PDA

View Full Version : Our D-Line is soft.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 07:47 AM
What is the deal with our front 4??? They are getting manhandled badly. I was very disgusted with their performance .....UH LACK OF PERFORMANCE yesterday! Why even bother going onto the field.

I know all the 3 and outs didnt help, but for gods sake show some spark!!

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 07:50 AM
I have always been a Tuck fan but its time to realize that he and Osi are done. It's like they are not even on the team.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 08:02 AM
I have always been a Tuck fan but its time to realize that he and Osi are done. It's like they are not even on the team.I hear ya, we should start a thread about sightings of them on the field. I bet it would be an empty thread!!!

giantyankee1976
11-12-2012, 08:09 AM
we use our D Line the way other teams use their OLBs or 34 LBs... our LBs rarely if ever bring A-gap pressure except for when a run is expected.

our LBs are expected to stop the run or cover the TE which is why PSL favors that 3-safety look so much; so when the DLine gets bottled up everything turns to **** on the backside...

Leaky Diaper D makes me sick !

Giantslb66
11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
This whole team is soft right now

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 08:57 AM
OK, I'm not buying that at all. Green Ellis had what 50 yds all day and Cincy had a total of 76 yds rushing (that isn't soft). The D let up 199 passing yards with one of them being that 58 yd bomb to a wide open Green. The real issue was that the turn overs three at point blank range.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 09:01 AM
I mean the defense really was not the problem yesterday. Of the 4 TD's they have up 3 of them started deep in their own territory. Even if they held them to all field goals they still would have lost because of the offense not being able to score.

giantyankee1976
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
no doubt, Giveaways kill...especially when converted to points.

But our Defensive success is predicated upon the success or failure of the pass rush. All the eggs are in the basket of the lauded talented front 4.

Teams figured out, shut those guys down or at least slow them down and that backside opens up like a cheap ***** on a Saturday night.

We need creativity from Perry Sheridan, mix it up some, different looks, different lines of attack, something...

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 01:44 PM
OK, I'm not buying that at all. Green Ellis had what 50 yds all day and Cincy had a total of 76 yds rushing (that isn't soft). The D let up 199 passing yards with one of them being that 58 yd bomb to a wide open Green. The real issue was that the turn overs three at point blank range.

The defense cultists crack me up. You're right...they're really, really. really good.

Neither unit is good enough to cover for the other which is pretty much how this team has operated for five years now, so the entire thing sucks.

This whole team is soft right now; all 4 units.

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Our defenses is softer than bird ****. It would appear that Osi’s “work ethic” has rubbed off on JPP now as he is tanking it regularly now.

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Our defenses is softer than bird ****. It would appear that Osi’s “work ethic” has rubbed off on JPP now as he is tanking it regularly now.

Hey! All he needs is one or two strip sacks a season and he too can take the other 14 games off. It's been working for Osi for years.