PDA

View Full Version : eli isn't the problem, he just represents the problem

erivera
11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
honestly, eli manning is not the problem with this team right now. he's going to take the blame, but there are so many other issues right now.

1. corey webster is horrible and the corners are not that good. how do you let aj green have a walk in touchdown on the first drive of the game? then how is it that the corners seem to have good coverage yet constantly give up big plays in the pass game?

2. special teams isn't doing anything good. they give up a 68 yard punt return after a penalty when weatherford put them deep in their own territory. they also couldn't open any lanes for wilson to return. lastly, wilson and randle couln't even decide who was going to take the kick return at one point.

3. offensive line is horrendous right now. eli didn't have time to throw the ball. he should've held the ball, and taken sacks a couple times, but he had no time. there were also no holes for any running back to run through during that game.

4. receivers and backs were terrible. on the few times eli had time to throw the football he ended up having to settle for a check down because nobody was getting open. there were drops all over the place, and don't even get me started on the game bradshaw had. his fumble, in my opinion, officially lost this game for them. they were going in for a score of some sort, and he coughs up the ball trying to get extra yards. took away all the momentum they had.

5. defensive line. dalton had all day to throw.

eli isn't playing well, but if you put this loss solely on him you're lost. other guys have to start making plays. they can't hope eli and jpp save them every week.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Thank you.

RoanokeFan
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
honestly, eli manning is not the problem with this team right now. he's going to take the blame, but there are so many other issues right now.

1. corey webster is horrible and the corners are not that good. how do you let aj green have a walk in touchdown on the first drive of the game? then how is it that the corners seem to have good coverage yet constantly give up big plays in the pass game?

2. special teams isn't doing anything good. they give up a 68 yard punt return after a penalty when weatherford put them deep in their own territory. they also couldn't open any lanes for wilson to return. lastly, wilson and randle couln't even decide who was going to take the kick return at one point.

3. offensive line is horrendous right now. eli didn't have time to throw the ball. he should've held the ball, and taken sacks a couple times, but he had no time. there were also no holes for any running back to run through during that game.

4. receivers and backs were terrible. on the few times eli had time to throw the football he ended up having to settle for a check down because nobody was getting open. there were drops all over the place, and don't even get me started on the game bradshaw had. his fumble, in my opinion, officially lost this game for them. they were going in for a score of some sort, and he coughs up the ball trying to get extra yards. took away all the momentum they had.

eli isn't playing well, but if you put this loss solely on him you're lost. other guys have to start making plays. they can't hope eli and jpp save them every week.

Eli is part of the problem

nygfan90
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM

4. receivers and backs were terrible. on the few times eli had time to throw the football he ended up having to settle for a check down because nobody was getting open. there were drops all over the place, and don't even get me started on the game bradshaw had. his fumble, in my opinion, officially lost this game for them. they were going in for a field goal, and he coughs up the ball trying to get extra yards. took away all the momentum they had.

eli isn't playing well, but if you put this loss solely on him you're lost. other guys have to start making plays. they can't hope eli and jpp save them every week. I fixed that little part for you lol. I agree, eli isn't playing well but i think he's a little worried about the pressure from the right side and its throwing him off his game a bit. Hopefully after the bye, we'll be fine.

erivera
11-11-2012, 04:31 PM

what i'm saying is that eli can't be perfect all the time. sometimes players need to step up and make plays. cruz drops a td late in the game. eli checks to a running play that worked and bradshaw fumbles. eli is scrambling all over the place because o-line can't protect. we look to him to make plays, but other guys need to step up and help him.

Sarcasman
11-11-2012, 04:32 PM

While all this is true, there are very few posters here smart enough to even understand what you posted, let alone accept it as true.

Roosevelt

Webster has played like crap but on that play Brown may have been responsible with help over the top.

Rusty192
Eli is part of the problemSo are TC and Gilbride.

erivera
I fixed that little part for you lol. I agree, eli isn't playing well but i think he's a little worried about the pressure from the right side and its throwing him off his game a bit. Hopefully after the bye, we'll be fine.

i'll say they were going in for a td to make the bradshaw fumble seem worse. lol.

nygfan90
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
i'll say they were going in for a td to make the bradshaw fumble seem worse. lol.lol fair enough

Sarcasman
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm pretty sure that's obvious. I thought Eli was included in the rant...along with many, many, many just as other guilty parties.

erivera
11-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Webster has played like crap but on that play Brown may have been responsible with help over the top.

brown might've been the culprit on that play, but webster has given up too many big plays for me to trust he was right on that play.

Sarcasman
11-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Exactly.

Die-Hard
11-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Without a doubt. His decision making harkens back to his first few years in the league. He looks positively stupid out there lately, and it's getting worse every week. When people wonder why there are detractors when the "Eli is elite" talks start, they need to think about this 4 game stretch, where he has looked like a damn amateur out there. He's not the ONLY problem, mind you, but he is definitely a part of the problem.

erivera
11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
after the bye coughling better go back to locklear on the line. diehl needs to sit.

danielboone
11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Actually there is enough blame to go around. Eli is not playing very well either. Most of his passes have been off target the last few games. But hardly anybody played well today. The offense has been in a funk for several games. It's hard to believe this is the same team that completely dominated the Niners. Defensive turnovers and special teams allowed us to win a couple of those games against weaker opponents. The last couple of weeks there has been a reckoning. The team is going backwards instead of forwards since the Niners. I don't know why.

BigBlueAllDay
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
It's going to be pretty hard to let Eli pass today's embarrasment with those 2 INTs, especially the first one trying to dump it off to an ineligble receiver OL lol, that got easily converted to Bengals TDs and practically sealed the game in the 3rd quarter. Giants wouldn't have won anyway with everything just going the Bengals way today.

erivera
11-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Without a doubt. His decision making harkens back to his first few years in the league. He looks positively stupid out there lately, and it's getting worse every week. When people wonder why there are detractors when the "Eli is elite" talks start, they need to think about this 4 game stretch, where he has looked like a damn amateur out there. He's not the ONLY problem, mind you, but he is definitely a part of the problem.

this is my problem with people criticizing eli. he hasn't played well, but how is he supposed to if guys drop passes and his o-line isn't protecting? other guy need to break tackles or catch a high throw. when eli doesn't have that confidence that guys can do that he can't take good chances he normally would. they turn into bad chances.

look at the td the bengal scored to make it 31-6. the receiver was covered by amukamara and dalton threw it. the receiver didn't make a clean catch, but he still held on. where was a play like that for the giants? outside of nicks on 4th down that wasn't there today.

Die-Hard
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
this is my problem with people criticizing eli. he hasn't played well, but how is he supposed to if guys drop passes and his o-line isn't protecting? other guy need to break tackles or catch a high throw. when eli doesn't have that confidence that guys can do that he can't take good chances he normally would. they turn into bad chances

I'm sorry that you feel that Eli should not be criticized, but he has been earning it lately. Hes not the only problem, but he IS a part of it, in large part due to his horrible decision making and his accuracy being completely gone.

BigBlue1971
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Eli is the unquestioned leader of this team and does need his players to step up; however he is as much the blame as anyone else!

he doesnt play with passion recently and noone else does either. they are in a team funk but i expect they will be different in two weeks!

erivera
11-11-2012, 04:53 PM
the only point i'm trying to make is that if eli is the one being questioned the other areas of the team won't be fixed. on defense, we always blame the pass rush for not getting to the qbs. now they may not always get there, but there are things called coverage sacks. if the giants just expect eli to throw for 500 yards in two weeks then the o-line, special teams, and skill players won't play better. that's ultimately the point i'm trying to make. keep the focus where it belongs.