PDA

View Full Version : Doug Martin / D.Wilson.

giantcarll
11-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Seems as tho this guy is tearing up yards for TB.I know we could have taken him but I still would prefer D.Wilson.The only difference is right now Coughlin has no confidence in him which is understandable.I think once this guy gets his turn to start(probably after AB is gone) we will have a very dynamic rb.This guy is short and quick and will be hard to see him behind the line until he hits that second tier of defenders much like Morris was for the Giants.Doug Martin is good but I think Wilson will be better once giving the start.

rainierjef
11-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Why?!? why? did you open this door?

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 10:55 AM
It's really a moot point at this moment in time. Martin has been the starter all season, Wilson has had like 10 runs all year lol

Captain Chaos
11-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Here we go again, the horse is dead....

jomo
11-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Been there, been there, been there, done that, done that, done that..............................Groundhog Day!

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Been there, been there, been there, done that, done that, done that..............................Groundhog Day!

Good movie! :)

nycsportzfan
11-11-2012, 11:03 AM
just go post in the other martin and wilson threads if u want to talk about this.. We all ready got some good debates going in those ones.. I knew this thread would be just people being more frustrated in another martin/wilson thread then anything else...lol

Maybe the OP didn't realize we had those other threads though, so i'll cut em some slack..lol

giants8493
11-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I bet if David wilson had those carries he is getting in tampa bay he would be even more productive. START WILSON!!!!

jomo
11-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Good movie! :)I like that movie but this topic on the other hand........................

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I like that movie but this topic on the other hand........................

lol, i could watch the movie over and over again but this this, needs to not do that.

jomo
11-11-2012, 11:12 AM
lol, i could watch the movie over and over again but this this, needs to not do that.Did you say you could watch the movie OVER AND OVER? lol

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Did you say you could watch the movie OVER AND OVER? lol

lol, in reference to ground hogs day. The movie itself is good but not Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves or Braveheart good where I could watch that movie multiple times and still enjoy it.

gmen0820
11-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Guys it's Martin right now, and probably in the future. Martin's outlook for next year is challenging guys like Ray Rice and Arian Foster for top 5 status. Lets also not forget that his record breaking day vs Oakland came without TWO elite guards. He lost Davin Joseph before the season, and Carl Nicks just days before the Oakland game. He's a freaking monster.

gmen0820
11-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Why don't we still argue who is better between Demarco Murray, and Da'Rel Scott?

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I wonder if Wilson's success at returning kicks has actually contributed to his lack of offensive game-time?

Since he isn't really required at RB, perhaps Coughlin wants to keep him fresh for kickoffs?

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Love the location where Martin carries the ball....same location as Tiki. Even the peanut punch would have a hard time stripping it from there.

Tmurda1984
11-11-2012, 12:13 PM
This is what happens when your GM dont make any moves on draft day. Reese just sits there with no sense of urgency, its like he sits there hoping to get a guy high on his draft board. He even liked Rueben Randle and just sat there patiently to the end of round 2 lol. I bet Jerry Reese had Doug Martin high on his board too, but continued to sit and wait like he always does and this time someone snatched up his pick.

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 12:16 PM
This is what happens when your GM dont make any moves on draft day. Reese just sits there with no sense of urgency, its like he sits there hoping to get a guy high on his draft board. He even liked Rueben Randle and just sat there patiently to the end of round 2 lol. I bet Jerry Reese had Doug Martin high on his board too, but continued to sit and wait like he always does and this time someone snatched up his pick.

I guess you could have him give up all sorts of draft picks like they did to get Eli. The only thing is, then everyone would complain at how dumb he is for giving up so much for 1 guy. I get what your saying but no matter what, someone will complain about something..

B&RWarrior
11-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I think Tampa has a better run blocking O-line.

fletch842
11-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I guess you could have him give up all sorts of draft picks like they did to get Eli. The only thing is, then everyone would complain at how dumb he is for giving up so much for 1 guy. I get what your saying but no matter what, someone will complain about something..
JR you IMGRATE!!!!

Someone had to say it. :cool:

heavyhitter
11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Not to take anything away from Martin, but JR and Co. got exactly who they wanted in David Wilson.