PDA

View Full Version : Even If The Offense And Eli Were Playing Lights Out

bigblue58
11-12-2012, 08:46 AM
our Defense is too god awful to protect a lead of ANY size anyway!
We'd still be sitting here in the same position, with the same back to back losses with only Eli's stats being better.
That gives me no more comfort than TC starting every post loss press conference by blaming himself!

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
ehh.....if the O was playing lights out the games would be a lot different. The whole team sucks....
cept for Tynes, Weatherford, and DeOssie....

gumby74
11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Not true. The year the saints won it all, their defense was terrible but got timely turnovers. Our defense is kind of the same. Not to say our defense isn't terrible, because it is, but we can be very good if our offense plays to its potential.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Please stop. When the offense is actually functioning it increases the pressure on the opponents O which makes them more likely to make mistakes, which the defense winds up taking advantage of.
17 interceptions this year...

The offense can't even score a first down which results in the defense being on the field way more often than it should be.

The Giants are an offense-driven team. When that isn't working, the car isn't going anywhere.

bigblue58
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Please stop. When the offense is actually functioning it increases the pressure on the opponents O which makes them more likely to make mistakes, which the defense winds up taking advantage of.
17 interceptions this year...

The offense can't even score a first down which results in the defense being on the field way more often than it should be.

The Giants are an offense-driven team. When that isn't working, the car isn't going anywhere.

What the hell are you talking about dude........did you forget the Cowboy game already?
That was a fingertip away from being a loss too, after the D pissed away a 23 point lead and almost gave up the game winning TD!
They gave up a 10 point lead and 14 unanswered points in the Steeler game!
They gave up 31 points to the damned BENGALS which means that The O needed a 40 burger just to have a chance in THAT game!
What the hell are you people watching anyway? Because it sure as hell isn't the same games I'm watching.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 09:13 AM
What the hell are you talking about dude........did you forget the Cowboy game already?
That was a fingertip away from being a loss too, after the D pissed away a 23 point lead and almost gave up the game winning TD!
The D got that lead in the first place and the offense couldn't extend it?

They can't make up for the offense's failings.

ManningToJPP
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Right now the Offense is our problem.

They cant sustain drives, cant get any points, cant do anything with the ball handed to them at the opponents redzone. They aren't doing a damned thing right. SIX total points. 6...SIX points vs the BENGALS. ....GTFO BIGBLUE58

wrek537emc
11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
and the D cant get off the field because they suck. they cant even force a punt. every team has no problem converting third downs or even 4ths on us... and i swear they score on every drive. i dont think cincy punted till the end of the 3rd qtr n by then we were already behind 3 scores. the fact is.. the O cant get a rhythm, if the d is on the field the whole game. D gets tired, then u have the cooled down O go 3 n out.... which brings back the tired D. if the other team gets a lead we have to throw because our run game sucks.. no one respects it so eli throws interceptions cuz he has to try or the game is already lost. bradshaw isnt going to run in for TDs hes too slow. if we have a lead our D cant hold it. its a teamwide issue.

barcode56
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
They gave up 31 points to the damned BENGALS which means that The O needed a 40 burger just to have a chance in THAT game!
What the hell are you people watching anyway? Because it sure as hell isn't the same games I'm watching.

I see the same....fully agree....and in the steelers game we gave up way to many yards on special teams!!

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
The defense isn't great but neither is our offense. We are struggling to score offensively.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 09:21 AM
offense didnt score **** after half tim ein the Dallas game...

its BOTH the D and the O....They both SUCK.....at this time....

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 09:25 AM
The Bengals had 3 of their TD drives start deep in Giants territory due to special teams and turnovers. Even if the defense held them to all field goals the Giants offense still didn't do enough to win that game.

NYGabriel
11-12-2012, 09:31 AM

Against Dallas the D also scored a TD and got turnovers for Eli in great field position. Once again the offense was god awful in the red zone. The D gave up 31 points against the Bengals but Eli gave them two turnovers in the red zone that lead to 14 points. Defense, Offense and Special teams are all playing like bums at the moment. No use singling out one.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Against Dallas the D also scored a TD and got turnovers for Eli in great field position. Once again the offense was god awful in the red zone. The D gave up 31 points against the Bengals but Eli gave them two turnovers in the red zone that lead to 14 points. Defense, Offense and Special teams are all playing like bums at the moment. No use singling out one.

Tynes, Weatherford and DeOssie are doing their jobs 100%...pretty much.

NYGabriel
11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Tynes, Weatherford and DeOssie are doing their jobs 100%...pretty much.

If you got 7 points for a field goal and 3 for a TD this team might have a chance.

rEaS
11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
are you that blind? how the **** is the D our problem.. damn eli hasn't thrown a TD in what now, 3 complete games? david diehl is back there opening the door for opposing DEs, all the receivers has a case of the dropsies.. and we have a running back that doesn't practice all week but somehow plays on gameday that's sucking balls also..

how dare you blame the cowboys game on the defense.. the defense was the reason we were up in the first place.. if the offense would have scored ONE god damn touchdown instead of going all those 3 and outs in the green/red zone it wouldn't have been a contest in the first place.. it's hard to blame the defense for anything when all the offense can do is go 3 and out.. 3 and out.. 3 and out..

i have never seen the giants offense sputtering so bad since eli's rookie year.. when was the last long play or big td we had? the offense scored 6 measly points against the bengals in the 1st half.. i mean come on.. no defense can carry an offense that's playing like a varsity high school team..

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 09:38 AM
The Bengals had 3 of their TD drives start deep in Giants territory due to special teams and turnovers. Even if the defense held them to all field goals the Giants offense still didn't do enough to win that game.
are you that blind? how the **** is the D our problem.. damn eli hasn't thrown a TD in what now, 3 complete games? david diehl is back there opening the door for opposing DEs, all the receivers has a case of the dropsies.. and we have a running back that doesn't practice all week but somehow plays on gameday that's sucking balls also.. how dare you blame the cowboys game on the defense.. the defense was the reason we were up in the first place.. if the offense would have scored ONE god damn touchdown instead of going all those 3 and outs in the green/red zone it wouldn't have been a contest in the first place.. it's hard to blame the defense for anything when all the offense can do is go 3 and out.. 3 and out.. 3 and out.. i have never seen the giants offense sputtering so bad since eli's rookie year.. when was the last long play or big td we had? the offense scored 6 measly points against the bengals in the 1st half.. i mean come on.. no defense can carry an offense that's playing like a varsity high school team..+1

wrek537emc
11-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Eli threw like 3 tds... cruz dropped 1 bennett dropped 2

wrek537emc
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
i think phil simms record is cursing eli... he has to pass simms then the pressure will b off his shoulders... but he needs the receivers to catch the damn ball, in bounds.

Jtuck
11-12-2012, 10:06 AM

Even though the O is stinking up the joint and putting our D in bad situations. I have to agree with every thing You stated. This D particularly our clueless secondary cannot be trusted to hold a lead of anykind! These DB's in our secondary can't cover my dead grandmother!

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 12:06 PM
+1

LOL!

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
LOL!Can't tell if serious or..

Harooni
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
if they played lights out then the D would get rest, you ask them to make 5 out of 6 stops and then complain when they are gassed later.

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
if they played lights out then the D would get rest, you ask them to make 5 out of 6 stops and then complain when they are gassed later.

Thanks for taking that one on Harooni, this is getting ridiculous, if the D didn't have to defend agains three turnovers in point blank range it may have been different as well...

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
LOL!

Of course I'm serious about laughing at a poster who writes a full and largely intellectually inconsistent paragraph attempting to defend the Giants defense as good.

The whole thing is broken. The offense/defense thing is just message board proof of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Of course I'm serious about laughing at a poster who writes a full and largely intellectually inconsistent paragraph attempting to defend the Giants defense as good.

The whole thing is broken. The offense/defense thing is just message board proof of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.I didn't take it as them trying to defend it, but they are not playing as bad at the offense.

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks for taking that one on Harooni, this is getting ridiculous, if the D didn't have to defend agains three turnovers in point blank range it may have been different as well...

Or the scoring drives would just be longer.

The entire thing is broken.

Harooni
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks for taking that one on Harooni, this is getting ridiculous, if the D didn't have to defend agains three turnovers in point blank range it may have been different as well... its so crazy how most fans can't understand that a poor offense can make a D look worse than it is. 3 and outs and turnovers lost ad huge pressure on the D . also its funny how its ok for the offense to score 2 times out of 8 drives but when a D allows 2 scores out of 8 series they somehow suck.

Cloud57

The entire thing is broken. yeah drives seem to last for about 1 a minuteor so

GameTime

The entire thing is broken.

+1

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I didn't take it as them trying to defend it, but they are not playing as bad at the offense.

True. But it's meaningless.

It would only mean something if one unit was carrying the other. Like the defense has for so many years in the past, where the joke (which probably wasn't even a joke) was that as the defense left the field they'd beg the offense to "hold 'em". Conversely, the offense has carried the defense during the regular season of late. The defense then get straight and the team had two great playoff runs.

When neither unit is either carrying the other nor distinguishing itself in amy meaningful way the discussion is pointless.

All 4 disciplines suck. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching.

Fin.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:32 PM
True. But it's meaningless.

It would only mean something if one unit was carrying the other. Like the defense has for so many years in the past, where the joke (which probably wasn't even a joke) was that as the defense left the field they'd beg the offense to "hold 'em". Conversely, the offense has carried the defense during the regular season of late. The defense then get straight and the team had two great playoff runs.

When neither unit is either carrying the other nor distinguishing itself in amy meaningful way the discussion is pointless.

All 4 disciplines suck. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching.

Fin.Well yeah, I agree. I was just agreeing with a particular post regarding a particular situation.
Everything is sucking right now, but the defense isn't playing AS BAD as the offense but yeah, everyone is out of focus.

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
No argument there but again, it's not meaningful.

If the defense were carrying the team they might have a complaint, but they aren't and they don't.

The team sucks.

GiantRoc
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
No argument there but again, it's not meaningful.

If the defense were carrying the team they might have a complaint, but they aren't and they don't.

The team sucks.

The D is leading the league in takeways. In a way they ARE carrying the team. As bad as they can be at times, they have also stepped up plenty. The same can not be said for the offense or coaching staff for that matter. When the D blows it, it helps if the O can step up and score to make up for it. That has not happened for weeks. The D has given the offense plenty of help this year, and the offense has wasted those chances. The mistakes are bad at times no doubt. The reason why it looks so much worse is because the other teams are capitalizing on those mistakes, where the Giants are not. The D is not the rock wall of the past, but it is not as bad as many seem to want to make it.

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
The D is leading the league in takeways. In a way they ARE carrying the team. As bad as they can be at times, they have also stepped up plenty. The same can not be said for the offense or coaching staff for that matter. When the D blows it, it helps if the O can step up and score to make up for it. That has not happened for weeks. The D has given the offense plenty of help this year, and the offense has wasted those chances. The mistakes are bad at times no doubt. The reason why it looks so much worse is because the other teams are capitalizing on those mistakes, where the Giants are not. The D is not the rock wall of the past, but it is not as bad as many seem to want to make it.

No, they are not, nor are they carrying the team in any way. Further, I have made no value judgments on the defense other than to say that they're part of the problem, which they are.

Everything else is noise. Neither unit is playing well enough to carry the other and neither unit has a legitimate complaint with the other.

Imgrate
11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Defense and special teams has outscored our offense in recent Weeks.

VTGFAN
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Ya I know the D isn't playing 100%...but keep in mind 21 points were from turn overs on the O. Kind of hard to stop a decent team always on your 15 yrd line.

GiantRoc
11-12-2012, 11:52 PM
No, they are not, nor are they carrying the team in any way. Further, I have made no value judgments on the defense other than to say that they're part of the problem, which they are.

Everything else is noise. Neither unit is playing well enough to carry the other and neither unit has a legitimate complaint with the other.

Oh sorry you are right. We are ranked way down at #2 in takeaways. Plus they have scored points. And set up the O for a lot of field goals.

rEaS
11-13-2012, 12:11 AM

The whole thing is broken. The offense/defense thing is just message board proof of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

incredible.. who made you the king of being right.. but no.. mr sarcasman.. you're right.. our offense is AWESOME and our defense just sucks.. i get it now.. pfff

the title of this post is that even if the offense was playing well, we would still suck and lose because of our D.. i dont agree.. but i guess that means that im wrong since you're mr. right

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 12:15 AM
defense has always been like this the OFFENSE is the problem

Robert21156
11-13-2012, 12:55 AM
its so crazy how most fans can't understand that a poor offense can make a D look worse than it is. 3 and outs and turnovers lost ad huge pressure on the D . also its funny how its ok for the offense to score 2 times out of 8 drives but when a D allows 2 scores out of 8 series they somehow suck.
No one is arguing that the offense hasn't sucked lately. But the defense is welcomed to go out there and get 3 and outs also aren't they? Why do they
just HAVE to stay on the field for 8 or 10 plays? Other team's defenses are getting 3 and outs on us but we don't seem to expect or even HOPE that ours does the same. The original post is correct - the defense would give up a lead no matter how many points we posted. We better hope the offense comes around SOON because I truly have no hope for the D.

moosedrool
11-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Whenever our d-line doesn't get pressure our defense stinks. Same thing happened last year, but at 7-7, Osi came back and our d-line started getting pressure. This year, all our DE's are healthy but a year older and they aren't getting pressure. Big difference and something to be worried about.

Couple that with our o-line that is giving up too much pressure, you are seeing the result. Baas, Boothe, and especially Diehl are below average in pass protection and I don't see them improving in that area.

It starts with the d-line and the o-line. When they fail, the rest of the unit fails.

Rusty192
11-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Whenever our d-line doesn't get pressure our defense stinks. Same thing happened last year, but at 7-7, Osi came back and our d-line started getting pressure. This year, all our DE's are healthy but a year older and they aren't getting pressure. Big difference and something to be worried about.

Couple that with our o-line that is giving up too much pressure, you are seeing the result. Baas, Boothe, and especially Diehl are below average in pass protection and I don't see them improving in that area.

It starts with the d-line and the o-line. When they fail, the rest of the unit fails.It's true. The game is won in the trenches.

JPP=BEASTMODE
11-13-2012, 02:32 AM
It doesn't help the defense that they only get 5 minutes of rest between series, because the offense goes 3 and out every time.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
If the Giants had held the Bengals to all field goals after a huge punt return and a couple of interceptions put the Bengals deep in Giants territory they still would have lost the game. The Giants offense could not only not move the ball, they turned it over at least twice deep in their own territory. Was the defense great? No, but the offense was much worse.

gumby74
11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
If the Giants had held the Bengals to all field goals after a huge punt return and a couple of interceptions put the Bengals deep in Giants territory they still would have lost the game. The Giants offense could not only not move the ball, they turned it over at least twice deep in their own territory. Was the defense great? No, but the offense was much worse.

The defense is not good by any stretch of the imagination, but this year we're still holding other teams to like 19 points a game or something. That's definitely a defense good enough to win with. They pretty terrible all in all though because of the yards allowed etc. But let's be straight. The offense is MUCH worse than the defense is right now. The defense at least is making plays and getting turnovers.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
The defense is not good by any stretch of the imagination, but this year we're still holding other teams to like 19 points a game or something. That's definitely a defense good enough to win with. They pretty terrible all in all though because of the yards allowed etc. But let's be straight. The offense is MUCH worse than the defense is right now. The defense at least is making plays and getting turnovers.Even at the half of that game the defense had given up 17 points and 199 yards of offense. Now that's not great, but the offense was actually worse. They scored 3 points off a special teams gift. I was waiting for them to do something. Before the half they had a chance to put a drive together and cut the lead to 7 with them getting the ball to start the second half. Then they had a good drive in the second half and fumbled the ball. When the interception happened it was all over.

GameTime
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
pretty simple....
Both sides of the ball are not helping each other with their current perfomances. Neither side is stepping up to carry the team. Each side has to play well to help the other. Its not getting done. Slice it and dice it how ever you want. Its total team effort. Its not working right now.

dezzzR
11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
if they played lights out then the D would get rest, you ask them to make 5 out of 6 stops and then complain when they are gassed later.Didnt they give up a 50 yard td in the opening mins. You guys keep making excuses for this defense, fact is Perrys been here 3 years and players are still blowing assignments and cant stop the run or pass. Numbers dont lie.

Dwinsballgames
11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I believe the defense played well enough to win the game. 76 yards rushing and 199 through the air isn't fabulous, but if the offense was clicking, it would have been plenty.

BurnerNYG
11-13-2012, 11:12 AM
You guys are wasting your time trying to figure out what's wrong with this team. I'll tell you what's wrong, "THEY SUCK" and they're on a season long Superbowl hangover! These dudes aren't trying to play another long season. Be happy they won a SB last season because they're not winning another one this year.

GameTime
11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
You guys are wasting your time trying to figure out what's wrong with this team. I'll tell you what's wrong, "THEY SUCK" and they're on a season long Superbowl hangover! These dudes aren't trying to play another long season. Be happy they won a SB last season because they're not winning another one this year.
glad we got that cleared up...thanks.....:cool:

BurnerNYG
11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
glad we got that cleared up...thanks.....:cool:I'm just trying to ease the pain of the people on suicide watch in case we don't turn this mess around. You can't win a Superbowl every year and sometimes it's better to hope for the best but expect the worst. We got a brutal stretch of games ahead and then if we make the playoffs as a Wildcard, we'll probably end up meeting some of those same teams again. You can't keep collapsing in November and expect to turn it back on every year.

dezzzR
11-13-2012, 11:29 AM
I believe the defense played well enough to win the game. 76 yards rushing and 199 through the air isn't fabulous, but if the offense was clicking, it would have been plenty.4 tds through the air is horrendous.

Dwinsballgames
11-13-2012, 11:33 AM
4 tds through the air is horrendous.

Yeah but they wouldn't have had 2 of those if the offense didn't turn the ball over deep in our territory.

GameTime
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm just trying to ease the pain of the people on suicide watch in case we don't turn this mess around. You can't win a Superbowl every year and sometimes it's better to hope for the best but expect the worst. We got a brutal stretch of games ahead and then if we make the playoffs as a Wildcard, we'll probably end up meeting some of those same teams again. You can't keep collapsing in November and expect to turn it back on every year.
I hear you......of course you cant win every year. But its nice to think your team can. As far as the Giants are concerned. I cant see them winning 4 of their next 6 games. They blew their season when the lost the last two IMO....
I have hope as a fan but.......

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
You guys are wasting your time trying to figure out what's wrong with this team. I'll tell you what's wrong, "THEY SUCK" and they're on a season long Superbowl hangover! These dudes aren't trying to play another long season. Be happy they won a SB last season because they're not winning another one this year. +1