PDA

View Full Version : cant blame Eli

wrek537emc
11-12-2012, 12:35 AM
i really cant blame Eli

the Oline,diehl especially, cannot protect the QB.
receivers cant get open receivers have too many drops Bennett the most, cruz is catching up
no run game worth worrying about so opposing D's are drooling at the chance to take manning out

Overdrive92
11-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Well I'm not in the same boat as you. I can blame Eli.

Yes the O-Line stinks, as does the running game. And ye his WR's aren't playing well either. But Eli is playing awful too. He had 2 INT's today that were both downright disgusting.

baywest
11-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Oline didn't stink until somebody made it smell. I blame this on coach TC. Why would you mess with a line that won 4 games in a row. Think about it. The games we lose this year is when diehl was in except the eagles.

giant-4-life
11-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Eli played like crap. He tried to get that ball off and ended up as an INT. half assed lob to the bengal defender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuN-tFvgRc0

GameTime
11-12-2012, 05:55 AM
are you kidding me.....Eli sucks right along withthe rest of the team.....
the only players who are diong their jobs are Tynes, Weatherford and DeOssie.....

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 06:39 AM
I CALL BS!!!!! Eli is sucking just like the rest of the team.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 06:43 AM
Eli couldn't even hit a quick out yesterday, he deserves to be thrown under the same bus as the rest of the team.

This is how they defend their Super Bowl title? Shameful. They didn't even put up a fight.

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 06:47 AM
i really cant blame Eli

receivers cant get open receivers have too many drops Bennett the most, cruz is catching up
no run game worth worrying about so opposing D's are drooling at the chance to take manning out

When all goes well Eli is the MVP and when it all turns to **** Eli is?

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 07:04 AM
When all goes well Eli is the MVP and when it all turns to **** Eli is?I realize Eli cannot carry this team on his back every game but be honest, the last 3 or 4 games he has not even been on par. Ever since the talking heads started saying he was elite and had a good chance of being the league MVP he has crapped the bed!

barcode56
11-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!

The problem is this....NO ONE RESPECTS THE NY GIANTS RUNNING GAME!!!!!

Its that simple!!

How can Eli throw when no one is open because the The field is flooded with defenders that should be up to stop the run!!

Now Eli is left with trying to force passes...bad passes...rushed passes etc..

We have no running game....Our secondary cant cover sh*t...

Now all the pressure is on our passing game and the other teams know it so dont blame Eli!!

Hope fully this bye week we can correct alot of things

jakegibbs
11-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!

Its that simple!!

How can Eli throw when no one is open because the The field is flooded with defenders that should be up to stop the run!!

Now all the pressure is on our passing game and the other teams know it so dont blame Eli!!

How they gonna correct getting the WR's corp? Are they suddenly gonna get bigger & stonger & faster & get off press coverage & oh yeah catch the *&%^ ball no drops?
How they gonna correct their lack of premeir RB? Is Bradshaw suddenly gonna get a new pair of feet & return to his 07, 08 form? Is the rookie gonna prove he's not the bust that he is? Can Brown play more that 20 snaps without injury?
How they gonna correct their awful O & D lines? Are those players suddenly gonna get younger stronger faster & more physical?
How they gonna correct their undersized under speed secondary?
How they gonna correct their poor passing QB?
How they gonna correct the special team KO returner. Who used to fly up to to meet the mass of humanity coming down the field but now seems to tip toe to around the 15 before finding a place to lie down.

How they gonna correct their draft selection process by getting bigger, faster & more physical players to replace those that used to be that but alas now have lost a few steps due to age.

Yeah they need to correct some many deficiencies that I don't think are possible this year. I hope I'm wrong but man oh man what happened to this NYG football team since the 2nd Dallas game is beyond belief.

Green Bay - loss
New Orleans - loss
Atl - loss
Balt - loss
Wash- Toss up
Eagles - Toss up

Best you can hope for right now is that dreaded 8-8 season. Been there & done that.

Doom dispair & agony on me... deep dark depresion constant misery I'm afraid.
They're gonna start by giving all the players this week & weekend off I betcha.

Diamondring
11-12-2012, 07:44 AM
I blame Eli for those two ints cause he didn't have to throw the ball and there was another option. If he thinks he can;t get the ball to the other options, then take the sack.

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Well I'm not in the same boat as you. I can blame Eli.

Yes the O-Line stinks, as does the running game. And ye his WR's aren't playing well either. But Eli is playing awful too. He had 2 INT's today that were both downright disgusting.

Absolutely, I was wondering what Eli was thinking about, especially that left handed throw, he's done that before and cost us a game.... Though I will give you this, the O line was pathetic not everyone, Double D is a revolving door even I could run around him, Baas was not doing much in there either, and Snee had the sense at least to take himself out of the game...

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!

Its that simple!!

Eli can call runs if he wants...

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 08:10 AM
I realize Eli cannot carry this team on his back every game but be honest, the last 3 or 4 games he has not even been on par. Ever since the talking heads started saying he was elite and had a good chance of being the league MVP he has crapped the bed!

I'm not defending Eli by any means. I don't think it's ALL his fault, but he is right at the top of the list

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!

Its that simple!!

Bro...watch the game....Eli sucks too....just like the rest of the O.....

GCGiant
11-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Eli does not play well with pressure in his face. He tries too hard to make a play when there is not one there. You would think by now that he would just take the sack but he doesn't for some reason.

With that said, I think it is pretty obvious that they play better when DD is on the sideline. Just my $.02.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Eli does not play well with pressure in his face. He tries too hard to make a play when there is not one there. You would think by now that he would just take the sack but he doesn't for some reason.

With that said, I think it is pretty obvious that they play better when DD is on the sideline. Just my $.02.

I like DD and what he meant to the team and is ture Giant. But its time for him to scout himself and say "Coach....I need to be a back up". The coaches need to see this as well. he is part of the the problem that needs to be fixed....

GCGiant
11-12-2012, 09:01 AM
I like DD and what he meant to the team and is ture Giant. But its time for him to scout himself and say "Coach....I need to be a back up". The coaches need to see this as well. he is part of the the problem that needs to be fixed....Maybe it is just coincidental, but when he was out, they played well, ran the ball, protected...time to throw...and now it is like a Chinese fire drill out there on offense.

Defensively...I just can't explain it. I thought with Osi, Tuck, and JPP they would never need to blitz to get pressure on the QB, but it just ain't happening. Our DB's cannot cover people all over the field forever, and they do have a lot of picks. I think if the pressure would ever return our defense would turn it around, but that appears to be a big "if".

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
How they gonna correct getting the WR's corp? Are they suddenly gonna get bigger & stonger & faster & get off press coverage & oh yeah catch the *&%^ ball no drops? How they gonna correct their lack of premeir RB? Is Bradshaw suddenly gonna get a new pair of feet & return to his 07, 08 form? Is the rookie gonna prove he's not the bust that he is? Can Brown play more that 20 snaps without injury? How they gonna correct their awful O & D lines? Are those players suddenly gonna get younger stronger faster & more physical? How they gonna correct their undersized under speed secondary? How they gonna correct their poor passing QB? How they gonna correct the special team KO returner. Who used to fly up to to meet the mass of humanity coming down the field but now seems to tip toe to around the 15 before finding a place to lie down. How they gonna correct their draft selection process by getting bigger, faster & more physical players to replace those that used to be that but alas now have lost a few steps due to age. Yeah they need to correct some many deficiencies that I don't think are possible this year. I hope I'm wrong but man oh man what happened to this NYG football team since the 2nd Dallas game is beyond belief. Green Bay - loss New Orleans - loss Atl - loss Balt - loss Wash- Toss up Eagles - Toss up Best you can hope for right now is that dreaded 8-8 season. Been there & done that. Doom dispair & agony on me... deep dark depresion constant misery I'm afraid. They're gonna start by giving all the players this week & weekend off I betcha. The CBA REQUIRES they get extra time off

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 09:05 AM

I think you'll find that most quarterbacks struggle when they're constantly under pressure.

Eli's always been that way, he tries to make a play no matter what. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!
Eli is NOT to blame!!

Its that simple!!

How was our running game last season? How as our O line last season?
And we were SB champs.

ryan12
11-12-2012, 09:09 AM
eli has the dumb lost in the woods look again that he had for his first few years. he doesnt look good right now he isnt stepping up in pocket he is getting sacked something that WASN'T HAPPENING with locklear in... dd is old slow soft and doesnt need to be playing bench his ***. dont give me the ole what he has meant to this team he is a liabilty out there and it shows

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I like DD and what he meant to the team and is ture Giant. But its time for him to scout himself and say "Coach....I need to be a back up". The coaches need to see this as well. he is part of the the problem that needs to be fixed....

The last time Diehl played RT they brought in KMAC to solve that problem.

njg85m
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I was the first to say Eli was the best QB in the league when he was playing like it so it's only fair to call him out on his poor play now.

I understand he has no running game or O-line to protect him and we have multiple drops, but he has to share a good amount of the over all blame. He's making 06/09 decisions again. Which is scary.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I was the first to say Eli was the best QB in the league when he was playing like it so it's only fair to call him out on his poor play now.

I understand he has no running game or O-line to protect him and we have multiple drops, but he has to share a good amount of the over all blame. He's making 06/09 decisions again. Which is scary.
He's making 04 decisions right now.

ryan12
11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
The last time Diehl played RT they brought in KMAC to solve that problem.

good point sir

wrek537emc
11-12-2012, 09:39 AM
we had no pressure on the opposing qb, his receivers made the catches whether they were wide open or covered well... our guys arent making catches n they r not going up to get the ball. eli has 2 seconds b4 he gets sacked n our receivers cant get open. he was getting killled out there felt like we were playing last years niners. when diehl was out eli didnt get sacked...when deihl comes back... welcome to sack city.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
good point sir
I've been saying this for years. DD is a LT. Its the only position he's ever been qualified to start at. He was terrible several years ago at RT, and he wasn't a very good guard either.
He obviously doesn't have the athleticism anymore to play LT so right now he's a backup. He can play 3 positions (at a back up level) so he has value. But NOT as a starter.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Eli Manning's bad day wasn't all his fault, says Tom Coughlin. The O-line wasn't good. "He was under duress ...... a lot today, Coughlin said. I think he got what, (they had) four sacks and another seven or eight hits on the quarterback today? The protection was not what you would want; its a combination. Again, there were times when perhaps the protection was good and we were holding the ball a little bit longer (than usual) due to people not being open or whatever." #NYG

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I like DD and what he meant to the team and is ture Giant. But its time for him to scout himself and say "Coach....I need to be a back up". The coaches need to see this as well. he is part of the the problem that needs to be fixed.... +1

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 09:48 AM
+1
Not sure what this means. DD needs to save the Giants from himself and TC?

Jtuck
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
eli has the dumb lost in the woods look again that he had for his first few years. he doesnt look good right now HE ISN'T STEPPING UP IN POCKET he is getting sacked something that WASN'T HAPPENING with locklear in... dd is old slow soft and doesnt need to be playing bench his ***. dont give me the ole what he has meant to this team he is a liabilty out there and it shows

You, I have been saying this forever with Eli's game. The entire bar yesterday was screaming at the TV STEP UP IN THE POCKET AWAY FROM THE RUSH! Eli just sits back there like he has cement shoes on and thinks the rush won't get to him. At times Eli has very piss poor pocket awareness!

ManningToJPP
11-12-2012, 10:03 AM
cant blame Eli, his mom is the one who decided to keep him :)

can't blame Diehl, ...wait..yes. yes we can blame diehl :mad:

EliDaMANning
11-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I have a feeling Eli would've taken those sacks because that's what he did last year but he just was too ticked off. You could see he wanted to hurt someone real bad. I hope he has a long talk with his coaches and tells them what they need to fix.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Not sure what this means. DD needs to save the Giants from himself and TC?

no....I was just being rehtorical since the bye week is always meant for self scouting byt the players and coaches.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 11:17 AM
no....I was just being rehtorical since the bye week is always meant for self scouting byt the players and coaches.
Seems clear that DD is a backup anymore at best and Locklear should have not been replaced.
But DD is one of many problems facing this team.
I have no idea why this defense is playing so badly. And while I don't blame Eli by himself, he is a big part of the problem. He's playing like **** and while yesterday's game probably couldn't be saved, the Pitt game would have been won with better QB play.
Eli isn't the problem, but he's a big part of the problem.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Seems clear that DD is a backup anymore at best and Locklear should have not been replaced.
But DD is one of many problems facing this team.
I have no idea why this defense is playing so badly. And while I don't blame Eli by himself, he is a big part of the problem. He's playing like **** and while yesterday's game probably couldn't be saved, the Pitt game would have been won with better QB play.
Eli isn't the problem, but he's a big part of the problem.I am gonna say that the Defense is playing poorly because they dont get any down time. They were on the field for 3/4 of the game.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I am gonna say that the Defense is playing poorly because they dont get any down time. They were on the field for 3/4 of the game.Exactly. The offense is on the field for like what..2 minutes?

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Exactly. The offense is on the field for like what..2 minutes?This has been the 3rd straight game for this nonsense!!

sharick88
11-12-2012, 11:36 AM
i really cant blame Eli

You can blame him for those two bad INTs he threw yesterday. Instead of taking sacks, He tried to make plays with defenders hanging all over him. That's on him. I'm sorrry, but he definitely is a huge part of the offensive problem, along with everything else.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
This has been the 3rd straight game for this nonsense!!
Its the fourth straight game of this nonsense.

sharick88
11-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Maybe he's regressing somewhat. Has anyone thought about that? Maybe he has already maxed out. Not saying that he is, but it is something that should be talked about.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Maybe he's regressing somewhat. Has anyone thought about that? Maybe he has already maxed out. Not saying that he is, but it is something that should be talked about.
Its all about attitude and confidence with Eli. Despite his calm exterior, he has always be iffy in the confidence department. His increased pocket presence and calmness last year had much more to do with confidence. When he loses it, like now, he regresses to the old, bad Eli.
I do expect a vet like Eli to have a little better control of his attitude game in and game out.
he has the tools obviously, but without confidence, they don't mean a lot.

Harooni
11-12-2012, 11:56 AM

no i doubt that, maybe people just over estimated how good he was because his knack for the 2 min drill

Marvelousmik
11-12-2012, 12:24 PM
are you kidding me.....Eli sucks right along withthe rest of the team.....
the only players who are diong their jobs are Tynes, Weatherford and DeOssie.....

+1

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Its all about attitude and confidence with Eli. Despite his calm exterior, he has always be iffy in the confidence department. His increased pocket presence and calmness last year had much more to do with confidence. When he loses it, like now, he regresses to the old, bad Eli.
I do expect a vet like Eli to have a little better control of his attitude game in and game out.
he has the tools obviously, but without confidence, they don't mean a lot.

I expect veterans like Ahmad Bradshaw to stop fumbling in crucial situations costing us points and momentum. I fully expect suppossed “superstars” like Victor Cruz to not drop perfectly thrown TD passes. I fully expect a veteran future hall of fame coach like Tom Coughlin to begin to make better decisions and not allow double D to start on our O line. I fully expect Jerry Reese to lose two key personnel with great attitudes like Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs over a slight amount of money in the grand scheme of things and then turn around and just give more that ammount as a “bonus” to a malcontent like Osi Umenyora that since recieving this bonus has been useless and it is obvious his great “attitude” has infected some of our younger players. That being stated, I do agree that Eli Manning needs to get out of his funk and he needs to turn up the heat and light a fire under the asses of this offense. He is the leader on this team and he needs to turnt hem around. Our poor play is not all on Eli Manning but make no doubt about it, it is his responsibility to fix his game and make sure his offense’s players fix their games too.

stormblue
11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
He's making 04 decisions right now.

true....scary , but true.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 01:37 PM
I expect veterans like Ahmad Bradshaw to stop fumbling in crucial situations costing us points and momentum. I fully expect suppossed “superstars” like Victor Cruz to not drop perfectly thrown TD passes. I fully expect a veteran future hall of fame coach like Tom Coughlin to begin to make better decisions and not allow double D to start on our O line. I fully expect Jerry Reese to lose two key personnel with great attitudes like Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs over a slight amount of money in the grand scheme of things and then turn around and just give more that ammount as a “bonus” to a malcontent like Osi Umenyora that since recieving this bonus has been useless and it is obvious his great “attitude” has infected some of our younger players. That being stated, I do agree that Eli Manning needs to get out of his funk and he needs to turn up the heat and light a fire under the asses of this offense. He is the leader on this team and he needs to turnt hem around. Our poor play is not all on Eli Manning but make no doubt about it, it is his responsibility to fix his game and make sure his offense’s players fix their games too.

I agree with everything you said but I would add that I expect Eli to make better decisions in the pocket and I expect my QB not to toss the ball into defensive lineman's arms when he's under pressure. I expect my QB not to give the opposing offense a short field. I expect my 9 year vet not to play like an untested rookie when his O line is playing poorly.
Because its easy for a QB to play well when he has plenty of time to throw and has open WR's. Which seems to be the requirement here for Eli to play well given some of the excuses for his play.

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 01:39 PM
i really cant blame Eli

This is silly. You can't excuse him, he's as much of the problem as any other unit.

This team invests in the QB, the D-line and the secondary (in terms of where the money is spent). None of those units is returning anything on investment.

All four units of this team currently suck: Offense (led by Manning), Defense, Special Teams, Coaching. you can't excuse Eli, he's playing like crap just like the rest of the team.

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I am gonna say that the Defense is playing poorly because they dont get any down time. They were on the field for 3/4 of the game.

I'm sure they appreciate the excuse making on their behalf.

I'm just gonna go with they're part of the problem, because they are.

stormblue
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I agree with everything you said but I would add that I expect Eli to make better decisions in the pocket and I expect my QB not to toss the ball into defensive lineman's arms when he's under pressure. I expect my QB not to give the opposing offense a short field. I expect my 9 year vet not to play like an untested rookie when his O line is playing poorly.
Because its easy for a QB to play well when he has plenty of time to throw and has open WR's. Which seems to be the requirement here for Eli to play well given some of the excuses for his play.

wisdom is as CC says. +1 ^

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 02:12 PM
i really cant blame Eli

Eli was horrible yesterday. He gave up 14 points on his own.

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 02:23 PM
no i doubt that, maybe people just over estimated how good he was because his knack for the 2 min drill

This makes sense. I do think some people looked past all the data and catapulted him into the best in the league based solely on his come from behind abilities and the 2 SBs. I don't think his position has changed all that much over the past few years. He's one of the top 5 or 6 QBs in the league and has been for quite some time.

Folks like to argue about the sub-set order of this top 5/6 but I think that's pointless because while the positions inside the subset move around often the names in it generally don't.

Markroman
11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
People. It is a slump. Eli's timing is off. I worry less about that. He was playing well up until the 1st pick. I think he is just very very frustrated right now.

Eli's bad play is correlated to the same time the offensive line started breaking down. There is an obvious link and I think alot has to do with him not having confidence that the pass rush will be picked up.

I have no way to prove it but, I think other DC's have solved the Giants offense and know how to throw off the timing. We need to take the bye week to adjust. I think we have become predictable...and lack of running game is part of problem.

We are still 6-4 and control our destiny in the division. Better to have slump now.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 05:08 PM
People. It is a slump. Eli's timing is off. I worry less about that. He was playing well up until the 1st pick. I think he is just very very frustrated right now.

Eli's bad play is correlated to the same time the offensive line started breaking down. There is an obvious link and I think alot has to do with him not having confidence that the pass rush will be picked up.

I have no way to prove it but, I think other DC's have solved the Giants offense and know how to throw off the timing. We need to take the bye week to adjust. I think we have become predictable...and lack of running game is part of problem.

We are still 6-4 and control our destiny in the division. Better to have slump now.
As I said before..its easy to play well when you have time to throw and your WR's are getting open. The test of greatness is how do you play under pressure and when you have to throw into tight windows.
All we did was complain about the O line last year and Eli wasn't lobbing the ball into defenders hands.

FBomb
11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
i really cant blame Eli

Yes you can blame Eli. He's made some bad decisions with the ball.