PDA

View Full Version : What has Fewell done to warrant his employment

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Yes, the offense blows and that's probably affecting the defense somewhat, but he was originally brought in to fix our secondary and frankly they have been worse each year he is the coordinator. It's time to replace him regardless of how the season turns out.

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 01:48 AM
but we won a SB so he's gonna be here for a long time, unfortunately.

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 01:56 AM
We won because the defensive line got hot. I look at his regular season stats and see how mediocre he is. he can't even sniff Rob Ryan's nasty fat jock as defensive coordinator.

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 01:59 AM
We won because the defensive line got hot. I look at his regular season stats and see how mediocre he is. he can't even sniff Rob Ryan's nasty fat jock as defensive coordinator. LOL

erivera
11-12-2012, 02:04 AM
rob ryan's defense didn't look so hot last year. bottomline is that we don't have very many impact players on defense. outside of jpp who's the playmaker? tuck and osi ain't getting it done. rolle might be the closest thing to an impact player on d. if we're saying chase blackburn is the most important person on the defense we're in big trouble.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 06:31 AM
He won a Super Bowl. Next question.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 06:52 AM
His unit does have a ridiculous 17 interceptions on the season... 16 forced fumbles and 47 pass defenses, too.

Tmurda1984
11-12-2012, 07:39 AM
When you win a superbowl with a linebacker getting off the couch in week 16, a Defensive End playing linebacker, and one of the dumbest secondaries to date....you deserve your job. Fewell is playing with a Defensive End that does not want to play the run and another Defensive End that complains about cramps...and you dont think he deserves his job?!?! Lol what a tool.

Diamondring
11-12-2012, 07:41 AM
The dbs need to make a play when they are around the receivers about to make the catch. Does the D-line needs to have pressure a 100 percent for the dbs to be big threats. This is not on the DC.

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
OK, take a look at how many point blank shots the offense gave them...Three, when they had room to work with they generally stopped them. With the exception of the first TD which was entirely Webster's fault....

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
His unit does have a ridiculous 17 interceptions on the season... 16 forced fumbles and 47 pass defenses, too.

We keep going for the big play and end up giving up the big play...

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:53 AM
the same the rest of the team is doing.....nothing. Lump him in with TC and KG too...

CDN_G-FAN
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
i hate this about losses more than anything.

with a bye, its gonna be two weeks of ******ed threads.

so far, bench eli, fire fewell, and its only 9 am monday morning.

last week it was hire Payton as a OC (LOL WTF?) so he can replace tom coughlin at the end of this season.

this is why i love fantasy football. playing in leagues with guys that cut drew brees after 3 losses at the beginning of the season because 'he sucks now'.

Dwinsballgames
11-12-2012, 08:57 AM

last week it was hire Payton as a OC (LOL WTF?) so he can replace tom coughlin at the end of this season.

this is why i love fantasy football. playing in leagues with guys that cut drew brees after 3 losses at the beginning of the season because 'he sucks now'.

I agree CDN, It's gonna be a loooonnnnng 2 weeks around here.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 08:59 AM
We keep going for the big play and end up giving up the big play...
Fewell's 'bend don't break' philosophy works when the offense is working.

What does the offense do with those turnovers? 3 and out, 3 and out, field goal, field goal, field goal, field goal, field goal, field goal, field goal, field goal, field goal field goal.

Pathetic.

Field goal.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:59 AM

I hear ya....
I am very pissed... but I am not one to do the fire this or that thread. I just want these guys to play like they can and for the coaches to get them to do just that. 90% of the players and coaches have their heads firmly planted in their asses. They need to get this **** right.....

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM

So why don't you start a cheerful and optimistic thread then. You obviously see something tje rest of the board doesn't to be happy about so why don't you enlighten us...

CDN_G-FAN
11-12-2012, 09:28 AM
So why don't you start a cheerful and optimistic thread then. You obviously see something tje rest of the board doesn't to be happy about so why don't you enlighten us...

i'll at least make an optimistic post.

one of the reasons why i like this franchise, and specifically the ownership, is how much they value continuity of coaching. they don't get caught focusing over the edge of the boat like the typical fan does. they keep their eyes on the horizon.

and so despite a fanbase that can't collectively seem to get it through their thick skulls that the solution isn't just new personnel (coaches or players) EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMETHING ISN'T GOING RIGHT, the ownership group does get that, which is why tom coughlin is still here, and why we have two SBs under him.

and to me its amazing, that even with a winning record, even leading the division, FOLLOWING A SB winning season, fans still call for coaches to be fired no matter what happens this season.

we're all pissed. no one is happy with how we're playing. but get a grip and stop melting down.

TextureDj
11-12-2012, 10:01 AM
OK, take a look at how many point blank shots the offense gave them...Three, when they had room to work with they generally stopped them. With the exception of the first TD which was entirely Webster's fault.... I disagree in part about the Webby TD. That play was clearly Stevie Brown failing in his man over responsibilities....again.

Buuut....

If Webby noticed it in time to shoot a dirty look in SB's direction before the ball was caught he sure had time to attempt to make a play. With that floater of a pass he well could have had time to play on the ball or at least made a tackle. Havent watched it again so I guess it could have been too far gone but at the time it looked like if Webster would have acted instead of whining something could have been done.

If Phillips was playing that touchdown does not occur. Fact.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Giants just kicked another field goal.

dezzzR
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM

this is why i love fantasy football. playing in leagues with guys that cut drew brees after 3 losses at the beginning of the season because 'he sucks now'.I just hate his philosophy. I feel the defense can be much better with a more aggressive coaching style. Its his 3rd year and the miscues are still happening at an alarming rate. Cant stop the run, cant stop the pass....