PDA

View Full Version : Our New #1 Corner

Overdrive92
11-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Is Prince. I am sold on this kid, and he is playing circles around Webster. He is our new #1 corner in my mind.

Good for him to step up. He was the only bright spot on this defense. Actually, the only bright spot on this entire team.

Captain Chaos
11-11-2012, 07:08 PM
He still got a TD thrown on him, we are weak in the secondary, at LB and on the D line. Basically the Defense is a mess!

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 07:10 PM
He still got a TD thrown on him, we are weak in the secondary, at LB and on the D line. Basically the Defense is a mess!

Agreed, but he had good coverage. Well thrown ball, good catch and a bad decision by Prince to try to go around him when he should of tried to go in front of him to bat it down.. it happens.. At least he didnt let Green go wide open down the sideline.. lol

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
We have to draft corner again this year and o-line. Time for JR to face the music and get some Great defensive player and o-line players

bigblue2088
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
played great, he did all he could on the TD catch on him

EnragedYouth85
We have to draft corner again this year and o-line time for JR to face the music and get some Great defensive player and o-line players

You need cap space for that....

Eliscruzzz
He still got a TD thrown on him, we are weak in the secondary, at LB and on the D line. Basically the Defense is a mess!Dude Prince had a solid game today. Was it fault that Eli threw the most idiotic pass ever??

Buddy333
Prince and Blackburn where the only guys that showed up on defense today.

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
You need cap space for that.... Cap space to draft players???

Overdrive92
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
You need cap space for that....

We have a lot of extra baggage we can afford to cut. Diehl and Osi are just the top of that list.

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Prince and Blackburn where the only guys that showed up on defense today.

Yup! JPP didn't do much but he probably had 3 guys on him since Tuck and Osi can't get past 1 on 1's anymore..

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 07:17 PM
We have a lot of extra baggage we can afford to cut. Diehl and Osi are just the top of that list.

Yeah I hear ya, but they actually have to do it. Bradshaw is a hot mess with all these injuries too..

Cap space to draft players???

Well you had a lot of request on the list, CB, DL and OL.. I just assumed you couldn't get all those in the draft in one year.. my bad for assuming you'd get a few from FA... lol

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah I hear ya, but they actually have to do it. Bradshaw is a hot mess with all these injuries too..

Well you had a lot of request on the list, CB, DL and OL.. I just assumed you couldn't get all those in the draft in one year.. my bad for assuming you'd get a few from FA... lolNo lol I'm talking building through the draft.

nycisgreat
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't bet on TT and CW as my starting CBs next season. These guys are both done. I can't see these having any impact in the future. We need some cover corners.

Overdrive92
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't bet on TT and CW as my starting CBs next season. These guys are both done. I can't see these having any impact in the future. We need some cover corners.

Webster will be back next year. They have no choice. It's not like they have another starting caliber CB waiting behind him. Next year is the final year on Webster's contract. He will play through it and then we'll see what happens.

ManningToJPP
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
since when did Webster becoming the laughing stock/***** of this defense that every team goes after? I kinda feel bad for him. But he sucks...

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM

this will be a completely different team next year if they drop some of these overpaid players..

Webster, Bradshaw, Diehl, TT, Osi and who knows who else could be on the block..

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't bet on TT and CW as my starting CBs next season. These guys are both done. I can't see these having any impact in the future. We need some cover corners.They should draft Xavier Rhodes dude is 6'3 is 220pounds I think. Next time you watch Flordia state keep an eye on 27

Roosevelt
11-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Was it fault that Eli threw the most idiotic pass ever??

Yeah but ultimately that's on Gilbride since he dictates every pass Eli makes - remember?

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah but ultimately that's on Gilbride since he dictates every pass Eli makes - remember?

Yup, he even told him to throw that 1 1/2 yard pass to the DT lol

plaxattack17
11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
i'm happy with Prince, he's been important, but is anyone else furious and puzzled by Webster's displays? He is getting beat and buying fakes and gettign caught wildly out of position almost every snap. He was a lock down corner last year, this year he couldn't defend an inanimate object.

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Hosley was schooled again....he needs to know when to gamble....he turned what should have been a 4th and 4 into a TD.

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah but ultimately that's on Gilbride since he dictates every pass Eli makes - remember?I said it was both but you are still too stupid to realize that...you really need to get over yourself,actually no keep making yourself look like a horses behind.

G-MANning4Life
11-11-2012, 09:10 PM
He definitely covered AJ Green better than Webster did. Prince has been fairly consistent throughout the season, with a couple of TD's thrown on him, but other than that, he still has performed better at CB.

Roosevelt
11-11-2012, 09:28 PM
http://boards.giants.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Roosevelt http://boards.giants.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?p=577311#post577311)

I said it was both but you are still too stupid to realize that...you really need to get over yourself,actually no keep making yourself look like a horses behind.

Comprehension trouble? Only a horses behind would have agreed with 420's asinine comment. And yes, that be you sunshine.

Cloud57
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
can we get rid of webster and draft a good CB

Roosevelt
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Yup, he even told him to throw that 1 1/2 yard pass to the DT lol

I guess you read that ridiculous thread. lol.

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Comprehension trouble? Only a horses behind would have agreed with 420's asinine comment. And yes, that be you sunshine.Cause 420 said it was both...but still you are to stupid to realize that for what the 100th time? Lol get a life bro instead of following me around criticizing my every post. Yeah I saw what you said the last time about me saying it to your face. It's pretty easy to say that behind a keyboard. And I need to grow up...please.

Roosevelt
11-11-2012, 09:32 PM
can we get rid of webster and draft a good CB

I cannot believe how poorly he's played this year.

jaxnygmen
11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes the TD was bad because they switched to late. The WR did bobble it a bit and only caught it because he trapped it on Prince's hip. Why in the world did we not take a look at Burflict as a free agent? He is better than all three of our Starting LB's.

hungrrrry
11-11-2012, 09:34 PM
You need cap space for that....Actually, you make cap space for that...a lot of dead weight can be cut...I am not impressed with Tuck, Osi, Webster, Phillips, even Canty...we could save significant cap space by letting these guys walk and bring in guys that want to work hard, study film and not look for the limelight or media buzz.

Offensively, Diehl, Baas, Bradshaw, Carr and Cruz's contract may not need be too big with his drops and apparent invisibility at times

Jerry Reese will have some soul searching to do this off-season

BigJ
11-11-2012, 09:38 PM
We have 3 starting corners that are picked in the 3rd round or beter and they all arnt very good right now,Webster is the worst of all though the guy flat out sucks this season. If you want to include KP and T2, they are also first and second round picks always hurt. And we got Rolle who is a former first rounder picked up in free agency. With all of them taken that high u think someone out there would be able to do somthing haha. Its sad

Roosevelt
11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Cause 420 said it was both...but still you are to stupid to realize that for what the 100th time? Lol get a life bro instead of following me around criticizing my every post. Yeah I saw what you said the last time about me saying it to your face. It's pretty easy to say that behind a keyboard. And I need to grow up...please.

Don't play stupid. I called out 420 only for his claim that Gilbride dictates every pass Eli makes. And you supported it that claim. If you reread the thread you will see EVERYONE said it was both except the OP.

And yes, it is very easy to grow keyboard muscles which is why I said I was open to discuss this with you face to face.

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Don't play stupid. I called out 420 only for his claim that Gilbride dictates every pass Eli makes. And you supported it that claim. If you reread the thread you will see EVERYONE said it was both except the OP.

And yes, it is very easy to grow keyboard muscles which is why I said I was open to discuss this with you face to face. He said it was both, can't understand why you can't understand that.Plus I've seen you agree with the nonsense that MS puts up on a consistent basis. So what now that I agreed with him that it was both your going to keep up with this bs?? It's ok, but it just gets annoying. You think that what you say is always right,but once again you don't understand anything. when you understand what I and he was talking about then I can take you serious. Please don't play dumb with me, you know what you meant when you said we can talk about this face to face. For the last time He said Eli may dictate the throw but it is KG scheme that dictates he makes that throw...un-der-stand??

Antwuan
11-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Prince has been our best CB this season.

TucknRolle
11-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Prince's TD pass he gave up he actually got a hand on the ball. It just so happened that the ball was deflected luckily into the belly of the receiver.

FlyingTruck
11-12-2012, 01:38 AM
He's playing great. But it doesn't really matter when QB's can just keep throwing Websters way.

gmenfan0488
11-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Prince has easily been our best corner this year, imo.

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Prince has easily been our best corner this year, imo.

Prince is the best of the worse secondary in the league. He deserves much praise.