PDA

View Full Version : Since Diehl returned to the starting lineup

Gmen 802
11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
This offense has been completely derailed. This is no coincidence. I am not saying he's responsible for every bad play sometimes Eli has had enough time and no one has gotten open, but he has truly looked awful. Not saying Locklear is a pro bowl RT but at least that is his natural position and he is EONS better than DD. Goddamnit TC what are you thinking?

brad
11-11-2012, 04:10 PM
The offense was bad well before DD came back.. he is part of the problem, but they had issues well before last week.

Gmen 802
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I agree we definitely had some issues especially with people getting open, but it has just been absolutely abysmal these past few games. Diehl truly is a revolving door. Eli obviously hasn't played well either besides that and our backfield is invisible out there as well.

Mr. G-Man
11-11-2012, 04:22 PM
maybe eli is now feeling unsure with DD being the RT, making him compensate for DD's terrible-ness. which is clearly having an effect on the game.

they screwed eli and the offense's mojo by taking locklear out...

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I dont see how this can be a coincidence at all. The offense didnt have its greatest games against San Fran or Washington, but since Diehl came back the O has just gotten competely inept in all phases.

JPP=BEASTMODE
11-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Vote David Diehl to the Pro Bowl on NFL.com lol.If he gets in and we go to the Superbowl maybe the players can trick him into going to the Pro Bowl instead.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Just watch the game every time the Giants snap the ball whoever Diehl's suppose to be blocking is headed right at Eli!!

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
maybe eli is now feeling unsure with DD being the RT, making him compensate for DD's terrible-ness. which is clearly having an effect on the game.

I'm pretty sure this is what is happening.

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 05:05 PM
The last strip was the worst. DD just watched - litterally watched the rusher go up against his help on that side and around Eli's back.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 05:06 PM
The offense started their slump before he became the starter.

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Yea, and now it's MUCH WORSE.

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 05:11 PM

True but they've only gotten worse with him back.

sharick88
11-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I mentioned this coincidence in another thread. I don't know why a player automatically gets their job back on this team when they come back from an injury.enter David diehl and things go to hell. Can't blame it all on one guy, but his timing couldn't be any worse.

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Can't blame it all on one guy, but his timing couldn't be any worse.

It's a domino effect, and Diehl is the first domino. DL's grabbing on Eli's jersey as he is throwing = INT. Bradshaw feels like he needs to do more, fights for extra yards = fumble. I could go on and on.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
It's a domino effect, and Diehl is the first domino.No he's not. Yes he has been terrible, but they didn't do much in the two games before be became a starter. He is not the first problem but he is enhancing it.

harrycarson
11-11-2012, 05:26 PM

Diehl is terrible nuff said

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 05:27 PM
No he's not. Yes he has been terrible, but they didn't do much in the two games before be became a starter. He is not the first problem but he is enhancing it.

Yea, but they won those two games before Diehl came back. The offense was good enough to win.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Yea, but they won those two games before Diehl came back. The offense was good enough to win.Not really. They needed 6 turnovers and a finger out of bounds to beat Dallas. Why? Because the offense kicked field goals instead of scoring TD's.

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Not really. They needed 6 turnovers and a finger out of bounds to beat Dallas. Why? Because the offense kicked field goals instead of scoring TD's.

THEY WERE 5-1 WITH LOCKLEAR STARTING

1-3 WITH DIEHL starting and in the one win Diehl got hurt early in the game

If you still don't get it then I guess I can hit you over the head with a frying pan and you still won't get it.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 05:49 PM
THEY WERE 5-1 WITH LOCKLEAR STARTING1-3 WITH DIEHL starting and in the one win Diehl got hurt early in the gameIf you still don't get it then I guess I can hit you over the head with a frying pan and you still won't get it.I'm not defending his horrible play. He has been bad for years now. I'm saying the second half slide is not all on him though. Yes, they won the two games before he started again, but they where ugly wins and they where lucky. The problems started before he came back and he is enhancing them.

ManningToJPP
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Since Diehl has rejoined the family....

WE HAVE EATEN BREAD AND PEANUTS FOR DINNER. yuck

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm not defending his horrible play. He has been bad for years now. I'm saying the second half slide is not all on him though. Yes, they won the two games before he started again, but they where ugly wins and they where lucky. The problems started before he came back and he is enhancing them.

Any win is a good win in the NFL. They are not all pretty. But we can't even win ugly with Diehl in there. It is CLEARLY making Eli do things he normally doesn't do. If you don't see the domino effect DD is having on other people then so be it.

JJC7301
11-11-2012, 05:55 PM
The offense was bad well before DD came back.. he is part of the problem, but they had issues well before last week.
The O was doing a lot better before he came back and started. And the o-line was getting better.

gmen0820
11-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Diehl ****ing sucks. Can't believe people argued against that ALL offseason.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Any win is a good win in the NFL. They are not all pretty. But we can't even win ugly with Diehl in there. It is CLEARLY making Eli do things he normally doesn't do. If you don't see the domino effect DD is having on other people then so be it.I'll take a win even if its ugly but the offense was not playing good before he became starter. He has only been starting for two weeks now. The offense has been struggling for 4 weeks.

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I'll take a win even if its ugly but the offense was not playing good before he became starter. He has only been starting for two weeks now. The offense has been struggling for 4 weeks.

So what if the offense was struggling. That happens in the NFL. But struggling is so much better than putrid. Your point is pointless.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
So what if the offense was struggling. That happens in the NFL. But struggling is so much better than putrid. You point is pointless.Don't get angry now. You said he started it all and all I said was that he didn't start the problems on offense but he has enhanced them.

TheEnigma
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Diehl ****ing sucks. Can't believe people argued against that ALL offseason.

Lots of people believed Diehl was better than Beatty this offseason. I remember arguing with someone in a 25 page thread about why Diehl sucks now.

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Don't get angry now. You said he started it all and all I said was that he didn't start the problems on offense but he has enhanced them.

Yes kind of the way a magnifying glass ENHANCES the sunlight on an ant's head. :)

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Don't get angry now. You said he started it all and all I said was that he didn't start the problems on offense but he has enhanced them.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said he started it all. I said he is the first domino that leads to other player mistakes, like Eli making quicker decisions than he wants to and resulting in the INT's you saw today.

5-1 with Locklear starting
1-3 with Diehl starting

NorwoodBlue
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
It was a really poor coaching decision to put Diehl ahead of Locklear; especially when Diehl had found a role a the jumbo TE. TC totally destroyed the continuity of the OL, and has hurt pass protection badly.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 06:20 PM
It's a domino effect, and Diehl is the first domino.Sound like you did say he started it.

moosedrool
11-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Sound like you did say he started it.

You obviously don't understand what I said and for some reason are taking it out of context. I can't explain it any better than I already have, and if you still don't get it then so be it.

5-1 with Locklear starting (if that's struggling, I like struggling)

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I'll take winning any day too but they where struggling and maybe their luck ran out. Yeah, Diehl is terrible, has been for years. Just saying he is not the start of the offensive slump. Nuts because they won a couple of games doesn't mean they where not already slumping.

drewz
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
0-3 when Diehl starts