PDA

View Full Version : I think the problem with the Defense is the Offense

rebelfan1966
11-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Our offense just keeps turning the ball over, cant score any points to amount to anything, and it has to be hard on the Defense to get fired up under those circumstances.

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Or do well when they just got off the field and now have to defend against a TD starting on our own 20 lol..

rebelfan1966
11-11-2012, 06:54 PM
sad indeed..... I probably should have exercised the "next day" rule before I posted anything this evening, because I am a but miffed at the moment... lol

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
sad indeed..... I probably should have exercised the "next day" rule before I posted anything this evening, because I am a but miffed at the moment... lol

lol, yeah this game is not on the defense IMO. Yes, Webster blew the first series but how can they be asked to be on the field for like 3/4's of the game and stop teams from working who are already within our own 20..

BigBlue1971
11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
actually special teams, offense and defense are feeding off each other but in a negative way!

i wish we didnt go into the bye week losing but thats the nfl. any given Sunday!

hopefully the break will energize them! it doesnt get any easier!

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
actually special teams, offense and defense are feeding off each other but in a negative way!

i wish we didnt go into the bye week losing but thats the nfl. any given Sunday!

hopefully the break will energize them! it doesnt get any easier!

We could send them a couple pallets of adoral..

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Our offense doesn't stay on the field for more than 2 freaking minutes. Our defense is going to get tired..

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Ok then - all those 3rd down and 4th down conversions were because of the O. It IS possible that the D sucks all on its own.

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok then - all those 3rd down and 4th down conversions were because of the O. It IS possible that the D sucks all on its own.

It is possible, totally but the offense consistantly going 3 and out isn't helping the defense at all..

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 07:55 PM
It is possible, totally but the offense consistantly going 3 and out isn't helping the defense at all..This

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Our offense doesn't stay on the field for more than 2 freaking minutes. Our defense is going to get tired..What pro team can honestly use this as an excuse if its anywhere before the 4th quarter. These babies start the game tired. The 10+ play drives and 3rd and 4th down conversions that they let up all by themselves are what's getting them tired.

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
It is possible, totally but the offense consistantly going 3 and out isn't helping the defense at all..Down 14-0 had nothing to do with the O and being tired. Just awful play.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
What pro team can honestly use this as an excuse if its anywhere before the 4th quarter. These babies start the game tired. The 10+ play drives and 3rd and 4th down conversions that they let up all by themselves are what's getting them tired.That too. I'm not saying it's only us, but we aren't converting 3rd downs..at ALL. We've been horrible on 3rd downs this year and it's causing our defense to stay on the field longer than they really should.

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
That too. I'm not saying it's only us, but we aren't converting 3rd downs..at ALL. We've been horrible on 3rd downs this year and it's causing our defense to stay on the field longer than they really should.I honestly don't recognize this team and its inefficiency. I just take issue with the need to try and bail out this awful awful defense with excuses. Being tired just makes them sound even worse.

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Down 14-0 had nothing to do with the O and being tired. Just awful play.

Well the 7-0, completely Websters fault. Yes.

The other is:

A. ****ty offense play giving the ball back right away
B. ****ty ST play and stupid *** penalty..

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Well the 7-0, completely Websters fault. Yes.The other is:A. ****ty offense play giving the ball back right awayB. ****ty ST play and stupid *** penalty..Totally but we can't use "fatigue" as an excuse right? This excuse in particular is thrown out way too early IMO.

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I honestly don't recognize this team and its inefficiency. I just take issue with the need to try and bail out this awful awful defense with excuses. Being tired just makes them sound even worse.It's not an excuse if it's true, just look at the tape. They are on the field way too long. Partly their fault, and well some of the offenses fault too.

EnragedYouth85
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Totally but we can't use "fatigue" as an excuse right? This excuse in particular is thrown out way too early IMO.

Agreed, it's just like the injury excuse. Just throwing it out there that the whole team has played like garbage..

poppa smurph
11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I couldn't watch the whole game, saw the first series, then had a meeting to get to ( it's ok to miss the G-Men if the meeting is football related ).
Saw the first Cinci TD and cringed... the problem on D has nothing to do to with the O, TOP for this game was a whopping 30 sec difference in favour of Cinci, but IS exactly the same problem that is going on with the O.
Not winning the battles at the point of attack and bone-headed plays in space.. and this seems to extend to all three phases.

Ruttiger711
11-11-2012, 08:11 PM
It's not an excuse if it's true, just look at the tape. They are on the field way too long. Partly their fault, and well some of the offenses fault too.Good because down 14-0 fatigue wasn't the cause so not true . Giving up the second touchdown they may have played a total of 2 minutes prior.

erivera
11-11-2012, 08:33 PM
the defense is awful. right now the only guy i can say is a keeper on this defense is jpp. other than that they've become the saints or packers from last year. they look for big plays like int's and fumbles, but if they don't get em it's usually a touchdown for the opposing for the offense.

nycisgreat
11-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Our offense just keeps turning the ball over, cant score any points to amount to anything, and it has to be hard on the Defense to get fired up under those circumstances.

Sad but true.

Sarcasman
11-11-2012, 10:44 PM

I'd need to see some more evidence.

Wait! I've seen enough. The answer is yes.

And the whole team sucks.

Sarcasman
11-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Good because down 14-0 fatigue wasn't the cause so not true . Giving up the second touchdown they may have played a total of 2 minutes prior.

It was an exhausting two minutes. Ask my wife what that's like.

embeshAtYa
11-11-2012, 11:05 PM
watching giants games last few weeks is like watching football games in slow motion.

gumby74
11-11-2012, 11:14 PM
The D sucks, but not as bad as the O right now. The O just makes the D suck even more.

sharick88
11-11-2012, 11:16 PM

I agree with your basis of this. Add poor special teams play and constant 3 and outs by the offense to your argument as well

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-11-2012, 11:20 PM
lol, yeah this game is not on the defense IMO. Yes, Webster blew the first series but how can they be asked to be on the field for like 3/4's of the game and stop teams from working who are already within our own 20..It has been that the last 3 games prior NOW!!!!. Go figure. We are almost last in offensive production now after the last 4 games.

GiantWarfare
11-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Our offense is gutless