PDA

View Full Version : I see ultimate heartbreak in the near future

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-20-2011, 01:16 AM
I would enjoy to eat crow if I am wrong, but I see us (the fans) being dragged along to the end, again, this year, just to be let down. There is no reason for me to believe this team can run the table. The offense may have been horrible last game, but they have done their part the majority of this year. This defense is absolutely horrid. I do not see any form of coaching to stop this bleeding. Sucks man, but this is going to be another year where we get to look at the draft early again. </P>

chizz
12-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Yea same here Idk what would be worst winning against the jets and getting my hopes only to lose to the cowboys at home or to just lose out

giantsforce
12-20-2011, 01:21 AM
I would enjoy to eat crow if I am wrong, but I see us (the fans) being dragged along to the end, again, this year, just to be let down. There is no reason for me to believe this team can run the table. The offense may have been horrible last game, but they have done their part the majority of this year. This defense is absolutely horrid. I do not see any form of coaching to stop this bleeding. Sucks man, but this is going to be another year where we get to look at the draft early again. </p>Nah, you are not going to eat crow. 8 out of 9 years this has been happening under Coughlin. Nothing new here. To those of you who do not believe in coaching changes, I hope you are watching the 49ners. Same players as last year, new coach, new system and behold instant contenders. Well, keep the 3 stooges and you will get the same comedy in New York over and over again.

NYGiants2120
12-20-2011, 01:30 AM
I would enjoy to eat crow if I am wrong, but I see us (the fans) being dragged along to the end, again, this year, just to be let down.* There is no reason for me to believe this team can run the table.* The offense may have been horrible last game, but they have done their part the majority of this year.* This defense is absolutely horrid.* I do not see any form of coaching to stop this bleeding.* Sucks man, but this is going to be another year where we get to look at the draft early again.* </P>I agree with you, it stinks but what can you do... its part of being a fan

buddy33
12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Being dragged to the end would mean they win this week and then lose next week. I'd not see that happening. This is the game where they completely fold. The players are pointing fingers and throwing one another under the bus. This is the game where we see a little fight on the side line after a completely wide open Holmes or Burress score a TD on a 50 yard pass.

Jets 38
Giants 17

TuckYou
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Being dragged to the end would mean they win this week and then lose next week. I'd not see that happening. This is the game where they completely fold. The players are pointing fingers and throwing one another under the bus. This is the game where we see a little fight on the side line after a completely wide open Holmes or Burress score a TD on a 50 yard pass. Jets 38 Giants 17</P>

Well, technically, even if they lose to the Jets which seems inevitable, Dallas will get sliced and diced by the Eagles prolonging out slow death into week 17 vs the Cowboys where 8-8 could win us the division.</P>

Whats funny is, even if we lose to the Jets, and by some miracle beat the Cowboys, we still wind up getting the shaft by having the Eaglecome all the way back and winning the division due to tie breakers. Cowboys, Giants and Eagles all would be 8-8. </P>

buddy33
12-20-2011, 10:48 AM
I think the Giants lose to the Jets and Dallas wins the division this weekend.

SIMMS5611
12-20-2011, 11:00 AM
If the Giants don't make the playoffs, I'll have 8 months to rag on them, &amp; be angry, disappointed, etc...</P>

So until then,I'm going to spit in the face of conventional thinking, &amp; I will embrace this team for the next 2 weeks...</P>

I may be disappointed &amp; disgusted by the Giants shoddy play this year, but I detest &amp; loathe the Jets, and the Cowboys every year, and I wish them nothing but failure and ill will these next 2 weeks!</P>

LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!</P>

whakka
12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
lots of ppl said the same thing in 07 when they went through dallas and gb to take down those scumbag pats in the greatest bowl ever.

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 11:05 AM
And I'll be cheering (and jeering) all the way to the bloody end.

Being a Giants fan is character building.

NJ10
12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
I know we looked bad Sunday but I believe this team will beat the Jets on Sunday setting up a huge showdown with Dallas.

Before the skins everybody knew we could lose a game before the Cowboy game and be in the same exact position. So what has Changed? NOTHING. We beat the Jets which we should and then beat Dallas again. I don't see a problem here.

burier
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
you mean your heart isnt already broken?

because mine is. I'm still shocked actually.

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
My nightmare scenario:

I see the Eagles winning the division.

Given the Redskins debacle, I can see the Giants choking one final team to the Jets, and once the pressure is off, they'll play real tough and loose for the benefit of Philly fans against the Cowboys, and beat them in the finale.

I actually can picture Philly Eagle fans in stands of MetLife (their 2nd favorite venue), cheering against the Cowboys.

If that happens, I hope Mara nukes the team....anyone not named Manning or JPP should be in that mix.

galaxy10
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
I see the Giants winning out and going to the Super Bowl. No I am not drinking. I believe. Just wanted a different perspective on the boards. I will root for the G-men till the fat lady sings.

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 12:33 PM
And I'll be cheering (and jeering) all the way to the bloody end.

Being a Giants fan is character building.

That is absolutely true.

JimC
12-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Being dragged to the end would mean they win this week and then lose next week. I'd not see that happening. This is the game where they completely fold. The players are pointing fingers and throwing one another under the bus. This is the game where we see a little fight on the side line after a completely wide open Holmes or Burress score a TD on a 50 yard pass. Jets 38 Giants 17</p>

Well, technically, even if they lose to the Jets which seems inevitable, Dallas will get sliced and diced by the Eagles prolonging out slow death into week 17 vs the Cowboys where 8-8 could win us the division.</p>

Whats funny is, even if we lose to the Jets, and by some miracle beat the Cowboys, we still wind up getting the shaft by having the Eaglecome all the way back and winning the division due to tie breakers. Cowboys, Giants and Eagles all would be 8-8. </p>

That's EXaCTLY what's going to happen. I predicted this a few weeks ago. I believe the Eagles are playing the best ball in the division at this point.

JMFP2
I see the Giants winning out and going to the Super Bowl.* No I am not drinking.* I believe. Just wanted a different perspective on the boards. I will root for the G-men till the fat lady sings.

I'm applying a bit of reverse psychology. Every time I get high on this team, I get hosed. So, I'm going into the end of the season bracing myself for the worst possible outcome.

UK-Giantsfan
no heartbreak this year

i have already lowered the bar to the lowest possible level of expectation

we were 6 and 2 for God's sake !!!

all that is left in the season is the possibilty of pleasant surprise ( when we miraculously beat the Jets and Cowboys and ruin both their seasons )

I wouldnt even really care if we then lost 42-0 to Atlanta in the wildcard ( as long as we shut up Rex Ryan and Jerry Jones in the process)