PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's picks not helping the situation

Shockeystays08
11-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Our team has many issues. it's unfortunate many of our higher end picks can't help us out a little to get out of the funk. Brewer a fourth rounder can't help our average at best OL? Jernigan a 3rd round pick with speed, quickness and moves with YAC drooling out of him can't offer more of a weapon for Eli than Barden?Austin a 2nd round pick even when healthy has shown little to justify spending a 2 pick on. If he was healthy has he shown enough to even be active on game day? David Wilson, get's taken in the first round but by mid season he still can't pick up assignments and pass block good enough to get his explosiveness on the field except for returning kicks? Route Tree Randle a number 2 can't show enough yet that we have to use an obviously hampered Nicks instead. Route Bush Randle maybe? We have a stale playbook and some old bread guys playing. We could use some reinforcements but they haven't arrived. We could use some creative play calling but that doesn't seem to be arriving either.

TheShouldersOf
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I Believe Jerry wanted Wilson, the Coaches wanted Martin, and i believe that could be a reason Wilson is not seeing more touches and time on the field

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
I Believe Jerry wanted Wilson, the Coaches wanted Martin, and i believe that could be a reason Wilson is not seeing more touches and time on the field

I didn't like the Jernigan pick at all.....thought LB or OL should have been the call.

I was excited about Marvin Austin, but so far, he's been a disappointment.

dakotajoe
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Is this purely speculation? And how do we know how good Wilson is currently in pass protection? Do we have an inside source at Giant's practice?

I'm sure the staff can come up with a game plan to give Wilson more than 1 touch a game. You don't need to pass protect when you are running the football. Bradshaw hasn't been protecting the ball, so what's the difference?

ShakeandBake
11-11-2012, 08:02 PM
I didn't like the Jernigan pick at all.....thought LB or OL should have been the call.

I was excited about Marvin Austin, but so far, he's been a disappointment.

In hindsight it was a bad pick, but really who would have thought Cruz would have become what he is now?

Cloud57
11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Is this purely speculation? And how do we know how good Wilson is currently in pass protection? Do we have an inside source at Giant's practice?

I'm sure the staff can come up with a game plan to give Wilson more than 1 touch a game. You don't need to pass protect when you are running the football. Bradshaw hasn't been protecting the ball, so what's the difference?

Eli isn't any better at protecting the ball since he throws an int in almost every game

joemorrisforprez
11-11-2012, 08:24 PM
In hindsight it was a bad pick, but really who would have thought Cruz would have become what he is now?

I understand the logic behind the Jernigan pick, but I just thought OL and LB needed more attention at the time. I figured Nicks, Manningham, Dixon and Barden were enough.

We did hit the jackpot with Cruz, though.

Tmurda1984
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Don't forget Travis Beckum was a wasted pick as well. Reese was hoping Beckum would turn out to be one of those Chris Cooley type players who is a tweener between a tight end and H-Back. Jerry Reese is really screwing up this team, and I feel like Im the only one feeling this way. How many years are we going to complain about this offensive line and linebacker position. What about the running back position? It was a position of need and you sit there and let Tampa Bay jump in front of us...WHY!!! Be aggressive Reese. Then he gambles and loses Ballard for good, so after this Bennett project falls through we will be back to looking for another tight end. Offensive linemen like Boothe, Baas, Diehl, and Locklear would be backups anywhere else. Whoever is our offensive line coach has to be crying after every practice.

Cloud57
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
we need a big physical RB (like jacobs) to compliment our current RBs. all of current RBs are 'small'

ShakeandBake
11-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I understand the logic behind the Jernigan pick, but I just thought OL and LB needed more attention at the time. I figured Nicks, Manningham, Dixon and Barden were enough.

We did hit the jackpot with Cruz, though.

Yeah I was hoping for some o-line help before day 2 as well, hopefully after this season Reese will pick some up early next draft

Toadofsteel
11-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Wilson, Randle, and Hosley would all be producing more if our ****ing coaches would actually let rookies do anything to produce.

BlueBlooded1979
11-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Wilson is a joke right now. He may be the most explosive back on the team but he has the same affliction Bradshaw suffers from. He runs sideways way too much. Even his returns are becoming laughable with his dancing around.

TheShouldersOf
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Cutting isn't a bad thing, if you have the talent to do so, and don't over utilize it,

Wilson has the talent to cut without the loss of speed, but if he has nowhere to cut to it makes a problem