PDA

View Full Version : I think the Giants are doing this on purpose.

gian_18778
11-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this team-----which was the exact same way I felt last year, and the year before. It seems to me that the Giants prefer to "lull" their way into the playoffs, and then turn it on down the stretch. Seems like their up to their old tricks again, lol.

I'm not worried or concerned about this team, we'll do just enough to get into the playoffs, and then turn on the after-burners.

:)

Rudyy
11-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Well it's annoying! lol

Cloud57
11-11-2012, 11:12 PM
at least the offense was playing better last year and scoring TDs

RoanokeFan
11-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Now we wait for two weeks before we can see if there is improvement or not. The games don't get any easier.

Buddy333
11-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Maybe you are on to something. I mean the team didn't show up today at all. Maybe they are saving themselves for the end of the season.

BigBlueAllDay
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Coughlin did say he wanted to go 7-3 into the bye week. I guess as long as the team is in control of their destiny and is not in a situation where they have to rely on another team to lose and another team to win on Week 17 to get in, it's not too bad.

TheBookOfEli
11-11-2012, 11:18 PM
If they are doing this on purpose then damn it's a dangerous game to play.

GiantGremlin
11-11-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this team-----which was the exact same way I felt last year, and the year before. It seems to me that the Giants prefer to "lull" their way into the playoffs, and then turn it on down the stretch. Seems like their up to their old tricks again, lol.

I'm not worried or concerned about this team, we'll do just enough to get into the playoffs, and then turn on the after-burners.

Put it this way, if you're going to tank a game...might as well be a non conference opponent

Astorian
11-12-2012, 12:07 AM
This team has lost its fire. The defense is confused and ineffectual. The offense is mediocre and predictable. We're on the verge of becoming irrelevant. We're going to have difficulty winning another game.

poppa smurph
11-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Maybe you are on to something. I mean the team didn't show up today at all. Maybe they are saving themselves for the end of the season.hmmm, the old, " string together 3 games worth of deceitful game film to set up the second half of the season " bit....

GiantRoc
11-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Yes. We have them right where we want them.

nycsportzfan
11-12-2012, 02:17 AM
i don't care if they just squeaked in 10yrs in a row the exact same way, it'd still not make me believe that is gonna happen every yr or the yr that were in. I just simply believe in play every football game like its ur last and don't put any thing to chance, and at least give it ur all to get those wins and secure playoff birth as soon as possible..

Long losing streaks at mid to end of season will bite us in the rear at some point and we'll never know when that'll be..

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Well if they are doing this on purpose then Dallas and the Eagles send their heart felt thank you.

poppa smurph
11-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Well if they are doing this on purpose then Dallas and the Eagles send their heart felt thank you.And we thank them for falling for it

TucknRolle422
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
You guys can't be serious

talbot
11-12-2012, 02:52 AM
I mean luckily it was to an AFC opponent, so they can still win potential tie-breakers over teams.

However, I don't think any team would try and lose games or not show up to a game just so they can "get hot" later on.

That's absurd.

rcrane
11-12-2012, 06:31 AM
If they are doing this on purpose then damn it's a dangerous game to play. This... We arent good enough to win any game we please...all of our playoff wins have been damn close(save the falcon game) And we werent holding back there..i really wish we were just giving these games away

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 07:35 AM
If they are going to crap the bed for 3 straight weeks, I wish I would get the memo so I dont have to watch the games!!!!!! I about went on a killing spree after yesterdays game!!! The Giants flatout sucked and were a disgrace.

BTW DAVID DIEHL.......just punch yourself in the face repeatedly will ya!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUQB_rPIyPUj5XCQ8Wc4DgRiTl4BWBG Ip4HG67AVatsJKLs9fLQgDuh.... these are mah shoulda pads and this is mah helmuuut! DUH!

giantyankee1976
11-12-2012, 07:47 AM
counting the PRE SEASON they have played: 14 games straight.

14 games with no BYE up until now. Physically, mentally they are/ were in SERIOUS NEED of a break.

In these next weeks though they better rebuild the wheel. ergo, rediscover sound, fundamental, productive BALANCED offensive football and BEND but don't break Defense.

Looking at you KG and Perry Sheridan Lewis :mad:

Dorothy
11-12-2012, 08:03 AM
I mean luckily it was to an AFC opponent, so they can still win potential tie-breakers over teams.

However, I don't think any team would try and lose games or not show up to a game just so they can "get hot" later on.

That's absurd.

oh, come on, get with it, keep your sense of humor, this is not the end of the world.

NYGNash
11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
The only reason I see it fit to lose a game on purpose would be to rest up key player..... but seen as this was the last game before a 2 week break..... I see no need to lose .....

Last time I checked a W was always a W!

SweetZombieJesus
11-12-2012, 08:14 AM
I hate making a crappy 3-5 team look like world beaters and giving scrubs career days. Andy Dalton 4 TDs? They were rubbing our noses in it all day especially going for it on 4th down several times.

Which team was the defending champs? You'd think it was the Bengals watching the game.

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I agree, the Giants are just letting the rest of the Division make it close!

barcode56
11-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Thats it!! The Giants are holding back on the good plays until the end of the season!! lol!!

I feel better now!

GameTime
11-12-2012, 09:33 AM

they have been playing worse and worse each week for the last 4 weeks. This is not on purpose.Eli hasnt thrown a TD in like 90+ attempts.

Right now they suck.........big time.

jimsgints
11-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I understand your frustrations. I really do. I haven't seen this much trouble on both side of the ball since the 70's. That's right it's been that long. When you see pathetic at temps at execution, coaching, desire, fundamentals and so on then yea you have to go back that far, maybe further. It's not something that can be fixed with a bye. I think a few things can be fixed but overall I'm not so confident.

ManningToJPP
11-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I've supported the conspiracy theory before, and I suppose I could entertain it again.

Maybe they want their backs against the wall? Or they want teams later in the year to overlook them? Maybe the just want to instill the underdog mentality? Maybe the NFL itself has a hand in how the season shakes out? Who knows.

All i know is w...ighjnvjbvbfbjkjnjgnfkgnk :mad:

giantyankee1976
11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
All i know is w...ighjnvjbvbfbjkjnjgnfkgnk :mad:

LOL that's awesome, thanks for the laugh !

gian_18778
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Guys,

Tom Coughlin used his, "Nobody Gives Us a Chance To Win", rallying cry a too early and as a result people started to believe in the Giants, as evident by NFL analysts picking us to win, which always gives me the heepy-geepies!

We perform at our best with our backs up against the wall, that's just Giants football, sure it's not good for the heart, and respiratory systems, but that's our way of playing football. Now that we've *lowered* everyone's expectations, we can now focus on doing what we do best-------which is preparing for the home stretch, and no one giving us a chance to win any of those games.

GO GIANTS!!

giantyankee1976
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
with a 14 game stretch it was like the niners game was their SB

SM-MF-H !!!

gian_18778
11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Do you believe me now?