PDA

View Full Version : What did u guys think of VONTEZ BUFICT???

BigJ
11-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I think he is a solid Linebacker. I think he was actually voted Defensive player of the week in the begining of the season. He played good today and Has played pretty well all season. When someone would bring him up on these boards during the draft people hated him and said he sucks and isn't worth it. I can see why some said that because of his combine but he was picked jp undrafted. Wish we could of gave him a shot. Wish we could have takin a shot on him. He's better then most of the Guys we have. What do u guys think of him now half way through the season and this game????

Tmurda1984
11-11-2012, 10:31 PM
He's definitely better than Herzlich....But if you throw some linebacker names out there that we missed, you will get flamed because 90% of these fans take criticism of Reese personally.

sharick88
11-11-2012, 11:01 PM
He had a good game today. Shot, even pacman Jones had a good game today. That's all you need to know about how we were offensively

BlueBlooded1979
11-11-2012, 11:28 PM
He is an average linebacker playing being a DL that is on fire. He comes off the field in a lot of their sub packages.

BigJ
11-11-2012, 11:38 PM
He is an average linebacker playing being a DL that is on fire. He comes off the field in a lot of their sub packages.
He's a lot better then most of our guys. He even was covering better then boely when out there. Boley can't even cover Tightends anymore. Bufict would have been a big help if we took a shot on him the way our backers look....... Not sayin he would be our savior but he could def play strong side for us and put Kiwi back on the line u know were he belongs, why he was a first round draft pick. A lot of people said he wasn't worth the trouble, well he doesn't seem to be any trouble in the NFL and they got him on the cheap. He proved a lot of people wrong. If he wasn't such an ******* during the combine he could be a lot richer though haha

baywest
11-11-2012, 11:39 PM
I actually know Vontez. He play with my son at ASU. He is actually a respectful young man on person. He will get better. His only about 20 or 21

sharick88
11-11-2012, 11:42 PM

Dude, you're just hating. LOL

rtr1105
11-11-2012, 11:56 PM
I like him and I wanted us to take a late flier on him or at least sign him as a free agent. He's got good quickness towards the sideline and anything thrown short up the middle doesn't turn into anything big due to him and Maualuga.

BigJ
11-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Dude, you're just hating. LOL
Haha there's a lot of Vontez haters on this board I'm surprised there isn't more coments from them all like there was durin the draft, and i bet they hate to see the guy do good when most people besides a certain few said he was a waste. Good that he's doin good wish we had him.

sharick88
11-12-2012, 12:02 AM
I was suprised that we didn't take a flyer on him. Everyone was too wrapped up in his poor combine and discipline issues at ASU. Good to see him bounce back from all of that drama and be a productive NFL player.

FlyingTruck
11-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Nothing special. A lot like a bunch of the linebackers we've passed up on.

BigJ
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Nothing special. A lot like a bunch of the linebackers we've passed up on.
He had a week were he was voted AFC Defensive player of the week, covered pretty decent when out there, he covered better then Boley to compare. Tackles really good. He's better then the LBers we have, And is second on his team in tackles with 62. That's pretty good for an undrafted rookie haha. I wouldn't say he's special but to get him undrafted comming out of collage for as cheap as they do and for him to take a starting role and have all that. I'd say he's the biggest steal right now out of any rookie...... So for everyone to say he is average and nothing special is just not giving him and the Bengals any credit for taking that risk when we were to dumb to do it with the bums we got at LB.

Tmurda1984
11-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Bufict would of never been a Giant. Reese doesnt like those hard working blue collar players without the great size and athletic ability. Reese kinda of gets consumed with combine stats. Reese would put a athletic JPP at linebacker before he takes a look at Bufict.

bigblue2088
11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I always wanted to draft him. I hate when a player's personal life affects his draft stock. Good play and he's maturing

Redeyejedi
11-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Hard to draft a guy with his personality. The guy ignored his assignments and would freelance, he got his coach fired, completely botched the whole draft process failing interviews and being out of shape. Dont blame the giants for passing. The guy was so humbled by what happened maybe he got his head right

rainierjef
11-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Hard to draft a guy with his personality. The guy ignored his assignments and would freelance, he got his coach fired, completely botched the whole draft process failing interviews and being out of shape. Dont blame the giants for passing. The guy was so humbled by what happened maybe he got his head right

Exactly. I thought he would of been a UDFA. The bengals were hurting on LB's and took a flyer on him. Good for them that he turned out good. I am still upset we gave up the 5th rounder for Rivers, but thats just me.

Martyr
11-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Woulda coulda shoulda. Who cares he doesn't play here

BlueSanta
11-13-2012, 05:46 AM
Again, he would not work here, or at the very least he would be a huge risk. Would you seriously want to expose this kid, with his behavoral problems, to 1) the NYC nightlight or 2) the abusive media questions here?

I am sorry it is just too big of a risk. Behavior matters.

Captain Chaos
11-13-2012, 06:00 AM
The Kid had talent and also some issues, wasn't surprised that the G'men passed on him...Though we have a good locker room for dealing with those types of problems!

hungrrrry
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
I was actually hoping we would pick Burfict with our #1 pick in the draft until information surfaced about his off-field issues....I still wanted us to get him...even with a 5th rounder