PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Focus calling out the coaching staff

DemandedAce
11-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Follow

Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF
#Giants Fans: Please tell us - What has Sean Locklear done to be benched for David Diehl?

Lmao, about time

FlyingTruck
11-12-2012, 01:05 AM
**** just got real.

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Follow

Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF
#Giants Fans: Please tell us - What has Sean Locklear done to be benched for David Diehl?

Lmao, about time

Damn I hope Coughlin is forced to address this. The whole world can see it, why can't he? Offensive chemistry has been a nightmare since Diehl came back.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Nothing will change even when Green Bay beats them down. Lol. I thought it was great how so many thought they ShOULD have won this game because they thought the Bengals where such a bad team. Yeah because the Giants are so good. Look at those schedule and tell me who they will beat.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Diehl has been horrible since he got his starting job back but the offense has been struggling for a couple weeks before that.

Giant stuck in Texas
11-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Good.

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Diehl has been horrible since he got his starting job back but the offense has been struggling for a couple weeks before that.

True but Eli wasn't pressured nearly as much. Diehl being back has exasperated all the flaws. It has in the running game too. This is not the time to be a Diehl apologist.

GiantGremlin
11-12-2012, 01:36 AM

Agreed, but it's infuriating that Coughlin's compromising the season due to his loyalty & stubborness - It would be one thing if he was just average, but no, he's been horrid...it's not fair to the rest of the team and fans

shockeyisjesus
11-12-2012, 03:02 AM
The media needs to call him out too. Diehl was a good giant........5 years ago. But just like Sean O'hara, Kareem McKenzie and Rich Seubert before them, when it's time for a lineman to go, it's time for a lineman to go. Diehl is washed up, the entire league knows it. Teams don't even need to blitz us anymore because they know they can just get pressure with the front 4 and drop 7 in obvious passing situations and it completely shuts down the offense long enough for one guy to continually beat Diehl and, well, that's how you get the offenses performances we've had since Diehl came back into the lineup.

One weak link in the chain and it crashes to the ground, as limp as that Eli pass was today.

Redeyejedi
11-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Coughlins loyalty is going to cost the Giants this season

gmen0820
11-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Diehl is a beast, starting LT on two SB teams!!!!!

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 08:08 AM
As they should, it is up to the coaching staff to get these guys ready to go, going down 14 in the first 5 mins of a game is not ready to go....

nycsportzfan
11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Coughlins loyalty is going to cost the Giants this season the worst part is his loyalty is unwarrented.. I mean, Dave Diehl isn't Anthony Munoz for freaks sake!!!lol Jesus crow!!!lol I mean, the guys been degressing for 3yrs now.. I Mean, sure he was a solid player for us for a handful of seasons, but nothing where when hes degressed for the 3rd yr in a row, u keep em in there.. I mean, if this was mike strahan or amani toomer or someone like that, i kinda understand i guess, but its dave diehl!!!lol I mean, does every giant thats been with us and played solidly for a handful of seasons need to be able to play crappy for the last 3yrs straight still get the benefit of the doubt? Its simply moronic.. I mean, it boggles my mind a guy can make millions and make a decison like this.. Its scary that its possible, another words...

sharick88
11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Follow

Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF

Lmao, about time

I am a fan of PFF and couldn't agree with them more on this one

TextureDj
11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Damn I hope Coughlin is forced to address this. The whole world can see it, why can't he? Offensive chemistry has been a nightmare since Diehl came back.

Is it possible that the fly in the offensive ointment IS this DD situation? Does anyone think its possible that players are all as upset about this as members here are and it is affecting the locker room?

It seems far fetched, but it fits the symptoms. Gradually decreasing cohesion, players and coaches arguing on the field during games, and plain old streaky play. It sure acts like a locker room issue.

Kruunch
11-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Coughlins loyalty is going to cost the Giants this season

I think he'll come around (TC, not DD) and we'll see a change there soon.

JesseJames
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I wish the media would get after Coughlin and ask him what the hell lis he thinking by putting Diehl back in the lineup over Locklear who is no hall of famer himself but definitely an upgrade over Diehl, I would love to hear Coughlins answer to this...

ryan12
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Diehl is a beast, starting LT on two SB teams!!!!!

your joking right?

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I wish the media would get after Coughlin and ask Coughlin what the hel lis he thinking by putting Diehl back in the lineup over Locklear who is no hall of famer himself but definitely an upgrade over Diehl, I would love to hear Coughlins answer to this..."We feel that Locklear wasn't the reason our line improved". Tom said that in one of his press conferences. I'm trying to find it, but yeah he said that.

sharick88
11-12-2012, 10:31 AM
"We feel that Locklear wasn't the reason our line improved". Tom said that in one of his press conferences. I'm trying to find it, but yeah he said that.

Well I feel that Diehl is the reason our line has regressed. I just said that here. LOL

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Well I feel that Diehl is the reason our line has regressed. I just said that here. LOLHaha. Wouldn't it be great if the coaches read the boards?

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 10:33 AM
your joking right?
of course he is. He's referring to the numerous arguments in support of Diehl during the off season.

stormblue
11-12-2012, 10:39 AM
"We feel that Locklear wasn't the reason our line improved". Tom said that in one of his press conferences. I'm trying to find it, but yeah he said that.

he is paid 6.6 mil per year to make those expert assessments and has 2 rings.
do not question his decisions.

nycsportzfan
11-12-2012, 10:55 AM
he is paid 6.6 mil per year to make those expert assessments and has 2 rings.
do not question his decisions. Ya but we want more, and Diehl is as easy a decison as ur ever gonna have.. Hes a good coach,but is certainly wrong sometimes.. And on this he was wrong.. Hopefully now there is no way he brings deihl back..

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Diehl was a beast, starting LT on two SB teams!!!!!Fixed it for you.

giantsforce
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Follow

Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF

Lmao, about timeYeah, big deal. I have been calling them out since the Dallas loss and I got so much heat in these boards because the idiots "gave us 2 SB rings". Well, out of 9 years we got 2 SB rings and 7 2nd half collapses of embarrassing proportions but everyone is happy and now some "experts" calls them out. All these years the wins have not come easy like they should and in some of the games we had to resort to player heroics to get the win and on most of them the coaches had nothing to do with the play called. The problem is Coughlin cannot do anything about it because he will not sit players like Webster and Bradshaw and DD and Eli for not performing because they do not have anyone else worth **** behind them in most cases. And even if they do, for some reason they have to get to desperation point to make the change. Or is Coughlin going to get rid of Killdrive or PF? The bottom line is Coughlin needs to go after the end of this season.

stormblue
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Ya but we want more, and Diehl is as easy a decison as ur ever gonna have.. Hes a good coach,but is certainly wrong sometimes.. And on this he was wrong.. Hopefully now there is no way he brings deihl back..

that was sarcasm , i just changed it to red font for clarification.
please do not mistake me for a TC homer.nothing could be further from the truth.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
"We feel that Locklear wasn't the reason our line improved". Tom said that in one of his press conferences. I'm trying to find it, but yeah he said that.http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/19166/a-look-back-coughlin-o-k-with-diehl

stormblue
11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah, big deal. I have been calling them out since the Dallas loss and I got so much heat in these boards because the idiots "gave us 2 SB rings". Well, out of 9 years we got 2 SB rings and 7 2nd half collapses of embarrassing proportions but everyone is happy and now some "experts" calls them out. All these years the wins have not come easy like they should and in some of the games we had to resort to player heroics to get the win and on most of them the coaches had nothing to do with the play called. The problem is Coughlin cannot do anything about it because he will not sit players like Webster and Bradshaw and DD and Eli for not performing because they do not have anyone else worth **** behind them in most cases. And even if they do, for some reason they have to get to desperation point to make the change. Or is Coughlin going to get rid of Killdrive or PF? The bottom line is Coughlin needs to go after the end of this season.

you have not been alone in your disdain for this coaching staff.
we are obviously out-numbered , but not alone.
there are more people coming on board every day.

giantsforce
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
you have not been alone in your disdain for this coaching staff.
we are obviously out-numbered , but not alone.
there are more people coming on board every day.I hope so because I am sick and tired getting attacked and called names without anyone of them offering any intelligent discussion or facts other than the malarkey "you do not question a HC who brought us 2 SB's". I guess I have to take it on faith that almighty Coughlin knows better and disregard the fact that under him rarely we win easily. Even when we are ahead by 20 points we are not sure if we will win. I know that this team has talent but the talent is not used properly. Besides, it always looks that the players and the coaching staff are not prepared properly for each game. But they had a great practice!

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/19166/a-look-back-coughlin-o-k-with-diehlThere's another one too..
God, TC talks so freaking much he has too many press conferences lol.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I think it's this one
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Postgame-Coach-Tom-Coughlin-/12fa10e9-14f5-4483-8385-b34645de7fbf

sharick88
11-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Haha. Wouldn't it be great if the coaches read the boards?

It would be awesome

stormblue
11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I hope so because I am sick and tired getting attacked and called names without anyone of them offering any intelligent discussion or facts other than the malarkey "you do not question a HC who brought us 2 SB's". I guess I have to take it on faith that almighty Coughlin knows better and disregard the fact that under him rarely we win easily. Even when we are ahead by 20 points we are not sure if we will win. I know that this team has talent but the talent is not used properly. Besides, it always looks that the players and the coaching staff are not prepared properly for each game. But they had a great practice!

i, like you have pointed out all the same things.....
winning despite TC and his coaching staff , not because of them.
we should have 3 or 4 rings instead of 2......all the same stuff , just like you.

called names , stalked...you name it.
try not to be impolite while you fight back though ,
because there are some in our camp that take the low ground
and the rest of us suffer embarrassment from their immaturity.

if we do it with facts and humor and sarcasm we will win the day.

Kez Simpson
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
i, like you have pointed out all the same things.....
winning despite TC and his coaching staff , not because of them.
we should have 3 or 4 rings instead of 2......all the same stuff , just like you.

called names , stalked...you name it.
try not to be impolite while you fight back though ,
because there are some in our camp that take the low ground
and the rest of us suffer embarrassment from their immaturity.

if we do it with facts and humor and sarcasm we will win the day.

How did they win despite TC? That's why people don't jump on board with your extreme opinions. When you claim we could have won 4 rings, really? This is a damn good coaching staff; who have made questionable decisions as of late. I don't get you agreeing with a poster who called them out after the Dallas game. The freaking first game of the season, seriously? Please, come with a credible argument against a winning coach in the NFL, not he could have one more superbowls. That's a terrible argument.

Kez Simpson
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I hope so because I am sick and tired getting attacked and called names without anyone of them offering any intelligent discussion or facts other than the malarkey "you do not question a HC who brought us 2 SB's". I guess I have to take it on faith that almighty Coughlin knows better and disregard the fact that under him rarely we win easily. Even when we are ahead by 20 points we are not sure if we will win. I know that this team has talent but the talent is not used properly. Besides, it always looks that the players and the coaching staff are not prepared properly for each game. But they had a great practice!

We can Monday morning coach it, and question their decisions just like the pundits. However, at the end of the day the coaches make those decisions even if they are questionable to us, and the so called "experts." We can gripe, complain and rant to the cows come home, but at the end of the day; Coach Coughlin is a superbowl winning coach. Not to many of those last time I checked. Does that mean he should never be questioned and is without fault? Heck no. Starting Diehl baffles me, not playing wilson is ridiculous, and not lighting a fire under Gilbrides behind about our inept Offense is appalling. What bothers me, is when people have knee-jerk reactions over loses, and then go back to their Nostradamus predictions about our coaching staff sucking.

stormblue
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
How did they win despite TC? That's why people don't jump on board with your extreme opinions. When you claim we could have won 4 rings, really? This is a damn good coaching staff; who have made questionable decisions as of late. I don't get you agreeing with a poster who called them out after the Dallas game. The freaking first game of the season, seriously? Please, come with a credible argument against a winning coach in the NFL, not he could have one more superbowls. That's a terrible argument.

it is not time for that yet this year.
i have done as you ask before , but not this early
in the year.
i was merely pointing out to others that are less than
thrilled with this staff to keep the arguments level headed and with civility.

there is a difference between calling someone stupid and saying they made a stupid decision.
the latter is a much more mature argument.
i am not going to argue about TC right now.
there is still time for this team to come around.

but i'll give you a taste ....if you like.

i'll bet the ranch that you disagree with TC's benching of Locklear and starting Diehl.

oh.....i see it's ok if YOU disagree with him.....

( "you" meaning any TC homer , not directing that specifically at you Kez...just an example.}