PDA

View Full Version : The Official I'm pushing the panic button thread.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
http://seattlesportsnet.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/panicbutton.jpg

What good can you take out of this game? Or the Pittsburgh game, or that Dallas game..even the Washington game?
It's the same thing each week, but against different teams.

Whoever wins the Cowboys-Eagles game tonight will only be 2 games behind us, while their schedule gets a little easier, ours get harder.

I'm starting to not trust out coaches right now. Time and time again we hear "we are making adjustments, we had a good practices" and then we come out and stink the joint up.

David Diehl? Ahmad Bradshaw? ELI? These guys are playing TERRIBLE. I see no player execution, no adjustments, no sense of urgency and no focus.

-rant over-

MikeyMike01
11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm pushing the Fire Coughlin button.

(it's not working)

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm pushing the Fire Coughlin button.

(it's not working)He's not going to get fired. You can forget that.

TheEnigma
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Yup...I'm starting to think whoever wins the Cowboys/Eagles game wins the division. Our offense has been figured out for weeks now and we just don't have enough talent on D to carry the team that way.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Yup...I'm starting to think whoever wins the Cowboys/Eagles game wins the division. Our offense has been figured out for weeks now and we just don't have enough talent on D to carry the team that way.I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to win. Not one bit.

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Eli just turned it over again and once again DD gave up the pressure

brad
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Eli just turned it over again and once again DD gave up the pressure

DD is bad, but Eli just stood there waiting forever, he can't hold the ball that long

TheEnigma
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Now you see why opposing fans don't respect this team.

Toadofsteel
11-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Sadly true...

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM
We aren't even trying anymore. It's absolutely and utterly embarrassing.

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM

I don't respect this team.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
We didn't even score a touchdown. Not one.

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Way too early to push the panic button. Have you ever seen this team play before? This is how they roll.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Way too early to push the panic button. Have you ever seen this team play before? This is how they roll.No, it's not too early.
I'm tired of hearing that excuse. We have been figured out and we aren't doing anything about it.

TheEnigma
11-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Way too early to push the panic button. Have you ever seen this team play before? This is how they roll.

Normally I'd agree with you but the fact TC called this defense soft prior to the game and now with how this team has played...can't see them pulling it out.

rtahsin
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I think this blowout was very predictable based on the previous games. I knew the Giants were about to get their butt handed to them sooner or later. That SF game was a harbinger of what was to come. The complete ineptness of the offense in the red zone was evident in that game and began to build. That game should've been a much bigger blowout than it was. But if some fans question how a game was won then they aren't fans. Same thing was evident in the Washington and Dallas games. And I'm only talking about the red zone offense. The offense in general and the runnding defense looked fundamentally flawed. I took that running performance by Bradshaw in the Browns game with a grain of salt. I mean come on, its the Browns.

So I'm not at all surprised they lost this game and lost it big. If you leave things not taken care for then they will snowball into a huge problem and hurt you in the long run. But hopefully the coaching staff and the team finally wake up and rectify things.

This is just a resurfacing of the problems we could've identified and stymied in as early as the SF game. If we somehow came back and won this game, many fans would be celebrating Eli, the defense, etc. But to me the win would just be a delay before another huge collapse happens and it could happen in a pivotal game. So better they lose now before the bye and get their crap together rather than keep pulling these problems along and ignoring it due to a win.

My 2 cents.

woocrew
11-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Way too early to push the panic button. Have you ever seen this team play before? This is how they roll. Have you seen the upcoming schedule sheesh i'm usually low key but now its going to be very stressful rest of the season

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 04:35 PM
No, it's not too early.
I'm tired of hearing that excuse. We have been figured out and we aren't doing anything about it.
I've been made a fool of by this team before so I'm going to at least give them until after the bye week.

BigBlue1971
11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
look regardless of what happens the Giants will have least a two game lead tomorrow!

you cant push the panic button right now especially with the defending superbowl champs.

be patient! we still win this division.

gmenfan0488
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
the panic button is pushed, we should've blown cincy out. We have green bay, the saints who we can't beat, the redskins who will beat us, the falcons, ravens, eagles. We might win the ravens game, but with how we've been playing. you can't tell me we win more than two more games.

Cool Papa B.
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Yup...I'm starting to think whoever wins the Cowboys/Eagles game wins the division. Our offense has been figured out for weeks now and we just don't have enough talent on D to carry the team that way.

I don't know. I think this slump has a lot to do with Nicks not playing at full speed and the WRs having lots of drops lately. Opposing teams secondary are definitely playing more physical, but Nicks is slower and not getting enough distance from the CBs. It's a fixable problem.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I think this blowout was very predictable based on the previous games. I knew the Giants were about to get their butt handed to them sooner or later. That SF game was a harbinger of what was to come. The complete ineptness of the offense in the red zone was evident in that game and began to build. That game should've been a much bigger blowout than it was. But if some fans question how a game was won then they aren't fans. Same thing was evident in the Washington and Dallas games. And I'm only talking about the red zone offense. The offense in general and the runnding defense looked fundamentally flawed. I took that running performance by Bradshaw in the Browns game with a grain of salt. I mean come on, its the Browns.

So I'm not at all surprised they lost this game and lost it big. If you leave things not taken care for then they will snowball into a huge problem and hurt you in the long run. But hopefully the coaching staff and the team finally wake up and rectify things.

This is just a resurfacing of the problems we could've identified and stymied in as early as the SF game. If we somehow came back and won this game, many fans would be celebrating Eli, the defense, etc. But to me the win would just be a delay before another huge collapse happens and it could happen in a pivotal game. So better they lose now before the bye and get their crap together rather than keep pulling these problems along and ignoring it due to a win.

My 2 cents.I could not agree more.

Some of our "wins" covered up our offensive flaws. San Fran games.Yeah we blew them out, but we kicked like what, 5 FG's?

We won late at Washington, but we were stinking up the joint on offense.

Dallas, that game was putrid all around minus the Tony Romo turnovers. We were inches away from losing.

Pittsburgh beat us.

Cincy destroyed us.

Why are we having communication issues Week 10? All of a sudden we can't communicate and can't get in rhythm? that's insane.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I pushed it after the Dallas game...

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
look regardless of what happens the Giants will have least a two game lead tomorrow!

you cant push the panic button right now especially with the defending superbowl champs.

be patient! we still win this division.
They have week 11 off; that lead could be cut to one by week 12.

The division is up for grabs.

Marvelousmik
11-11-2012, 05:47 PM
6-4 is a lot different than 6-2. There is definitely a lot to be concerned about right now. Bennett and cruz continue their drop a pass per game streak. The defense cant stop the pass or the run and is playing soft while out of sync. I wont even get started on david diehl lol. Eli and bradshaw needs to stop turning the ball over.

I am starting to believe that the woes on defense has to be a coaching problem. Hosley showed horrible technique on that second touchdown pass. There is poor tackling habits and for the exception of this game, the ends havent been doing a good job containing the outsides.

The first play wilson comes into the game surprise surprise, its a run. We have been struggling all season but it wasnt this bad. Earlier our offense was able to move the ball down the field even in the games where we had trouble in the red zone and was forced to kick field goals. Now, id be happy if we can go back to that with the way we are going 3 and out.

BlueReign
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Gilbride is horrendous, Diehl is a turnstile and our D-line disappears for chunks at a time. Couple that with Eli playing poorly, Webster getting burnt by pretty much every WR he's been matched up with each season and Rolle giving teams bulletin board material and we're in for a long season. But then I look back and realize these are the GIANTS. They do this every year, and their hat will be in the ring for another championship come playoff time. I've just come to accept it. There is nothing we can do about it. They leave you scratching your head, but they just CANNOT get up for these regular season games in the doldrums of an NFL season.

MikeyMike01
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
He's not going to get fired. You can forget that.

I can dream.

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 06:59 PM
I remember when everybody pushed it last year too. It ain't over till its over. You think we would figure it out after a while being Giants fans and all. I almost counted these guys out last year after the Saints and Eagles losses. That was one of the lowest moments of being a fan.

It's week 11 and you guys are throwing in the towel? I'm sorry but that is total knee jerk.

If this team hadn't beat the 49ers the way they did. Who are still a damn good team. Or beaten the Great RG3, or shown resolve and come back against Tampa, then fine.

It's a lot like last year when we beat the Pats, in their own house! And then went on a little bad streak. Haven't you guys figured it out by now? This team ALWAYS goes on mid-season slumps. For whatever reason that is the Giants! It happened last year and we won the SB!

It is happening again this year and you are giving up already lol? That's craziness! You'd think you never followed this team before lol.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I remember when everybody pushed it last year too. It ain't over till its over. You think we would figure it out after a while being Giants fans and all. I almost counted these guys out last year after the Saints and Eagles losses. That was one of the lowest moments of being a fan.

It's week 11 and you guys are throwing in the towel? I'm sorry but that is total knee jerk.

If this team hadn't beat the 49ers the way they did. Who are still a damn good team. Or beaten the Great RG3, or shown resolve and come back against Tampa, then fine.

It's a lot like last year when we beat the Pats, in their own house! And then went on a little bad streak. Haven't you guys figured it out by now? This team ALWAYS goes on mid-season slumps. For whatever reason that is the Giants! It happened last year and we won the SB!

It is happening again this year and you are giving up already lol? That's craziness! You'd think you never followed this team before lol.When did I say anywhere in my post that I'm giving up? If you can point that out that'd be terrific.

I said I'm pushing the panic button. Something is wrong. Here's the defense between last years second half swoon and this years so far.

Last year, even though we were losing we were at least competitive for the most part and scoring TOUCHDOWNS. It was the defense that was primarily letting us down.

This year? We are struggling to even score. There's no offensive rhythm. Our line is crap now thanks to DD, Ahmad likes to fumble and our receivers can't get open. Oh and Eli is 1-6.

Am I giving up? Hell no. Is it time to be worried? You bet. This has been going on for way too long.

ManningToJPP
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
When did I say anywhere in my post that I'm giving up? If you can point that out that'd be terrific.

I said I'm pushing the panic button. Something is wrong. Here's the defense between last years second half swoon and this years so far.

Last year, even though we were losing we were at least competitive for the most part and scoring TOUCHDOWNS. It was the defense that was primarily letting us down.

This year? We are struggling to even score. There's no offensive rhythm. Our line is crap now thanks to DD, Ahmad likes to fumble and our receivers can't get open. Oh and Eli is 1-6.

Am I giving up? Hell no. Is it time to be worried? You bet. This has been going on for way too long.

hmmmmm what to do what to do. Check my newest thread, we must brainstorm.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 07:16 PM
hmmmmm what to do what to do. Check my newest thread, we must brainstorm.For what? It's totally out of our control lol.

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
When did I say anywhere in my post that I'm giving up? If you can point that out that'd be terrific.

Am I giving up? Hell no. Is it time to be worried? You bet. This has been going on for way too long.Starting a thread called "Im pushing the pushing button" sure sounds like a defeatist attitude.

...anyway... if there is one thing the Giants have shown me is that they are never dead or out of it. No matter how crappy they look. Say what you want about this coaching staff but they always find a way. As much as it infuriates us at times, they still come through. We are not gonna start sucking all of a sudden the year after winning a SB. I am pretty pissed right now, but there is plenty of season left.

Honestly its not worth wasting energy over anymore. The inevitable Nov. swoon is upon us!

Buckle up. its gonna be a bumpy ride!

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Starting a thread called "Im pushing the pushing button" sure sounds like a defeatist attitude.

...anyway... if there is one thing the Giants have shown me is that they are never dead or out of it. No matter how crappy they look. Say what you want about this coaching staff but they always find a way. As much as it infuriates us at times, they still come through. We are not gonna start sucking all of a sudden the year after winning a SB. I am pretty pissed right now, but there is plenty of season left.

Honestly its not worth wasting energy over anymore. The inevitable Nov. swoon is upon us!

Buckle up. its gonna be a bumpy ride!Well it may sound like a defeatist attitude for you but for me, it's a level of concern.

Like I said, last years swoon we were scoring points and coming up short.
This year, we are completely out of sync and have no idea what we are doing.
How do you go from a top 5 offense idk, the 20th ranked? (I'm not sure if we are that low, just guessing) That's SCARY.

miked1958
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to win. Not one bit.after last yr nothing would surprise me

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Well it may sound like a defeatist attitude for you but for me, it's a level of concern.

Like I said, last years swoon we were scoring points and coming up short.
This year, we are completely out of sync and have no idea what we are doing.
How do you go from a top 5 offense idk, the 20th ranked? (I'm not sure if we are that low, just guessing) That's SCARY.Whatever thought you had in mind when you created this thread, when I first saw it I was like "Rudy started this?!?!?!?" lol

but yeah, I trust in Eli and ole TC.

tbh if you really wanted to announce that the sky is falling it should have been after TC declared we were starting Diehl over Locklear. :/

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Whatever thought you had in mind when you created this thread, when I first saw it I was like "Rudy started this?!?!?!?" lol

but yeah, I trust in Eli and ole TC.

tbh if you really wanted to announce that the sky is falling it should have been after TC declared we were starting Diehl over Locklear. :/I guess you didn't see what I posted in that thread since the entire board posted in that thread.

I think I have every right to push the panic button. Just because we always come out of slumps doesn't mean I should be content with our play.

BigBlue1971
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
They have week 11 off; that lead could be cut to one by week 12.

The division is up for grabs.

their focus should be to win come outta this bye! its a "must"! if not it will be a long season!

Harooni
11-11-2012, 08:07 PM
ill hit the button if we lose the last 2 games of the season, we seem to have these slumps and pull out

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
ill hit the button if we lose the last 2 games of the season, we seem to have these slumps and pull outThe difference is, we were scoring touchdowns last year in those slumps.

Now we are barely getting them. Oh and turning the ball over left and right.

Rusty192
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I guess you didn't see what I posted in that thread since the entire board posted in that thread.
I mean this thread. There was another?

G-Men Surg.
11-11-2012, 08:42 PM
You can b.....ch and moan all you want it's your right and if you feel comfortable doing go for it but don't want to see you later on changing hearts and eating crow if the Giants right the ship. That been said IMO it's way, way to early to push the panic button. I'm pussing the pi......sed off button at this moment.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
You can b.....ch and moan all you want it's your right and if you feel comfortable doing go for it but don't want to see you later on changing hearts and eating crow if the Giants right the ship. That been said IMO it's way, way to early to push the panic button. I'm pussing the pi......sed off button at this moment.Nope, panic button is pushed.

This is what I heard all week from the COACHES AND PLAYERS themselves.

"We just have to find a way to execute"
"We have to make plays"
"We have to make changes on offense"
"I thought we had a good practice and we seemed ready to go"

Week after week after week, and nothing has changed. That doesn't concern you? Sure concerns me. That's literally the definition of insane. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

G-Men Surg.
11-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Nope, panic button is pushed.

This is what I heard all week from the COACHES AND PLAYERS themselves.

"We just have to find a way to execute"
"We have to make plays"
"We have to make changes on offense"
"I thought we had a good practice and we seemed ready to go"

Week after week after week, and nothing has changed. That doesn't concern you? Sure concerns me. That's literally the definition of insane. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
Any way you spin it this is football and there's no simple solutions to complex problems. What do you expect players or coaches to say during the week bro ? That the problems on D and O as well in ST are insurmountable ?!?! If you do then we don't deserve as fans to enjoy 2 SB in 5 years because guess what ? the Giants had their share of problems in those 2 SB runs and worked their way out of the funk as they are hoping to solve their issues in this actual swoon. Peeks and valleys bro.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Any way you spin it this is football and there's no simple solutions to complex problems. What do you expect players or coaches to say during the week bro ? That the problems on D and O as well in ST are insurmountable ?!?! If you do then we don't deserve as fans to enjoy 2 SB in 5 years because guess what ? the Giants had their share of problems in those 2 SB runs and worked their way out of the funk as they are hoping to solve their issues in this actual swoon. Peeks and valleys bro.I'm not giving up if that's what you think, I'm saying whatever we are running in practice, it's not WORKING. It has not been working for the past 4 weeks now. Something is wrong and it needs to be fixed. With other teams, they make adjustments. Why is it so challenging for us to adjust?

G-Men Surg.
11-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not giving up if that's what you think, I'm saying whatever we are running in practice, it's not WORKING. It has not been working for the past 4 weeks now. Something is wrong and it needs to be fixed. With other teams, they make adjustments. Why is it so challenging for us to adjust?
As simple as it sound it's called execution bro. Aside of some players being banged up and not playing 100% you have to execute and not commit errors.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 09:22 PM
As simple as it sound it's called execution bro. Aside of some players being banged up and not playing 100% you have to execute and not commit errors.I'm a girl btw.

And I agree! the players need to get in rhythm, I don't know what happened from the end of the Browns game to the beginning of the Washington game, but we can't execute on anything.

G-Men Surg.
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm a girl btw.

And I agree! the players need to get in rhythm, I don't know what happened from the end of the Browns game to the beginning of the Washington game, but we can't execute on anything.
Oh I'm sorry about that ( the bro thing ) .
They need to get healthy and play together , know their tendencies and make the neccesary adjustments. Only time and practicing together gets you into the groove. I recall last year when Rolle mention all hands on deck was needed and that everybody needed to practice " injured " or not. That's the kind of mentality needed right now IMO more in the young guys , the rooks and newcomers, a fixable problem if you ask me.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Oh I'm sorry about that ( the bro thing ) .
They need to get healthy and play together , know their tendencies and make the neccesary adjustments. Only time and practicing together gets you into the groove. I recall last year when Rolle mention all hands on deck was needed and that everybody needed to practice " injured " or not. That's the kind of mentality needed right now IMO more in the young guys , the rooks and newcomers, a fixable problem if you ask me.It's ok.
Well we aren't has banged up as we were last year so that's not an excuse.
I really just think it's the play calling. Others have disagreed with me but that's how I see it.
Again, the coaches know more than I do, but I'm just going by what I see and what I see is no improvement..I actually see us getting worse. I think we will turn it around..hopefully sooner than later.

harrycarson
11-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to win. Not one bit.

I gotta be honest....we have many issues on this team right now....that is wby I know we will come out of tbe bye and play well...unfortunately it is against the pack and we will fall just short and be virtually screwed as the cowboys get set for tbeir softie of a schedule

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I gotta be honest....we have many issues on this team right now....that is wby I know we will come out of tbe bye and play well...unfortunately it is against the pack and we will fall just short and be virtually screwed as the cowboys get set for tbeir softie of a scheduleI have no idea what to expect from this team. I don't know if these 2 weeks are a good thing or a bad thing. Coaching philosophies need to be changed. Just because you like a guy and he's been on the team for 10 years doesn't mean he's the better man for the job at the moment. This loyalty crap is hurting us. Bradshaw needs to sit, Diehl definitely needs to sit.

G-Men Surg.
11-11-2012, 09:44 PM
It's ok.
Well we aren't has banged up as we were last year so that's not an excuse.
I really just think it's the play calling. Others have disagreed with me but that's how I see it.
Again, the coaches know more than I do, but I'm just going by what I see and what I see is no improvement..I actually see us getting worse. I think we will turn it around..hopefully sooner than later.
Well the players don't make an excuse about injuries too asmalways but that's a fact, you don't get in sync when you have guys in and out or not playing 100 %. Even last year when all was said and done after Big Blue SB victory you could listen to the players interviews about what made it click and what took to turn it around and one of the most important facts was that they got healthy at some point of the season and gelled together and become a true team. Some didn't and just had to suck it up . That been said I agree with you about some coaching decisions made in recent weeks that IMO have pushed back the progress of the team .

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Well the players don't make an excuse about injuries too asmalways but that's a fact, you don't get in sync when you have guys in and out or not playing 100 %. Even last year when all was said and done after Big Blue SB victory you could listen to the players interviews about what made it click and what took to turn it around and one of the most important facts was that they got healthy at some point of the season and gelled together and become a true team. Some didn't and just had to suck it up . That been said I agree with you about some coaching decisions made in recent weeks that IMO have pushed back the progress of the team .Yeah, that was the thing last year I'm saying. We were injured the majority of the year, this year isn't the case.

G-Men Surg.
11-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, that was the thing last year I'm saying. We were injured the majority of the year, this year isn't the case.
I don't agree on that one. Amukamara and Coe as well as tryon started the season injured and hosley as well. Kenny as been out for a ton of games. At LB Rivers and Williams have missed a lot of time and we missed Blackburn last game. Bernard has been lost for a lot of games and Cant started in the PUP list. Bear Pascoe has been baged up and Travis just came back. Nicks hasn't been the same since that Bucks game and Bradshaw IMO hasn't prove he can play in sunday practicing on a limited basis. At OL Beatty back problems plus Dehil MCL injury have made the shuffling to this day a problem in decision making for coaches , this is the area where I think the coaching staff have made bad moves lately adding to the dilemma of our running game. I'm sorry but I do see a big problem injury wise affecting the chemistry of our team.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't agree on that one. Amukamara and Coe as well as tryon started the season injured and hosley as well. Kenny as been out for a ton of games. At LB Rivers and Williams have missed a lot of time and we missed Blackburn last game. Bernard has been lost for a lot of games and Cant started in the PUP list. Bear Pascoe has been baged up and Travis just came back. Nicks hasn't been the same since that Bucks game and Bradshaw IMO hasn't prove he can play in sunday practicing on a limited basis. At OL Beatty back problems plus Dehil MCL injury have made the shuffling to this day a problem in decision making for coaches , this is the area where I think the coaching staff have made bad moves lately adding to the dilemma of our running game. I'm sorry but I do see a big problem injury wise affecting the chemistry of our team.In terms of the amount of guys that are out, very little. Most of our starters are in. I do think a few of the injured players nee to sit because it's kinda hurting our scheme but other than that..it's just the lack of execution and game planning week after week. Cruz dropped a sure TD today in the red zone, not focused. This offense has got to find a way to get the chains moving.