PDA

View Full Version : Lack of deep plays lately...

NYGBandit
11-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Every 3rd down pass play was ridiculously congested... it seemed like 4 stop routes numerous times and the safeties linebackers and corners are playing inside position zone with nowhere to throw... did anyone else notice this? WRs were gaining no seperation as they played press coverage and why not... we weren't running well... ( bradshaw the ballerina ) and we have no playaction ability... why don't we do what works for us... attack downfield... then work the comeback when they play off... and when they bracket the outside run up the guy... teams aren't taking this away... i dont understand..

Captain Chaos
11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I think it is lack of plays period....

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Teams have completely took away the deep play, that's actually why we've been struggling, or one of the reasons.
We live and die by the big play.

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
I facepalmed when they ran a play action out of the gun with Hyno. He hadn't touched the ball once and they expected the Bengals to fall for it?

BigBlueAllDay
11-11-2012, 08:56 PM
simple question to that is why do the Giants always seem be in a passing situation and almost always getting to 3rd downs? It just makes it a lot easier for defenses to just play the pass and tell the special team to get ready for a punt.

NYGBandit
11-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Normally I would agree but there was tons of times where they brought the house on the blitz and you could see single safety high and both receivers on the edge running to the sticks... 7 men coming in with 3 being pressed... thats normally our cue for a deep pass... but kildrive wasn't having any of that today... also it seems like Manning's play changing ability has been limited since that whole back-shoulder fiasco where they criticized throwing on 3rd and short... something is off with this team... and even when teams covered deep we'd still throw there to keep them honest... there is none of that lately...

NYG4lifeNYK
11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I facepalmed when they ran a play action out of the gun with Hyno. He hadn't touched the ball once and they expected the Bengals to fall for it?

LOL seriously.... lmao

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 08:59 PM
simple question to that is why do the Giants always seem be in a passing situation and almost always getting to 3rd downs? It just makes it a lot easier for defenses to just play the pass and tell the special team to get ready for a punt.Because our play calling and lack of execution stalls the other two downs.

Cloud57
11-11-2012, 09:03 PM
simple question to that is why do the Giants always seem be in a passing situation and almost always getting to 3rd downs? It just makes it a lot easier for defenses to just play the pass and tell the special team to get ready for a punt. because Bradshaw can't gain any yards in the run game

Daytona Giant
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
It all comes down to the line play at least at the begining of the season they were were pass blocking and Eli had a little time back there The last few weeks since Dallas he doesn't even have enough time for a slant pass today even if they ran one. Dallas exposed our weakness and everybody follows suit.