PDA

View Full Version : bradshaw fumble was Huuuuge

elitocruz
11-11-2012, 05:00 PM
early 3rd, 17-13 if not for that. His only value is ball security. Without it he is useless

inexorably
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Yea that was really bad but they were driving and the hope was with a defensive stop... the offense would keep rolling. The next two possessions and subsequent Eli picks and cincy tds were worse I think... because they pretty much sealed the game for cincy

G-MANning4Life
11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Well there is no way to tell if we would have scored a TD on that drive, although I will admit it looked like a good drive was forming until that fumble. I don't doubt we would have put some points on the board, if not 7. But there is no point thinking about the "what ifs" since it didn't happen.

jomo
11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
In a word.............game changer.

I'll take 5
11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
In a word.............game changer.Yeah, play of the game

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 05:28 PM
The game-changer was the blown coverage on the Bengals' opening possession. It set the tone.

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Well there is no way to tell if we would have scored a TD on that drive, although I will admit it looked like a good drive was forming until that fumble. I don't doubt we would have put some points on the board, if not 7. But there is no point thinking about the "what ifs" since it didn't happen.

Coming away with any points would have made it a one-score contest.....would have been 17-9 or maybe 17-13.

In a word.............game changer.

Agreed.

Kendo15
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
The game-changer was the blown coverage on the Bengals' opening possession. It set the tone.

Disagree.

That sort of thing happens and it did set the tone for the first half.

But, the last drive of the first half, a couple of decent series on D, then the drive is developing OK, better than OK, in the second half.

But Bradshaw's fumble prompted a collapse that was just ridiculous.

I dunno what it is, but we look really fragile.

Maybe we do need the bye really bad, maybe Sandy has hurt us worse than we thought, but we look like a team that's not right.
Let's be honest, we haven't played well since SF.

We got by against two poor NFC East teams then have been awful two weeks running.

We need to re-group quickly or the season will run away from us.

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm not taking the Sandy was hard on this football team garbage. They are just playing like total dog doo doo. lol

Hopefully they can come out of the bye and put some wins together.

BigBlue1971
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
early 3rd, 17-13 if not for that. His only value is ball security. Without it he is useless

+1.

still they played with no urgency!

Kendo15
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm not taking the Sandy was hard on this football team garbage. They are just playing like total dog doo doo. lol

Hopefully they can come out of the bye and put some wins together.

You're right about Sandy, I was just throwing it out there.

I kinda think it goes deeper than just playing bad, though.

At least it looks to me like it is.

Players play bad, go through peaks and troughs, as do teams.
But this last two weeks have looked ..... different ..... to just playing bad.

It looks more fundamental.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just a slump that we can work our way out of.

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Disagree.

That sort of thing happens and it did set the tone for the first half.

But, the last drive of the first half, a couple of decent series on D, then the drive is developing OK, better than OK, in the second half.

But Bradshaw's fumble prompted a collapse that was just ridiculous.

I dunno what it is, but we look really fragile.

Maybe we do need the bye really bad, maybe Sandy has hurt us worse than we thought, but we look like a team that's not right.
Let's be honest, we haven't played well since SF.

We got by against two poor NFC East teams then have been awful two weeks running.

We need to re-group quickly or the season will run away from us.

After that fumble, Eli basically threw caution to the wind.....Cincy then just cashed in on the turnovers after that.

This was an epic team loss.....offense, defense, special teams all failed.

But more than anything, this was a case of individual players not doing their jobs.

Top of the list was Eli.....he's the guy who makes this go....he just wasn't in sync at all.
Diehl was so bad it hurt to watch.
Bradshaw proved what I was harping on all week......practice ****ing matters. Enough already.
Cruz dropped a TD pass that landed in his lap.
Martellus Bennett dropped a couple.
Hosley made a huge mistake on that TD catch.....it was 3rd and 10....if he simply played the body, and not the ball, that would have a been a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 10.....instead of holding them to a FG, his bad decision directly lead to a FG.
Rolle was non-existent.
JPP was MIA
Osi, Tuck, invisible.

Just bad all around....terrible, really.