for TD majority of the time. They maybe fan expectations but I'm pretty sure he has a number in mind and it's not 22 or 12 through 9 games...with the weapons they have.Eli doesn't care about statistics, he said so himself. Would it be nice for him to get 30 touchdowns? of course, I'm sure he'd be happy but he'd be happy with 22 touchdowns and a SB victory.

And what's wrong with a rushing TD? it's a TOUCHDOWN, you think he's on the sidelines pouting because it wasn't accredited to him? lol ok.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Eli doesn't care about statistics, he said so himself. Would it be nice for him to get 30 touchdowns? of course, I'm sure he'd be happy but he'd be happy with 22 touchdowns and a SB victory.

And what's wrong with a rushing TD? it's a TOUCHDOWN, you think he's on the sidelines pouting because it wasn't accredited to him? lol ok.Look Ruddy no need to get all crazy about this...if he doesn't care about statistics then why are they looking for ways to get them in the endzone and their passing game to get back on track. That should tell you right there they are not happy with his numbers as of lately. I know Eli cares about winning first and he isn't a me player but if you think for one second he is happy with 12 td's and 9 ints. then I don't know what to tell you.I mean christ man you take everthing to heart alI said is that I would like to seem him throw for a td and you start spewing this crap about all Eli cares about is wins and stuff.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:24 PM
I never said there was ANYTHING wrong with a rushing TD but for 3 games this team hasn't gotten a td through the air and you won't win games by not getting them through the air. Especially when we consistently get in the 5 yard line and get stopped for fg's when we should be throwing it in there cause our rushing has shown that they are struggling.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:26 PM
I never said there was ANYTHING wrong with a rushing TD but for 3 games this team hasn't gotten a td through the air and you won't win games by not getting them through the air.Well again, it's more than just Eli and that's a totally different situation.

All I'm saying is, if you have a chance to get any touchdown whether it's passing or on the ground, go for it.

ashleymarie
11-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I equate Eli's thinking on statistics as Lincoln's thinking on a penny. Take care of your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. Most of the time Eli seems oblivious to his stats. He appears to me as one who wants to put together a well-oiled machine for winning purposes.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I equate Eli's thinking on statistics as Lincoln's thinking on a penny. Take care of your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. Most of the time Eli seems oblivious to his stats. He appears to me as one who wants to put together a well-oiled machine for winning purposes.Once again I never said stats are all he cares about but I can bet you anything he is not happy with them as late. Of course he wants to win first. But I'm also sure he wants to throw a couple in there. After all he is a quaterback and what quaterback doesn't.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Once again I never said stats are all he cares about but I can bet you anything he is not happy with them as late. Of course he wants to win first but I'm also sure he wants to throw a couple in there after all he is a quaterback and what quaterback doesn't.Well maybe he does, maybe he doesn't who knows. All I know is Eli has stated numerous times he doesn't care about statistics.

I'll tell you with what Eli isn't happy about.
Eli isn't happy with the entire offense not making plays, not him getting offensive touchdowns.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Well again, it's more than just Eli and that's a totally different situation.

All I'm saying is, if you have a chance to get any touchdown whether it's passing or on the ground, go for it. Well thanks for pointing out the obvious...:)

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah stats!

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Well thanks for pointing out the obvious...:)I'm only pointing out the obvious because you don't seem to get it.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Well maybe he does, maybe he doesn't who knows. All I know is Eli has stated numerous times he doesn't care about statistics.

I'll tell you with what Eli isn't happy about.
Eli isn't happy with the entire offense not making plays, not him getting offensive touchdowns.Cause him not getting TD's has nothing to do with the offense right??

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Cause him not getting TD's has nothing to do with the offense right??This isn't that hard.

Eli being concerned with the offense and him scoring passing TD's are two separate things.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm only pointing out the obvious because you don't seem to get it.Oh I get it you take a rushing td no matter what and you would like to see them get in the endzone no matter what. But it's a crime for me to say I want to see a passing TD and to point out Eli stats. Yep I get it Ruddy your the only logical,real poster on here.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:44 PM
This isn't that hard.

Eli being concerned with the offense and him scoring passing TD's are two separate things.No, it's really not Ruddy, passing TD's are apart of the offense. They can run it in too I get it.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:45 PM
No, it's really not Ruddy, passing TD's are apart of the offense. They can run it in too I get it.Ok so what's the big deal?
If Eli doesn't get any passing TD's because we are getting rushing TD's that's not a problem lol.

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 03:46 PM
What did Nicks say again about stats?

ashleymarie
11-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Once again I never said stats are all he cares about but I can bet you anything he is not happy with them as late. Of course he wants to win first. But I'm also sure he wants to throw a couple in there. After all he is a quaterback and what quaterback doesn't.

Eli has never tried to "look good on paper". That is all I am trying to say, and doing a poor job of it apparently. Peace.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:47 PM
What did Nicks say again about stats?Thank you.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Oh I get it you take a rushing td no matter what and you would like to see them get in the endzone no matter what. But it's a crime for me to say I want to see a passing TD and to point out Eli stats. Yep I get it Ruddy your the only logical,real poster on here.Um, you're making it seem like Eli is frustrated because he doesn't have as many TD passes YOU would like him to have.

And I never said you take a rushing TD no matter what. I said you take the TD whether it's passing or running, if you can't get a passing TD get a rushing TD.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Please show where I said that Eli only cares about his stats and not the whole offense getting back on track?? To me getting the offense back on track involves him throwing for TD's, running for TD's, and throwing for yards and running for yards. I get it but you guys are seriously taking this the wrong way. It's really funny if you ask me. Once again all I did is point out that he hasn't thrown a td in 3 GAMES and I'm sure he wants to throw one...while pointing out his stats. You guys took it as me saying all Eli cares about is his stats. Man I'm starting to think MS was right you cannot point out anything negative about Eli in the slightest.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Please show where I said that Eli only cares about his stats and not the whole offense getting back on track?? To me getting the offense back on track involves him throwing for TD's, running for TD's, and throwing for yards and running for TD's. I get it but you guys are seriously taking this the wrong way. It's really funny if you ask me. Once agin all I did is point out that he hasn't thrown a td in 3 GAMES and I'm sure he wants to throw one...while pointing out his stats. You guys took it as me saying all Eli cares about is his stats. Man I'm starting to think MS was right you cannot point out anything negative about Eli in the slightest.Lol whatever you say..

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Doesn't Eli have a say in those plays they call in the red zone?

ashleymarie
11-10-2012, 03:52 PM
What did Nicks say again about stats?

They are like cottoncandy in the mouth.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Doesn't Eli have a say in those plays they call in the red zone?He does indeed.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Um, you're making it seem like Eli is frustrated because he doesn't have as many TD passes YOU would like him to have.

And I never said you take a rushing TD no matter what. I said you take the TD whether it's passing or running, if you can't get a passing TD get a rushing TD. Wrong once again I said I'm sure he is mad cause he hasn't THROWN A TD IN 3 GAMES RUDDY!!! But keep thinking that way I never said anything about Eli only caring about his stats. I know he cares about the whole entire offense doesn't mean that he is happy with his play as of late either and his stats would show that. I knew I should've never posted that. You win Ruddy you are the most logical, thoughtful,right poster I have ever meet. Jesus man you need to relax.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Wrong once again I said I'm sure he is mad cause he hasn't THROWN A TD IN 3 GAMES RUDDY!!! But keep thinking that way I never said anything about Eli only caring about his stats. I know he cares about the whole entire offense doesn't mean that he isn't happy with his play as of late either and his stats would show that. I knew I should've never posted that. You win Ruddy you are the most logical, thoughtful,right poster I have ever meet. Jesus man you need to relax.Rudy*

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Doesn't Eli have a say in those plays they call in the red zone? What's your point Buddy your just mad cause your the most negative person on this board and I get it. Why don't you tell us how the Giants are going to lose this weekend.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 03:57 PM
What's your point Buddy your just mad cause your the most negative person on this board and I get it. Why don't you tell us how the Giants are going to lose this weekend.Why are you getting mad at everyone lol

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Rudy*aww did I hit a nerve now you attack my spelling...lol. It always happens when another poster gets their feeling hurt. Your right RUDY. Sorry that I ever questioned Eli's commitment to the team, even though I never really did.

ashleymarie
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
. Man I'm starting to think MS was right you cannot point out anything negative about Eli in the slightest.

Tis true. We may not take Eli's name in vain. :)

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
aww did I hit a nerve now you attack my spelling...lol. It always happens when another poster gets their feeling hurt. Your right RUDY. Sorry that I ever questioned Eli's commitment to the team, even though I never really did.You didn't hit a nerve, you're just incorrectly spelling my name.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Why are you getting mad at everyone lolI'm not you were the one that started spewing crap about Eli wanting to win and not caring how td's are scored just to shoot down my opinion. I should've known you can't win a arguement with a woman. I'll stop right there lol.

Rudyy
11-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm not you were the one that started spewing crap about Eli wanting to win and not caring how td's are scored just to shoot down my opinion. I should've known you can't win a arguement with a woman. I'll stop right there lol.Low blow, but I'll take it.

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 04:17 PM
What's your point Buddy your just mad cause your the most negative person on this board and I get it. Why don't you tell us how the Giants are going to lose this weekend.What did I say that was negative and what does that have to do wit stats being not that important?

giantsfan420
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
yeah by now i think elis made it perfectly clear he doesnt care how, ugly or not...just get touchdowns. and hes played like that. and we've won a whole lot of games.
if it really bothered eli, he could just check into a pass or sabatoge the run attempt but he's checking into whatever play gets us a score. i wont lie, the small part of me thats into ff does wish we'd throw it from the 1 esp when its the pass game that got us there but i can admit thats just moronic thinking on my part

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:24 PM
LOL..it's so funny you guys are taking what I'm saying totally out wack. Did I ever say Eli wants the running game not to work so he can get more TD's? No, I said he can't be happy with his play right now. Why cause his stats would determine that. Eli is a perfectionist I know he wants to get a TD anyway they can but I also know for his confidence sake that he would like to get a couple passing TD's. But whatever...you guys make me laugh. I know the guy wants to win and like I said before you cannot do that without throwing for TD's too.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
We cannot make it to the SB if he doesn't start to throw a lot more yards then he has been or TD'S.

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Why? What do stats have to do with it? If they starting running the ball well again and Eli only had 200 yards a game and maybe 1 TD but they where winning why would be care? If they where scoring 2 TD's running and one passing a game why would Eli care or why couldn't they win with that? Lol. Stats!

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:33 PM
What did I say that was negative and what does that have to do wit stats being not that important? I not even going to bring up all the times Buddy it's just not worth it. I think stats are important (some of them) especially it is your QB. If Eli isn't throwing TD's and for yards your telling me that doesn't matter. He's the most important piece to the team. Your telling me stats don't matter for Bradshaw?? Whether we like to admit it or not stats do matter they tell how good our offense defense and special teams are doing. That's just me if you don't agree fine. Your telling me if Eli throws for 150 yards 0td's and 2 ints. tomorrow that those stats won't matter to the outcome of the game?

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Why? What do stats have to do with it? If they starting running the ball well again and Eli only had 200 yards a game and maybe 1 TD but they where winning why would be care? If they where scoring 2 TD's running and one passing a game why would Eli care or why couldn't they win with that? Lol. Stats! That's the whole thing you have said numerous amount of times our running game sucks that is not the strength of our team anymore Buddy. You really think Bradshaw is going to give us 150 and 3td's tomorrow or do we have a better chance with Eli throwing for 300 yards and 3td's. I don't care how we win either all I said it would be nice to see Eli throw for a td cause we are going to need it tomorrow. You can only run it in so many times before the defense catches on. How many times when we are on the 5 yard line a cannot punch it in? Cause will will go with 2 run plays for 0 yards. Then throw a fade to the back of the endzone and miss?

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Stats are great for fantasy football.

TextureDj
11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
No, you are!

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:48 PM
No, you are!lol...good one :)

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Stats are great for fantasy football.oh I like it mr. positive all of a sudden. :)

Roosevelt
11-10-2012, 07:52 PM
yeah by now i think elis made it perfectly clear he doesnt care how, ugly or not...just get touchdowns. and hes played like that. and we've won a whole lot of games.
if it really bothered eli, he could just check into a pass or sabatoge the run attempt but he's checking into whatever play gets us a score. i wont lie, the small part of me thats into ff does wish we'd throw it from the 1 esp when its the pass game that got us there but i can admit thats just moronic thinking on my part

Now how can he do that when KG is pulling his strings?

But I digress. Gotta love kids worrying about style points; you know - the real important stuff.

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I think I offended a couple fantasy football owners.

Roosevelt
11-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I think I offended a couple fantasy football owners.

And you're upset by that?

Laurah1275
11-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm getting flashbacks of Michael J. Fox in Teen Wolf, the ball hog who had to have all points attributed to him alone......a TD is a TD is a TD....I'll take them however they come, and so would Eli...........LET'S GO GIANTS! :)

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I think I offended a couple fantasy football owners.Wow your on a roll Buddy keep it up....

Roosevelt
11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm getting flashbacks of Michael J. Fox in Teen Wolf, the ball hog who had to have all points attributed to him alone......a TD is a TD is a TD....I'll take them however they come, and so would Eli...........LET'S GO GIANTS! :)

Great point lol.

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey, even Nicks made a comment about stats. They are not the tell all of sports unless you are into fantasy football. So I guess hearing that makes fantasy football fans upset.

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey, even Nicks made a comment about stats. They are not the tell all of sports unless you are into fantasy football. So I guess hearing that makes fantasy football fans upset. Yeah, yeah I remember that stats are for girls right....let's see if he says that when his contract is up.

Buddy333
11-10-2012, 08:18 PM
So your saying Nicks cares more about stats so he can get a bigger contact?

Eliscruzzz
11-10-2012, 11:37 PM
So your saying Nicks cares more about stats so he can get a bigger contact?Yes, there's this thing called negotiating tactics and this would be one of them. Your telling me Nicks is not going to bring up the playoff run he had...or having over 3000 yards and over 20 td's in his first three seasons?

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Yes, there's this thing called negotiating tactics and this would be one of them. Your telling me Nicks is not going to bring up the playoff run he had...or having over 3000 yards and over 20 td's in his first three seasons?I think he is indeed telling you that sir.

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 12:28 AM
I think he is indeed telling you that sir.`Wow, really is that what he is telling me lol. Did you ever hear about making a point by asking someone a question kinda like he did with me? God can't wait for this game tomorrow.

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 12:36 AM
I should've known you can't win a arguement with a woman. I'll stop right there lol.Well dang......

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Well dang......I know I felt bad after I said it....;)

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 12:44 AM
I know I felt bad after I said it....;)lol I don't care. I'm always insulting Rudy. :p

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 01:40 AM
I don't care either lol, it's the internet.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 01:41 AM
lol I don't care. I'm always insulting Rudy. :pYou couldn't insult me even if your life depended on it lmao

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 01:42 AM
You couldn't insult me even if your life depended on it lmaoI think I might have struck a nerve. :popcorn:

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 01:44 AM
I think I might have struck a nerve. :popcorn:Isn't it past your bed time?

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Isn't it past your bed time?That all you got girl? :o

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 01:47 AM
That all you got girl? :oSure? Lol

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Sure? LolI have to admit these smileys are really creepy.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 01:51 AM
I have to admit these smileys are really creepy.Well you have something in common with them.

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Well you have something in common with them.Well you do know that I learned from the best!

Antwuan
11-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Go Giants!!!

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 07:13 AM
So Nicks only gives it his all because he wants a contract? It has nothing to do with being a competitor? Lol. Really, players want to make money? You can spin it all you want but stats are for fans to look at, have fun talking about them, be fantasy football owners and GM's. Then when they talk real football they sometimes confuse the two.