PDA

View Full Version : Kiwanuk***

Shifty128
12-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Personally, he's one of my favorite players on the team. Always been a likable, team-first player, with a ton of talent.

My feeling right now is (and I'm by no means an expert) that we really could use him back at the DE position. Tuck is battered, Osi is out, Tolly is decent (like the guy, but best as a rotational player). As it is, JPP is our only productive DE.

We're terrible at LB - I don't think Kiwi is going to make or break that fact. So we might as well embrace the crappy LB corps and ensure we have a solid line with a pass-rush by plugging Kiwi back in there. I think we have a lot more to gain by having him in his natural position, than what we lose by moving him out of the LB spot.

Just curious how everyone else feels about this. Figured I'd make one of my first threads a partial attempt at changing the subject from gloom-and-doom to something less aggravating
(hopefully, though the fact we have to plug LB holes with DE's is a little irritating to begin with).

egyptian420
12-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure exactly how many times he was at DE yesterday but I seen him there many times. Him, Tuck, Tollefson, JPP all get rotated. Kiwi was getting good pressure too but unfortunately not enough to get a sack.

JacksGiant76
12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
I like him as a hybrid honestly but they don't play him as a 3 down LB'er so it feels like it's kind of waste having him at that position. I think Osi is traded before the draft this season and I think we could return Kiwi back to DE have a 4 man rotation with him, Tuck, JPP and Tolly. Of course that's IF we can get a decent LB to replace him. That seems to be a big IF, especially with the cap concern.

Shifty128
12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure exactly how many times he was at DE yesterday but I seen him there many times. Him, Tuck, Tollefson, JPP all get rotated. Kiwi was getting good pressure too but unfortunately not enough to get a sack.

I hadn't seen him there a whole ton. At least not yesterday, but there were plenty of other things I was watching/steaming over :)

I'd wager he'd be more productive when he's not switching in and out of position. I can't exactly wax poetic about the intricacies of the two positions, but I can't imagine it's easy for him swapping back and forth.

MikeSherrard
12-19-2011, 10:18 PM
this idea would make more a lot more sense if they anyone who was worth a sheet to play LB in his place!

JJC7301
12-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I like him as a hybrid honestly but they don't play him as a 3 down LB'er so it feels like it's kind of waste having him at that position. I think Osi is traded before the draft this season and I think we could return Kiwi back to DE have a 4 man rotation with him, Tuck, JPP and Tolly. Of course that's IF we can get a decent LB to replace him. That seems to be a big IF, especially with the cap concern.

Just put him back at DE and leave him there, already. He's never made an impact at LB. They've wasted what this guy has to offer for years trying to make room for 4 DEs. Trade Osi after this year and put Kiwi back at DE for the rest of his career. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they drafted a stud DE in the 1st round this year and traded Kiwi along with Osi. We need another DE who can play the run like JPP can and like Strahan used to.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 10:55 PM
I feel really bad for Kiwi....the year the Giants won it all, he broke his leg.</P>

I hope that one day, he gets to play undera good defensive coordinator that can utilize his many talents.</P>

KidA
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
I bet he would do great in a 3-4 system.

FishinTheSalt
12-20-2011, 12:03 AM
See my sig, nuff said

bearbryant
12-20-2011, 12:09 AM
I've always liked Kiwi, liked him as a rookie except for the Titan game! Kiwi does best as a DE in a 4-3 base system. Lets not start reinventing the wheel, OK. He should be kept as part of our base pack next year.

gmen0820
12-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I feel really bad for Kiwi....the year the Giants won it all, he broke his leg.</P>

I hope that one day, he gets to play under*a good defensive coordinator that can utilize his many talents.</P>He did, Spags. Full time DE.

DandyDon
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
this idea would make more a lot more sense if they anyone who was worth a sheet to play LB in his place!

I think he's more a DE. But yeah, we dont have much at LB this year, so thank god he is versitile.

I'm a big Kiwi fan.

Martyr
12-20-2011, 12:30 AM
I hope the FO resigns him

Vtgmenfan89
12-20-2011, 12:36 AM
He is one of my favorite players as well. Unfortunately our idiot of a D-coord would rather drop him in coverage and rush 3 using Tolly as a DT. I MEAN REALLY???? No disrespect to Tolly he's been great but you need beef in there if you're going to rush 3, which with this scheme that's never executed properly by the always confused secondary is just an awful idea just about anytime.

The d-line is the strength of this defense and half of it is on the sideline on 3rd and long. Pitiful

GiantWarfare
12-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Kiwi isn't truly cut out as a solid 4-3 LB despite him putting his all into it...in a 3-4 yea but in this system, he needs to have his hand in the dirt. He is a defensive end. End of story.

If we properly addressed our LB situation from the get-go, things would be so much better but no....Reese thinks LBs are overrated...

jomo
12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Kiwi isn't truly cut out as a solid 4-3 LB despite him putting his all into it...in a 3-4 yea but in this system, he needs to have his hand in the dirt. He is a defensive end. End of story.

If we properly addressed our LB situation from the get-go, things would be so much better but no....Reese thinks LBs are overrated...
Hey Reese</P>

Lawrence Taylor</P>

Harry Carson</P>

Brad VanPelt</P>

Carl Banks</P>

Gary Reasons</P>

Andy Headen</P>

Sam Huff</P>

Jesse Armstead</P>

etc</P>

NYGiants2120
12-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Yeah i would also like to see him back at De but who else is gonna play LBer?