PDA

View Full Version : Joe Benigo even just said the o-line hasn't been the same

RagingBlue
11-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Joe Benigo on WFAN even just said the o-line hasn't been the same since Diehl returned.

sharick88
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
He's right

BParcells777
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Gee what a revelation.......I like Joe but that is over-stating the obvious.

Coughlin is out to get Eli killed...........guy has 500-600 snaps and you sit him??.........for an injured guy who is lookin like a turnstile?

giants8493
11-12-2012, 11:34 AM
the offense has been struggling ever since david diehl was back into the line up. I call this the "The Diehl Factor" It is an unlimited source of bad Juju. Until we get him out of the lineup, we will continue to be hit by "The Diehl Factor"

GIANTSED101
11-12-2012, 11:40 AM
All we're doing is seeing a replay of what happened when O'hara was done and Coughlin stuck him back in the line up when he shouldn't. Putting Diehl back in isn't all of the problem but it's definitely hurt the teams chemistry. The lack of protection of the ride side has started turning Eli back into his old self plus the lack of protection from AB1. And that to an awful running game and the lack of explosive plays we are looking like Clark Kent right now rather than Super Man.

BParcells777
11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
well at leaast he did the boneheaded dance at the halfway pole and not at the end lie he did with O'hara.

Sending Petrus packing was a stroke of genius too LOL

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
All we're doing is seeing a replay of what happened when O'hara was done and Coughlin stuck him back in the line up when he shouldn't. Putting Diehl back in isn't all of the problem but it's definitely hurt the teams chemistry. The lack of protection of the ride side has started turning Eli back into his old self plus the lack of protection from AB1. And that to an awful running game and the lack of explosive plays we are looking like Clark Kent right now rather than Super Man.

I think you make a good point with your comparison to O'Hara.

Some people might fault Coughlin for excessive loyalty to Diehl....that may be true. But I can understand that.....Diehl is a guy who helped this team win 2 Super Bowls.....he's a tough, hardworking guy, and I'm sure Coughlin is personally very fond of him and wants to give him every opportunity to keep his job.

I'm not saying that to defend the choice to go with Diehl, but rather, just trying to explain it.

Bill Parcells said that when a player is past his prime, the decline in performance can be shocking. I think that's the case with Diehl. Or, it could that his knee simply isn't 100%.

Either way, he's got to be replaced. Eli was far more comfortable in the pocket without Diehl in the lineup.....and I think that will be the deciding factor.

I believe Sean Locklear will be the starting right tackle v. Green Bay.

RagingBlue
11-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I believe Sean Locklear will be the starting right tackle v. Green Bay.

I hope so, but Coughlin is so damn stubborn. We might not win another game if Diehl keeps on starting.

jomo
11-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Joe Benigo on WFAN even just said the o-line hasn't been the same since Diehl returned.Why use irreputable sources to support an otherwise solid argument?

BMW
11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
If cougnlin plays diehl again and starts bradshaw, he deserves to be fired because he's not stubborn anymore but plain stupid.

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Gee what a revelation.......I like Joe but that is over-stating the obvious.

Coughlin is out to get Eli killed...........guy has 500-600 snaps and you sit him??.........for an injured guy who is lookin like a turnstile?

You are right. You should've heard the way he said it. He was really disgusted with the guy. He was talking about DD the way he talked about Wayne Hunter.I thought he was kind of funny when he talking about DD. lol

Dwinsballgames
11-12-2012, 04:41 PM
This just in: Joe Beningo on Tha Fan making a very strong argument for the earth being round. he really got worked up about it.

JJC7301
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
This just in: Joe Beningo on Tha Fan making a very strong argument for the earth being round. he really got worked up about it.
Unfortunately, everyone thinks it's obvious except for TC. That's the problem.

alentown pa
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
maybe Big Dave is back on the sauce

jomo
11-12-2012, 05:51 PM
This just in: Joe Beningo on Tha Fan making a very strong argument for the earth being round. he really got worked up about it.lol I guess the tread should have been titled "Even pea brains like Joe Benigno can see that.................."

Tmurda1984
11-12-2012, 05:56 PM
This offensive line hasnt been the same since Reese let O'Hara and Seubert walk. Reese miserably failed to replace those guys and Baas is a big reason. Diehl takes alot of blame for being Acorsi's boy and playing against the best pass rushers in the league. Baas doesnt get to much blame because 95% of the fan base love Reese and anoint him as a Savior....Baas is terrible and doesnt have to play against Ware, Cole,etc....Bass was even terrible when Ratliff didnt play against the us in the opener....Josh Brent was owning Baas lol.