PDA

View Full Version : Paying Osi

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
that extra cash and dealing him to Baltimore for the 2nd and 3rd has turned out to be a miserable decision. We could have used that money to resign BJ and MM and avoided Osiís attitude rubbing off on the younger players. We also could have used those picks. If we are not in contention toward the end of the season, expect Osi to have a nagging injury and sit out. I would not be surprised if Tuck and JPP follow suit.

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
avoided Osi’s attitude rubbing off on the younger players. We also could have used those picks. If we are not in contention toward the end of the season, expect Osi to have a nagging injury and sit out. I would not be surprised if Tuck and JPP follow suit.

I just don't understand people that think like this.
Out of all the problems that has manifested with this team, Osi's attitude rubbing off on players is the one that you chose to highlight as the sole problem.
OY VEY

CDN_G-FAN
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
i don't think we were ever offered a 2nd and 3rd for him.

i'm certain it was just a 3rd.

and i would have taken it, not based on this play now, i just haven't been a fan of his for the last 2-3 years.

i think he'd benefit from being in a different city, and i think our locker room would benefit from him not being here.

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM

and i would have taken it, not based on this play now, i just haven't been a fan of his for the last 2-3 years.

i think he'd benefit from being in a different city, and i think our locker room would benefit from him not being here.

Please explain how Osi is a detriment to our locker room.

I also find it hard to believe anyone did not like Osi for 2-3 years especially with the production he has had in those said years.

I am not trying to challenge you, just merely wanting to understand your views on the matter.

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Out of all the problems that has manifested with this team, Osi's attitude rubbing off on players is the one that you chose to highlight as the sole problem.
OY VEY

I was saying the same thing. Osi is the last person I want to talk about. DD is the worst player on the Giants, and he is starting.He is the only person we need talk about. People talking about Osi and Blackburn playing badly need a reality check. The entire team is playing bad, but DD exceeds at being terrible. lol

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM

We would sure benefit from him playing in another city :o

Marvelousmik
11-12-2012, 01:42 PM

I also find it hard to believe anyone did not like Osi for 2-3 years especially with the production he has had in those said years.

I am not trying to challenge you, just merely wanting to understand your views on the matter.

+1 osi helped us win the superbowl last year. he didnt play lights out but he made key plays and helped us close out some games. Im happy we paid him but i think after this season he may be done

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I was saying the same thing. Osi is the last person I want to talk about. DD is the worst player on the Giants, and he is starting.He is the only person we need talk about. People talking about Osi and Blackburn playing badly need a reality check. The entire team is playing bad, but DD exceeds at being terrible. lol

I think back to the year of Sheridan. The defense as a whole was terrible that year; Fans thought the drop off in production from Spagnolou leaving was going to be minimal, because he gave the blue print to Sheridan. It was suppose to be a maintenance gig instead of a disaster, boy were we wrong.
The D-line did nothing, the LB's did nothing, the Corners and Safties did everything to give points to the opposing offenses. Miraculously the next year under new management that same defense who didn't change much personnel wise besides the new DC, went from what 20th if I remember correctly under Sheridan to either 7th or 6th under Fewell.

I think everyone is looking for an excuse and when there aren't any to find, pointing fingers is the next viable option. I would understand and agree, if Tuck and JPP and whoever else on the DE rotation excluding Osi were having good - great production, but that is just not the case right now. JPP was absent yesterday, Tuck has been absent on and off for some games now more off than on, as well as Osi. I would like to think that its more than just the DE's, Just some factors that can affect a pass rush.

1. Break down in coverage either by safties, LB's, or Corners.
2. Quick passes
3. Jumbo sets designed to double and neutralize opposing threat.
4. Defensive scheme anyone?!?
5. Offensive holding that's not being called. " we have beat this horse to hell, haven't we."
etc.

I am not going to make this a protect Osi thread. I believe they are all accomplices in the nonsense we have witnessed as of late. Just don't get the need to single out anyone when it issue is bigger than that.

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
+1 osi helped us win the superbowl last year. he didnt play lights out but he made key plays and helped us close out some games. Im happy we paid him but i think after this season he may be done

Fair assessment, I think so too. Unless he asks to stay at a cap/organization friendly offer; I doubt unless things change his production/age this year would garner a big contract anywhere.

chizz
11-12-2012, 02:01 PM
check osi's stats check tuck's stats. Yet osi gets all the hate .

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I think back to the year of Sheridan. The defense as a whole was terrible that year; Fans thought the drop off in production from Spagnolou leaving was going to be minimal, because he gave the blue print to Sheridan. It was suppose to be a maintenance gig instead of a disaster, boy were we wrong.
The D-line did nothing, the LB's did nothing, the Corners and Safties did everything to give points to the opposing offenses. Miraculously the next year under new management that same defense who didn't change much personnel wise besides the new DC, went from what 20th if I remember correctly under Sheridan to either 7th or 6th under Fewell.

I think everyone is looking for an excuse and when there aren't any to find, pointing fingers is the next viable option. I would understand and agree, if Tuck and JPP and whoever else on the DE rotation excluding Osi were having good - great production, but that is just not the case right now. JPP was absent yesterday, Tuck has been absent on and off for some games now more off than on, as well as Osi. I would like to think that its more than just the DE's, Just some factors that can affect a pass rush.

1. Break down in coverage either by safties, LB's, or Corners.
2. Quick passes
3. Jumbo sets designed to double and neutralize opposing threat.
4. Defensive scheme anyone?!?
5. Offensive holding that's not being called. " we have beat this horse to hell, haven't we."
etc.

I am not going to make this a protect Osi thread. I believe they are all accomplices in the nonsense we have witnessed as of late. Just don't get the need to single out anyone when it issue is bigger than that.

This team isn't playing well, and our offense spotting the Bengal 17 points yesterday wasn't going to help our cause. Our offense gave the Bengals good field position on almost every drive. IMO there was only one goat on defense. Corey Webster. The Giants defense gave up just under 300 yds in total offense, and probably half of those yards were most likely against CW. He was just as bad DD but on the defensive side. On both side of the ball it's like 10 on 11 drills. I am tired of looking at either one of those guys. We need to get both of those guys out of the line up. CW isn't worthy to enough sub for the water boy.

nycisgreat
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM

I agree. They always have about the same number of sacks, but Osi is usually in the top 10 for causing forced fumbles. Not Tuck.

jomo
11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
OY VEYI think Osi's attitude has been pretty good, actually. It is his run defense that hasn't been.

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 02:59 PM
I think Osi's attitude has been pretty good, actually. It is his run defense that hasn't been.

Very true. I wish he didn't over pursue at times, but that is the think with speed rushers they are already in tunnel vision mode that they are too fast to adjust to the ball. If we asked Osi to contain more than rush the passer, then what is he good for really?

We need him to speed rush I think and this is just me spit balling. The goal is to have Osi speed rush his side while the SAM picks up what Osi cannot get to like the running back that jukes out of Osi's reach or the double move scrambling QB like Vick in that Eagles game. Would I like Osi to be smarter in his technique YES please! but I have this feeling that every DE on this team is there for a reason and rotated for a reason; that's our scheme. It's just not working this year for the same possible reason it didn't work the year when Sheridan was DC; When I figure that out you will be the first to know Jomo so you can alert your nephew Ojomo, so we can get things rolling. :)

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 03:36 PM

That might have been true last season, but not now.

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I think Osi's attitude has been pretty good, actually. It is his run defense that hasn't been.

His attitude has been great this season

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
That might have been true last season, but not now.

Still holds true right now depending on how you look at it.

Osi has 27 tkl 4 Sacks 1 of them being a FF
Tuck has 33 tkl and 3 Sacks

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
OY VEY

Well look at it like this. Instead of keeping MM and BJ, Jerry let them go for money issues and then turns around and gives more the amount it would have cost to keep both those guys to Osi when he didn't have to just to keep Osi happy. Now, the loss of BJ is not that profound but in losing MM, we weakened our ability to stretch defenses and it has effected our passing game.

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
This team isn't playing well, and our offense spotting the Bengal 17 points yesterday wasn't going to help our cause. Our offense gave the Bengals good field position on almost every drive. IMO there was only one goat on defense. Corey Webster. The Giants defense gave up just under 300 yds in total offense, and probably half of those yards were most likely against CW. He was just as bad DD but on the defensive side. On both side of the ball it's like 10 on 11 drills. I am tired of looking at either one of those guys. We need to get both of those guys out of the line up. CW isn't worthy to enough sub for the water boy.

The defense opened the game giving up a TD. Granted, the offense is awful but so is the defense.

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Very true. I wish he didn't over pursue at times, but that is the think with speed rushers they are already in tunnel vision mode that they are too fast to adjust to the ball. If we asked Osi to contain more than rush the passer, then what is he good for really?

We need him to speed rush I think and this is just me spit balling. The goal is to have Osi speed rush his side while the SAM picks up what Osi cannot get to like the running back that jukes out of Osi's reach or the double move scrambling QB like Vick in that Eagles game. Would I like Osi to be smarter in his technique YES please! but I have this feeling that every DE on this team is there for a reason and rotated for a reason; that's our scheme. It's just not working this year for the same possible reason it didn't work the year when Sheridan was DC; When I figure that out you will be the first to know Jomo so you can alert your nephew Ojomo, so we can get things rolling. :)

When Osi decided to break containment in Miracle at Meadowlands II is when Mike Vick began to have a field day and lead Eagles back to victory.

Whatever Osi is doing this year and whatever arguments there are to defend or oppose him, there is absolutely no way that JR should have allowed himself to be held up by Osi and he shouldn't have paid him.

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 04:17 PM
His attitude has been great this season

Really? Although he has buried his little war of the words with Shady McCoy he is still yapping about other RBs before we play them and then he is doing nothing to back his mouth up. Notice that JPP is now doing the same thing.

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 04:35 PM

I stand corrected, you are right. Regardless, I would have taken a 3rd round pick for Osi. Our lockerrooom would have benefited greatly from him being gone.

CDN_G-FAN
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM

to me we've had kiwi and osi available as a DE for the last few seasons, Kiwi was moved to LBer because we had too many DEs and not enough LBers.

Osi waited all of 2 seasons before he started complaining about he re-signing, which i hate.

this team has always played best when 'me' players just shelved all their BS and played.

It was no coincidence that with Tiki out of town, Strahan finally in line behind our coaches, and Shockey out with a season ending injury, all of a sudden our whole team started playing better.

i've always said from a talent perspective losing osi would make this a less talented team rather than a more talented one if/when he left.

But i think having players that just do what they're asked without all the public and private BS (kiwi) make this team a better one, even if you have to trade some talent in the process.

So, since you're asking for my two cents, anytime anything distracts this team from what they're suppose to be doing, including some knob who over-estimates his market value and holds out with multiple years left on a deal, i become pretty uninterested in keeping him around.