PDA

View Full Version : Ah how cool heads never prevail here. Never shocking to see. Continue.

DragonSoul
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
I am not calling for anyones head just yet (Coaching or players). But it is amazing too see how many players and coaches get thrown under the bus. Some rightfully so, many not.

PS. It was disgusting from what I was able to watch. Did they ever run a no huddle? Or even tried to be aggressive that game? Either way I will worry should there come a GB loss and they had no fight. As then they will probably get up for that one, and if they dont well then its a different story.

I do agree with Billick when he said they just seem off, & not focused. I am curious if Sandy is having an affect on them as they are human and have or know of people who have or are suffering still. The bye week was perfect timing imho.

The only thing I cannot stand is the obviousness of the team on both sides of the ball. More so bland game plans. Usually we only see some good ones or more wrinkles in them during big time game/opponents, otherwise its generally the same for the middle tier or lower tier teams in general.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 10:12 PM
They didn't lose because of the hurricane.

bigbluetribe
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
you cant make excuses, doing the same things and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity and thats whats happeneing here. We have gotten lucky thus far but there are holes. This happens all the time and its no longer some coincidence, theres a reason behind it. come to terms with that

ny06
11-11-2012, 10:16 PM
You're reaching with the Sandy issue regarding families and personal lives. These guys are professionals and for 3 hours once a week they have a job to do. Like you I'm not ready to throw a player or coach under the bus. But.... Something doesn't look good on this team, Tom Coughlin called out his defense and right at the start of the game they let an easy touch down to the receiver who commented "they have holes in their secondary" The Giants as a team have two weeks to figure out what the issues are and how to fix them. Additionally, Tom Coughlin doesn't like the word "collapse" around his presence; well Tom you will get plenty of that talk the next two weeks whether you like it or not.

GiantGremlin
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I am not calling for anyones head just yet (Coaching or players). But it is amazing too see how many players and coaches get thrown under the bus. Some rightfully so, many not.

PS. It was disgusting from what I was able to watch. Did they ever run a no huddle? Or even tried to be aggressive that game? Either way I will worry should there come a GB loss and they had no fight. As then they will probably get up for that one, and if they dont well then its a different story.

I do agree with Billick when he said they just seem off, & not focused. I am curious if Sandy is having an affect on them as they are human and have or know of people who have or are suffering still. The bye week was perfect timing imho.

The only thing I cannot stand is the obviousness of the team on both sides of the ball. More so bland game plans. Usually we only see some good ones or more wrinkles in them during big time game/opponents, otherwise its generally the same for the middle tier or lower tier teams in general.

People like to be overly dramatic on this board - I agree that today's loss was awful, and totally inexcusable, but here are some things to consider:

1) The past 2 losses have been to AFC opponents
2) Giants still lead the div by something like 1.5 games, our div stinks & Dallas, Philly & Wash are just now playing each other
3) They have a bye week coming up, and in all these years don't remember them having one in the middle of their 'collapses' during the Coughlin era. They can regroup and have 2 weeks to prepare for GB
4) Again our division stinks

DragonSoul
11-12-2012, 12:05 AM
They didn't lose because of the hurricane.Not saying they did or didn't. I feel they have enough things that are the issue, but they are also human. And if you think it has no affect on them, then you are mistaken. But I do not blame the loss on the hurricane. Just one of many possible factors big or small as i stated above. Plus some obvious ones not mentioned as others are finally beating a dead horse.