PDA

View Full Version : Eli's worst stretch of games since 2007.

Manning
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
This is easily Eli's worst stretch of games since 2007. 2008 he really wasn't asked to do much, just not make mistakes since our run game was so dominant.

In 2009-2011, Eli might have had a bad game here and there, but he was always able to find open receivers and move the chains and get first downs. These past 3-4 games, I feel uncomfortable on every 3rd down now. It almost feels impossible for us to convert any of them.

After yesterday, there needs to be some concern. I certainly can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure the coaches tape might be more telling than what I can see live. In the past 3 seasons, I've never seen Eli try to dump it off as many times as he did yesterday. That is a clear indicator he is either not comfortable or has lost some confidence in himself and the receivers. In this same time span of 3 seasons, we had been pretty damn successful on intermediate routes, and now we can't even get one completion in that area of the field. It baffles me how quickly we regressed.

We have a large enough sample to know that Eli and the passing game is better than this. I'm nervous though because it looks like it is SO difficult and impossible for all of them.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:55 AM
This is easily Eli's worst stretch of games since 2007. 2008 he really wasn't asked to do much, just not make mistakes since our run game was so dominant.

In 2009-2011, Eli might have had a bad game here and there, but he was always able to find open receivers and move the chains and get first downs. These past 3-4 games, I feel uncomfortable on every 3rd down now. It almost feels impossible for us to convert any of them.

After yesterday, there needs to be some concern. I certainly can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure the coaches tape might be more telling than what I can see live. In the past 3 seasons, I've never seen Eli try to dump it off as many times as he did yesterday. That is a clear indicator he is either not comfortable or has lost some confidence in himself and the receivers. In this same time span of 3 seasons, we had been pretty damn successful on intermediate routes, and now we can't even get one completion in that area of the field. It baffles me how quickly we regressed.

We have a large enough sample to know that Eli and the passing game is better than this. I'm nervous though because it looks like it is SO difficult and impossible for all of them. We've been successful on DEEP routes. Now that they are doubling everyone, the deep route is completely gone and...yep. This is what we have.
That's not the only thing, but I just wanted to point that out.

ManningToJPP
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Something is wrong. And quite frankly I've seen enough form Eli the past 7 years to know for certain our issue on offense is not solely on his shoulders. Something else is off. Blocking, receivers not getting open, the run game non-existent. Something....its not just Eli, believe me.

ibbill
11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Something is wrong. And quite frankly I've seen enough form Eli the past 7 years to know for certain our issue on offense is not solely on his shoulders. Something else is off. Blocking, receivers not getting open, the run game non-existent. Something....its not just Eli, believe me.

Agree looks like Eli is hurrying every thing due to the pass blocking breaking down bad.

Kruunch
11-12-2012, 12:17 PM

Our oline is in flux.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Agree looks like Eli is hurrying every thing due to the pass blocking breaking down bad.On top of that, receivers can't get open, and he's turning the ball over..

Manning
11-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Are our receivers really not getting open? Or does it look like that because passes are being forced to well covered receivers?

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
we only have one weapon on offense, Cruz, take him away and you have nothing.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
we only have one weapon on offense, Cruz, take him away and you have nothing.So one dimensional. That's on the coaches to implement a new game plan and for the players to execute that game plan.

Remember when KG said we would incorporate the no huddle?
I saw that in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. GREAT game planning KG..

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Are our receivers really not getting open? Or does it look like that because passes are being forced to well covered receivers?They are jamming our receivers at the line. Cruz is doubled and Nicks is doubled. Once that happens, you can say goodbye to our THROW IT 70 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD scheme.
That is why we need to make adjustments.

stormblue
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Eli has been exposed.
he is immobile and has a slow release / decision making process.
pressure him and his receivers early...and he makes poor decisions
and errant throws.

ok start throwing stones....that's what mob mentality does
when faced with fear of the truth.

Kez Simpson
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
They are jamming our receivers at the line. Cruz is doubled and Nicks is doubled. Once that happens, you can say goodbye to our THROW IT 70 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD scheme.
That is why we need to make adjustments.

You really think its that simple? I'm pretty sure its deeper than something as simple as this. That is a simple adjustment that doesn't take 5 weeks to figure out. I'm looking directly at Gilbride on this one.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Eli has been exposed.
he is immobile and has a slow release / decision making process.
pressure him and his receivers early...and he makes poor decisions
and errant throws.

ok start throwing stones....that's what mob mentality does
when faced with fear of the truth.This entire team has been exposed.
I'll give you an example.

At the beginning of the 4th quarter, Cruz literally dropped a sure touchdown. Just flt out dropped it. After the game he said "I took my eyes off the ball and lost focus". Why are you losing focus? Oh that's right, nobody is focused right now.

Eli is not playing well right now and cannot defend his turnovers, but he can't block and throw at the same time. It's not just Eli, it's the entire offense.

Harooni
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
the offense game plan and our tendency's has indeed been compromised. we need big changes or we are done this season.