PDA

View Full Version : Let's not forget but for a non playoff collapse Dallas still has to win 3-5 more game

Giantterp
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Assuming that WAS and Philly is out (I think those are safe assumptions), Dallas still needs to win a bunch more games. As we all know, it's a week to week league and they are not the most consistent team either. They still have to play out their schedule...They got RG3 twice (WA|S always plays them tough), NO too, and Pit.

No team in the NFL is better suited to handle a slide like this than the Giants and they are still favorites to win the east. Just get them in the playoffs...You know that no one want's to play the Giants in the playoffs.

ManningToJPP
11-12-2012, 11:54 AM
whats Dallas record? 9-7 wins or ties the division. do they have 4 or 5 wins? if they have 4 they need 5 more. if they have 5 they will need 4 more wins.

9-7 WINS THE NFC EAST

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 12:09 PM
whats Dallas record? 9-7 wins or ties the division. do they have 4 or 5 wins? if they have 4 they need 5 more. if they have 5 they will need 4 more wins.

9-7 WINS THE NFC EASTI just hope we can get 4 points

BParcells777
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
The way we are playing now......I want to go 6-10 and get a new HC.........either that or a SB bearth.........anything in between is meaningless.....going into the playoffs and getting ousted right away would be worse than 6-10

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Tell me who the Giants are capable of beating. Maybe Washington again?

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Tell me who the Giants are capable of beating. Maybe Washington again?They are capable of beating anyone, but the question is which team shows up.

Giantterp
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Tell me who the Giants are capable of beating. Maybe Washington again?

This is basically the same team and coaching staff that beat NE SF twice, GB, and Atlanta. So, i would say they can beat anyone. No team in the NFL is more capable of turning things around. They a few sacks and one big TD pass away from feeling good again. How many times have the Giant's been buried the past few years?

All i was saying is that Dallas is having their problems too...

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
They are capable of beating anyone, but the question is which team shows up.Based on what? They where lucky to be 6-2. Their luck has run out. They have played more bad than they have good this year. Green Bay and the Saint may combine for 100 points on them and a slumping Eli with an injured Nicks, no Manningham, and Diehl wimput up lots of field goals.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Based on what? They where lucky to be 6-2. Their luck has run out. They have played more bad than they have good this year. Green Bay and the Saint may combine for 100 points on them and a slumping Eli with an injured Nicks, no Manningham, and Diehl wimput up lots of field goals.We did it last year didn't we? We're not playing well but saying we aren't capable of beating anyone is nonsense.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Last year is not this year. Last year at least they could score points. This year not only is the defense not doing well, the offense is doing worse. I hope I'm wrong but two weeks from now they are going to get humiliated at home.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Last year is not this year. Last year at least they could score points. This year not only is the defense not doing well, the offense is doing worse. I hope I'm wrong but two weeks from now they are going to get humiliated at home.You're right. Last year is not this year, but we are capable of beating teams.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
We shall see. I'm expecting a huge fail in a prime time game in two weeks. Rogers is going to light them up and the offense won't be able to win a shoot out.

Giantterp
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
It's pretty simple. Not every team is going to play their best game each week. Which also means that the Dallas is going to have some clunkers and some of the Giant's opponents are going to have some clunkers. What's to say that GB is going to bring their A game in a couple of weeks? Its a week to week league. The Giants were not going to be as good as they were after beating SF a few weeks ago and they are probably going to be as bad as they were yesterday. This is also basically the same team that got embarrassed by Seattle and a Vince Young lead Philly team at home and won the Superbowl the same year. They're still in good shape. Again, a couple of big plays and I think we will see a different team.

giantsforce
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
You're right. Last year is not this year, but we are capable of beating teams.I agree with you taht we are capable of beating any team in the NFL, the problem though is that the Giants rarely play up to their capabilities.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Last year they needs the defense to get healthy but they could rely on the offense. This year they are healthy and both sides of the ball are playing poorly. So now they will flip a switch and be ok? Hey, I hope so, but if its that easy they need to find out why this is happenening.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Last year they needs the defense to get healthy but they could rely on the offense. This year they are healthy and both sides of the ball are playing poorly. So now they will flip a switch and be ok? Hey, I hope so, but if its that easy they need to find out why this is happenening.Now this I can agree with. None of the players know "why" and frankly, neither do the fans. We can only guess.
That's the disturbing part of it all.
How did we go from a Top 5 offense to now one of the worst offenses in the league? That doesn't make any sense at all. Everything just collapse from the end of the Browns game to the start of the Washington game.

Are we not capable of winning games? I don't believe that, but we aren't playing well right now and we have a lot of adjusting to do.

Parademon
11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I feel that teams just don't have any respect for our run game & know they only have to stop the passing game & they will most likely win. Give Bradshaw a game off vs GB, let him heal up for 3 weeks. Start Brown & Wilson. See what they can do. As for the D, teams have finally found ways to defeat the front 4's pass rush. Quick slant passes, QBs are taking 3-4 step drops & getting the ball off quickly. PF is gonna have to dial up a few LB/DB blitzes a few times when teams are in 3rd & long. Make the QB get rid of the ball before the recievers can get downfield.

The annual 2nd half collapse has begun & if the G-men don't get their head's outta their butts soon, they will be on NFL networks next segment of " Top 10 biggest team collapses" in history.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree with you taht we are capable of beating any team in the NFL, the problem though is that the Giants rarely play up to their capabilities.That's where the problem currently stands.
How are we this talented and performing the way we are?

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
They only really have to win one more game than the Giants, they tie us and win the tie breaker, with the Giants remaining schedule they are not sitting in very good shape!.

NYGabriel
11-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Dallas go 5-5 if they beat the Browns on Sunday. They then play the Skins on the Thursday. They could be 6-5 by the time we play Greenbay. If we lose to the Packers, and we are level at 6-5 with Dallas, I can see only one team taking the division from that point and it's not big blue.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Tell me who the Giants are capable of beating. Maybe Washington again?Look Buddy's back to his old negative self again....what your giving up already???The Giants can beat anyone if they play good football. Do you remember last year??

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
We shall see. I'm expecting a huge fail in a prime time game in two weeks. Rogers is going to light them up and the offense won't be able to win a shoot out.What else is new....

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Dallas go 5-5 if they beat the Browns on Sunday. They then play the Skins on the Thursday. They could be 6-5 by the time we play Greenbay. If we lose to the Packers, and we are level at 6-5 with Dallas, I can see only one team taking the division from that point and it's not big blue.Are you serious...lol. Why even play the rest of the games?We should just mail it in cause Dallas has proven that they are a powerhouse with their 1 playoff win. The Giants can easly turn this around and if it comes down to the last game of the season for one of us to make it.. I like our chances. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas loses next week to the Browns.

Giantterp
11-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Dallas go 5-5 if they beat the Browns on Sunday. They then play the Skins on the Thursday. They could be 6-5 by the time we play Greenbay. If we lose to the Packers, and we are level at 6-5 with Dallas, I can see only one team taking the division from that point and it's not big blue.

Even if that happens, Dallas is not going to go 11-5 or 10-6. They are going to lose some games too. Even if the Giants lose to GB, they're still in decent shape.

alentown pa
11-12-2012, 05:14 PM
We shall see. I'm expecting a huge fail in a prime time game in two weeks. Rogers is going to light them up and the offense won't be able to win a shoot out.

lmao..ur the best srsly...don't ever stop being the most miserable fan ever....It must be painful for you to watch a game....have you ever considered another hobby? Like a suicide hotline operator?

gmenfan0488
11-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Even if that happens, Dallas is not going to go 11-5 or 10-6. They are going to lose some games too. Even if the Giants lose to GB, they're still in decent shape.

I hope so, but I'm not feeling hopeful

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Sure I remember last year. Last year the defense struggled while the offense was rolling along. They also had a lot of injuries last year. The difference this year is that they are not that banged up and the offense is playing poorly. So now a pretty healthy team is all of a sudden going to play good football? Why now? See last year they had an excuse. Why are they playing bad now?

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 05:46 PM
If the worst possible scenario for the next 2 weeks happens and Giants lose to GB and Dallas wins both their next games against Cleveland and Washington, we're still tied. And just in time to get a Washington team beat up by Philly and the same Dallas team I was just talking about...

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Sure I remember last year. Last year the defense struggled while the offense was rolling along. They also had a lot of injuries last year. The difference this year is that they are not that banged up and the offense is playing poorly. So now a pretty healthy team is all of a sudden going to play good football? Why now? See last year they had an excuse. Why are they playing bad now?Your right Buddy why bother...the Cowboys will win the division and GB is going to smash us on Sunday night. I might as well not even watch for the rest of the season.Are you sure your a Giants fan??

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Your right Buddy why bother...the Cowboys will win the division and GB is going to smash us on Sunday night. I might as well not even watch for the rest of the season.Are you sure your a Giants fan??

I'm wondering this too... even if Eli suffered a freak season-ending injury I would still watch the games and cheer for my TEAM (while at the same time *****ing to the ends of the earth when players look like they don't care or coaches make boneheaded decisions, and the TEAM suffers as a result).

There is only the New York Giants. There is no New York Eli, or New York Tuck, or New York JPP, or New York Cruz, or New York Coughlin... there is the TEAM that I root for, and if someone is going to bring the TEAM down, I hope they die a horrible death. Not really, but you get the sentiment...

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm wondering this too... even if Eli suffered a freak season-ending injury I would still watch the games and cheer for my TEAM (while at the same time *****ing to the ends of the earth when players look like they don't care or coaches make boneheaded decisions, and the TEAM suffers as a result).

There is only the New York Giants. There is no New York Eli, or New York Tuck, or New York JPP, or New York Cruz, or New York Coughlin... there is the TEAM that I root for, and if someone is going to bring the TEAM down, I hope they die a horrible death. Not really, but you get the sentiment...I get it and I agree...It's just sickening that people are writing this team off already. While it's not the same as last year cause the defense was struggling and we were scoring points. But did anyone think the defense would turn it around last year? This year people are worried that the offense can''t turn it around? To me I believe the offense is close to turning it around. Eli was 29-46 yesterday with some major drops and fumbles and bad pass protection. You know what to me those problems land on two people Bradshaw and DD. Once Tc fixes this the team will be fine. One last thing I am happy that we have a hard schedule the rest of the way cause this team rises when they play the hard teams in the NFL. They will be ready for GB and will play a great game win or lose.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I get it and I agree...It's just sickening that people are writing this team off already. While it's not the same as last year cause the defense was struggling and we were scoring points. But did anyone think the defense would turn it around last year? This year people are worried that the offense can''t turn it around? To me I believe the offense is close to turning it around. Eli was 29-46 yesterday with some major drops and fumbles and bad pass protection. You know what to me those problems land on two people Bradshaw and DD. If Tc fixes this the team will be fine. One last thing I am happy that we have a hard schedule the rest of the way cause this team rises when they play the hard teams in the NFL. They will be ready for GB and will play a great game win or lose.

Fixed.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 09:54 PM
You can still be a fan and also think your team might lose. Even though I think they may lose that game I will watch. I watched every painful moment of yesterday's game and even though they looked like garbage I was hoping something would happen. If they beat Green Bay that means both the offense and defense showed up. As nice as that would be there would be serious questions as to why a pretty healthy team shows up one week and looks problem the 4 games before. Don't tell me the bye is going to fix everything.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
You can still be a fan and also think your team might lose. Even though I think they may lose that game I will watch. I watched every painful moment of yesterday's game and even though they looked like garbage I was hoping something would happen. If they beat Green Bay that means both the offense and defense showed up. As nice as that would be there would be serious questions as to why a pretty healthy team shows up one week and looks problem the 4 games before. Don't tell me the bye is going to fix everything. There's a difference between thinking they will lose and saying they are going to get crushed and have no chance to make it to the playoffs.....

alentown pa
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Your right Buddy why bother...the Cowboys will win the division and GB is going to smash us on Sunday night. I might as well not even watch for the rest of the season.Are you sure your a Giants fan??

I hate to admit it but he does have a point about the offense playing well last year even during the losing streak....thing that worries me is that this team is healthy and playing poor...however there is nothing to show imo that these coaches and these players won't get it fixed...they are as talented as anyone in the NFL, thats a fact.

alentown pa
11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
im sick to my stomach for agreeing with buddy

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I hate to admit it but he does have a point about the offense playing well last year even during the losing streak....thing that worries me is that this team is healthy and playing poor...however there is nothing to show imo that these coaches and these players won't get it fixed...they are as talented as anyone in the NFL, thats a fact.That's just my point... if you had to choose between which one will get back on track faster would it be the offensive side of the ball or defense?? IDK to me the offense can get back on track easily and I expect them to. Last year I really thought our defense would never get on track and they did. I trust Eli and the wr's to get it going and get it going Thanksgiving weekend. I don't agree with Buddy at all. He thinks we should just not even play and that Dallas is going to go 7-0 and we are going 0-6.

miked1958
11-12-2012, 10:15 PM
whats Dallas record? 9-7 wins or ties the division. do they have 4 or 5 wins? if they have 4 they need 5 more. if they have 5 they will need 4 more wins.9-7 WINS THE NFC EASTthey are 4-5 as of right now. Philly and skins are 3-6.. Dallas would have to go 5-2 and the other two 6-1 to get to 9 wins. Dallas will lose more then 2 games

alentown pa
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
That's just my point... if you had to choose between which one will get back on track faster would it be the offensive side of the ball or defense?? IDK to me the offense can get back on track easily and I expect them to. Last year I really thought our defense would never get on track and they did. I trust Eli and the wr's to get it going and get it going Thanksgiving weekend. I don't agree with Buddy at all. He thinks we should just not even play and that Dallas is going to go 7-0 and we are going 0-6.

I know..I wish buddy would enjoy the games more..

alentown pa
11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
although nobody no matter how much of a homer you are could enjoy that game...I recall a game on thanksgiving against denver, that was as bad of beating as we have taken since then.