PDA

View Full Version : Bengals AJ Green Finds Holes In Giants Defense...

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Bengals AJ Green Finds Holes In Giants Defense, But Says His Comments Were Taken Out Of Context

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/bengals_aj_green_finds_holes_i.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Early in the week, A.J. Green said the Giants defense had "a lot of holes" in it. He backed his words up with a 56-yard touchdown on the fifth play of the game Sunday in the Bengals' 31-13 rout. But after the game he wasn't boasting much, claiming his words were taken out of context.

“I’m not the kind of guy to talk bad about an opponent. I know they all play hard, just like we do,” Green said. “I respect everyone’s game.”

Green prefaced his comment, said in an interview on WFAN, by complimenting the front four. He finished seven catches for 85 yards." Read more...

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Seems to be a stand up kind of guy

Moke
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Always liked AJ Green, and he's a hell of an athlete.

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Always liked AJ Green, and he's a hell of an athlete. is it just me or does a.j Green look like the old Hakeem nicks

Moke
11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
is it just me or does a.j Green look like the old Hakeem nicks

Yes!

TheEnigma
11-12-2012, 02:28 PM
He looks like he could be Chris Tucker's son too. Anyway, he's a classy young man who I hope does well in this league.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 02:31 PM
good sportsmanship...

he found more than holes though. He found huge expanses of realestate without a D player insight....

BlueReign
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
He's one of the best WRs in the game. There was nothing wrong with what he said last week about the defense contrary to popular thought around here. Rolle needs to keep his trap shut

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 02:39 PM
good sportsmanship...

he found more than holes though. He found huge expanses of realestate without a D player insight....

You would think at this point in the season we would know where we're supposed to be on the field. Both sides of the ball just seem to be confused.

BlueReign
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
You would think at this point in the season we would know where we're supposed to be on the field. Both sides of the ball just seem to be confused.
Not to mention Webster always seems to be involved in those blown coverages.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 02:44 PM

yeah...on the first TD to Green where he was the only one down field Webster had the safety in his veiw to his right before the snap so why the hell would he think he would have help over the top.......
I just dont get it....

Captain Chaos
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
There were more than just a few holes there....

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Now we need to win 4 of the remaning games for the Division lock?

sg92
11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
The Giants' D was bizarre on the first Bengals series yesterday. The first two plays of the game, he basically got iso one on one -- the safety was down low and nowhere near Green on the snap. I was at the game, and before the snap, there was no question that Dalton was going to go to Green given that defensive alignment. Then the TD on the 5th play -- obviously a blown coverage, but how do you do that when Green is pretty much the only guy on the field you have to worry about?

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Now we need to win 4 of the remaning games for the Division lock?And we will don't worry...

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Right now we have a defense that gets pissed off about what the opponent says about them before the game, but can't back it up on the field.

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 07:22 PM
And we will don't worry...

I just wanted to make sure I had the right number

egyptian420
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
This is why, as God-awful as Deihl was (and I'm for him getting replaced), you can't make him the scapegoat.

The defense got embarassed, they weren't even ready before some snaps, they were getting torched, guys were confused, and for the first time it wasn't just Tuck and Osi being ghostly, but even JPP was a no show for this game, the entire line sucked, zero pressure on Daltopn.

The special teams couldn't tackle for the life of them on that return, they were also confused and looked as hesitant and bewildered as the rest of the team. Wilson running into Randle, no punt coverage, no blocking for Wilson...

And last but Certainly not least, the offense was the worst of them all. Zero run blocking and pass protection, the o-line was crumbling like dry bread. The QB was throwing picks, getting sacked, fumbling, barely throwing any catchable passes, and the very few were dropped by our receivers.

Easily the worst game I've seen from this team as a whole in the last 2 years, the NO game last year was pretty bad, but it was NO, not the 3-5 Bengals. Yes...I know they're better than they're record, but that's still embarassing how we played.