PDA

View Full Version : Ware's catch to Greg Jennings catch

DEgiants89
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Could some explain how DJ Ware's TD was called back but Greg Jennings catch against the Giants wasn't? I feel like DJ Ware had more control over the goalline than greg jennings who eventually lost possession. I feel like we got stolen.

Drystt
12-19-2011, 10:57 PM
It's simple, the refs are Cowboys fans

fizzlestick
12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Jennings caught the ball, controlled it then Prince hit it and it came out after the play was over. Ware caught the ball as he was being contacted so he then must maintain control all the way to the ground, he didn't.

DEgiants89
12-20-2011, 01:32 AM
Jennings caught the ball, controlled it then Prince hit it and it came out after the play was over. Ware caught the ball as he was being contacted so he then must maintain control all the way to the ground, he didn't.

understood, thanks for the clear up

yoeddy
12-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Actually, Ware did control it all the way to the ground, which is why it was ruled a completed catch. The reason why it was not a TD is because he didn't get 2 feet down while the ball was across the goal line...by the time he got his feet down, the ball was not in control, and he didn't regain control with the ball across the line.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-20-2011, 01:17 PM

Actually, Ware did control it all the way to the ground, which is why it was ruled a completed catch. The reason why it was not a TD is because he didn't get 2 feet down while the ball was across the goal line...by the time he got his feet down, the ball was not in control, and he didn't regain control with the ball across the line.

And that totally makes sense because all the ball has to do is cross the goal line for it to be considered a TD. I mean, how many running backs score TD's by just placing the ball over the line? Not to mention when a ball carrier gets the ball over the line only to have it knocked out of his hands, that's usually called a TD.

The refereeing this year has been inconsistent. Plain and simple.

NorwoodBlue
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't get this call at all. He had control when the ball crossed the goal line, we wasn't contacted until he had already got the ball over the goal line. The play should be on the books once the ball crosses the goal line, not a wait and see what happens after it crosses the goal line. He caught the ball, made a move to the goal line and got the ball across, TOUCHDOWN in my book. The officials have been super inconsistent with this type of ruling.

JacksGiant76
12-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't get this call at all. He had control when the ball crossed the goal line, we wasn't contacted until he had already got the ball over the goal line. The play should be on the books once the ball crosses the goal line, not a wait and see what happens after it crosses the goal line. He caught the ball, made a move to the goal line and got the ball across, TOUCHDOWN in my book. The officials have been super inconsistent with this type of ruling.

I agree completely, should have been a TD. I know it didn't really mean anything at that point in the game but I don't see the difference between the 2.

smashndash715
12-20-2011, 07:28 PM
not just that..i dont know how many of you watched the cowboys bucs game but romo had thrown a pass to austin and a bucs saftey got his hand on it too.. the ball was moving around and by the time austin had it completely he was laying on the 1 yd line..yet they called it a td...just for evidence of inconsistency by these damn refs

Firenugget
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM

It's still pretty lame. If Prince had tackled him or pushed him down when he swatted it out, it wouldn't have been a TD since he would have had to maintain control to the ground. Some of these rulings are way to "iffy".

giantsfan420
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
not just that..i dont know how many of you watched the cowboys bucs game but romo had thrown a pass to austin and a bucs saftey got his hand on it too.. the ball was moving around and by the time austin had it completely he was laying on the 1 yd line..yet they called it a td...just for evidence of inconsistency by these damn refs

i was thinking the same exact thing at the time and knew they'd reverse it for us just bc thats the kind of year its been.

austins catch was almost exactly like wares except austin never even had control at all across the goal line thats whats so confusing. ware at least had control of the ball and it crossed the plane. austin and the TB defender were wrestling for it the ball was lose and austin finally had control for the first time after the ball had moved out of the td area...but austins was a td and ours wasnt.

not to mention the cowboys were away and we were home...****ing joke

giantsfan420
12-20-2011, 08:07 PM

It's still pretty lame. If Prince had tackled him or pushed him down when he swatted it out, it wouldn't have been a TD since he would have had to maintain control to the ground. Some of these rulings are way to "iffy".

fizzlesticks explanation is incorrect. jennings was bobbling the ball and never cleanly caught the ball, prince knocked it out while jennings was juggling it. jennings never secured the ball at all during that play...go figure tho

smashndash715
12-20-2011, 08:11 PM

i was thinking the same exact thing at the time and knew they'd reverse it for us just bc thats the kind of year its been.

austins catch was almost exactly like wares except austin never even had control at all across the goal line thats whats so confusing. ware at least had control of the ball and it crossed the plane. austin and the TB defender were wrestling for it the ball was lose and austin finally had control for the first time after the ball had moved out of the td area...but austins was a td and ours wasnt.

not to mention the cowboys were away and we were home...****ing joke

exactly..im watching it with my dad and we said no way thats a td and sure enough it was..then me and him are watching the gmen and we say no way that ISNT a td..and sure enough it wasnt..this is the first year i can remember were i truly feel like we are getting a raw deal when it comes to officiating

michaelkhan3
12-20-2011, 08:18 PM

This and Jennings did not have control of that ball at all

fizzlestick
12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
fizzlesticks explanation is incorrect. jennings was bobbling the ball and never cleanly caught the ball, prince knocked it out while jennings was juggling it. jennings never secured the ball at all during that play...go figure tho

Go watch it again. He has it in his left hand before Prince hits it.

giantsfan420
12-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Go watch it again. He has it in his left hand before Prince hits it.

i watched it a 100x. its kinda subjective. i personally think he initiates having control of it several times but never truly secures it, and prince knocks it out. i can see how some one else might see it differently i just personally think he never secures it

yoeddy
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM

R

And that totally makes sense because all the ball has to do is cross the goal line for it to be considered a TD. I mean, how many running backs score TD's by just placing the ball over the line? Not to mention when a ball carrier gets the ball over the line only to have it knocked out of his hands, that's usually called a TD.

The refereeing this year has been inconsistent. Plain and simple.

It does make sense....in order for it to be a completed catch, Ware had to have control plus both feet down. He had control before both feet came down, but lost control by the time his second foot came down...it was not a completed catch until he regained control, and by that time, he had been forced back out of the end zone. So the call to bring it back to the 2 yard line was correct.

I do ink that the Jennings TD was more questionable, but not enough on the replay to overturn....