PDA

View Full Version : Pierre-Paul Defensive player of the Year candidate...

shotcalla39
12-19-2011, 11:01 PM
The Giants defense as a whole is not good this year. However, Pierre-Paul is emerging as a great player. He's all hustle.. just as good against the run as he is against the pass... He get pass deflections, sacks.. Last week against the Cowboys that was a performance that legends are made of. Then he follows it up yesterday with 16 tackles... Really*??? 16 tackles for a defensive linemen... Even though he's not on the pro bowl ballot I guarantee he makes all pro ... He will get voted in by the players Nd coaches... Don't be surprised if he gets the defensive MVP... I think he would deserve it too

Tell me who in the league deserves it more than JPP.... Babin? He's not the all around player JPP is and JPP pretty much single handedly saved our season game 1 @ Dallas...

Can you argue Ware?? Possibly, but he's not having the type if year JPP is having.. he has probably as many passes defenses as a lot of CBS in this league

M0rbid
12-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year. Dude is a tackling machine and he's not even an outside linebacker!!!!!

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.
Define full time starter

M0rbid
12-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year.
Define full time starter

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck as DE.

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Define full time starter

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck.
JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.

M0rbid
12-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Define full time starter

JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.

I remember they used him in tackle position.

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Define full time starter

On select sets. JPP has gotten a ton of playing time and he's having a great year, I doubt his stats would be considerably different if he had gotten a few snaps here or there.

Kids a flat out beast though. Incredible. If he can stay healthy..

shotcalla39
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
I think he should get it

Drez
12-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Define full time starter

Earlier in the year, it was mostly Osi and Tuck as DE.
</P>

Osi mised the first 3 or 4 games, and by the time he was healthy Tuck was hurt and missed time.</P>

KidA
12-20-2011, 08:31 PM
JPP plays a lot better on the right side. When they put him at DT or LDE he just isn't as effective for whatever reason.

Eli2Nicks612
12-20-2011, 08:36 PM
This year JPP will have more defensive player of the year votes than pro-bowl votes. Why isn't he on the ballot? He and Cruz aren't on the ballot because they haven't been "full-time starters" the entire year yet Tebow is on the ballot and he didn't start until week 6. Stupid NFL double standards.

TuckYou
12-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Just imagine what his stats could've been, if he was a full-time starter earlier in the year. Dude is a tackling machine and he's not even an outside linebacker!!!!!

I heard they want to make him a lb like they did kiwi.... Put all the best players on the field even if they are out of position.

BlueSanta
12-20-2011, 08:42 PM
JPP is an awesome player.

But, it is unlikely he will be the DPoY winner simply because of how bad our defense as a whole is.

ny06
12-20-2011, 09:41 PM

<FONT color=#0000ff>But, it is unlikely he will be the DPoY winner simply because of how bad our defense as a whole is.</FONT>
</P>

That should be more reason that he should win the award. </P>

shotcalla39
12-20-2011, 11:01 PM

<FONT color=#0000ff>But, it is unlikely he will be the DPoY winner simply because of how bad our defense as a whole is.</FONT>
</P>

The stats don't even tell the whole story... He can take over games and win them for us... The only other defensive players in the giants I've seen do that was Strahan and LT... WE'VE SEEn guys like Tuck look great in bursts and guys like Osi be Great at one dimension of their game. But JPP has what it takes to be a hall of famer if he can stay consistent year after year like LT and Stray... I think he's the best defender taken in that draft including Suh...

Having a top 5 quarterback and top 5 defender on the same team we should Yves no problem making the plyoffs... Coughlin used to he a WR coach.. he's an offensive minded coach. Which us fine .. he just needs a great defensive mind on his staff...Since he's been here our offense has always been towards the top... What we need is a great DC.... they are not easy to get as we have been 3 out of 4 wrong with DC... We need to do whatever it takes to get Spags back.. JPP and Spags with this Offense is elite

RobCarpenter
12-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Define full time starter

JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.</P>

That percentage seems too high. I thought I had read his high for the year was 82% in one game (against either the Saints or Packers). </P>

Earlier in the season he did sit out more when Osi and Tuck were playing more.</P>

Can you provide a link for that 85% number? </P>

elifan10
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM

</P>

The stats don't even tell the whole story... He can take over games and win them for us... The only other defensive players in the giants I've seen do that was Strahan and LT... WE'VE SEEn guys like Tuck look great in bursts and guys like Osi be Great at one dimension of their game. But JPP has what it takes to be a hall of famer if he can stay consistent year after year like LT and Stray... I think he's the best defender taken in that draft including Suh...

Having a top 5 quarterback and top 5 defender on the same team we should Yves no problem making the plyoffs... Coughlin used to he a WR coach.. he's an offensive minded coach. Which us fine .. he just needs a great defensive mind on his staff...Since he's been here our offense has always been towards the top... What we need is a great DC.... they are not easy to get as we have been 3 out of 4 wrong with DC... We need to do whatever it takes to get Spags back.. JPP and Spags with this Offense is elite
Totally agree with that last comment

gmen0820
12-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Define full time starter

JPP has played about 85% of the snaps this year. I don't think playing time has been at all a factor this year.</P>

That percentage seems too high.* I thought I had read his high for the year was 82% in one game (against either the Saints or Packers).* </P>

Earlier in the season he did sit out more when Osi and Tuck were playing more.</P>

Can you provide a link for that 85% number? </P>You misread your article, JPP played over 85% of the snaps in Washington alone.

JPP is at 83.5% of the snaps for the year. PFF

FlyingTruck
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
He has had a great year, but I don't think it's enough for DPoY.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Define full time starter

On select sets. JPP has gotten a ton of playing time and he's having a great year, I doubt his stats would be considerably different if he had gotten a few snaps here or there.

Kids a flat out beast though. Incredible.

Fixed.

gmen0820
12-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Define full time starter

Kids a flat out beast though. Incredible.

Fixed.Fixed what? If he can stay healthy....

Well I don't even want to think how incredible he can be if he maintains his health.

shotcalla39
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM

</P>

Totally agree with that last comment

Which last comment?? Last paragraph or last sentence

RobCarpenter
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Define full time starter

That percentage seems too high. I thought I had read his high for the year was 82% in one game (against either the Saints or Packers). </P>

You misread your article, JPP played over 85% of the snaps in Washington alone. JPP is at 83.5% of the snaps for the year. PFF</P>

Sorry, I didn't misread, the article was written prior to last Sunday's Washington game. Seems like his high for an individual game was 82% prior to the Redskins game.</P>

Math doesn't seem to support 85% for the season, especially since he played less earlier in the season when Osi and Tuck were both playing. </P>

Do you have a link to the PFFarticle or data that you allude to?</P>

jhamburg
12-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Who are the other candidates really? I don't think any DBs have distinguished themselves that much. If I had to guess I would say Jared Allen wins, JPP might be second at this point.

RobCarpenter
12-22-2011, 11:08 AM
He has had a great year, but I don't think it's enough for DPoY. Who are the other candidates really? I don't think any DBs have distinguished themselves that much. If I had to guess I would say Jared Allen wins, JPP might be second at this point.</P>

Just among DE's, Babin will probably be in the conversation as well..especially if he gets a few more sacks in the nexttwo games. He's sitting on 18 sacks right now.</P>

Btw, Babin has had a really strange career. He bounced around the League, changing teams 5 times, but suddenly became an elite pass-rusher in his 7th and 8th seasons. He' either a late bloomer...or is on PED's. </P>

jhamburg
12-22-2011, 12:02 PM
He has had a great year, but I don't think it's enough for DPoY. Who are the other candidates really? I don't think any DBs have distinguished themselves that much. If I had to guess I would say Jared Allen wins, JPP might be second at this point.</P>

Just among DE's, Babin will probably be in the conversation as well..especially if he gets a few more sacks in the next*two games.** He's sitting on 18 sacks right now.</P>

Btw, Babin has had a really strange career.*** He bounced around the League, changing teams 5 times, but suddenly became an elite pass-rusher in his 7th and 8th seasons.** He' either a late bloomer...or is on PED's. </P>

Eh, he's very one dimensional, I really hope he wouldn't win over guys like JPP and Allen just because of one stat. Unless maybe he goes crazy these last couple games and breaks the sack record.

C1010
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
I honestly think Babin shouldn't win it. I know he has the highest sack total but JPP, Allen, and Ware have higher tackle totals. Also Allen and JPP have recorded safeties and block field goals. I think they are more complete than Babin.

jhamburg
12-22-2011, 12:07 PM
I honestly think Babin shouldn't win it. I know he has the highest sack total but JPP, Allen, and Ware have higher tackle totals. Also Allen and JPP have recorded safeties and block field goals. I think they are more complete than Babin.

Yeah look at 2008 for example, Ware had 20 sacks but Harrison still won it. Not that Ware is one dimensional, but Harrison had the more complete all around season that year.

Then again, the Steelers were also a much better team than the Cowboys, so who knows.

ryan12
12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
76 tackles 13.5 sacks if he ends with over 90 tackles and 15 sacks its a good posiblity he wins it.

gmen0820
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Define full time starter

That percentage seems too high.* I thought I had read his high for the year was 82% in one game (against either the Saints or Packers).* </P>

You misread your article, JPP played over 85% of the snaps in Washington alone. JPP is at 83.5% of the snaps for the year. PFF</P>

Sorry, I didn't misread, the article was written prior to last Sunday's Washington game.* Seems like his high for an individual game was 82% prior to the Redskins game.***</P>

Math doesn't seem to support 85% for the season, especially since he played less earlier in the season when Osi and Tuck were both playing.* </P>

Do you have a link to the PFF*article or data that you allude to?**</P>I do, but I am much more curious to see your link before I post data from a site that would prohibit it.

jhamburg
12-22-2011, 12:41 PM
76 tackles 13.5 sacks if he ends with over 90 tackles and 15 sacks its a good posiblity he wins it.

I just looked on Wikipedia though- Out of 40 DPOY awards, 36 were given to players on top 10 defenses. Only one, Reggie White, was ever on a "bottom half" defense, ranked 23rd. We're currently T-28th...Not looking good for JPP's award.

RobCarpenter
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Define full time starter

Sorry, I didn't misread, the article was written prior to last Sunday's Washington game. Seems like his high for an individual game was 82% prior to the Redskins game.</P>

Math doesn't seem to support 85% for the season, especially since he played less earlier in the season when Osi and Tuck were both playing. </P>

I do, but I am much more curious to see your link before I post data from a site that would prohibit it.</P>

Sure, here you go:</P>

"Taking the most snaps from him was Jason Pierre-Paul who played 82% of the game. This was the most snaps he has seen since Week 4."</P>

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/fantasy-the-snap-report-%e2%80%93-week-12-defense/</P>

</P>

gmen0820
12-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Define full time starter

Sorry, I didn't misread, the article was written prior to last Sunday's Washington game.* Seems like his high for an individual game was 82% prior to the Redskins game.***</P>

Math doesn't seem to support 85% for the season, especially since he played less earlier in the season when Osi and Tuck were both playing.* </P>

Do you have a link to the PFF*article or data that you allude to?**</P>

I do, but I am much more curious to see your link before I post data from a site that would prohibit it.</P>

"Taking the most snaps from him was Jason Pierre-Paul who played 82% of the game. This was the most snaps he has seen since Week 4."</P>

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/fantasy-the-snap-report-%e2%80%93-week-12-defense/</P>

*</P>http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/bschujasnyg/photo.png Here ya go champ

RobCarpenter
12-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Define full time starter

Here ya go champ </P>

Looks like very inconsistent use of JPP. His snap count is inflated by the first couple of games and then thelast 3 games. Not sure why his snaps went down so much during the middle section of the season, he wasn't injured. </P>

</P>

gmen0820
12-23-2011, 03:25 AM
Define full time starter

Do you have a link to the PFF*article or data that you allude to?**</P>

Here ya go champ </P>

Looks like very inconsistent use of JPP.* His snap count is inflated by the first couple of games and then the*last 3 games.** Not sure why his snaps went down so much during the middle section of the season, he wasn't injured.* </P>

*</P>Inconcistent? He always plays about 75% in every game. And has played the 7th highest amount of snaps for DEs. It is very consistent. His snaps went down because of returning Tuck or Osi or both playing along with Tollefson.

shotcalla39
12-25-2011, 02:59 AM
Kids a beast!! another awesome game .. dominated another probowl left tackle in Ferguson...

Gmen2005
12-25-2011, 03:10 AM
sad part is, I hated this pick when we first did it. Boy was I wrong, he's a superstar.

shotcalla39
12-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Tell me who deserves it more than JPP.... I don't think any defender in the league outshines JPP... He's not even on the pro bowl ballot but he'll be the starting DE in the pro bowl in Honolulu .. that says alot

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Tell me who deserves it more than JPP.... I don't think any defender in the league outshines JPP... He's not even on the pro bowl ballot but he'll be the starting DE in the pro bowl in Honolulu .. that says alotTerrell Suggs, Jared Allen, Brian Cushing, Darrelle Revis, Cameron Wake.

shotcalla39
12-25-2011, 04:27 PM
I think jpp deserves it more than all those guys... But Regis certainly got screwed when they gave it to Wolfson over him q couple years back... Review was far and away the best defensive player in the league last season

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I think jpp deserves it more than all those guys... But Regis certainly got screwed when they gave it to Wolfson over him q couple years back... Review was far and away the best defensive player in the league last seasonI don't think they deserve it over JPP but I also don't think JPP deserves it over them either. They're all great players having great seasons.

jhamburg
12-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Tell me who deserves it more than JPP.... I don't think any defender in the league outshines JPP... He's not even on the pro bowl ballot but he'll be the starting DE in the pro bowl in Honolulu .. that says alotTerrell Suggs, Jared Allen, Brian Cushing, Darrelle Revis, Cameron Wake.

Nope

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 04:48 PM

NopeOh okay I see your point.

cornerback30
12-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Dude has turn into a straight beast,he's getting close to becoming better than Osi if he hasn't already surpassed him already.When we picked him in that draft I must admit I had my doubts but dude is for real,and I hope he keeps this attitude of hustle and not become a diva.It's his hustle and his desire to be better that has gotten him to this point and just think he's only going to get better,THAT'S REAL SCARY

shotcalla39
01-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Dude has turn into a straight beast,he's getting close to becoming better than Osi if he hasn't already surpassed him already.When we picked him in that draft I must admit I had my doubts but dude is for real,and I hope he keeps this attitude of hustle and not become a diva.It's his hustle and his desire to be better that has gotten him to this point and just think he's only going to get better,THAT'S REAL SCARY

Hes already better than Osi... he is a beast against6 the run .. Osi is not very good against the run..

Osi has the edge in pass reushing especially with his strip sack.. Osi has 7 sacks in 8 games this season ..

But Pierre Paul has 14 in 15 games , although not a master of strip sacks hes a much better all around DE than Osi.. plus he can block FGs and he can use his speed or his bullrush ability.., Osi only has speed moves..

But the biggest difference is: Osi seems to get shut down against All Pro Tackles.. Jpp Dominates them

Gmen2005
01-01-2012, 04:40 AM
he deserves it.

heavyhitter
01-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Who are the other candidates really? I don't think any DBs have distinguished themselves that much. If I had to guess I would say Jared Allen wins, JPP might be second at this point.I think DPOY comes down to JPP &amp; DeMarcus Ware. Tonights game will/should have a big impact on the voting IMO.

shotcalla39
01-02-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't think there's any question he's the DMVP. the way he inspired our D and won games

I Bleed Blue 56
01-02-2012, 12:35 AM
they will probably rob him of that the way CRUZ got robbed of the probowl lol.... They will probably give it to Allen or some BS....If JPP doesnt win DMVP the nfl really hates NY lol.

RobCarpenter
01-02-2012, 02:02 AM
JPP definitely deserves it. He had anOUTSTANDING season while playing all seaon with a weak LB corp and at times invisible Secondary. JPP caried this Defense.

Spizi
01-02-2012, 02:47 AM
they will probably rob him of that the way CRUZ got robbed of the probowl lol.... They will probably give it to Allen or some BS....If JPP doesnt win DMVP the nfl really hates NY lol.

Allen had an amazing season but I don't see how they can give him DPOY because his team was bad. JPP single handedly beat Dallas in week 15, leads all Dlinemen in tackles, has 6 PDs, and 16.5 sacks. In my opinion he was the best Dlineman this year.

Jon6777
01-02-2012, 03:03 AM
If he doesn't win it this year he will win it in 2012 or 2013. He is the most athletic 270lb man I have ever seen on a football field. He can sack the QB with the best of them and he can take down RB's in open space no problem. The open field tackle he had on Felix Jones the first game against the Cowboys really sold me on this dude. He's all hustle and he is still learning the game!!!

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Making the playoffs certainly helps the case for JPP-MVP.

MattMeyerBud
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
The Giants defense as a whole is not good this year. However, Pierre-Paul is emerging as a great player. He's all hustle.. just as good against the run as he is against the pass... He get pass deflections, sacks.. Last week against the Cowboys that was a performance that legends are made of. Then he follows it up yesterday with 16 tackles... Really*??? 16 tackles for a defensive linemen... Even though he's not on the pro bowl ballot I guarantee he makes all pro ... He will get voted in by the players Nd coaches... Don't be surprised if he gets the defensive MVP... I think he would deserve it too

Tell me who in the league deserves it more than JPP.... Babin? He's not the all around player JPP is and JPP pretty much single handedly saved our season game 1 @ Dallas...

Can you argue Ware?? Possibly, but he's not having the type if year JPP is having.. he has probably as many passes defenses as a lot of CBS in this league

i agree - i can't see Ware getting it personally.

Maybe Jared Allen?

nhpgiantsfan
01-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I was thinking before the game last night that if JPP could put up one more BIG performance last night, that he could probably have a shot. While he played great last night, he didn't have any game changing plays like the 1st Cowboy game. He will def be considered but I would bet Allen will get it especially with his 3 sacks yesterday, all in the 4th quarter I believe.

Spizi
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I was thinking before the game last night that if JPP could put up one more BIG performance last night, that he could probably have a shot.* While he played great last night, he didn't have any game changing plays like the 1st Cowboy game.* He will def be considered but I would bet Allen will get it especially with his 3 sacks yesterday, all in the 4th quarter I believe.*

It's hard to have a game changing play when you are held every play and double and triple teamed...

Gotta give Dallas credit at least they learned their lesson lol you CANNOT block JPP 1 on 1. Physically not possible lol

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I think he should get itHe has a chance but my guess Jared Allen wins it. Im disgusted Babin is even mentioned he is probably the worst run defender at DE in the NFL

poppa smurph
01-02-2012, 11:12 AM
IMO, Allen's got it all wrapped up..if anyone could mess up the handoff though its JPP, 7 foot wingspan??? That's insane..

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 11:13 AM
A lot of the writers on Twitter are championing Justin Smith of the 49ers.I know he doesnt have the stats of the other guys but he has had an incredible season.He is hurt though by Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis.,While JPP has been great the GMEN Defense as a whole has been terrible so I think that effects his chances.

Yonks
01-03-2012, 02:42 AM
I really hope jpp gets it. I have a friend who is a huge 49ers fan and actually predicted the 49ers going to the playoffs and all i could do is just laugh. Funny thing is, I knew eli would have a good year just because everybody was giving him a hard time when he put himself up there with Brady. Anyways back on topic, I think its Suggs or JPP for defensive player of the year.
Any thoughts?

shotcalla39
01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Bump... Kids a beast

smashndash715
01-12-2012, 07:55 PM
would love him to win it but i think suggs is going to win it

RobCarpenter
01-12-2012, 09:49 PM
When you look past the sacks and consider his total tackles as a DE, I think JPP has a very serious shot at winning the DPOY award.

gzellf
01-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I would love to see him win this, but I doubt he will...but it should add even more fuel to his fire for next year (not that he really needs any)

B&RWarrior
01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
The award is given to players that usually play on strong defenses. Excluding the last 3 games that would not be us. Jared Allen is the DMVP, he has has less tackles but he has more sacks, more FF, and more FR(these are the game changing stats) and he can get credit for being the most valuable player on a strong defensive unit. While JPP's play hasn't correlated to strong play for our defense, excluding the past 3 games.

M0rbid
01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
The award is given to players that usually play on strong defenses. Excluding the last 3 games that would not be us. Jared Allen is the DMVP, he has has less tackles but he has more sacks, more FF, and more FR(these are the game changing stats) and he can get credit for being the most valuable player on a strong defensive unit. While JPP's play hasn't correlated to strong play for our defense, excluding the past 3 games.

Explain......

scf424
01-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Sure, Allen made some huge game changing plays...in the 3 wins his team had.

Not taking anything away from his stats, because they are beyond impressive...

But JPP single handedly (literally AND figuratively) won us games. His team's in the playoffs. The tackle count means something.

It's not bunch of fans voting, and surely the voters will take this into account.

JPP
01-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Sure, Allen made some huge game changing plays...in the 3 wins his team had.

Not taking anything away from his stats, because they are beyond impressive...

But JPP single handedly (literally AND figuratively) won us games. His team's in the playoffs. The tackle count means something.

It's not bunch of fans voting, and surely the voters will take this into account.

Especially if you factor in the health of our defense as well. Jpp has been the only game changer on our defense on the field for every game plus injuries would hake our overall defensive unit worse. It would be cool if he at least made it as a nominee but I doubt he'll win it.

BlueSanta
01-13-2012, 08:07 AM
I said earlier I didnt think he could win it based on our defensive performance as a team.

However, now I am not so sure. Especially if he has a good game in the playoffs, like say....THIS WEEKEND. He could then vault to the front of the list.

nygsb42champs
01-13-2012, 08:37 AM
I think JPP should get it. He has had the most dominant year of all the candidates.

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 10:25 PM

NopeSuggs won

smashndash715
02-04-2012, 10:32 PM
would love him to win it but i think suggs is going to win it

ding ding ding

giantsfan420
02-04-2012, 10:33 PM

NopeSuggs won

the voting went suggs, allen, j.smith, jpp. suggs got the most by far tho, allen had like 14 votes i believe, smith had 6 and jpp had 5. def. dont think suggs had that much better a season to get as many votes as he did. i dont have a prob with him winning but i was confused to see the votes.

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 10:38 PM

NopeSuggs won

the voting went suggs, allen, j.smith, jpp. suggs got the most by far tho, allen had like 14 votes i believe, smith had 6 and jpp had 5. def. dont think suggs had that much better a season to get as many votes as he did. i dont have a prob with him winning but i was confused to see the votes.Suggs was an absolute animal against the run and the pass. But he did win a huge landslide, and he really wasn't that much better then JPP. JPP was actually better vs the run and almost identically as good vs the pass.

Both beasts, but should have been way closer. JPP will win a few if he stays healthy.

M0rbid
02-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Justin Smith over JPP?? Seriously? LOL.....

jhamburg
02-05-2012, 02:24 AM

NopeSuggs won

the voting went suggs, allen, j.smith, jpp. suggs got the most by far tho, allen had like 14 votes i believe, smith had 6 and jpp had 5. def. dont think suggs had that much better a season to get as many votes as he did. i dont have a prob with him winning but i was confused to see the votes.

Look at the history of the award...it consistently goes to players on top tier defenses, not mediocre/bad ones like Giants and Vikings were in the regular season. The only exceptions are guys with transcendent seasons, like Reggie White in 1987. If JPP is on the Ravens he wins easily.

Redeyejedi
02-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Justin Smith over JPP?? Seriously? LOL.....
Justin Smith is really good.Did u not see Eli Manning getting pummeled over and over 2 weeks ago.He was the best defensive player the giants played this year easy