PDA

View Full Version : After last season...I'm saving my judgments

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
You "Fans" disgust the living **** out of me...all I see is "fire coughlin" and "Bench ELi" threads everywhere.

Have you not learned a ****ing thing from last year? Backs agains the wall, in 2nd place and what do we do? We get hot at the right time and make the playoffs. WERE IN FIRST PLACE AND YOU WANT TO BENCH OUR QB AND FIRE OUR COACH BECAUSE HE "Lost the team"

HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE LOST THE TEAM IN THE LAST 8 YEARS??? According to NY Fans and media, approximatley 72 times....

And don't use the excuse "well last years team had more heart/skills/will to win" because you were using that excuse last year to compare last years team to the 08 team.

Yeah we lost. But were 2 games up on the NFC east with a bye week ahead of us. We are the best team in the NFCE CALM DOWN!!!!!!!

Toadofsteel
11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
How can a team that gets completely outplayed by the BENGALS of all teams be super bowl-quality? Do you need to see a loss to JACKSONVILLE before you believe that? Being blown out by a good team like the Saints last year is one thing.Being blown out by the BENGALS?

gumby74
11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
you might want to see the schedule ahead of us and compare it to what the rest of the division. This game was huge. Finishing with a losing record is still a very likely possibility - especially the way we're playing.

Being in first place right now, doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
@Toad...

What about losing to the Seahawks...at home...does that not count?

Barely beating the 0-6 bills...at home...does that not count?

What about losing 4 straight...does that not count?

Week 15 loss to Washington...does that not count?

We have a tendency of losting games that we should win, but we always bounce back.

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-11-2012, 05:11 PM
You "Fans" disgust the living **** out of me...all I see is "fire coughlin" and "Bench ELi" threads everywhere.

Have you not learned a ****ing thing from last year? Backs agains the wall, in 2nd place and what do we do? We get hot at the right time and make the playoffs. WERE IN FIRST PLACE AND YOU WANT TO BENCH OUR QB AND FIRE OUR COACH BECAUSE HE "Lost the team"

HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE LOST THE TEAM IN THE LAST 8 YEARS??? According to NY Fans and media, approximatley 72 times....

And don't use the excuse "well last years team had more heart/skills/will to win" because you were using that excuse last year to compare last years team to the 08 team.

Yeah we lost. But were 2 games up on the NFC east with a bye week ahead of us. We are the best team in the NFCE CALM DOWN!!!!!!!

I look at it this way,,we can not do this every year and expect to just flip a switch and win a super bowl,,,,the problems are much deeper this year.

egyptian420
11-11-2012, 05:13 PM
How can a team that gets completely outplayed by the BENGALS of all teams be super bowl-quality? Do you need to see a loss to JACKSONVILLE before you believe that? Being blown out by a good team like the Saints last year is one thing.Being blown out by the BENGALS?How about getting owned by the Redskins twice last year with Grossman?

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
@Toad...

We have a tendency of losting games that we should win, but we always bounce back.You're not getting it.

In those games, we were at least competitive and scoring touchdowns.

We are barely scoring touchdowns now. We have no rhythm on offense and our defense is still giving up huge chunks of yards.

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I look at it this way,,we can not do this every year and expect to just flip a switch and win a super bowl,,,,the problems are much deeper this year.

So a complete firesale and benching our QB is the perfect answer. I'm not saying there are problems. I'm saying I'm tired of everybody giving up all the damn time.

TheEnigma
11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
The team was basically called out by TC and didn't respond. To me, that is a huge indicator of things going south in a hurry. Even though the Cowboys only have 3 wins, they've been playing good football recently. If they win today, they have a huge chance to win the division.

BigBlueAllDay
11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
I can't really blame the coaches on this one. Players didn't look like they wanted to win the game today from the get-go.

FlyingTruck
11-11-2012, 05:18 PM
You're not getting it.

In those games, we were at least competitive and scoring touchdowns.

We are barely scoring touchdowns now. We have no rhythm on offense and our defense is still giving up huge chunks of yards.Hit the nail on the head.

I'll take 5
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
So a complete firesale and benching our QB is the perfect answer. I'm not saying there are problems. I'm saying I'm tired of everybody giving up all the damn time.I'm with you...Giants are probably playing horrible right now but no reason to Bench Eli or fire the coach. They'll re-adjust during the bye week...Thank God the bye week is in November

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
The team was basically called out by TC and didn't respond. To me, that is a huge indicator of things going south in a hurry. Even though the Cowboys only have 3 wins, they've been playing good football recently. If they win today, they have a huge chance to win the division.

It's all speculation...I agree that the team did not respond. But we have showed that we can beat the best even this year...They need to pull their heads out of their asses though...

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 05:20 PM
I can't really blame the coaches on this one. Players didn't look like they wanted to win the game today from the get-go.

I agree 100% Turnovers were the killer of that game

G-MANning4Life
11-11-2012, 05:20 PM
@Toad...

We have a tendency of losting games that we should win, but we always bounce back.
I agree with you. We do have the tendency to bounce back, but that's the issue...why must we HAVE TO bounce back all the time? We always get the early lead in the division (since the Coughlin era), yet we can never hold onto it. We look like two different teams in the first and second half of the season and we fans are sick of it. We can beat the best of the best in October, yet can lose to the worst of the worst in November.

Do I have faith we can make it to the playoffs? Of course. Am I happy with having our backs against the wall nearly year in and year out to do so? No, not at all. Will I take a playoff spot at any cost? Yes, we all would, but with how we are playing right now, nothing is guaranteed.

ANON837
11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
The team was basically called out by TC and didn't respond. To me, that is a huge indicator of things going south in a hurry. Even though the Cowboys only have 3 wins, they've been playing good football recently. If they win today, they have a huge chance to win the division.+1 This game was disgraceful. Losses are part of football. I get that. But it's how you lose that will make people sick. They just didn't show up. Out of sync and non-responsive. The front office can't be happy.

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Hit the nail on the head.

How? We played two bad games... there are 16 of them...

coursefan
11-11-2012, 05:36 PM
How? We played two bad games... there are 16 of them...

One could argue its more like 4 games where in one of them we were bailed out by a finger and the most troubling part is that we have REGRESSED EACH WEEK!!! how is this possible for SB caliber team?

Toadofsteel
11-11-2012, 05:49 PM
One could argue its more like 4 games where in one of them we were bailed out by a finger and the most troubling part is that we have REGRESSED EACH WEEK!!! how is this possible for SB caliber team?

This is what worries me the most...

NYGFaninILL
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
This is what worries me the most...

How we respond to the Packers will really determine how this team will proceed.

BurnerNYG
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Idk...last year we didn't look this bad. Imo regardless of the score, this game was worst than the N.O. game... at least they had a reputation of being unstoppable in the Superdome.

BigBlueAllDay
11-11-2012, 05:55 PM
How we respond to the Packers will really determine how this team will proceed.

Depends on whether the Giants still have a decent lead in the NFC East division... They might not really try until they really have to again.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah they do tis every year but they don't win the Super Bowl every year. I'm very happy with two Super Bowl wins over the past 5 years, but you can't win them all and this second half collapsing has ended bad more than it has good.

BurnerNYG
11-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Cruz came out of nowhere last year so unless someone else does an impersonation, we're not returning to the Superbowl.

coursefan
11-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I can only hope we have reached our bottom and cant possibly get any worse. We tend to rise for the bigger games. so lets see...
However i can keep getting that nagging sinking feeling about our play today...how is this possible? I mean even the good teams like NE, GB, NO when they lose they dont stink it up like. I mean not a single player stepped up to play.

Anyway, like you said after the GB game we'll to reevaluate our team assumption of being "good."

TheBookOfEli
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Packes Giants game all of a suddenly similar to last year. So 6-5 here we come.

BigBlue1971
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM

i gotta go along with this! we cant give up on these guys yet! yea we want all of 'em to succeed all the time but these things happen for a reason!

i would be much more upset if this was the 13th or 14th game of the season. we have plenty of time but they need to get going!