PDA

View Full Version : Any good defensive coordinators out there?

VBGiantsFan
11-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I can't help but be extremely jealous of rob Ryan and the Dallas defense especially seeing the product perry Fewell puts on the field. Remember we won the Super Bowl with the 27th rated defense. What are we rated this year?

Cloud57
11-11-2012, 09:25 PM
any good offensive coordinatos out there?

Tmurda1984
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Well the Cowboys actually spent money on their defense. The chased their guy in free agency, chased their rookie in the draft to solidify their secondary. And they got a young explosive middle linebacker in Bruce Carter. Meanwhile, Reese sits comfortably on draft day allowing fate to be part of the draft process. Reese sits there with no urgency on draft day and picks the next available guy high on his draft board regardless of need. The Cowboys are not successful as us because we having a better coaching staff and Romo is a choke artist when Eli flourishes under pressure packed situations.

bg79
11-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I just want a coordinator who coaches an aggressive style. Don Brown of Uconn is a guy I think should get an NFL job in some capacity. He's been fantastic and his motto is "solve your problems with aggression".

syrup
11-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Juan Castillo:cool:

DayOneGiant
11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
any good offensive coordinatos out there?

+1

harrycarson
11-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I really think we need a def coordinator....Perry is my least favorite giant as he single handily places our guys on islands....terrible

Tmurda1984
11-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Yea he puts his corners on islands....Didnt Sprags do the same thing. Then when we get a more conservative coordinator like Bill Sheridan, we throw him under the bus. Give me a break....at some point you cant blame the coordinator....maybe we should take a look at COOR "core" players in this defense. Lets sit down and evaluate Osi, Tuck, Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi, Webster, Rolle and lets see if these guys are getting the job done. These core guys are getting older...when will Reese's players going to shine and make this unit alot younger. Where is Jacquien Williams, Herzlich, Tyler Sash, Marvin Austin, Adrian Tracy...when are any of these guys going to emerge as the next good core guys in the group. Sintim, Jones, Ross, Thomas are all gone.

Toadofsteel
11-11-2012, 10:50 PM
We need to replace either TC or Killdrive, whichever of the two made the decision to start Diehl, even after his showing in Pittsburgh. Locklear alone would have tipped the scales in our favor. 2 Interceptions wouldn't have happened with Locklear, 2 Cincy TD's averted, we get at least a FG out of each of those drives. 20 point swing right there. All because our coaching staff thought that Diehl was any good these days. It's O'hara all over again...

dnotch121
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
How is it that most teams can fire coaches mid season but we can't?

BlueBlooded1979
11-11-2012, 11:50 PM
How is it that most teams can fire coaches mid season but we can't?

Because it never fixes anything and doesn't allow the FO to make a decision based on the entirety of a season. It is also classless and reeks of desperation.

Toadofsteel
11-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Because it never fixes anything and doesn't allow the FO to make a decision based on the entirety of a season. It is also classless and reeks of desperation.

And we don't reek of desperation already? Unless we're going to buck this extreme downward trend, we're going to wind up losing every game from here on out, until losing to Philly 72-0...

sharick88
11-12-2012, 12:08 AM
I can't help but be extremely jealous of rob Ryan and the Dallas defense especially seeing the product perry Fewell puts on the field. Remember we won the Super Bowl with the 27th rated defense. What are we rated this year?

Why are you tripping on the defense in a game where they allowed about 275 yards, had to defend short fields more than a few times today because of turnovers and poor special teams, and had to go right back out there after a bunch of 3 and outs? I felt that the giants defense played better than you think

I Bleed Blue 56
11-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Ok I agree with the post here. We made Redman look like Jim Brown and Dalton look like Tom Brady. Dont get me started on Romo and there WR's seriously. You cant point blame on the players but they play the game called by the coaching staff. Osi is done yet they keep him on the field and we have two young guys in tracy and Ojomo waiting. We are the omly team in the nfl that doesnt sit our veterans when there under performing.

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 01:10 AM
We won 2 SBs so our coaches are gonna be here for a loooooong time besides no one else would want them.