PDA

View Full Version : Bob Papa laughed at me... About Diehl and Tynes...

NYGBandit
11-12-2012, 04:17 AM
I tried to argue that whether or not Locklear is better than Diehl is irrelavant... despite his or Diehl's shortcomings the line plays better with him in. Bob Papa and Ross Tucker both laughed that i even suggested such a notion and that I was seeing things...

Then I tried to bring up the fact that guys in my flag football league have the leg to make a 50 yarder... mind you I didn't say the accuracy or they would make it every time... just that I have seen them make it before...

Again, laughed at... they cited that Tynes was 26 of 29 and is having a probowl year.. I said 'But every time there is a kick over 50 he hits it short...'

Their response: 'Wind! You can't hit it perfectly everytime.... and then went on to say he wasn't putting everything he had into it... etc...'

Well why the hell not, this is the NFL... hitting a kick right down the middle 2-3 yards short is ******ed... it can't go over the bar that way... at least if you kill it and it goes wide, the other team can't return it...

Needless to say, they both were under the impression that Diehl is not only playing well, but he may be our best lineman...

WHAT DO THE COACHES SEE THAT WE DON'T!?!? WHAT AM I MISSING I FEEL STUPID... I SEE ELI GETTING HIT ON 3 STEP DROPS! I SEE DIEHL BEAT INSIDE, OUTSIDE AND BULLRUSHED... WHAT THE HELL DO I NOT SEE THAT THEY DO!?!? WHAT AM I MISSING!?!? SOMEONE HELP!

Buto
11-12-2012, 05:10 AM
If you get a reasonable answer on the Diehl question please let me know.
I watched the game again and I'm scratching my head trying to see why they left him in there.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Most NFL kickers would be able to kick a 50 or even 60 harder. There's a lot more to it than just strength, though.

Tynes having to attempt goals from so far out is a flow-on effect from the offense's failings. He shouldn't be put in those situations in the first place.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 06:42 AM
I tried to argue that whether or not Locklear is better than Diehl is irrelavant... despite his or Diehl's shortcomings the line plays better with him in. Bob Papa and Ross Tucker both laughed that i even suggested such a notion and that I was seeing things...

Then I tried to bring up the fact that guys in my flag football league have the leg to make a 50 yarder... mind you I didn't say the accuracy or they would make it every time... just that I have seen them make it before...

Again, laughed at... they cited that Tynes was 26 of 29 and is having a probowl year.. I said 'But every time there is a kick over 50 he hits it short...'

Their response: 'Wind! You can't hit it perfectly everytime.... and then went on to say he wasn't putting everything he had into it... etc...'

Well why the hell not, this is the NFL... hitting a kick right down the middle 2-3 yards short is ******ed... it can't go over the bar that way... at least if you kill it and it goes wide, the other team can't return it...

Needless to say, they both were under the impression that Diehl is not only playing well, but he may be our best lineman...

WHAT DO THE COACHES SEE THAT WE DON'T!?!? WHAT AM I MISSING I FEEL STUPID... I SEE ELI GETTING HIT ON 3 STEP DROPS! I SEE DIEHL BEAT INSIDE, OUTSIDE AND BULLRUSHED... WHAT THE HELL DO I NOT SEE THAT THEY DO!?!? WHAT AM I MISSING!?!? SOMEONE HELP!You are NOT crazy.......Diehl is a scab that needs to be picked off and flung into the trash! Locklear is the man that should be in. Last 2 games Diehl has been nothing but a screen door to the backfield!

Dorothy
11-12-2012, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=Buto;578181]If you get a reasonable answer on the Diehl question please let me know.
I watched the game again and I'm scratching my head trying to see why they left him in there.[/QUOTE

I was also screaming for lockleer, hoping that TC was angry enough to pull DD. what the h$$$ is he waiting for.

Giantslb66
11-12-2012, 07:44 AM
TC was probably the one serving DD all those drinks when he got busted for DUI, thats why he gets to play

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm hoping Double D has played his last game because it was tough to watch, I love his heart and his passion for the game; however, it's time to retire..

Redeyejedi
11-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Bob Papa works for the team no way he would say anything bad about Diehl

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:36 AM

WHAT DO THE COACHES SEE THAT WE DON'T!?!? WHAT AM I MISSING I FEEL STUPID... I SEE ELI GETTING HIT ON 3 STEP DROPS! I SEE DIEHL BEAT INSIDE, OUTSIDE AND BULLRUSHED... WHAT THE HELL DO I NOT SEE THAT THEY DO!?!? WHAT AM I MISSING!?!? SOMEONE HELP!
if you are complaining about Tynes then you are way wrong. He , Weatherford, and DeOssie are the onlt good about this team right now....

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Complain about Diehl all you want, i'd be right next to you. But DO NOT rip on the guy that keeps bailing us out with his leg when our offense keeps on puttering out in the red zone. Tynes is NOT the problem... when it comes to him, I will be right next to Papa laughing in your face...

gumby74
11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Tynes is great. I'd rather have a kicker who can't kick as far, but is guaranteed from shorter distance. Compared to say a kicker than can kick it 60 yards, but can miss the easy ones.

Redeyejedi
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
My convo with Ralph V

@RVacchianoNYDN Can U ask the coaches why they keep starting Diehl when its clear to anyone with eyes that Sean Locklear is better.he is obviously through

@Jmpasq We've asked and neither they nor I agree that Locklear will automatically improve the line.

@Jmpasq Because the Giants don't think it's so obvious.

@RVacchianoNYDN I disagree, Locklear has been significantly better in every way.

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 09:03 AM

Papa and Ross are Gaints employees. They are not going to throw anyone under the bus. Everyone with eye know Diehl is the problem with Eli getting killed. Coughlin yesterday mentioned it has been a while since Eli's been getting hit the way he has in recent weeks. So you know they are going to look into this issue. I doubt TC will make the change, but if he wants to keep Eli healthy, he need to re-insert Locklear into the line up.