PDA

View Full Version : Barden

Overdrive92
11-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Am I the only guy who's a little confused why they don't use Barden in the passing game some more? He played well against Carolina, and since then, he's barely on the field. Why don't they use him more to help open things up for other guys like Nicks, Hixon, and Bennett?

Coming out of the bye, I would like to see more Barden on the field. He's not a home run hitter, but he's a guy who can make catches and move the chains, which is what we need right now.

blacndblu4evah
11-12-2012, 12:55 AM
No you're not,, I feel the same way about their lack of play selections involving Andre Brown and David Wright to open up the running game.. I blame it on the coaches and somewhere along the line a light has to come on in their heads that what they've been trying to do is "Old and Cold" and a lot of teams have been paying close attention to it.. And the defense falls victim to the same thing,, putting some players in a position that displays their weakness more than their strengths,, the buck has to stop here and now with all of this,, its like you can read it in the players body language that they dont believe in the game plan..

GiantRoc
11-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I think you mean David Wilson. I agree though. I'd like to see more guys in the mix. Especially Brown and Wilson.

Giant stuck in Texas
11-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Nope, I was wondering the same thing. How did he just disappear after a break out game?

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Eli seems to trust Barden much more than he does Randle.

In the Steelers game he threw a corner fade in the end zone to Randle just off his finger tips and I remember thinking "isn't that what Barden was for?"

The coaching staff has made some extremely questionable moves this season.

Overdrive92
11-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Eli seems to trust Barden much more than he does Randle.

In the Steelers game he threw a corner fade in the end zone to Randle just off his finger tips and I remember thinking "isn't that what Barden was for?"

The coaching staff has made some extremely questionable moves this season.

Randle is also a rookie, so he makes rookie mistakes and doesn't know the playbook as well. They should be using Barden more in his place.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Barden, Brown, and Wilson shoul dbe more involved. They all bring something the starters ahead of them do not have to throw off defenses.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm surprised Barden doesn't see more playing time also.

I'm also surprised that Hixon fell of the map...what happen to him?? He was great against the Eagles and San Fran now where is he??

zimonami
11-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Agree with you all. I think Barden earned his stripes in the Carolina game... and, then???
Brown certainly deserves more touches, and should be involved in 3-4 downfiled pass plays every game, like Tiki used to do.
Barden > Randle right now. Randle ran a real bonehead route against Pitt that cost us a sustained drive, just as we were getting to FG range. Barden runs the right route in that position.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-12-2012, 08:20 PM
The Giant's like to out smart themselves, Ohh we got a big WR and we have Redzone issues...let's not put him on the field.

We got a young RB let's give him a run and when he doesn't break a big play he doesn't see the field again. Wlison needs a series bc everyone knows if he's on the field the ball is going his way. If it's a run or a pass, either way the play is his bc why else would he be out there.

NYFG
11-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Now that Nicks and Cruz are constantly double teamed, it would be a no brainer to look at Barden. Granted he doesn't have the same speed Manningham does but he could be used a "distraction" just as Manningham was. Now more than ever it is evident that he played a key role in the offense last year.

jomo
11-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Am I the only guy who's a little confused why they don't use Barden in the passing game some more? He played well against Carolina, and since then, he's barely on the field. Why don't they use him more to help open things up for other guys like Nicks, Hixon, and Bennett?

Coming out of the bye, I would like to see more Barden on the field. He's not a home run hitter, but he's a guy who can make catches and move the chains, which is what we need right now.They had him in for most of the game on Sunday and I watched him closely. He is tall but lacks tenacity to use that height to his advantage. He does catch the ball but in the NFL, he won't get enough separation to be targeted often and since he is unable to use his height to bully his way to jump balls, he is simply going to be an after thought.

zimonami
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
They had him in for most of the game on Sunday and I watched him closely. He is tall but lacks tenacity to use that height to his advantage. He does catch the ball but in the NFL, he won't get enough separation to be targeted often and since he is unable to use his height to bully his way to jump balls, he is simply going to be an after thought.
Good summary on him, jomo. I think he can still be effective, especially in red zone.
Is he that much slower than Burress?

jomo
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Good summary on him, jomo. I think he can still be effective, especially in red zone.
Is he that much slower than Burress?I don't think it is the speed . Barden plays on KO defense sometimes and he plays the wing which requires speed. I think Plax was better in a jousting match with corner backs that resulted in separation. Barden seems like he's stuck with velcro to the DBs.

Tmurda1984
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Barden had a good game against Carolina because they played some of the softest coverage I seen in the NFL. They was giving our receivers too much cushin and would not press at all. Barden is at his best when teams do not press him and get physical with him. Barden also cannot play the slot, so He will continue to maybe draw attention from #2 corners on the outside. Barden would of been roughed up in that Cowboy game, Steeler game, and Leon Hall is a physical corner from the Bengals.

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 09:35 PM

Coming out of the bye, I would like to see more Barden on the field. He's not a home run hitter, but he's a guy who can make catches and move the chains, which is what we need right now.

Nope, I don't understand why he rarely get snaps.

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 09:36 PM
No you're not,, I feel the same way about their lack of play selections involving Andre Brown and David Wright to open up the running game.. I blame it on the coaches and somewhere along the line a light has to come on in their heads that what they've been trying to do is "Old and Cold" and a lot of teams have been paying close attention to it.. And the defense falls victim to the same thing,, putting some players in a position that displays their weakness more than their strengths,, the buck has to stop here and now with all of this,, its like you can read it in the players body language that they dont believe in the game plan..

I think someones a Mets fan. lol

poppa smurph
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't think it is the speed . Barden plays on KO defense sometimes and he plays the wing which requires speed. I think Plax was better in a jousting match with corner backs that resulted in separation. Barden seems like he's stuck with velcro to the DBs.Barden lacks the quick, initial burst off the line. That's not to say he can't be effective, as a couple of times this year he's been successful gaining the inside on D-backs using a good head fake and his hands.
Plax, on the other hand, had the ability to flat-out blow by the lower 1/3 of the corners in the league ( lower 1/3 at the very least IMO ).
Plax also had the confidence of the Coaching staff, his QB and himself to believe he could get the job done. Barden doesn't, on any of those three levels.
Re-watched the game last night and though Barden was in for the better part of two quarters, Eli only looked to him twice. There probably could've been a couple shots his way had Eli been afforded the time from the line... but that's a different story all together.