PDA

View Full Version : FOOTBALL = FUN

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
If you ask me, it seems this team has lacked a fundamental aspect of football for a long, long time. FUN. Fassel may have lost the team eventually, even Parcells was a hard-nose guy but at the end of the day the good teams seem to have fun out there. Why do you play football? I played because it was fun. Yea, the Giants like all teams seem to have fun at times, from an individual standpoint. But as a team they seem to not enjoy what they do. I don't know what it is. I gotta say coaching. Fewells "schemes" suck. KG's predictability is a huge issue (although people say his offense is complex) and they lack zero creativity. No mis-directions, end-to-rounds-flea-flickers etc. Nothing that we did as kids to make the game fun. Zero suprise factor on offense. This team looks like they are going throughthe motions and I for one am not having fun watching this. We need a coach who can relate to his guys and inspire them to run through walls. Yea TC is an X,O's guy, NOT a player friendly coach. We need a Tomlin,Harbaugh type guy. Please, make football fun again.

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Probably my best post all year. Nobody? Ah, well

burier
12-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I hear what your saying but considering how rich these guys are football should be pleanty fun.

But i agree and the reason we collapse every year is that TC's message gets old at about week 8. The players get sick of him and stop playing. That's my best guess.

I know that when you get to this part of the year it becomes a serious grind for any team. I thin Coughlins drill sergent BS makes it even worse. Couple that with defensive schemes no one believes in and you get the Redskins whipping our *** even with the division on the line in our own building.

I love Cough for the SB and everything but he has to go.

NYSPORTS
12-20-2011, 11:12 AM

Few replies b/c it's inaccurate. You mention Tomlin regarding fun? The guy put his team into pads and worked them overtime his very first practice. I don't believe any of the players thought it was "fun" nor do I believe "fun" is the missing ingredient here.

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 12:36 PM

Few replies b/c it's inaccurate. You mention Tomlin regarding fun? The guy put his team into pads and worked them overtime his very first practice. I don't believe any of the players thought it was "fun" nor do I believe "fun" is the missing ingredient here.All I meant was we need a coach who is lively. Practice is practice. I see guys like the harbaugh bros, tomlin and even rex hi-fivin and huggin guys on the sideline. Yea, football is not fun (ha-ha fun) but you shouldnt be bored with your coach at wk8.

Mofofreak1
12-20-2011, 01:06 PM
I agree whole heartedly. The problem isnít that TC is a bad coach; the problem is he has lost respect from his players, and Iím not just talking this year. Every season since he has been coach Ė the SB, we have had late season collapses; you can blame it on injuries if you want but how about the packers?
With out the respect of your players a coach is nothing.

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Exactly. Even in 07 we werent an offensive juggernaut. Our d was inspired by spags. Hes gone d goes down the crapper. No inspiration.

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up

that being said.....

these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games

thats it

BurnerNYG
12-20-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner but I agree with everything you said. You basically said the words I've been searching for. Great points.

giantsforce
12-20-2011, 02:40 PM
I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up that being said..... these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games thats itAnd if the playersdo not execute and win games, who is responsible for taking action?

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up that being said..... these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games thats itAnd if the players*do not execute and win games, who is responsible for taking action?

these are not children

each player is responsible for his own actions and should hold themselves accountable....and hold the whole unit accountable

dont go fishing for **** talk on coaches....you wont get it from me

being put into a poor game plan is on the coaches

poor play calling is on the coaches

having the team unprepared in any way possible is on the coaches

but a team coming out flat and hanging their heads on the sideline looking defeated and showing absolutely no heart is on these GROWN MEN multi millionaire athletes

timmytimm3
12-20-2011, 02:54 PM
My job is not "fun" at all, but it keeps food on the table and a roof over my head.

For this team to show no heart and look defeated when the season is basically on the line is sickening.

I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing freezing my *** off

BurnerNYG
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM
My job is not "fun" at all, but it keeps food on the table and a roof over my head.

For this team to show no heart and look defeated when the season is basically on the line is sickening.

I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing freezing my *** offSports is entertainment... if you look up entertainment in the dictionary, fun is in there somewhere. Your job is work and in some cases, modern day slavery. What world do you live in?

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I see where yr going.....and right on...they should be having fun ....if they are not its time to hang it up

that being said.....

these guys are not payed to have fun......they are payed to perform, execute and create a cohesive unit that wins games My message was this. Think of all the jobs youve had. Youre favorite one no doubt, would be a job for you like your boss, enjoyed your coworkers, and had fun at what you did. you're happy to go and everyday can you were at your best because you enjoy what you were doing. like someone already said , football is their job, and while I agree 100 percent these guys look like they don't enjoy anytging anymore

thats it

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 05:12 PM

I still can't believe I sat through the whole thing freezing my *** off My whole point was this. any job you really love you like your boss your coworkers what you did. yes football is a tough job but your play should be reflective of how much you enjoy doing it. and with a few exceptions like eli and jpp, these guys don't have a spark anymore and I think that starts at the top

Weygand
12-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Sports is entertainment... if you look up entertainment in the dictionary, fun is in there somewhere. Your job is work and in some cases, modern day slavery. What world do you live in?

I rather enjoy my work and would dare say it's fun. Playing with my son's trains and chasing him around on his big wheel is fun.

The Giants are a passion and when they play like solid waste, then the good times I have signed onto are gone and I am left asking "where have all the good times gone?"

NYSPORTS
12-20-2011, 06:12 PM
The threat of being cut and having to get a real job should be motivation enough.

jomo
12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Disagree! Winning = Fun. Losing is not =Fun.

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Disagree! Winning = Fun. Losing is not =Fun.if they had a winning attitude theyd be showing it on the field. The winning teams have great commraderie. not this team.

jomo
12-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Disagree! Winning = Fun. Losing is not =Fun.if they had a winning attitude theyd be showing it on the field. The winning teams have great commraderie. not this team.Hard pressed to disagree. Still trying to get my head around whether our DC is part of the problem.

gfanblue
12-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Disagree! Winning = Fun. Losing is not =Fun.if they had a winning attitude theyd be showing it on the field. The winning teams have great commraderie. not this team.Hard pressed to disagree. Still trying to get my head around whether our DC is part of the problem.Yea, injuries are a big fault with this team. But hey, you're in the nfl for a reason. even rookies can make some difference

BurnerNYG
12-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Sports is entertainment... if you look up entertainment in the dictionary, fun is in there somewhere. Your job is work and in some cases, modern day slavery. What world do you live in?

I rather enjoy my work and would dare say it's fun. Playing with my son's trains and chasing him around on his big wheel is fun.

The Giants are a passion and when they play like solid waste, then the good times I have signed onto are gone and I am left asking "where have all the good times gone?"I know there's people out there who enjoy their jobs but I wasn't talking about that small percentage of people. I was more or less talking about the hardworking blue collar, supposedably middle class individuals like myself who doesn't exactly call what I do for a living fun.

I didn't go to college to earn my dream job, I went to tractor trailer school to get my Class A CDL and although I make close to 30 bucks an hr, in these days and times that's chicken scratch. I got plans and goals that are in motion though so God willing... 2012 will be a very interesting year.

Now as far as playing sports, when I was a kid and went outside to play basketball, football, baseball or whatever... I was having fun.

These guys that we watch on TV can play sports at a high level so people pay big money to watch these athletes/entertainers... people paid so much money that this **** actually became a business.

What makes their job a job is us fans that expects greatness on every single snap of the ball and puts pressure on our favorite teams to reach the pinnacle of our favorite sports. Otherwise, these would just be highly competitive grown men having fun, playing their childhood game against the best this country has to offer.

gmen46
12-21-2011, 03:26 AM

Few replies b/c it's inaccurate. You mention Tomlin regarding fun? The guy put his team into pads and worked them overtime his very first practice. I don't believe any of the players thought it was "fun" nor do I believe "fun" is the missing ingredient here.All I meant was we need a coach who is lively. Practice is practice. I see guys like the harbaugh bros, tomlin and even rex hi-fivin and huggin guys on the sideline. Yea, football is not fun (ha-ha fun) but you shouldnt be bored with your coach at wk8.

If what you say about the team being "bored" with the coach (as if that were a real issue) by week 8, then why do they return the following year--each and every year--and go 6-2 or 5-3 EVERY year?

Does that mean in Sept-Oct they forget to be bored again, and that it occurs to them to be bored again, only when Nov rolls around?

And, by the way, after the Dallas game--just 1 week ago-- I saw no player showing boredom with Tom Coughlin. And that was week 14, six weeks after your "they get bored after week 8" theory.

This ongoing, relentless "Coughlin is not player friendly", and Coughlin has lost the team"--AGAIN--is pure horse crap.

And even if it were true, how come Coughlin hasn't "lost" Eli, Bradshaw, JPP this year, if he actually has "lost the team"?

And "huggin guys on the sideline"? Are you kidding me? Is this supposed to be a professional football team, or a fraternity?

Coughlin's coaching personality is not the problem.

mikeq672
12-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Winning = Fun
Losing = Not Fun

BurnerNYG
12-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Screw hugging on the sidelines... I prefer the coach giving dap and strong handshakes. Coughlin is old school in a new school game and it shows. Yeah, he's plenty emotional but can he relate with a 21 year old rookie straight from Crenshaw? I think not!

You gotta be universal in this game, you gotta know how to fire up the troops. You never allow your players to hang their heads on the sideline. The NY Giants keep up with how they handle things and all they're gonna have left to cheer them on is older men like yourself. Coughlin won us a Superbowl with the help of Spags but I'm sorry to say... he's past his prime.

BurnerNYG
12-21-2011, 04:15 AM
And before you come throwing Belichik in my face, that man is an anomaly. Him and Kraft are basically partners and they got the balls to kick a player out in the middle of the season to prove a point.