PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin: Ahmad Bradshaw Undergoes Battery Of Tests

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 05:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8624211/ahmad-bradshaw-new-york-giants-undergo-battery-tests-tom-coughlin-says

Excerpt: "NY Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw) will undergo a battery of tests as the team conducts medical examinations over the next two days before taking a break during their bye week.

Bradshaw said he underwent X-rays on Sunday but would not divulge on which area, other than to say it was not on his surgically repaired feet.

Bradshaw also suffered injuries to his hand and neck earlier this season.

"He'll probably have every test known to man here in the next couple of days," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Monday. "We have a big medical day with our players. Today and tomorrow, they will be visiting the hospital and getting MRIs and whatever."

The whole goal right now would be to rest and have people healthy so that we can come back and be prepared to practice fully next week."Bradshaw has been held to one practice per week as he manages pain in his foot, a routine he has followed in past seasons as well."We've been down this road with Bradshaw many, many times," Coughlin said.

"But until I am told any different or he tells me any different, we will just plan on him playing the same percentages going forward." Read more...

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Yet this guy continues to insist to play on Sunday's. I love Bradshaw, he is a warrior, but he is hurting the team playing hurt. Brown has shown a great ability to run the ball, catch the ball, and pass protect Eli. It's time for Bradshaw to sit. TC should also stop this guy from hurting the team any further... how you let this guy play when he is getting x-rays is beyond me. I swear if this doesn't change our run game is never going to get any better. Why put all this pressure on Eli give him some damn help.

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
"We've been down this road with Bradshaw many, many times," Coughlin said.

"But until I am told any different or he tells me any different, we will just plan on him playing the same percentages going forward." Read more...

Well, there you have it, folks.

Good luck with that.

JJC7301
11-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Yet this guy continues to insist to play on Sunday's. I love Bradshaw, he is a warrior, but he is hurting the team playing hurt. Brown has shown a great ability to run the ball, catch the ball, and pass protect Eli. It's time for Bradshaw to sit. TC should also stop this guy from hurting the team any further... how you let this guy play when he is getting x-rays is beyond me.
Feel the same. My fav player, but enough is enough. Rest the guy 2 or 3 weeks, and when he comes back play him a little more sparingly. Let Brown get touches.

I don't understand. I don't understand.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Feel the same. My fav player, but enough is enough. Rest the guy 2 or 3 weeks, and when he comes back play him a little more sparingly. Let Brown get touches.

I don't understand. I don't understand. It's getting to become ridiculous...really.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
I get the idea that TC is feeling the heat, yet is squirming to find a way out of starting Bradshaw that doesn't involve admitting he was wrong. He's starting to feel more and more like Old Man Potter as the season wears on...

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Good-Bad-and-Ugly-New-York-Giants-Cincinnati-Bengals-Week-10-Eli-Manning-Tom-Coughlin-Kevin-Gilbride-Ahmad-Bradshaw-Hakeem-Nicks-Victor-Cruz-Corey-Webster-178910791.html

BAD: Teams are daring the Giants to run the ball and the Giants keep failing to do it at the crucial points in the game. Ahmad Bradshaw's tough guy credentials can't be questioned, but you have to wonder if he's hurting the team by not allowing himself to heal up and he's now lost three fumbles this season on top of his middling results running the ball.

UGLY: Something else Coughlin needs to answer is why he thought returning David Diehl to the starting lineup made any sense at all. Diehl was a turnstile on Sunday, just as he was against the Steelers, and the Giants line has fallen apart since he replaced Sean Locklear at right tackle.

BlueBlooded1979
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Is Diehl being treated for the tire marks left by Cincy running him over ?

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I get the idea that TC is feeling the heat, yet is squirming to find a way out of starting Bradshaw that doesn't involve admitting he was wrong. He's starting to feel more and more like Old Man Potter as the season wears on...

This could all be very simply handled.....Coughlin could just state:

"Ahmad Bradshaw is a tremendous competitor, but we need to shut him down for a while, because we need him to be 100%....right now, all this work isn't doing him any favors. We need Andre Brown and David Wilson to step up while Bradshaw rests up."

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Is Diehl being treated for the tire marks left by Cincy running him over ?Haha

TheShouldersOf
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM
"But until I am told any different or he tells me any different, we will just plan on him playing the same percentages going forward."

a Superbowl level coach, insisting to play an injured player

really deserves that respect from the team,

it;s sad, and yet you laugh

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Yet this guy continues to insist to play on Sunday's. I love Bradshaw, he is a warrior, but he is hurting the team playing hurt. Brown has shown a great ability to run the ball, catch the ball, and pass protect Eli. It's time for Bradshaw to sit. TC should also stop this guy from hurting the team any further... how you let this guy play when he is getting x-rays is beyond me. I swear if this doesn't change our run game is never going to get any better. Why put all this pressure on Eli give him some damn help.

I would like to see them let Brown take the majority of snaps going forward. Thrse is some evidence that they could be heading that way as Brown started the game yesterday and, I think, took more snaps than in any previous game in which Bradhsaw played. But what impressed me most about Brown was the height and distance he achieved on the goal line TD. Maybe I'm overstating it but he went up and landed 2 - 3 yards inside the end zone and was better than 6' in the air.

There is something to be considered about players like Diehl and Bradshaw. If we can assume they KNOW they are not up to the task the thoughts of ending their careers has to be devastating. They don't know anything else, if they have not invested wisely what are they going to do to earn a living. I can understand their reluctance to say "take me out, coach." The coach just has to pull the plug and I'm sure that's not easy for them to do.

I'm not saying I agree with them playing, just offering some thoughts on why they may not.

bklyn1028
11-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I agree with you guys wholeheartedly. Jacobs got benched for Bradshaw when he couldn't get the job done. Bradshaw is one of the hardest, dedicated running backs in the league, I mean that guy will fight for an inch...but.......something isn't right. Be it his legs, ankles, elbows whatever, he isn't getting the job done. Coughlin doesn't have to fire him, just give Brown a shot. Right now Brown is blowing Bradshaw away, and that isn't taking anything away from Bradshaw.

The team comes first, not Bradshaw.

Diehl......i love that guy, but it's time for Locklear to step in. He did a much better job than DD is doing, and I hate to say that, but it is what it is.

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
a Superbowl level coach, insisting to play an injured player
[/FONT][/COLOR]

really deserves that respect from the team,

it;s sad, and yet you laugh

Do you think this is the only team that has injured players on the field?

B&RWarrior
11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
AB ran great yesterday. Its the fumble that hurt us. I don't see how you complain about 5.7 yards/carry with only one run above 10 yards.

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
AB ran great yesterday. Its the fumble that hurt us. I don't see how you complain about 5.7 yards/carry with only one run above 10 yards.

I understand what you're saying, but when you fumble, "great" is taken off the table when you lose the way we lost.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Bradshaw is not the problem.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I would like to see them let Brown take the majority of snaps going forward. Thrse is some evidence that they could be heading that way as Brown started the game yesterday and, I think, took more snaps than in any previous game in which Bradhsaw played. But what impressed me most about Brown was the height and distance he achieved on the goal line TD. Maybe I'm overstating it but he went up and landed 2 - 3 yards inside the end zone and was better than 6' in the air.

There is something to be considered about players like Diehl and Bradshaw. If we can assume they KNOW they are not up to the task the thoughts of ending their careers has to be devastating. They don't know anything else, if they have not invested wisely what are they going to do to earn a living. I can understand their reluctance to say "take me out, coach." The coach just has to pull the plug and I'm sure that's not easy for them to do.

I'm not saying I agree with them playing, just offering some thoughts on why they may not.Your probably a 100% right on why the changes are not being made. To me though at what cost? Yesterday was clear as day that the 2 players mentioned killed our momentum numerous times. I think TC is great no matter what people say about him but this has to stop. Like you said that play in the endzone with Brown...you see a guy that wants it and still has it. Bradshaw wants it but is just to damn hurt.

With DD...it really makes me mad cause if I were him I would just take a look at my qb and see what I have just done to get him on the ground what 2 times ,to realize I shouldn't be starting. He's going to get Eli killed. Eli should be the first priority of the team and not Bradshaw and dd. TC should know this by now. If you cannot protect Eli and you can't get positive yards running the ball we will not win. We snuck up on teams last year but they are ready for us this year.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM

I'm not so much knocking on Bradshaw as much as others... 5.7 YPC is nothing to be ashamed of. Brown had 9.7 with his long 29 yarder, or 6.0 not counting it. This was also much closer to split carries than we have previously seen with both members of AB Squadron active. That adjustment is working just fine for our running game. Brown is more than worthy of splitting carries with Bradshaw, and although he doesn't have the brute strength of Jacobs, he also doesn't tip toe either...

What I do want to see happen IMMEDIATELY is the benching of Diehl. Unlike the Bradshaw/Brown scenario, we have a SUPERIOR player warming the bench in Locklear. We've seen it on the field when Diehl was inactive or playing Jumbo TE. It's night and day, the difference that one personnel change makes. If Locklear started against Cincy, the pressure evaporates, Eli doesn't force 3 picks into traffic, maybe gets sacked only once instead of 4 times, and it's a whole different ballgame at that point. JUST from benching Diehl for Locklear. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN *** COUGHLIN

yo-ho
11-12-2012, 06:03 PM
I think these players must have clauses in their contracts that say that management has to get the players consent to bench them. You know, after all we are working under the new collective bargaining agreement.

BMW
11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Coughlin should have his head tested for starting diehl and not benching bradshaw after the fumble.

JesseJames
11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
a QB always has a more private relationship with the HC than other players and for that reason I have to feel Eli is already telling TC that Diehl is going to get him killed and is the reason why a lot of plays aren't working, but TC is just going to have to get passed his ideas about loyalty and just do whats best for the team and some of that goes toward playing AB when he is obviously not 100% and may never be again...

GMAN2K9
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM

"Ahmad Bradshaw is a tremendous competitor, but we need to shut him down for a while, because we need him to be 100%....right now, all this work isn't doing him any favors. We need Andre Brown and David Wilson to step up while Bradshaw rests up."

Does Coughlin remember how many carries David Wilson had yesterday?
One carry for our 1st round pick?! How IN THE WORLD is the kid supposed to be a difference maker with a random carry or two per game?!

100% moronic decision making as of late with our coaching staff

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 07:45 PM
One carry for our 1st round pick?! How IN THE WORLD is the kid supposed to be a difference maker with a random carry or two per game?!

100% moronic decision making as of late with our coaching staff he's our Tebow

sc_markt
11-12-2012, 07:47 PM

I don't understand. I don't understand.

Agreed. And I'd like to see Wilson get some touches as well.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Love Bradshaw but he needs big down time.......at least 3 weeks or more......

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Love Bradshaw but he needs big down time.......at least 3 weeks or more......

I'm hoping we saw a sense of change coming with Brown taking the first snap yesterday. I realize it was only one play, but I think he had more snaps in this game than another game Bradshaw played in. I was impressed with his leap into the end zone

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 09:07 PM

100% moronic decision making as of late with our coaching staff

Running backs need more than just a handful of carries in order to establish a rhythm.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Running backs need more than just a handful of carries in order to establish a rhythm.Exactly that is why I hate the 2 back system let one go play and when he needs a breather take him out for a play or two.

Redeyejedi
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Bradshaw wont sit because he knows if he does his job will be gone and before long he will be cut playing for another team at a 1/4 salary

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Bradshaw wont sit because he knows if he does his job will be gone and before long he will be cut playing for another team at a 1/4 salaryAnd you know what that it pretty damn selfish if you ask me.The guy needs to stop hurting the damn team cause with his unproductive running we won't be able to defend the SB.

appodictic
11-12-2012, 11:32 PM
And you know what that it pretty damn selfish if you ask me.The guy needs to stop hurting the damn team cause with his unproductive running we won't be able to defend the SB. Lol. You think bradshaw is selfish based on what Redeyejedi says? What you think he demands the giants play him, or else he will get cut and play for 1/4th! Do you understand how leverage works?

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Lol. You think bradshaw is selfish based on what Redeyejedi says? What you think he demands the giants play him, or else he will get cut and play for 1/4th! Do you understand how leverage works? He knows there are two better RBs behind him, so he doesn't want to lose his starting job or get cut.

appodictic
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
He knows there are two better RBs behind him, so he doesn't want to lose his starting job or get cut. Your right he should just retire, because brown almost rushes for as many yards as he does.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 12:01 AM
How do the message board coaches know that Brown or Wilson would do any better than Bradshaw?

appodictic
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
How do the message board coaches know that Brown or Wilson would do any better than Bradshaw? Because they believe you should bench yourself! brilliant! At work if they have a bad day I wonder if they dock their own pay!

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Don't get me wrong, the fumble was bad, but it was not the only reason why they lost. This offense has been struggling for a month now. They have been struggling even before they made Diehl the starter. They have major problems and Bradshaw is taking a lot of heat for them.

TheShouldersOf
11-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Do you think this is the only team that has injured players on the field?

is this the only team that lets it's players dictate how much they can play?

i thought the Giants were a 'Team' not the Bradshaw's, the said the offense is suffering because of Nicks and Bradshaw's injuries, so as s team demanding you stay on the field wasting opportunities, is a team effort?

joemorrisforprez
11-13-2012, 01:47 AM
I understand he's undergoing a neck x-ray.

But necks are overrated....plug him back in there....noboby else can block.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--S6WstjgO4g/Tjfvb3rFIxI/AAAAAAAABGk/Ge6933EXgsM/s1600/monty+python+black+knight.jpg

Rusty192
11-13-2012, 02:28 AM

"Ahmad Bradshaw is a tremendous competitor, but we need to shut him down for a while, because we need him to be 100%....right now, all this work isn't doing him any favors. We need Andre Brown and David Wilson to step up while Bradshaw rests up."lol You diplomat you.

Captain Chaos
11-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Obviously he is not 100% and he needs to be rested, I think Brown and Wilson can do just as good of a job!