PDA

View Full Version : Not Giving UP!

Fla-gman
11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
So we lost a few games........The season is not over yet, Let's see how they do after the bye week, then you can fire TC and not resign Cruz!There is no running game to really speak of and our D-Line has a better rep than anything else right now. We have won Superbowls with worse records. They will eitheir get it together or they won't. You can't win every year!

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 02:54 PM
The hysteria on this board is a bit much. Fire this guy, bench that guy, blah blah blah.

Of course there's reason for concern but we've been down this road before and we know what can happen. I'm not suggesting that it will, but there is time to right the ship and if there is one team that knows how to do that, it is us. A win against the Packers and all of sudden everyone will start coming back in off the ledge.

It's obvious that players are banged up and haven't been playing up to their potential. The bye week should serve these guys well, and give our guys a chance to clear their heads and come back re-focused on what we set out to do this year. Repeat. It will also give our coaching staff a chance to reevaluate what teams have been doing to us and make the adjustments necessary.

Every veteran and coach on this team deserves our support and deserves the benefit of the doubt for what they have given us in recent years. Many of you fail to realize what a great time it has been to be a Giants fan.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
The hysteria on this board is a bit much. Fire this guy, bench that guy, blah blah blah.

Of course there's reason for concern but we've been down this road before and we know what can happen. I'm not suggesting that it will, but there is time to right the ship and if there is one team that knows how to do that, it is us. A win against the Packers and all of sudden everyone would start coming back in off the ledge.

It's obvious that players are banged and haven't been playing up to their potential. The bye week should serve these guys well, and give our guys a chance to clear their heads and come back re-focused on what we set out to do this year. Repeat.

Every veteran and coach on this team deserves our support and deserves the benefit of the doubt for what they have given us in recent years. Many of you fail to realize what a great time it has been to be a Giants fan.

Yes but can you really come back after you've jumped?

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Yes but can you really come back after you've jumped?

lol. I'll throw you a rope pal!

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 03:01 PM
lol. I'll throw you a rope pal!
Oh I'm not talking about me Rosie.

Kruunch
11-12-2012, 03:04 PM

You sure? We juuuuuuuust got you on the Eli bandwagon after all ;)

stormblue
11-12-2012, 03:04 PM
as long as the blood on the sidewalk is blue........

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 03:07 PM

My bad, I thought maybe you were Ranting on Eli Vol II and it put you over the edge. :)

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 03:15 PM
My bad, I thought maybe you were Ranting on Eli Vol II and it put you over the edge. :)
I've tried not to rant on any individual player after this loss.
This team is playing horrible and no one is excluded in that.

Except me....My game is still dead on. Hahaha!!!

GameTime
11-12-2012, 03:40 PM
its not if we the fans give up or not its hopefully the players and coaches dont give up..

as of the mid 3rd quarter yesterday they totally gave up. No urgency, no "no huddle or two minute drill, no rushe. The turned that game into a live practice session...

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Today is a day for fans to vent, this could go on for a few days but the real fans will be back by Monday getting jacked for the game against the Packers!

GameTime
11-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Today is a day for fans to vent, this could go on for a few days but the real fans will be back by Monday getting jacked for the game against the Packers!
I am a real fan and am veting big time todasy but from what this team has showed the last 4 weeks I am not getting pumped for anything. Will I watch the next game?....yes of course. I will also have faith the will get this turned around but I wont be a bit surprised if GB beats the **** out them either.

giantsforce
11-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Today is a day for fans to vent, this could go on for a few days but the real fans will be back by Monday getting jacked for the game against the Packers!The sad thing is that Gianst fans get more "jacked" than the Giants players.

ryan12
11-12-2012, 04:06 PM
The sad thing is that Gianst fans get more "jacked" than the Giants players.

my thoughts exactly i was embarrased to be a giants fan they played with no heart. i wonder if the players were as distraught as my whole house was after the *** whipping we took

Daytona Giant
11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
This is a great post I don’t know if the rest of the games will play out like the last 3 or 4.I have been a rabid Giant fan since the late 50s I know what pain is.Every year we go through this fire the coaches, play this one but believe me the last five years have been the best. I thought Phil Simms sucked for awhile I used to call him HappyFeet.Just relax and enjoy they are not as bad as you think Everybody knew the O line was not great TC made a mistake and screwed with the chemistry and made it worse

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 04:17 PM
There is no threat of losing your job or starting time on this team.
Wilson fumbles he gets banned from the line up for multiple games : Bradshaw fumbles but gets back in there on the next play
Locklear gets benched for favoritism, even after bad performance's he's sill benched
The Offensive game plan has not changed much / Neither has the Defensive schemes
Players and coaches are doing what it takes to play the game but they are not doing what they NEED to do to get the win.

I can only watch and grimace every time they let me down. Good news is I've gone down from 3 days of being pissed off, to one day with some a nap after a loss; I see it going down to 2 hours and a corona by the end of the season. I am becoming numb to the nonsense.

yo-ho
11-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Weatherford is having an MVP season Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!

TroyArcher
11-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Still in first place.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
its not if we the fans give up or not its hopefully the players and coaches dont give up..

as of the mid 3rd quarter yesterday they totally gave up. No urgency, no "no huddle or two minute drill, no rushe. The turned that game into a live practice session...

You aren't one of the people I had in mind when I made that post.

My father was watching the game with me and he kept saying the same thing. "I don't understand the thinking. Do they know how many scores they are down?" But my take at that point was things had gotten so bad that we were just trying to "walk before we could run." As strange as it may be, I think our coaches were just looking to see is we could drive the field and put 7 on the board. Then maybe we could play off of that.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM

Yes, I've noticed a lot of love surrounding your posts! lol.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Venting is cool. But some are a bit over the top with nonsense. Especially with the calls to fire TC and our coaches.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Venting is cool. But some are a bit over the top with nonsense. Especially with the calls to fire TC and our coaches.

Is it really nonsense when PFF agrees with such sentiments?

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
This is a great post I don’t know if the rest of the games will play out like the last 3 or 4.I have been a rabid Giant fan since the late 50s I know what pain is.Every year we go through this fire the coaches, play this one but believe me the last five years have been the best. I thought Phil Simms sucked for awhile I used to call him HappyFeet.Just relax and enjoy they are not as bad as you think Everybody knew the O line was not great TC made a mistake and screwed with the chemistry and made it worse

Thank you, and I think you nailed it at least in part. Eli has been under much more pressure with Diehl at RT than he was with Locklear. While Eli has made some poor throws the last few weeks, the 2 picks he threw yesterday were with guys hanging on him.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Is it really nonsense when PFF agrees with such sentiments?

I don't know them, and if their view is that the Giants should fire Tom Coughlin 10 games after we just won our 2nd SB in 5 years, we're currently in 1st place with a 6-4 record, and after signing a new contract, then I have a feeling I'm not missing much.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 05:46 PM
There is no threat of losing your job or starting time on this team.
Wilson fumbles he gets banned from the line up for multiple games : Bradshaw fumbles but gets back in there on the next play
Locklear gets benched for favoritism, even after bad performance's he's sill benched
The Offensive game plan has not changed much / Neither has the Defensive schemes
Players and coaches are doing what it takes to play the game but they are not doing what they NEED to do to get the win.

I can only watch and grimace every time they let me down. Good news is I've gone down from 3 days of being pissed off, to one day with some a nap after a loss; I see it going down to 2 hours and a corona by the end of the season. I am becoming numb to the nonsense.

The offense line needs a change for sure and I wouldn't be surprised if that occurs now.

Wilson can't get on the field because he's incapable of protecting Eli. And once he fumbled TC lost all confidence in him. His time will come however.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't know them, and if their view is that the Giants should fire Tom Coughlin 10 games after we just won our 2nd SB in 5 years, we're currently in 1st place with a 6-4 record, and after signing a new contract, then I have a feeling I'm not missing much.

They didn't come out and say it, but this was their response to the Giants starting Diehl:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbmoJ3Gwr4B0oc54MHjNKCwkIQYEIKa r3N30YHBIYF7CUoAMh8duf1fUtBWw

Martyr
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
+1
Everyones needs to vent a little, but after a day or two some of us need to push the keyboard away and relax with the crazy threads. Next week lets enjoy some other teams play then watch the Giants beat the Packers 2 weeks from now.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 05:57 PM
They didn't come out and say it, but this was their response to the Giants starting Diehl:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbmoJ3Gwr4B0oc54MHjNKCwkIQYEIKa r3N30YHBIYF7CUoAMh8duf1fUtBWw

We are all frustrated with that. A lot of coaches are loyal to a fault with their veteran players. DD has played three positions for the Giants. He's a good soldier who's struggling.

Moke
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
DD is a good soldier who has been struggling for awhile now. That's the type of player we can't afford keeping. This is a 16 game schedule, not 82. No time for BS.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 06:04 PM
DD is a good soldier who has been struggling for awhile now. That's the type of player we can't afford keeping. This is a 16 game schedule, not 82. No time for BS.

Agreed. But we did it with KMac last year. The only difference is we've seen that Loklear can play pretty well.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Agreed. But we did it with KMac last year. The only difference is we've seen that Loklear can play pretty well.

We did it with KMac last year because we didn't have anyone better on the bench. All we had for backup tackles was Brewer, after Beatty went down for the season.

This year we have Locklear warming the bench even though he's better...

NYFG
11-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised, every November its the same ****. After 6-2 the team tanks, lucky for us we only have 3 games in November. With the tough remaining schedule we should do fine. We always play well when everything is on the line.

Fla-gman
11-12-2012, 09:14 PM
This is a great post I donít know if the rest of the games will play out like the last 3 or 4.I have been a rabid Giant fan since the late 50s I know what pain is.Every year we go through this fire the coaches, play this one but believe me the last five years have been the best. I thought Phil Simms sucked for awhile I used to call him HappyFeet.Just relax and enjoy they are not as bad as you think Everybody knew the O line was not great TC made a mistake and screwed with the chemistry and made it worse

Thanks, I haven't been a fan since the 50's but I do remember Ray Handley! Now thats pain!

egyptian420
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I haven't given up, on Sunday this team did.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks, I haven't been a fan since the 50's but I do remember Ray Handley! Now thats pain!

Wait a second, he was referring to me! ;)

Fla-gman
11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Wait a second, he was referring to me! ;)

Thought I started the post.......